Texas Hunting Forum

Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter

Posted By: DQ Kid

Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 02:18 AM

Hannah Guiterrez, 26 yo former armorer of Rust movie found guilty of involuntary manslaughter through gross negligence; Alec Baldwin's involuntary manslaughter trial to start in July. Wonder how today's conviction will play into his trial.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 03:06 AM

I said from the beginning she was responsible and I suspect he walks.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 03:19 AM

It will be a good practice run for his trial. That’s the way it always goes with multiple defendants.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 03:43 AM

You bet his lawyers were present during his trial and taking notes. I suspect he will walk, which is bullchit.

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 06:37 AM

There’s no surprises for the defense. The prosecution however has to deal with the BS defense theories. Two separate trials for the same offense almost always favors the prosecution.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 12:17 PM

IMO one question will free him or hang him.’Did you know that live ammunition was on the set and had been fired from the weapons being used?’
Posted By: Guy

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
I said from the beginning she was responsible and I suspect he walks.

I always thought she was “most” responsible, it is her job to make sure the guns are safe. But I think others share responsibility, like Baldwin, he pulled the trigger and he now saying he didn’t??? It just went off on its own??? bs

I bet if the scene called for him to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger he would have made sure it was safe. And isn’t he responsible for everything on the set? He hired and trusted a 26 year old california girl to keep the guns safe?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 01:53 PM

I bet he pleads down now after her conviction.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 02:48 PM

I just can't understand how live ammo makes it's way onto any movie set.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
But I think others share responsibility, like Baldwin, he pulled the trigger and he now saying he didn’t??? It just went off on its own??? bs

I doubt anyone involved in that trial has enough firearm knowledge to realize that a single action revolver is one of the safest firearms around. It takes two deliberate actions to fire one. I wonder if the gun in question has a transfer bar? That would really end the discussion about pulling the trigger.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

I've seen some ideas floated... but they didn't come out in court. Seems as though Hannah and friends would slip out into the desert on slow shooting days and fire up a fatty and plink bottles and cans with the production guns. Seems pretty plausible now considering what happened.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Originally Posted by reeltexan

I've seen some ideas floated... but they didn't come out in court. Seems as though Hannah and friends would slip out into the desert on slow shooting days and fire up a fatty and plink bottles and cans with the production guns. Seems pretty plausible now considering what happened.

That’s what I heard too.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/07/24 03:27 PM

Sexist comment of the day......something about sending a "woman" to do a man's job...... angel
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/13/24 03:21 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/13/24 03:26 AM

rofl
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/13/24 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Hannah Guiterrez, 26 yo former armorer of Rust movie found guilty of involuntary manslaughter through gross negligence; Alec Baldwin's involuntary manslaughter trial to start in July. Wonder how today's conviction will play into his trial.

What does that get you now of days? 1 year probation?

I remember back in Dallas you could kill someone and get manslaughter charges like shoot them during fight and only get one year in prison back in the early 80's.
Posted By: Grit

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/13/24 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

I remember back in Dallas you could kill someone and get manslaughter charges like shoot them during fight and only get one year in prison back in the early 80's.

I can imagine how that would play out in Smith county even today. Highest rate of convictions in the State of Texas. You best keep your nose clean here, because they will hang your azz.

As to the moron in question, the end user always has the responsibility to make sure the weapon is safe. One of the gun safety rules. Never take anyone's word for it.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/14/24 01:28 AM

It taught me something. Now, when I pick up a gun or even get one out of the safe, I check it. I have 2 sidearms that are always loaded and in battery. One is my car gun when I leave town. The other is my house gun.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/14/24 02:33 AM

Thankfully I don't need to check my revolvers for blanks.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 03/15/24 06:28 AM

POS asks judge to dismiss charges in fatal 'Rust' shooting

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...7b8c43006543e192fcf48ddbcbce5e&ei=10
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 04/16/24 02:10 AM

'Rust' armorer sentenced to 18 months in fatal shooting by Alec Baldwin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...&ocid=msedgntp&FORM=BNC001&p

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 04/16/24 02:33 AM

That’s the maximum for that charge I believe.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 04/16/24 01:33 PM

The SOB that had the gun in his hands is the one that should be charged also.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 04/23/24 12:27 AM

A little Alec Baldwin harassment. Left vs Left.

https://x.com/stillgray/status/1782555824076018008?s=46&t=dxAyRrvehO6uhdIaGTZQXA
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 04/23/24 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Grit
Originally Posted by RedRanger

I can imagine how that would play out in Smith county even today. Highest rate of convictions in the State of Texas. You best keep your nose clean here, because they will hang your azz.

As to the moron in question, the end user always has the responsibility to make sure the weapon is safe. One of the gun safety rules. Never take anyone's word for it.

That is not the way it works with a GOOD Armorer, you do anything to the weapon after they certify it safe and hand it to the actor, it gets taken away from you and re-certified. Then you get an a$$ chewing about messing with a certified safe weapon.
That said, when you have a certified electrician do work on your house, do you go back and check everything they did? How about getting a break job on your car or truck, do you take the wheels off, pull the calipers off and re-blead the system?
You hire an expert for a reason, just happens she was out smoking weed and shooting live ammo instead of doing the ONE THING she was hired to do and someone died.
I watch lots of old westerns and there are hundreds if not thousands of blanks fired at the camera with no one getting killed or wounded. Seems they took their job a whole lot more serious back then.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Rust Armorer Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter - 04/23/24 03:30 PM

It is hard for us to comprehend how he made such a grave mistake because we are gun people and treat all guns like they are loaded at all times. But Alec Baldwin is a Hollywood actor and might not even know how to check if it has blanks. Probably doesn’t even know how to load or unload a weapon.

Reloads are often a complete afterthought in Hollywood, afterthought as in the movie is already in theaters and people are asking questions about reloads.

I am not a fan of Alec Baldwin, but doubt if he had a clue.

Old Rabbit said it best.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum