Texas Hunting Forum

Primary voting observations

Posted By: 71Rcode

Primary voting observations - 03/05/24 10:46 PM

Voted in Denton County primary today. Few observations.
1) Republican side packed with 10-15 workers per location I visited. Helpful friendly workers of all races and ages. Folks nicely dressed. Democrat side three workers per location. All women lookingat their phones. Mostly older short hair.
2) Republican side packed with voters of all ages and races. People very friendly. Democrat side I saw one voter in two locations. She was white, tall/big, and wearing a mask.

What did you guys experience?
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 12:47 AM

Nobody there when I went last week.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 12:49 AM

We don't separate.
Posted By: batman

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 01:13 AM

In Azle this morning:
4 odd looking folks at the dem table, only 1 voter showed while I was there

3 young, polite Hispanics working the Republican table, I had to wait in line about 5 minutes to vote.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 01:31 AM

Mine was at the volunteer fire station. Everyone here were just good country folks. The polling place supervisor said Have A Blessed Day to me as I left.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 01:41 AM

Voted earlier. Had a numb nutz 50 is guy who was part of the election workers try and make a joke out of the T Shirt I had on.

He said so which heroes do we believe in, the brave workers at Starbucks and named some other fast food place? I replied; What did you say in a very irritated way.
He replied well you just dropped my joke on the floor and stepped on it. I replied that I did not find it funny at all and he walked away.

The shirt I wore earlier.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: txwildcat

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 02:35 AM

Was in line at 10 til 7am in WIlliamson County. About 15 ahead of me. I would guess the Republican side was 3-1 over Democrats line. No waiting in the D line...

Hope some incumbents get the boot,,,,,
Posted By: TLew

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 02:56 AM

Collin county, we don’t separate by party but each poll worker has two sheets — one for dems and one for republicans. 5 poll workers and I only saw one workers sheets — 34 republicans and 11 dems on his.

Had to wait in line for 45 minutes. Best turnout on Election Day that I’ve seen for a primary
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 03:18 AM

I live in a 88% Republican county. Voted early and no one but the wife and I there.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
Voted earlier. Had a numb nutz 50 is guy who was part of the election workers try and make a joke out of the T Shirt I had on.

He said so which heroes do we believe in, the brave workers at Starbucks and named some other fast food place? I replied; What did you say in a very irritated way.
He replied well you just dropped my joke on the floor and stepped on it. I replied that I did not find it funny at all and he walked away.

[Linked Image]

Dallas County. I’m sorry for your burden.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 03:33 AM

Got in a long line around 5:50 and it took about 45 min to get up to the door. Huge turnout in Collin County. My daughter was able to vote for the first time.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 03:53 AM

Also Dallas County.

I’m standing there making my selections and a poll worker pushes an elderly woman in a wheel chair to the machine next to me. The poll worker then snatches a voter reference sheet from the woman telling her she can’t have that here but it’s ok if she leaves and writes the names down. I about lost it. I standing there with my cheat sheet and if the woman tried to grab it from me there was going to be a scene. I felt real bad for the elderly lady. She was in shock over the incident.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 04:37 AM

In my county they don’t separate by party and the county is pretty red. I was in line a little after 10 and there was a line however it moved quickly. We had three Republican candidates for state representative with one being the incumbent and it appears we are going to have a runoff.
Posted By: nak

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 04:39 AM

A democratic buddy just spent over 1 1/2 hours in line to vote in Parker County. Sounds like there was one line for both parties.

The wife and I voted last week.
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 10:59 AM

Man...the older I get and the crazier this all gets, it's becoming more difficult having a Democrat buddy. Also important to note how as little as 10 years ago, that it really didn't even matter which way that buddy voted. That's changed for me.
Posted By: Mr. 806

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 12:35 PM

Same here in Kerr County....Republican side packed, 'Rat side a ghost town.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Stub

[Linked Image]

Dallas County. I’m sorry for your burden.

Yep Dallas County has a lot of fricking idiots, but there is also a lot of good folks here too.
Have had several elderly people, 60 or above including women walk by our house and comment how they like our flags and voter sign.

No wind that day, bottom flag is "Trump 2024 Take America Back" flag

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 08:50 PM

Just look at last night’s voting #’s. Like 3-1 R’s overD’s throughout the country. Very little enthusiasm on the left.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Just look at last night’s voting #’s. Like 3-1 R’s overD’s throughout the country. Very little enthusiasm on the left.

Is it enthusiasm or they only have an incumbent to vote for at the top of the ticket?
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

Is it enthusiasm or they only have an incumbent to vote for at the top of the ticket?

Agree, the enthusiasm on the left will come out in droves for the general election. Just wait.

I had no enthusiasm for the primary period. As I said above, it matters not who is running against Biden, the vote for me will be red ticket and that is even if an ape or a rock was on the ballot. Anything is better than the dementia we have right now.

I fear the left is saving money due to no one else to run against while the right just spends money fighting each other. They will spend big time in the general and will push the state even more purple than last time. And trust me when I say this, there is a very large contingent of trump haters out there in the middle. The bigger question is whom do they hate worse, trump or Biden? That answer will decide the state. The election will not be decided by votes, sadly.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 10:38 PM

Abortion is the prime motivator for the Libs. We need a reasonable and rock solid party stance.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 11:50 PM

Very little enthusiasm on the left.

Not needed when they can cheat.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/06/24 11:51 PM

Abortion is the prime motivator for the Libs. We need a reasonable and rock solid party stance.

We need to offer Common Sense Abortion Control.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/07/24 12:32 AM

The Republican Party is [censored] up. These bastards are politicians and will say or do whatever is necessary to remain in a position where they can further enrich themselves and have power over you. Very few actually believe in the cause or the Constitution.

We are too comfortable and ignorant, and the cost of that will be on our Kids, Grandkids, Great Grandkids.

We are literally losing our Country right now and don't GAF.

Prison gates are being opened so these countries can relieve themselves of their stressed financial obligations and laugh the whole time while they come into Our Country freely, with welcoming arms.

We best wake up.

This ain't conspiracy son. It's happeneing.

Don't believe it? Bring your comfortable [censored] to the border. Talk with BP.

Posted By: NDN98

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/07/24 01:00 PM

Interesting that some counties split the primary into a republican side and democratic side. The last 2 counties I have lived in just have one line and they ask you which primary you wish to vote in.

I early vote every election and never have to wait in lines, but find it interesting, nonetheless.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/07/24 06:09 PM

I was doing some work in Knox County on Tuesday, overheard a deputy clerk mention they have 9 registered democrats in the entire County.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/07/24 07:19 PM

The wife and I voted at 5:30 PM. We vote at the cowboy church. No line. Maybe 1/2 dozen others voting. I knew all 3 of the people working the Republican desk. All were voting in the Republican primary. Democrat side of the room was empty except three little old ladies at the table. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just country folks coming to town to vote.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/07/24 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tbar
Also Dallas County.

I’m standing there making my selections and a poll worker pushes an elderly woman in a wheel chair to the machine next to me. The poll worker then snatches a voter reference sheet from the woman telling her she can’t have that here but it’s ok if she leaves and writes the names down. I about lost it. I standing there with my cheat sheet and if the woman tried to grab it from me there was going to be a scene. I felt real bad for the elderly lady. She was in shock over the incident.

That should have been reported immediately. The poll worker's action was illegal.
Posted By: Rounder

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/08/24 01:39 AM

I am VERY conservative. Abortion is the third rail in politics these days. Leave Roe V Wade in place and use a different use of the term. Row v Wade and seal our damn border. Although I am not keen on abortion. You can pay once or for !8 or years more taxpayer. I cannot stand one issue voters.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Primary voting observations - 03/08/24 04:35 PM

Leave Roe v. Wade in place? Just how informed are you???
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum