Texas Hunting Forum

Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before?

Posted By: Stub

Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/04/24 02:31 PM

hammer

Found something you did not realize you had lost or misplaced?

2 or 3 weeks ago I checked my wife's oil in her car in low light in the morning.

This morning I started her car as usual and noticed a whole lot of Live Oak leaves all around her windshield wipers, tried cleaning them all off with the hood shut, not good enough.
Open the hood and get after it, still a lot of leaves stuck under the windshield wipers, start the car turn on the wipers and cut the engine off with the wipers up, now were talking.

Clean all of the leaves out, about to shut the hood when I noticed the flashlight next to the hood latch? Obviously left it there from 2-3 weeks ago when checking the oil.
Obviously all of the driving vibrated the top off, shocked it was still there. I moved the flashlight before I took this picture and replaced it back close to its original position where I found it.

[Linked Image]

Still works up

[Linked Image]

Posted By: dkershen

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/04/24 03:28 PM

I usually find my magnetic flash light stuck to the inside of the hood where I last used it. Maybe I should just leave it there and call it an accessory.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/04/24 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
I usually find my magnetic flash light stuck to the inside of the hood where I last used it. Maybe I should just leave it there and call it an accessory.

old man flashlights roflmao grin
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 02:20 AM

Lol…..

Unfortunately, yes…..

It’s like Christmas morning when you find a tool you’ve lost.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 02:28 AM

Wow....!!! I'm surprised it didn't fall out.

I once found a long lost set of keys in the battery tray once. They had been missing for 2 or 3 years.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
Lol…..

Unfortunately, yes…..

It’s like Christmas morning when you find a tool you’ve lost.

Almost like finding money in a coat pocket you haven’t worn in a while
Posted By: 8th1

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tbar
Wow....!!! I'm surprised it didn't fall out.

I once found a long lost set of keys in the battery tray once. They had been missing for 2 or 3 years.

Lol, we found my sons pocket knife in the battery tray of his truck. He had already bought another one.
Then there are the things that fall into the engine bay, never to be found bang
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 12:36 PM

🤠
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 12:50 PM

up
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 01:53 PM

Lost a 10mm socket working on my truck at my son's house in Dallas (it was his socket). Drove back to Oklahoma and 2 weeks later pulled truck in driveway to wash and found it laying next to the truck on the passenger side. confused2
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 02:12 PM

I had a 18" piece of round tubing I used to adjust my equalizer hitch on my camper that I lost on a camping trip. Couple of years later, I was under my truck, trying to figure out why my flatbed trailer lights wouldn`t work. I was tracing the wiring behind the bumper of my truck and saw my lost tubing. I must have laid it on my bumper, and it rolled behind it and laid there waiting patiently for me to find it a couple of years later.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 02:15 PM

Ive been looking for my ear buds for about 2 weeks. Sat them down in my shop somewhere.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 02:51 PM

Yesterday I found a screw driver I lost 3 months ago at a customers house.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 02:59 PM

I had my driver's license disappear for roughly two years before it suddenly appeared in our dryer. The wife and I joked the dryer must have a worm hole. All I could figure was that it got stuck under one of the tumblers and finally worked its way out.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 03:08 PM

Found that same model of light just past the RR tracks in Goldthwaite one afternoon. Free to me and works great!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 03:27 PM

This stuff is fun when you're old. we are easily entertained. smile ani
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/05/24 11:41 PM

I have a cabinet with a keyed lock. I found the spare key in the freezer section of a manual defrost dorm refrigerator. I defrost every spring, just had noticed it was there.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/06/24 02:14 AM

I lost a watch one year after killing a deer. I looked all over and never could find it. I counted it as lost in the woods
The next deer season when I put my jacket on for the first time, I found my watch in the pocket.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/06/24 11:50 AM

This is an everyday occurrence for me. I have world class CRS.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/06/24 11:57 AM

My grandfather couldn't get lost. Had an excellent memory and sense of direction. He, my dad, and I went on a deer hunt at a friend's place and while there he lost his Zippo. We were back there again a good 4 years later. Grand dad got out of the truck, walked over to a tall tree, and picked up his lighter.

Oh, and on a side note, I've found the easiest way to find something you thought you'd lost is to buy a new one.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/06/24 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
My grandfather couldn't get lost. Had an excellent memory and sense of direction. He, my dad, and I went on a deer hunt at a friend's place and while there he lost his Zippo. We were back there again a good 4 years later. Grand dad got out of the truck, walked over to a tall tree, and picked up his lighter.

Oh, and on a side note, I've found the easiest way to find something you thought you'd lost is to buy a new one.

That's why I have so many pocket knives!
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Look What I Found.. Has this happened to you before? - 03/06/24 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by retfuz
Originally Posted by Slow Drifter

That's why I have so many pocket knives!

I have lost so many knives, I gave up and buy box cutters.

I also do not feel as bad when I go through TSA and have to toss the box cutters in the trash can at the checkpoint.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum