Texas Hunting Forum

Rust Movie Shooting

Posted By: DQ Kid

Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 02:52 PM

1st Assistant Director admits on stand yesterday that he didn't properly inspect gun revolver chamber and ammo loaded prior to Baldwin being handed gun. Apparently this was his and amorer's responsibility. Baldwin will likely not be found guilty especially if armorer did same.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 03:22 PM

🤦🏻‍♂️
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 05:20 PM

As much as I dislike Baldwin.

If precautions are in place, prior to giving him a firearm and those precautions were followed, as far as he knew. He should not be charged with a crime.

If he was using the firearm in a reckless manner or other than it’s intended purpose, a different story.
Posted By: Mr. 806

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 05:34 PM

HollyWeird is made up of self entitled clueless morons.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 05:37 PM

He shot it when he was screwing around between takes
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 05:39 PM

He's one of the producers so he's responsible for safety meetings failing to take place and ignored complaints about safety concerns as well as overall safety on the set. Employees brought live ammo on the set of a western, used the guns from the set to go shoot live ammo in the evenings all while employees were smoking weed. That's not what a responsible supervisor allows. He didn't do what ultimately was his responsibility and now someone is dead.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
He's one of the producers so he's responsible for safety meetings failing to take place and ignored complaints about safety concerns as well as overall safety on the set. Employees brought live ammo on the set of a western, used the guns from the set to go shoot live ammo in the evenings all while employees were smoking weed. That's not what a responsible supervisor allows. He didn't do what ultimately was his responsibility and now someone is dead.

x2
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

x2

x3
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 06:18 PM

manslaughter

probation
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 06:20 PM

He was the producer, and the guy with the gun. I would not think blaming the guys in the middle would fly. But I do not trust big money, lawyers, and judges.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

x2

x3

Yup!

There should have not been any live ammo on the set.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 06:34 PM

first rule I was taught at the ripe old age of 5 was that every gun is loaded no matter what, treat them that way always.

if falls on the end user to check to see that things are like they should be, the fact that live ammo had been used should have put him on extra alert for double checking.

after his bs claim he did not fire the weapon I hope he gets yrs. in prison.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 07:05 PM

Pass on the blame, sounds very familiar with others in charge.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 08:55 PM

I read producers tend to use working firearms and live ammo to film realistic action scenes on empty sets. The use the same firearm empty or with blanks to film populated scenes, in post production, editing the scenes together.

Based on an internet search for prop single actions, it seems prop single actions and stage blanks are more expensive than production firearms a commercial blanks.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
first rule I was taught at the ripe old age of 5 was that every gun is loaded no matter what, treat them that way always.

I can see it now.....all the actors on set treating every gun like it was loaded on Saving Private Ryan. Would be like watching Mr Rogers neighborhood.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 11:00 PM

The gun was in his hand. He is responsible for knowing what it’s loaded with.

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/01/24 11:28 PM

On a set or in training a firearm is not to be manipulated in any way by the user so he’s actually not supposed to check it after it was provided. He was responsible for making sure a trained responsible person was in place to prevent anything like this from happening. She tried to ditch her cocaine when the investigators arrived so that’s very telling about what was going on there.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/02/24 01:06 AM

That might be how Hollywood does it, but I’m not pointing a real gun at anyone without verifying myself.

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/02/24 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
That might be how Hollywood does it, but I’m not pointing a real gun at anyone without verifying myself.

That's how every law enforcement agency does it too. If anyone manipulates an action, the whole safety procedure is repeated.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/02/24 01:25 AM

Don't point it at anyone. The rest is irrelevant.

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/02/24 03:20 AM

That wouldn’t make for much of a movie. Proper safety procedures are used all the time without any problems. This one was a recipe for disaster. People high, playing with real ammunition and Baldwin having the overall responsibility for the production.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Rust Movie Shooting - 03/02/24 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
1st Assistant Director admits on stand yesterday that he didn't properly inspect gun revolver chamber and ammo loaded prior to Baldwin being handed gun. Apparently this was his and amorer's responsibility. Baldwin will likely not be found guilty especially if armorer did same.

Said from the beginning he was going to walk, the condition of that pistol was the sole responsibility of the armorer. Once the armorer declares it cold, nobody should touch that weapon except the actor. If the actor has questions about the safety of the pistol them bring the armorer back in and let them show and explain. The movie industry is a strange world with even stranger rules.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum