Texas Hunting Forum

Prosperity Bank-opinions?

Posted By: freerange

Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/24/24 06:31 PM

Im considering changing over to Prosperity Bank and wondering if any of yall have an opinion.
Im completely happy with the bank Ive had for decades but my personal banker Ive had for 20 years left for a big promotion at Prosperity. I dont do much banking business anymore but I really like having someone I have a relationship with at my bank.
Pretty sure Im gonna make the move unless yall talk me out of it.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/24/24 06:34 PM

Ever since I read Chads comments about PNC I’ve been thinking of leaving them for someone who won’t snoop around my spending habits. Looking forward to the responses here.
Posted By: jimbob

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/24/24 06:45 PM

Used em for years and im happy. Reimbursed for all atm fees anywhere
Posted By: Old_Town

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/24/24 07:55 PM

I use the Prosperity Bank in Brownwood it is the best banking experience I've ever had anywhere.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 12:19 AM

Open an account and take enough time to see if it will be a good experience. Sometimes bankers move and the policies and procedures of the new bank don't mesh with the banker. If you're happy with the test run then move the rest of your business. I've seen a number of bankers make a move and within a few months they see it's not a good match and they move again or go back to their old employer. It's always good to have that personal relationship.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 12:57 AM

Prosperity bought our local small town bank that has been here since the 1800’s. I have no complaints. I also bank at our local First State Bank with good results.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by jimbob

Can you show me where ATM Fees are reimbursed

I only see they charge $3 if you use other ATMS not theirs

" A $3.00 Other considerations. A $3.00 ATM transaction fee (per transaction) will be assessed if you use a non-Prosperity Bank ATM."

I only know of Charles Schwabb that rebate any ATM worldwide
Posted By: kry226

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by jimbob

Can you show me where ATM Fees are reimbursed

I only see they charge $3 if you use other ATMS not theirs

" A $3.00 Other considerations. A $3.00 ATM transaction fee (per transaction) will be assessed if you use a non-Prosperity Bank ATM."

I only know of Charles Schwabb that rebate any ATM worldwide

USAA reimburses for ATM fees as well.
Posted By: jmac24

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 02:04 PM

Most of the local community banks will reimburse all ATM fees since they probably have a limited ATM network of their own.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 03:11 PM

I use Prosperity bank. No complaints. They will even send me a text when a suspicious debit card is used. Most of the time it is me that is using it. If you travel a lot especially out of state, call the bank first and let them know. If you don’t, they will more than likely shut your card down.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 06:35 PM

Happy to hear all the good comments.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 06:45 PM

We have personal and business accounts with them and I have zero complaints..
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 02/25/24 07:01 PM

I’ve been using prosperity bank for years, I’m satisfied, plus wherever you go there’s a good chance there’s a prosperity bank there.
Posted By: sirumaldy

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 03/20/24 10:34 PM

I've been using that bank for some time and have nothing bad to say about it. I have only had a positive experience, and from this thread, I can see that I am satisfied. But the industry is changing, and who knows, maybe soon there will be something even better. I'm quite interested in technology, the banking sphere, and so on, and I can say that there will definitely be changes in the future. I was looking for some info about banking software and came across one blog which provided me with some interesting info about banking software development companies, and there are quite a number of them. Each has some cases, which means that such software is very popular, and more and more banks have started using modern technologies. And I think it's a good thing because the concurrency is high, and each bank tries to improve customer experience.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 03/22/24 02:31 AM

They bought my bank and aside from giving me a new account number I'm fine with them. Had the same account number for 30ish years, took some getting used to. But I've had no trouble out of them.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 03/22/24 02:50 AM

Only been with them for almost 2 years for business account but they are very helpful. My wife and I are talking about changing to them for our personal checking too.
Posted By: bassguitarman

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 03/23/24 02:10 AM

Like others here, Prosperity bought out a local bank where I did my business banking, and some of my personal banking. I can't complain about either, and they have been even better than the previous owner in handling RRC bonds for me.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Prosperity Bank-opinions? - 03/23/24 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by jmac24
Most of the local community banks will reimburse all ATM fees since they probably have a limited ATM network of their own.

Worldwide?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum