Texas Hunting Forum

Federal Income Tax increase

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Federal Income Tax increase - 02/10/24 07:31 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see this to fund everyone's wars.
Posted By: Grit

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/10/24 08:27 PM

.... which lines pockets.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/10/24 08:47 PM

Seeing as how there is ZERO correlation between revenue and spending by the federal government why do they even worry about how much money is coming in? We can always print or borrow more money.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/10/24 10:19 PM

They can’t spend like drunken sailors without us having to pay for it. Amazing people think the two don’t go hand in hand…they spend our money, the government doesn’t have any of their own money.

Not sure of you’ve noticed or not but this is a direct tie to inflation. rolleyes
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/11/24 02:26 AM

Build Back and Build Back Better have been scams that lined politicians pockets while devaluing the dollar. Inflation is directly tied to spending more than comes in
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/11/24 02:54 AM

The point that I was trying to make is that Revenue could go to zero and the government would still keep spending more money every year until we could no longer borrow any money.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/11/24 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by blkt2
The point that I was trying to make is that Revenue could go to zero and the government would still keep spending more money every year until we could no longer borrow any money.

You are right, they are kicking the can down the road. But make no mistake the American taxpayer is going to take it in the shorts. VAT coming to you very soon annd I predict it to start at 8% on top of the BS we already pay
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/12/24 12:32 PM

Biden has millions of new voters to enrich with your tax dollars. Give all you can.
Posted By: Mr. 806

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/12/24 12:40 PM

FJB
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/12/24 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by blkt2

We are essentially there already.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/13/24 03:07 PM

They will never relinquish their power at this point, this is heading to one and only one ending and the train is picking up speed.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/13/24 04:31 PM

I don't see a way out from where we are at now. Either let our grandchildren live under ultimate govt rule or fight.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Federal Income Tax increase - 02/13/24 07:01 PM

The Trump tax cuts which were passed in 2017 are currently set to expire after 2025, meaning taxes for year 2026 will revert to what they were previously.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-era-tax-cuts-expiring-175805694.html

The Republicans had to set them to expire in order to get them passed without Democrat votes due to specific budget rules in congress. The expectation was that they would be so popular they'd eventually be made permanent. THat could still happen, but given present day budget overruns they may not be extended. Stay tuned.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum