Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 01:22 AM

I agree
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 01:57 AM

cheers
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 02:02 AM

I watch that movie all the time. It’s one of my favorites, and I think it’s one of the best movies ever made. I’d put it in the top ten.

I can find weak points, especially in the acting department, in most of my favorite movies. Not this one. The acting was top notch, all the way around.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 02:08 AM

I do like his revolver. up
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I watch that movie all the time. It’s one of my favorites, and I think it’s one of the best movies ever made. I’d put it in the top ten.

I can find weak points, especially in the acting department, in most of my favorite movies. Not this one. The acting was top notch, all the way around.

I agree with everything you wrote, the film doesent have one hole in it
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 02:32 AM

The movie was inspired by a comic book genera rather than historical events. I do like it though.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
The movie was inspired by a comic book genera rather than historical events. I do like it though.

That’s interesting. I never suspected it was specifically based on any historical events, but I had no idea it had anything to do with comic books.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 03:09 AM

I believe they prefer the term "graphic novel" these days. grin
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 03:18 AM

I think you have this Fury mixed up with a comic book Fury.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 04:18 AM

Just like saving private Ryan, hated the ending
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 04:37 AM

I watched it for the first time tonight.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Paluxy

Not intended as anything negative but it was inspired by these post WW2 Americana comic books/graphic novels. Those stories were inspired by true events.

Huge WW2 buff and have spent a lot of time in Europe the past 30 years during trips following WW2 history.

Fury with Brad is sort of like the movie Allied with Brad.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 04:53 AM

Watched it years ago, just watched it again.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Paluxy

Not intended as anything negative but it was inspired by these post WW2 Americana comic books/graphic novels. Those stories were inspired by true events.

Huge WW2 buff and have spent a lot of time in Europe the past 30 years during trips following WW2 history.

Fury with Brad is sort of like the movie Allied with Brad.

No comic book was mentioned, though it was based on some real life Characters. “War Daddy” was a real soldier in a tank. Was from Texas as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury_(2014_film)
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

"Saving Private Ryan" came out when I was 18 years old. A childhood friend and I saw it in the movie theater in McKinney. It was such a profound movie that it literally changed my life. I was naive kid before I saw it.

I think "Fury" is honorable to "Saving Private Ryan". War is hell, and both movies depict it quite well, in my opinion.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 03:00 PM

What's wrong with the ending of SPR?

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

People die
Posted By: freerange

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 03:13 PM

I thought it was about a horse. Y’all are too young.
Posted By: Western

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 03:16 PM

Liked the movie. Saw where a German graded his "German" and he was claimed to done well.

Only scene I didn't like, was when the squad met in the woman and girls apt and those guy's acted like jerks, I can't see a squad tested as brothers in battle, disrespecting the commander in that manner, I found that a bit melodramatic
Posted By: RayB

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 04:07 PM

Not to be picky but they call Pitt top, that's a nick name for a first sergeant, he's wearing staff sergeant stripes, other than that great movie. The handling the SS trooper was just as it should have been.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 04:09 PM

Check out Enemy at the Gates
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by unclebubba

People die

Well, I think that is historically correct.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by RayB
Not to be picky but they call Pitt top, that's a nick name for a first sergeant, he's wearing staff sergeant stripes, other than that great movie. The handling the SS trooper was just as it should have been.

Yeah, generally speaking it is used for 1stSgt, if he was the top enlisted man left in his company then the informal nickname top would apply to him.
Posted By: 7six2

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 05:15 PM

I love WW2 movies but Brad Pitt ruined this one. Not a popular opinion but I think He's a terrible actor. One of the worst. He always seems so fake...like hes trying way to hard to speak a certain way or act a certain way.
Posted By: BA223

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
I thought it was about a horse. Y’all are too young.

Me too! Ha…
Posted By: Chubbyfarts

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 06:16 PM

Dang good movie and great on surround sound...
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 68A

Yeah, generally speaking it is used for 1stSgt, if he was the top enlisted man left in his company then the informal nickname top would apply to him.

Correct. Also, in WW2 ranks and assignments didn't always line up. My FIL was in the 36th Infantry. He was a SSGT but also became 1st SGT of his company after a while.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 7six2
I love WW2 movies but Brad Pitt ruined this one. Not a popular opinion but I think He's a terrible actor. One of the worst. He always seems so fake...like hes trying way to hard to speak a certain way or act a certain way.

wtf

Do what?

Ever seen "Snatch", where he plays a Pikey. A very odd, Irish accent and he nails it. You can barely understand him, which is the point.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 68A

Thank you for sharing.

I'm a suckered for learning military history as well as the way things are done.
Posted By: Chubbyfarts

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.

wtf

Do what?

Ever seen "Snatch", where he plays a Pikey. A very odd, Irish accent and he nails it. You can barely understand him, which is the point.

It's been awhile but I've seen Snatch
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 07:52 PM

roflmao

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chubbyfarts

wtf

Do what?

Capitalization kept that from being funny….
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 08:25 PM

Another aging baby boomer fooled. I was thinking of this series on Saturday mornings after the first slug of cartoons, along with Sky King.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047734/
Posted By: kry226

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by der Teufel
Originally Posted by 68A

Correct. Also, in WW2 ranks and assignments didn't always line up. My FIL was in the 36th Infantry. He was a SSGT but also became 1st SGT of his company after a while.

If Pitt was the acting 1SG, not sure he would be manning a tank (but it may have happened in WW2). Generally the 1SG's job in combat is "beans and bullets," by running LOGPAC for the company.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nolanco
Another aging baby boomer fooled. I was thinking of this series on Saturday mornings after the first slug of cartoons, along with Sky King.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047734/

Saturday mornings were the best.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 08:53 PM

wtf

Do what?

They should play them back to back and call it the Fury Snatch special.

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

wtf

Do what?

Must.....refrain.........
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by Chubbyfarts

wtf

Do what?

Capitalization kept that from being funny….

roflmao
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 10:44 PM

Im not taking on an SS battalion in a disabled Sherman. Even if it does have the newer 76mm main gun. It would have been flanked and destroyed in a matter of minutes and the Germans would have been on their way. WWII armor depended on infantry to protect it from enemy infantry. Loved the movie though, especially the tank battle scenes. Best job I ever had.
Posted By: BA223

Re: Fury - 02/03/24 11:16 PM

Pretty good show.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Fury - 02/04/24 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by kry226
Originally Posted by der Teufel
Originally Posted by 68A

If Pitt was the acting 1SG, not sure he would be manning a tank (but it may have happened in WW2). Generally the 1SG's job in combat is "beans and bullets," by running LOGPAC for the company.

Gen Roosevelt was in the first wave to land on Normandy. The army as you and I know it, is undoubtedly much different from back then. Those men did what was needed no matter rank. Not to debate or argue, but I’d bet many many 1sg did what they had to do, including commanding a tank, holding the line, firing mortars, etc
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Fury - 02/04/24 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

wtf

Do what?

Must.....refrain.........

I'm proud of you
roflmao
Posted By: Stub

Re: Fury - 02/04/24 12:40 AM

Saw it quite a few years back, good movie nothing to get excited about.

Re: Fury - 02/04/24 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
Im not taking on an SS battalion in a disabled Sherman. Even if it does have the newer 76mm main gun. It would have been flanked and destroyed in a matter of minutes and the Germans would have been on their way. WWII armor depended on infantry to protect it from enemy infantry. Loved the movie though, especially the tank battle scenes. Best job I ever had.

We're you a Tanker?

Re: Fury - 02/04/24 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Stub

Yeah, well, I get excited about it, anyway.

Re: Fury - 02/04/24 11:44 AM

Yeah well you probably get excited banana with Brad Pitt anything laugh

^^^^
Messing with ya on the above.

I like Brad Pitt as an actor, not great but good. Legends of the Fall was/is one of my favorite movies, enjoyed Troy, Money Ball, Mr & Mrs Smith probably because of Angelina.
I though he was goofy as the general in War Machine
Posted By: kry226

Re: Fury - 02/04/24 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 68A
Originally Posted by kry226

Gen Roosevelt was in the first wave to land on Normandy. The army as you and I know it, is undoubtedly much different from back then. Those men did what was needed no matter rank. Not to debate or argue, but I’d bet many many 1sg did what they had to do, including commanding a tank, holding the line, firing mortars, etc

Agreed. I don't think that what you and I are saying are in conflict.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Fury - 02/05/24 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

We're you a Tanker?

No, but I do understand military history.

Re: Fury - 02/05/24 05:43 PM

Yeah well you probably get excited banana with Brad Pitt anything laugh

^^^^
Messing with ya on the above.

I like Brad Pitt as an actor, not great but good. Legends of the Fall was/is one of my favorite movies, enjoyed Troy, Money Ball, Mr & Mrs Smith probably because of Angelina.
I though he was goofy as the general in War Machine

Just watched Fury again to make sure my memory served me correctly? After further review, it was a very good movie and Brad nailed his part up
I still think he was goofy as the general in War Machine although that may have been the mannerism and personality of who he was playing confused2

Re: Fury - 02/06/24 05:15 AM

Stub, you know I love you, but I sure wish you would stop abusing question marks.

Re: Fury - 02/06/24 11:31 AM

Stub, you know I love you, but I sure wish you would stop abusing question marks.

I am notorious for my un-intentional abuse of the English language, there were times I thought Creek was going to send me to Time Out for it. laugh
Appreciate the love, back at ya sir!

BTW glad you poked me on the movie Fury, it was worth watching again!
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Fury - 02/07/24 02:34 AM

I think Brad Pitt is a very good actor. Have you seen him in Inglorious Basterds? Also, a good WW2 movie.

Re: Fury - 02/07/24 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Wilhunt
I think Brad Pitt is a very good actor. Have you seen him in Inglorious Basterds? Also, a good WW2 movie.

I think he did Fury as an apology for being in Inglorious Bastards....

Re: Fury - 02/07/24 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Wilhunt

I think he did Fury as an apology for being in Inglorious Bastards....

It’s a Tarantino dark comedy.

Re: Fury - 02/09/24 12:15 AM

There’s an old story of a German POW bragging to everyone that Panzers were so much better than Sherman tanks that one Panzer could fight off four Sherman tanks.

Eventually, one of the guards asked, “if each Panzer is worth four Sherman tanks, how come you are in an American POW camp instead of me being in a German camp?”

The reply came at once: “Because everywhere I turned, there were five of the damn things!”

Re: Fury - 02/09/24 12:24 AM

There’s an old story of a German POW bragging to everyone that Panzers were so much better than Sherman tanks that one Panzer could fight off four Sherman tanks.

Eventually, one of the guards asked, “if each Panzer is worth four Sherman tanks, how come you are in an American POW camp instead of me being in a German camp?”

The reply came at once: “Because everywhere I turned, there were five of the damn things!”

Pretty sure Travis and Crockett said something similar.

Re: Fury - 02/09/24 12:32 AM

"Are we pouring concrete today?" rofl

Re: Fury - 02/09/24 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

"Are we pouring concrete today?" rofl

LMAO

Re: Fury - 02/09/24 12:52 AM

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum