Texas Hunting Forum

Weed Defense

Posted By: dkershen

Weed Defense - 01/30/24 03:54 PM

So she stabs her boyfriend 108 times and get's off because she'd smoked pot beforehand? Set's a horrible precedent. Now every murder defendant can just say they chowed too many edibles.. wasn’t there fault. Only in California. hammer

https://www.insideedition.com/media...r-stabbing-boyfriend-108-times-85746?amp

A California woman received no jail time in the stabbing death of her boyfriend. Bryn Spejcher stabbed her boyfriend, Chad O'Melia, 108 times across his body. A jury found her guilty of involuntary manslaughter. The judge ruled that she committed the crime after smoking highly potent marijuana and was in the throes of marijuana-induced psychosis. She received two years of probation and community service, outraging the victim’s father.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 03:58 PM

Hmmm...do I seem to remember one argument for legalization of pot is that nobody ever gets stoned and then gets violent? Or something of that effect?
Posted By: cleatas

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 03:58 PM

dang i was thinking this was gonna be about pre-emergent and crabgrass/clover riddance.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 04:24 PM

I've partaken for over 54 years and not one time have I ever met anybody suffering from a marijuana-induced psychosis.

Think she's related to or sleeping with that judge.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 04:30 PM

it's not the weed.

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
I've partaken for over 54 years and not one time have I ever met anybody suffering from a marijuana-induced psychosis.

Think she's related to or sleeping with that judge.

She is hot. In a psychotic killer kinda way. Doubt that had anything to do with the lenient ruling. whistle
Posted By: Western

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 04:52 PM

I don't see it any different that a drunk killing someone, they would be charged. It is voluntary to use a substance so....They should disbar this judge and put them around this murderer

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 04:54 PM

BTW, read a new study the other day about the psychosis phenom, appears it is more common in people already with mental issues.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by cleatas
dang i was thinking this was gonna be about pre-emergent and crabgrass/clover riddance.

I did too! roflmao

Crazy seeing how lenient the "justice" system is becoming on clear crimes.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 05:04 PM

I dunno, she stabbed herself 43 times in the face and neck after the cops arrived. That's some serious commitment if you aren't under a psychosis. Also stabbed her dog.

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 05:05 PM

Here is one from last year, most "partakers" wont read the studys, but here it is anyway

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...-link-between-cannabis-use-and-psychosis
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Hmmm...do I seem to remember one argument for legalization of pot is that nobody ever gets stoned and then gets violent? Or something of that effect?

She didn't get violent because she was high. She is simply a violent nut at her core.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 05:34 PM

I had an ex girlfriend pull a knife on me once. I said "Aw thank you, you're making me a sandwich?"

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
I had an ex girlfriend pull a knife on me once. I said "Aw thank you, you're making me a sandwich?"

roflmao This comes as no surprise what-so-ever roflmao
Posted By: Judd

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 06:11 PM

rofl

I too thought this was going to be about your yard roflmao
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 06:17 PM

Hmm. Survey :
tis my texting do ta :

1) D- in grammer

2)
[Linked Image]

confused2 i plead the -
[Linked Image]
bolt

flag
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 06:17 PM

Marijuana Psychosis is becoming more prevalent due to the bioengineered high THC strains that have become common these days. Weed isn't the same weed that it was years ago.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Marijuana Psychosis is becoming more prevalent due to the bioengineered high THC strains that have become common these days. Weed isn't the same weed that it was years ago.

this ^^^

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

this ^^^

it's not bioengineered. It's cross breeding. nothing fancy. yes, it's stronger, but no, if you stab someone108 times, it's not the weed, it's you.

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

this ^^^

it's not bioengineered. It's cross breeding. nothing fancy. yes, it's stronger, but no, if you stab someone108 times, it's not the weed, it's you.

Bob -google cannabis bioengineering. its on going and current. Lots of bio-engineering/gene modification going on, specifically for more efficient production of cannabinoids

Our own TX A&M is doing it in the opposite direction, Instead of turning it up, they are turning it down for hemp production

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 07:10 PM

I don't see hemp taking off. I've been hearing this for decades and still all they do is talk.

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 07:18 PM

I don't see hemp taking off. I've been hearing this for decades and still all they do is talk.

Regardless The level of THC is rising do to gene modification. you know better then anyone increase efficiency of production per acre is only way to survive in ag, regardless what you farm.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
I dunno, she stabbed herself 43 times in the face and neck after the cops arrived. That's some serious commitment if you aren't under a psychosis. Also stabbed her dog.

LEO’s should have stood back and told her to go on and finish.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 07:24 PM

Something has to be done about all this white on white crime.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by unclebubba

She didn't get violent because she was high. She is simply a violent nut at her core.

She'd be an interesting date.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 07:28 PM

Schrute Farms has been at the forefront of hemp production since the early to mid 2000's.

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 09:02 PM

this ^^^

Yes it’s bioengineered. You can learn about it here….

https://cannavigia.com/cannabis-bioengineering
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 11:29 PM

I thought I was going to learn about yard maintenance...

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 11:39 PM

this ^^^

Yes it’s bioengineered. You can learn about it here….

https://cannavigia.com/cannabis-bioengineering

I digress.
Posted By: Concho

Re: Weed Defense - 01/30/24 11:43 PM

it's not the weed.

Not unless the weed was laced with something, the potheads I have known didn't have the energy to do much more than play video games from their couch...LOL

Re: Weed Defense - 01/31/24 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Concho
it's not the weed.

Not unless the weed was laced with something, the potheads I have known didn't have the energy to do much more than play video games from their couch...LOL

Fent is a thing. Its everywhere.

Re: Weed Defense - 01/31/24 02:16 AM

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...creasingly-linked-to-addiction-psychosis
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Weed Defense - 01/31/24 06:23 PM

Beer was a part of my life for many years.Hard liquor not so much. Then, for some reason I quit drinking it. I still have it in my refrigerator at home and my rural property. Have liquor both places. Been several years without any and it’s still in my refrigerator.

So were cigarettes. We’re talking about around 60+ years of a pack per day. I’m now 81 yoa and usually walk a mile per day. Sometimes twice per day. I quit smoking many times but always went back. Then about 5 years ago I decided to quit smoking and had virtually no side effects, cravings, of any kind. I’m still off of them with no desire and don’t see me going back.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Weed Defense - 01/31/24 07:42 PM

...and so many people in our country believe it's a harmless habit.

Sadly!

...-------
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Weed Defense - 01/31/24 08:04 PM

Some ignorant people here blaming anything but the substance. Marijuana induced psychosis is a real thing and has been reported in many places (and multiple times on this forum by me) and any hospital or urgent care in a recreational state will say the same. I think i reported on here the Colorado health system had reported an increase of emergency visits around 400% (thats 4x just so we are talking the same numbers) and the majority of that was pot induced and many were psychotic breaks from people taking edibles and other recreational forms of marijuana.

To act like marijuana can not create a psychosis is like saying alcohol can not cause death. It can, it does, and just because you haven’t experienced it doesnt mean it isnt a real thing. If you dont believe me, do some research on the topic.

Having said all that, this is a completely bad ruling by the judge. However, we see plenty of people who kill while driving drunk get off without jail time. It is all about who you know and who knows you in The legal system. Corrupt as the govt.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Weed Defense - 02/01/24 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by dkershen

roflmao This comes as no surprise what-so-ever roflmao

He’s lucky she didn’t gut him like a fish…. roflmao
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Weed Defense - 02/01/24 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by cleatas

Me too.

rofl

Re: Weed Defense - 02/01/24 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Some ignorant people here blaming anything but the substance. Marijuana induced psychosis is a real thing and has been reported in many places (and multiple times on this forum by me) and any hospital or urgent care in a recreational state will say the same. I think i reported on here the Colorado health system had reported an increase of emergency visits around 400% (thats 4x just so we are talking the same numbers) and the majority of that was pot induced and many were psychotic breaks from people taking edibles and other recreational forms of marijuana.

To act like marijuana can not create a psychosis is like saying alcohol can not cause death. It can, it does, and just because you haven’t experienced it doesnt mean it isnt a real thing. If you dont believe me, do some research on the topic.

Having said all that, this is a completely bad ruling by the judge. However, we see plenty of people who kill while driving drunk get off without jail time. It is all about who you know and who knows you in The legal system. Corrupt as the govt.

Unfortunately, Texas has pretty much the same thing written into the Penal Code:

Sec. 8.04. INTOXICATION. (a) Voluntary intoxication does not constitute a defense to the commission of crime.

(b) Evidence of temporary insanity caused by intoxication may be introduced by the actor in mitigation of the penalty attached to the offense for which he is being tried.

(c) When temporary insanity is relied upon as a defense and the evidence tends to show that such insanity was caused by intoxication, the court shall charge the jury in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(d) For purposes of this section "intoxication" means disturbance of mental or physical capacity resulting from the introduction of any substance into the body.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Weed Defense - 02/01/24 07:52 PM

She’s the one that got high. How is she not responsible for it?
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Weed Defense - 02/01/24 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
She’s the one that got high. How is she not responsible for it?

Because California. bang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum