Texas Hunting Forum

What would you do?

Posted By: Biscuit

What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:05 PM

The red Colorado is mine , this is a parking garage in downtown Fort Worth. How would you react to this situation? I’ll tell you how I reacted in a bit …

[Linked Image]
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:07 PM

Wait 2 hours until the dumbphuck came back to his car?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:10 PM

I guess I would get in the othe side of the car and drive off
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:11 PM

There is a Facebook group called "You park like and A$$hole" it would make a great picture on there.
Posted By: Judd

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:15 PM

What I'd want to do and what I would do would be two completely different things wink
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:15 PM

Back out carefully and discreetly scratch the other side, lol?
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:18 PM

Thats why you carry a valve stem remover in your glovebox.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Petty revenge at its best. I like it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:24 PM

with a note

'Dear Vehicle Owner,
As you spend the next bit changing this flat tire, please let your mind wander to such topics as 'why did I park/drive like a jackarse', and linger there. Ponder how you might modify your behavior going forward to avoid having to deal with such misfortune again. I wish you luck in your search for wisdom.'
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:24 PM

Hm, so many possibilities ... leave a butt print on the windshield, the valve stem thing mentioned above, there's usually a bit of sand, dirt, mud, etc on my truckbed that could find it's way all over that clean white paint job ... so many ways to get cheap entertainment
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:26 PM

These days, I'd probably just climb through the back seat and carefully drive off without damaging my truck. The old me would have probably wrote something not very nice down the driver side of that car with my key.

However, I do like the valve stem idea better. Not actually causing any damage, but definitely going to put a dent in their day with time lost changing a tire.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:27 PM

Back in my apartment days one of my neighbors parked like an [censored] on the line of his reserved covered spot all the freaking time. I got fed up with it and did this. (Tahoe is mine). My future wife lived with me at the time, so we took her car everywhere and left mine in place until he was forced to go in through the passenger side. It took a few days if I recall correctly. Never had an issue after that. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Concho

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:29 PM

I would carefully back out and get on with my day, You Cannot Fix Stupid, and there really isn't much use trying.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:31 PM

Business cards

[Linked Image]

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:34 PM

I knew I wouldn’t do anything to actually damage their vehicle and get myself in any trouble over their lack of brain activity but I did write a letter and leave it on the windshield .

Dear Person that made me enter my vehicle from the passenger side,

I wish I had a picture of you so I would know what the dumbest MF’er in Fort Worth looks like, but I don’t . I do however have a picture of your parking skills to remind me how close I was to meeting true idiot royalty .

I was mad but I got over it .
Posted By: Concho

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
I knew I wouldn’t do anything to actually damage their vehicle and get myself in any trouble over their lack of brain activity but I did write a letter and leave it on the windshield .

Dear Person that made me enter my vehicle from the passenger side,

I wish I had a picture of you so I would know what the dumbest MF’er in Fort Worth looks like, but I don’t . I do however have a picture of your parking skills to remind me how close I was to meeting true idiot royalty .

I was mad but I got over it .

A person who parks like that is a "Mind over matter" type person, they don't mind because you don't matter to them...you probably wasted you ink and paper.
Posted By: Mr. 806

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:41 PM

Lots of inconsiderate a-holes and lots of stuff I would probably do in my younger days. These days, take a deep breath, climb in the passenger seat, slide over and drive away.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:42 PM

Tink's works well poured down the cowl at the bottom of windshields.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
What I'd want to do and what I would do would be two completely different things wink

X2
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:45 PM

I've learned some things by getting old.
You can't make other people drive the way you want.

Get in the truck and live your life accordingly.
Posted By: TLew

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
There is a Facebook group called "You park like and A$$hole" it would make a great picture on there.

Bet your bicycle has made it a few times
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by TLew

Bet your bicycle has made it a few times

rofl

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

Tink's works well poured down the cowl at the bottom of windshields.

sick
Posted By: 603Country

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 04:07 PM

If the parking space was open on the other side of the Camaro. I’d park in real tight on the driver’s side and leave my vehicle for a while. I’d take photos, just in case, and get the license plate #.

Days like this, you really need some raggedy-a__ pickup that you crowd the side of the Camaro with.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 04:13 PM

A valve stem remover will fit all 4 of the tires valve stems smile ani
Posted By: blkt2

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 04:31 PM

Loosen the drain plug on the oil pan. Cut a radiator lower hose. Cut all 4 tires. Stupid when it gets forced onto other people should be expensive. Had a buddy in the early 90s who had some boat of a 70s Ford car with a 460 in it and he would have pushed a car that parked like that from the side across the parking lot or into a pole.
Posted By: Western

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 04:36 PM

You dam near parked on the inside line yourself, AH making a point and likely got a photo of your LP, (just in cast you have a valve stem tool)

I'd get a photo of his LP and go on with my day, (just in case)

30-40 years ago, I'd probably put a couple tie wraps on their drive shaft.
Posted By: one73maro

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 04:59 PM

Valve stem idea is a good one. I will have to get a tool and keep it in the console.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 05:57 PM

Be real tempted to slice some sidewalls.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:09 PM

I have a FB group called Parking Pricks of America, I recommend blasting them on there as it’s a public group open for everyone to see. Include the license plate and if you feel so inclined, run a public check for the owner of the plate and tag them in the post grin

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by one73maro
Valve stem idea is a good one. I will have to get a tool and keep it in the console.

Put a small pebble in the valve cap and screw it back on. Takes a while to go flat and when they fill it back up they will screw the cap back on. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
I have a FB group called Parking Pricks of America, I recommend blasting them on there as it’s a public group open for everyone to see. Include the license plate and if you feel so inclined, run a public check for the owner of the plate and tag them in the post grin

clap
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:33 PM

5ml syringe needle inserted through the weather stripping between the top of the door and body. Push plunger and dispense pure skunk essence inside the vehicle. Remove syringe and leave. Of course I'd never suggest that. Just a thought.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
5ml syringe needle inserted through the weather stripping between the top of the door and body. Push plunger and dispense pure skunk essence inside the vehicle. Remove syringe and leave. Of course I'd never suggest that. Just a thought.

This is genius. clap
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:54 PM

Be mad, and drive off. I wouldn’t risk a Vandalism charge with someone setting you up on YouTube to see your reaction to a set up situation like that. People are doing everything to get a good video.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:57 PM

Have security look up LP to see if it was a tenet, if so have them visit them and move their car

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 06:57 PM

Put a small pebble in the valve cap and screw it back on. Takes a while to go flat and when they fill it back up they will screw the cap back on. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

😆

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

This is genius. clap

Just stuff that comes to mind while sitting in parking lots doing surveillance.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 07:39 PM

Biscuit handled this well. So many vigilante idgits on here boastfully trying to make two wrongs a right just does not work.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 08:20 PM

Messing with that Camaro could turn into a bad idea if some knuckle dragging ape that owned it showed up. He, or it, might stomp a mudhole in you. roflmao
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 08:38 PM

My BIL used to work for a pipeline co. he had a jar of the pure stuff they put in Natural gas to make it stink. I almost lost my cookies when he opened the jar. It would be perfect.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Biscuit handled this well. So many vigilante idgits on here boastfully trying to make two wrongs a right just does not work.

Lol, same guy that asked a dining patron to either switch shirts or turn offensive shirt inside out???
Posted By: BenBob

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 08:40 PM

That is a pretty ingenous idea.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid

Lol, same guy that asked a dining patron to either switch shirts or turn offensive shirt inside out???

Right in the 10 ring! roflmao

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 09:07 PM

Quite the difference - no one was harmed nor did anyone suffer an economic blow.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 09:08 PM

only his feelings were hurt.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 10:42 PM

Quite the difference - no one was harmed nor did anyone suffer an economic blow.

Neither was the OP. I was thinking more along the lines of the comparison being you and the person that parked the car.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 10:56 PM

This^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 11:23 PM

Put anti-seize on thier doorhandles. They will have that crap every where and very difficult to remove.
Posted By: Guy

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 11:31 PM

Exactly.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 11:32 PM

8 roofing nails. 2 for each tire. They will cause flaws bur at different times. Then pray for rain.

Re: What would you do? - 01/30/24 11:39 PM

Had to fire a guy once over something similar. This young, good looking engineer parked too close to one of our not so patient field techs in the parking lot. She didn't mean to park so close that he couldn't get his big butt in his truck, but she did. I got the call on the radio & hauled butt to the parking lot, to find this knuckle dragger breathing heavy/hollering/cussing. He tried to open his door, couldn't, and lost his freakin' mind slamming his door into her car as hard as he could with both hands. Then pushing/rocking her car trying to move it over. Got him somewhat calmed down and sounded like he had had a really bad day and just wanted to go home. I said well bud, your day is about to get worse because this incident just costed you your job.......mercy.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 12:19 AM

I'll keep my comments and actions to myself. Being stupid is gonna hurt.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 12:36 AM

I have been known to leave a note on a car that says…

Daddy always said "If you can't drive it, park it"
But daddy assumed everyone knew how to park.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 12:39 AM

Fortunately, my Sonata can be reversed by remote for just such situations. In fact, when it was snowing/icy a couple of weeks ago, I was standing in my kitchen and used the remote to back my car up so it's shadow would be moved and the sunlight could shine on the ice and melt it so I didn't slip and fall.

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Fortunately, my Sonata can be reversed by remote for just such situations. In fact, when it was snowing/icy a couple of weeks ago, I was standing in my kitchen and used the remote to back my car up so it's shadow would be moved and the sunlight could shine on the ice and melt it so I didn't slip and fall.

How to say I’m boujee without saying I’m boujee…did your pinky stick out when you typed that rofl
Posted By: freerange

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 02:11 AM

bougee... where do yall get these words?
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by freerange

IYKYK...

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 02:20 AM

I've always spelled it bougie. Bougee is the more "urban" use of the word.

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 02:23 AM

Gay bars on Cedar Springs according to Fitz
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 02:44 AM

How to say I’m boujee without saying I’m boujee…did your pinky stick out when you typed that rofl

Not boujee, but grateful. More cars need this feature! I didn't know I needed it until I had it! Kinda like being able to start the car, unlock it, lock it, with just an app. You can't lock the car if a keyfob is in the car...unless you use the app to lock it. So, you can lock the key in the car from the app, go to a ballgame, or whatever, and unlock it from the app. Didn't know I needed that until I had it either, but it's awesome!

Just like a pedestrian avoidance feature. Didn't know I needed that, but now that I have it, I don't want another vehicle without it. People just walk out from behind a car without looking, earbuds in, and looking at their phone. Something else all cars should have.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 02:54 AM

Something else all cars should have...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stub

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 12:33 PM

^^^
This and only because of cell phones & cameras followed by the possible repercussions from a screwed up judicial system.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 12:39 PM

So many things going through my head that I would love to do. However, I've learned over the years if it's something that you think would really make you feel good to do, it's most likely illegal.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 01:09 PM

That would push anybodys buttons but don't waste too much time thinking of revenge cause they will still be stupid and you would have wasted your time thinking of ways! Trust me I know, been there/done it. Now if you were on site and they came out and you pointed out error in their ways may have more impact.

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 02:46 PM

In all honesty, say an expletive out loud, chuckle about it, get in through passenger door and back up very carefully. About all I can legally do and life is wayyyy too short to let dumb stuff like that ruin my day....
Posted By: decook

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Have security look up LP to see if it was a tenet, if so have them visit them and move their car

If you feel compelled to do anything beyond leaving a note on the windshield, this is really the only option. Parking garages, like stairwells, have security cameras.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: What would you do? - 01/31/24 04:40 PM

I might open the gas cap and leave it hanging with the gas cap door open, but not do anything to the car. Leave them wondering and have the last laugh.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 02:56 PM

Fall of 1979. I was18, legal drinking age at the time. Buddy and I decided to go to our favorite Restaurant/Bar (Judge Roy Beans at Greenville Ave and Park Ln)
Buddy drove a K5 Blazer that we installed a 4" lift kit on. Only one open spot in the lot but car to the left was on the far-right line and the car to the right was on the far-left line.
Buddy didn't want to try it so I said, 'let me'. I crept the truck into the middle of the spot with only a couple inches on either side. Then I lowered the rear window, crawled out through it and closed the rear window.
We wrote down the license plates of both cars in case either one did anything to the truck.
Still would have liked to see the faces when they walked out to see that. t
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:06 PM

Channeling Walker Hayes.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:11 PM

Had to fire a guy once over something similar. This young, good looking engineer parked too close to one of our not so patient field techs in the parking lot. She didn't mean to park so close that he couldn't get his big butt in his truck, but she did. I got the call on the radio & hauled butt to the parking lot, to find this knuckle dragger breathing heavy/hollering/cussing. He tried to open his door, couldn't, and lost his freakin' mind slamming his door into her car as hard as he could with both hands. Then pushing/rocking her car trying to move it over. Got him somewhat calmed down and sounded like he had had a really bad day and just wanted to go home. I said well bud, your day is about to get worse because this incident just costed you your job.......mercy.

What an idiot. Stupid angry people do stupid things. If not for this, you would have fired him eventually over something else.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:19 PM

Is saying you own a Hyundai very boujee?
Posted By: tlk

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:28 PM

two rules to live by -

1. Don't sweat the small stuff

2. Everything is small stuff

Don't let someone you will never know or see again ruin your day

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

What an idiot. Stupid angry people do stupid things. If not for this, you would have fired him eventually over something else.

No doubt.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:45 PM

What would I do?

First, I'd carefully back out and go on my way.

Second, dependent upon whether this car/driver is a one-time occurrence, or if he is your usual parking neighbor.
If it's your usual, daily neighbor, I'd snap a picture and bring it up.

...------
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:52 PM

YOU'RE ON CAMERA everywhere, so like many have said. Breath in through your nose and out ya mouth. Be glad they didn't hit your truck. I bet they didn't even know what they did. Like many say, you can't fix stupid people.

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by huntingbig8

Is saying you own a Hyundai very boujee?

rofl only ones that drive themselves (legit question tho) rofl

Not boujee, but grateful. More cars need this feature! I didn't know I needed it until I had it! Kinda like being able to start the car, unlock it, lock it, with just an app. You can't lock the car if a keyfob is in the car...unless you use the app to lock it. So, you can lock the key in the car from the app, go to a ballgame, or whatever, and unlock it from the app. Didn't know I needed that until I had it either, but it's awesome!

Just like a pedestrian avoidance feature. Didn't know I needed that, but now that I have it, I don't want another vehicle without it. People just walk out from behind a car without looking, earbuds in, and looking at their phone. Something else all cars should have.

Just messing with you LSS...I suspect it's one of those features the few times you use it, it's nice having.

BigFitz...as ugly as he is (and let's be realistic, you met him yesterday...he's damn ugly), he makes it up in smarts and teaches me stuff like that.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 05:29 PM

I guess I would get in the othe side of the car and drive off

Yes, in the end, karma always seems to even the score very much in your favor and without any action on your part.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
two rules to live by -

1. Don't sweat the small stuff

2. Everything is small stuff

Don't let someone you will never know or see again ruin your day

Wish I was taught that as a child.
Posted By: Guy

Re: What would you do? - 02/01/24 06:31 PM

It would be interesting to know the mind set of the person that parked like that. Was it just a girl thing? My wife has parked sometimes, and I tell her “look how you parked”, she didn’t realize, and got back in and parked correctly. Maybe it was an emergency, was this at a hospital?

More than likely it was just an idiot, in which case you should piss in their gas tank. But you never know.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum