Posted By: Roll-Tide

Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 03:20 AM

Curse is lifted. Jimmy is in the ring.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 03:21 AM

Jimmy gave a good speech I thought.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 03:43 AM

What they did to him to begin with speaks volumes about the organization and their fans.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 04:20 AM

Strange ending

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 04:23 AM

Great win by the referees at the end
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 04:23 AM

I thought they shoulda kicked extra point after 1st penalty. Momentum was gone.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 04:24 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 04:26 AM

Crazy game…

IMO you take the 2 point try to win the game every single time.

Name a better opportunity than having the ball inside the 5 to win the game?
Posted By: one73maro

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 05:02 AM

Crazy ending to this game. After the initial penalty for illegal touching they should have kicked the extra point. Their best play had already been used and the Cowboys were ready for any wild plays. They said it could have been 1 of 3 different penalties called in that play. So even if he would have checked in they were still lined up wrong and it would have been a penalty.
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 01:52 PM

Lots of what ifs in the game. What if the Lions had kicked the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down, what if CD had not fumbled or fumbled out of bounds, what if the Cowboys had managed the clock properly on the last drive, what if Detroit just kicked the extra point. I will take the win.
Posted By: John2

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 02:24 PM

After the first penalty I expected them to take the extra point but they were looking for a win and it bit them in the butt.
The highlight was seeing Jimmy on the field at halftime and too bad jerry got his pants in a wad when they were a great team and let Jimmy go.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 02:42 PM

I’m glad Dan went for it 3 times, I was getting sleepy and ready to go bed.
Posted By: presley

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
Lots of what ifs in the game. What if the Lions had kicked the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down, what if CD had not fumbled or fumbled out of bounds, what if the Cowboys had managed the clock properly on the last drive, what if Detroit just kicked the extra point. I will take the win.

Totally agree about he Cowboys call on 2nd down in their last drive. Game over if they had just run the ball but McCarthy went for the kill. Almost killed them.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 03:21 PM

Crazy ending but even if he had been reported be would have been called for illegal formation so it was doomed from the beginning. The fact they went for it 3 times in a row and messed it up is all that needs to be said. Botched play, off sides/intercepted and a dropped pass. Boom they sucked worse than Dallas clap Neither team can handle San Francisco or the Ravens so it’s a moot point,
Posted By: BDB

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
[Linked Image]

Your finally coming around Guy, its about those cowgirls.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 05:07 PM

And the 2 no calls against the "Boys" didn't help the Lions. Blatant and televised holding on the 95-yard td showed a D player with a handful of a Lions jersey and blatant and televised pass interference that even Aikman noted. Lions will go further in the playoffs than D.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 08:44 PM

what if's ??????

What If:

the score was :

Dallas 20
Lions 19

OH WAIT IT WAS roflmao

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by BDB

Your finally coming around Guy, its about those cowgirls.

It’s kinda hard to hate on the cowgirls.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
what if's ??????

What If:

the score was :

Dallas 20
Lions 19

OH WAIT IT WAS roflmao

And…what if….the Cardinals beat the Eagles….

Oh wait…..

Tables set, boys.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 09:02 PM

That zebra team has been officially "downgraded" for screwing up that game winning play for the Lions.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
That zebra team has been officially "downgraded" for screwing up that game winning play for the Lions.

They blew the tripping call on the previous Cowboys possession, which most likely makes the Lions drive nonexistent….so there would have been no game winning play for Detroit.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by rjf1911

They blew the tripping call on the previous Cowboys possession, which most likely makes the Lions drive nonexistent….so there would have been no game winning play for Detroit.

Ok, then go all the way back at the no call holding on the 95 yd td. Who knows what the game would have looked like then.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 09:23 PM

I think both coaches have their heads up their rear ends! Terrible call to go for two after the first one was called back and they were another 5 yards back, what an idiot.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 09:41 PM

Since Philly lost, Dallas can win the NFC East with a win over Washington next week. A playoff game at home would be good.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 09:46 PM

NFC East will not be represented in the NFC championship game.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 10:15 PM

Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Curse is lifted. Jimmy is in the ring.

This may really be the reason.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 12/31/23 11:47 PM

i forgot who you pull for.

niners are one step ahead of everyone but nobody will beat Balitmore.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 12:20 AM

The washingon deadskins.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 02:27 AM

niners are one step ahead of everyone but nobody will beat Balitmore.

You may be right Buzz. Baltimore is killing all the best teams.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 02:18 PM

I'm glad the Cowboys won but the pizz poor zebra officiating continues across the league.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 04:29 PM

Body cams and microphone on the officials?

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 05:04 PM

Ok, lets sale there was not a breakdown in communication with Deck and the official, they means the cowboys would have been told Decker (who is a DT and lined up at DT) was an eligible receiver, and would have been covered, maybe intercepted?

Posted By: 68A

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 06:34 PM

The whole debate is pretty funny. It’s obvious the ref mistook who reported and who didn’t. The ref said over the loud speaker not once but twice number 70 is reporting eligible, as they were coming out of the huddle. I can understand some frustration from lions fans but there’s some ownership that needs to be taken from every player in the huddle and every member of the coaching staff that knew what was about to happen and what players (and their numbers) were involved, especially numbers 70 and 68. How do you hear that over the loud speaker and not say something. I think they were trying to confuse the defense with multiple linemen talking to the ref but they ended up confusing the refs and themselves. The ref has two guys trying to talk to him and a third one running up saying something as well. If I was a lions fan I’d be more upset about the coach rolling the dice 3 times.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 07:26 PM

Whenever humans are involved in anything, there will be stuff like this happen. It's inevitable.

As far as the Cowboys, like Jimmy Johnson said Saturday:

"Millions of fans love them, and millions of fans despise them."

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 08:09 PM

And if Dan Campbell hadn’t decided to start a one man %^&* measuring contest after the penalty, the Lions might have won the game anyway….and and kept their chance at the #1 seed, at worst, the #2….nope….#5.

If he wanted to be angry at anyone, he should look in the mirror.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by rjf1911
And if Dan Campbell hadn’t decided to start a one man %^&* measuring contest after the penalty, the Lions might have won the game anyway….and and kept their chance at the #1 seed, at worst, the #2….nope….#5.

If he wanted to be angry at anyone, he should look in the mirror.

He tried to get too cute with his players checking in with the referee trying to throw the Cowboys off. It backfired on him. I'll admit , he;s pretty good at whining.. banana

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 10:13 PM

If this would have happed to the Cowgirls, you all would be whistling a different tune, I'm sure.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/01/24 11:06 PM

If this would have happed to the Cowgirls, you all would be whistling a different tune, I'm sure.

I woulda agreed with whatever Troy said. smile ani

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/02/24 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 68A
I think they were trying to confuse the defense with multiple linemen talking to the ref but they ended up confusing the refs and themselves. The ref has two guys trying to talk to him and a third one running up saying something as well.

Yeah you nailed it. And Dan admits it here, a failed trick play. It is amazing how the media got it all wronge.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...as-to-who-was-eligible-on-two-point-play
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/02/24 02:56 PM

It wasn't too long ago that it did happen.

Terrell Owens made a beautiful catch that would have probably allowed the team to win the game and move forward in the playoffs.

But......
Posted By: Concho

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/02/24 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 68A
The whole debate is pretty funny. It’s obvious the ref mistook who reported and who didn’t. The ref said over the loud speaker not once but twice number 70 is reporting eligible, as they were coming out of the huddle. I can understand some frustration from lions fans but there’s some ownership that needs to be taken from every player in the huddle and every member of the coaching staff that knew what was about to happen and what players (and their numbers) were involved, especially numbers 70 and 68. How do you hear that over the loud speaker and not say something. I think they were trying to confuse the defense with multiple linemen talking to the ref but they ended up confusing the refs and themselves. The ref has two guys trying to talk to him and a third one running up saying something as well. If I was a lions fan I’d be more upset about the coach rolling the dice 3 times.

Lions Coach stated they were trying to confuse Dallas defense, they got caught in their own deception, which is usually what happens to those trying to be deceptive.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/02/24 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by 68A

Lions Coach stated they were trying to confuse Dallas defense, they got caught in their own deception, which is usually what happens to those trying to be deceptive.

He tried to get too cute with his players checking in with the referee trying to throw the Cowboys off. It backfired on him. I'll admit , he;s pretty good at whining.. banana

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/02/24 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by 68A

He went over the play before the game with the refs so they knew to expect it. It’s 100% on the ref that announced the wrong player.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/02/24 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan

He went over the play before the game with the refs so they knew to expect it. It’s 100% on the ref that announced the wrong player.

Wrong…

After the game, Lions coach Dan Campbell said that he explained the play to the officials before the game. The question becomes whether Campbell explained the play itself, or whether Campbell explained his plan to set the play up with an effort to confuse the Cowboys as to who was, and wasn’t, eligible.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Brad Allen was not present for the pregame meeting with Campbell. That’s standard procedure. It’s not known whether Campbell explained that a shell game of sorts would be played before the play to confuse the Cowboys. It’s hard to imagine Campbell articulating that.

Think about it. “Look,” Campbell might have said, “we’ve got a play in the game plan tonight that includes throwing a pass to a tackle. But here’s what we’re gonna do. We’ll be making it look like a different guy is reporting as eligible than the one who is really reporting as eligible, because we want to confuse the Cowboys about who is and isn’t eligible. So when that happens, go along with it, OK?”

It’s hard to imagine Campbell being so candid about the trick that the Lions were trying to pull. Articulating it that way sounds a little off. It sounds a little wrong. It sounds a little like something a team probably shouldn’t be trying to do. Like something that is on the wrong side of the line of what is and isn’t fair.

Regardless, the only way the Lions could have properly prepared Allen for that moment would have been to get Allen in on the ruse. He clearly wasn’t. The Lions ran their plan so well that it confused Allen. And, frankly, it’s on the Lions to find the sweet spot between confusing the opponent and not confusing the officials.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ange-procedure-for-reporting-as-eligible

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/03/24 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

The washingon deadskins.

Crazy Ray knew how to deal with the Redskins
[Linked Image]

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/03/24 10:27 PM

Great picture above. I have a few stories of Crazy Ray.
Posted By: Concho

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/03/24 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Originally Posted by 68A

Not, he did not go over the deceptive part with the Refs, they could have had no part of such shenanigans.

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/06/24 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tbar
I'm glad the Cowboys won but the pizz poor zebra officiating continues across the league.

Yeah, you can watch the same officiating team in Steelers/Ravens game today
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Cowboys vs Lions - 01/06/24 10:09 PM

Really...........This $hit happened a week ago.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum