Texas Hunting Forum

God bless our LEO's

Posted By: tlk

God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 01:20 AM

TWO LEO"S SHOT - it is scary how many are LEO haters - and this is from a Texas hunting community!

Texas Bow Hunter forum is full of anti-law enforcement members - my son is an LEO and it worries me greatly about his safety in today's world -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-release-bodycam-video-shooting-233507265.html
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 01:23 AM

We lost a good one in Somervell Co. in a vehicle accident last week. God bless indeed.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
TWO LEO"S SHOT - it is scary how many are LEO haters - and this is from a Texas hunting community!

Texas Bow Hunter forum is full of anti-law enforcement members - my son is an LEO and it worries me greatly about his safety in today's world -

The throttle is down on the degradation of our society.

The White House is full of America hating woke lying queers & perverts.

It started with one "so called" American President that declared war on the police. Same man is still in charge.

We're in deep trouble and most folks are too comfortable to realize that.

Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by tlk

The throttle is down on the degradation of our society.

The White House is full of America hating woke lying queers & perverts.

It started with one "so called" American President that declared war on the police. Same man is still in charge.

We're in deep trouble and most folks are too comfortable to realize that.

Truth right here!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 01:57 AM

Our country as we knew it will not survive our grandkids will end up hating us for letting this fester.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 02:15 AM

Weak minded people fall for anti cop propaganda hook, line and sinker.

The good stories are buried because they don’t get nearly the clicks as a bad story.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

The good stories are buried because they don’t get nearly the clicks as a bad story.

Yeppers
Posted By: blkt2

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 02:58 AM

You know the news moto. If it bleeds it leads.

The police are the agents tasked with enforcing the law but are not the law themselves. I take issue with unjust laws and not necessarily the people tasked with enforcement.

My adopted dad was a Detroit and later a Memphis police officer. He was somewhat unique in the era because he had a bachelors degree and no military experience. I compare what I see from law enforcement today with what I observed growing up and I don't like what has happened.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by tlk

Not surprised. When we had a band of cop haters on here about 10 years ago, I was a member on TBH too. There are way more on TBH than THF. I’ve concluded that the ones on TBH are felons and can’t use firearms, and the others are poachers that don’t want to get caught trespassing with a firearm.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by tlk

Not surprised. When we had a band of cop haters on here about 10 years ago, I was a member on TBH too. There are way more on TBH than THF. I’ve concluded that the ones on TBH are felons and can’t use firearms, and the others are poachers that don’t want to get caught trespassing with a firearm.

2 questions for ya.

#1 Do you seriously believe that there is a single felon in the entire US who can't get a gun if they want one?

#2 Is trespass bumped up to a more serious crime if the person is armed? Are there mitigating factors if the person is not aware that they are trespassing?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 03:55 AM

cops get tired of the revolving prison/jail doors

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Law enforcement in the US is under control of elected leadership and they are not intended to have a say so in what laws are passed outside of voting for Representatives as private individuals. They are there to enforce the will of the legislators and when told to jump they need to ask "How high?". If you allow law enforcement to set policy tyranny follow shortly thereafter.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 04:14 AM

That’s an excellent point. Cops are forced into dealing with and arresting the same person 20-30 or 50 times.

If this was corrected, cops could probably focus on more of what the community wants. Other than constant crime fighting and burnout and risk that goes along with it.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

That’s not anything new.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by blkt2
Originally Posted by tlk

2 questions for ya.

#1 Do you seriously believe that there is a single felon in the entire US who can't get a gun if they want one?

Don’t be dumb. I’m well aware that anybody can get anything they want. I deal with it everyday. But some, despite their past, respect the laws set forth and know that if they want to pursue their passion to hunt they are restricted to bow hunting or certain muzzleloaders.

#2 Is trespass bumped up to a more serious crime if the person is armed? Are there mitigating factors if the person is not aware that they are trespassing?

Yes. It becomes a Class A misdemeanor.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 08:44 AM

With almost all professional sports organizations pushing the narrative that law enforcement officers are racist criminals while the media fans the flames about it I’m surprised it’s not worse.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:01 AM

Yes, and there are plenty of weak minds on THF.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by tlk

I agree with this - funny how at my age 70 I have never once been in trouble with the law nor had any bad experiences with LEO's or GW. May have had something to do with my being respectful to them plus not breaking the law ?

At any rate I am off TBH forum from here on -

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 05:39 PM

Felon part does make sense. And if they’re not felons, they are on the same side and thought process as the felons.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 05:59 PM

Felon part does make sense. And if they’re not felons, they are on the same side and thought process as the felons.

So your equating people who think in ways that you don't agree with with criminal behavior? With that thought process you are surprised when you hear that some people don't like the police?

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 06:52 PM

It’s funny to read comments from people who acquired their knowledge and experience about a subject from the internet or what people have told them.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
It’s funny to read comments from people who acquired their knowledge and experience about a subject from the internet or what people have told them.

I don't have a problem with the police and as I have pointed out many, many, many times before on this forum I was raised by one in the early years of my life. I do however have a problem with officers who step outside of the law and laws that I believe are unjust. I don't blame individual officers for enforcing unjust laws. I do blame individual officers who go outside of the law and so do you.

Since my background is in engineering I have an efficient way of problem solving. If there is something that is causing a problem you have to decide if it is worth keeping or it things would work better by eliminating that something. I look at laws the same way.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 08:11 PM

I don't have a problem with the police and as I have pointed out many, many, many times before on this forum I was raised by one in the early years of my life. I do however have a problem with officers who step outside of the law and laws that I believe are unjust. I don't blame individual officers for enforcing unjust laws. I do blame individual officers who go outside of the law and so do you.

Since my background is in engineering I have an efficient way of problem solving. If there is something that is causing a problem you have to decide if it is worth keeping or it things would work better by eliminating that something. I look at laws the same way.

You got on a thread titled God Bless Our Leo’s and have typed what you’ve typed. Don’t you think you’ve done enough?
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 08:26 PM

Since my background is in engineering I have an efficient way of problem solving.

Only an engineer could say something like that and believe it.
Posted By: jskin

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Our country as we knew it will not survive our grandkids will end up hating us for letting this fester.

I get your point but is this really true? Has not every generation said this before us. I disagree with a lot in the world don’t get me wrong and I am fearful to a degree. But there has always been things to worry about and there always will be. Rock and roll and Elvis were going to ruin the world too! I say be mindful, be alert but live life to the fullest.
Posted By: Grit

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 09:34 PM

I'm 100% LEO supporter. up

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 09:35 PM

You got on a thread titled God Bless Our Leo’s and have typed what you’ve typed. Don’t you think you’ve done enough?

The thread went off topic at post 6 which I replied to and then others implied that I or others were anti LE so I explained my position in clear language. My positions don't change but they can be misunderstood by others.
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 10:08 PM

1000% behind our LEO's, prayers to all of them and their family's up up salute
Posted By: Stub

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 10:15 PM

100% behind all First Responders!

Have Support Law Enforcement with a shield as my Facebook cover picture for several years instead of a picture of my kids or dogs, have support first responders window stickers on my truck and on a flag banner in the front yard!

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by ElkOne

Even the bad ones?

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Since my background is in engineering I have an efficient way of problem solving.

Only an engineer could say something like that and believe it.

It works well when you are the only one on the project. It goes off the rails with a committee.

Since there appears to be some misunderstanding about my views I will say this; my default position is to support LE. Why they willingly volunteer for such a crap job is beyond me but I do respect them for it.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 10:51 PM

I agree and multiple times on here and TBH I have literally dared the anti-LEO's to get off their lazy butts and go do a ride out with an officer.

I have done it many times over the years with my LEO son and it is a total eye opener as to what they really deal with and gives folks a totally different perspective. To my knowledge not a single one of the haters have ever done so? Why??? Because they do not want to understand what it is really like to do the job day in and day out

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:07 PM

Even the bad ones?

There are very few and in general they do a fine job of disciplining their own ranks. I don't consider a wrong call being made in a split second decision a criminal offense. Even the most skilled surgeon will occasionally kill someone on the operating table.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by tlk

I agree and multiple times on here and TBH I have literally dared the anti-LEO's to get off their lazy butts and go do a ride out with an officer.

I have done it many times over the years with my LEO son and it is a total eye opener as to what they really deal with and gives folks a totally different perspective. To my knowledge not a single one of the haters have ever done so? Why??? Because they do not want to understand what it is really like to do the job day in and day out

If you’re going to abuse question marks, at least put periods in their place.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by tlk

That is all you got?? Wow - Junior High School response

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by tlk

That is all you got?? Wow - Junior High School response

Man, I really got a kick out of myself, and I thought you’d be smart enough to keep up with my humor. Oh well, I’m sure others will appreciate it, Captain Serious. Carry on with your bootlickin’.

Damn. That was probably my best joke ever. I can’t believe you ruined it.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:37 PM

These threads always smoke out the cop haters. I already knew about these so no real gain from this one.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/20/23 11:41 PM

Sneaky - my bad. I am known to misread some post - I am 70 so I have a good excuse. I get a little fired up on these threads because my son is an LEO. Sorry!! My bad

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
Sneaky - my bad. I am known to misread some post - I am 70 so I have a good excuse. I get a little fired up on these threads because my son is an LEO. Sorry!! My bad

I know. I just can’t help myself. No need to apologize. It’s all just for fun, as far as I’m concerned.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 01:27 AM

Even the bad ones?

Why would you go there confused2 hammer

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stub

Even the bad ones?

Stub, I just admitted that I can’t help myself. You know me.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 03:10 AM

100% behind all First Responders!

Have Support Law Enforcement with a shield as my Facebook cover picture for several years instead of a picture of my kids or dogs, have support first responders window stickers on my truck and on a flag banner in the front yard!

The Sheriff’s Deputies here know my ranch is a safe place for them and they are welcome anytime.

[Linked Image]

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 01:05 PM

Even the bad ones?

Stub, I just admitted that I can’t help myself. You know me.

Yep I should have known up
Posted By: JP4065

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 01:26 PM

Yesterday, I checked out the cop hater threads over on Texas Bow Hunter and there seems to be a couple posters that absolutely hate cops. The two posters who are called johnny44 and riverrat1 are really ugly . Wow

I wonder who those folks call when they need help.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by JP4065
Yesterday, I checked out the cop hater threads over on Texas Bow Hunter and there seems to be a couple posters that absolutely hate cops. The two posters who are called johnny44 and riverrat1 are really ugly . Wow

This was not the first thread over at TBH about cops and believe me there are many more than just two who are ugly. Most likely all have been in trouble multiple times with law enforcement. Pretty sad and scary for our LEO's
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 03:06 PM

Many times it is because they're criminals and resent to a positive degree when we arrest them. Other times they are just keyboard warriors and in real life they know they couldn't do what we do. They won't go through that door themselves but they love to complain about the way we do it.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 10:23 PM

Back the blue !

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Many times it is because they're criminals and resent to a positive degree when we arrest them. Other times they are just keyboard warriors and in real life they know they couldn't do what we do. They won't go through that door themselves but they love to complain about the way we do it.

I think it’s just bowhunters. They’re strange people.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/21/23 11:48 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 12:05 AM

I don’t see why we’re calling out people on another forum but having said that I have zero use for anyone who doesn’t support our police… For those that bash them as a whole they need to shut the hell up and put on the uniform and show everyone how it’s done then.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 12:49 AM

I'd like to add a blessing for all first responders. They all have a vital function.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 12:51 AM

Bruh....

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 01:32 AM

I don't see how y'all keep up with all these forums. I can barely keep up with this one.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I don’t see why we’re calling out people on another forum but having said that I have zero use for anyone who doesn’t support our police… For those that bash them as a whole they need to shut the hell up and put on the uniform and show everyone how it’s done then.

You know I love you, so don’t get all twisted up about this.

You pretty much contradicted yourself/answered your own question. We are calling out people on another forum because they don’t support our police.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

Bruh....

Look, I tossed one out there. I wasn’t expecting any bowhunters to show up and call me out. Just go with it, for now, por favor.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 06:06 AM

You know I love you, so don’t get all twisted up about this.

You pretty much contradicted yourself/answered your own question. We are calling out people on another forum because they don’t support our police.

Your good buddy but I was referring to the other Forum being brought up by name on here at all but I get what you’re saying.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 12:05 PM

I am thinking about joining Citizen On Patrol up here in Frisco

I will get my own squad car and they send them out to issue tickets for handicap parking violations, and I assume other stuff.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

I will get my own squad car and they send them out to issue tickets for handicap parking violations, and I assume other stuff.

Usually people that do that are insufferable pricks. If you want to see a true glimpse of someone's character give them a little authority over others or at least the illusion of authority. Some things simply need to be left to professionals.

Choctaw hit the nail on the head when he said "And in real life they know they couldn't do what we do" because in real life most people don't have the discipline or temperament to handle wielding authority over others and controlling themselves when people buck that authority.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 12:44 PM

Usually people that do that are insufferable pricks. If you want to see a true glimpse of someone's character give them a little authority over others or at least the illusion of authority.

Repeated over at HOAs everywhere

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 02:13 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't help myself here, RR. Does that mean you"ll be handing out citations for bicycles parked in handicapped spots?
grin popcorn up

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Grit

I'm sorry, but I can't help myself here, RR. Does that mean you"ll be handing out citations for bicycles parked in handicapped spots?
grin popcorn up

roflmao
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 04:04 PM

Usually people that do that are insufferable pricks. If you want to see a true glimpse of someone's character give them a little authority over others or at least the illusion of authority. Some things simply need to be left to professionals.

Frisco the police deptarment and fire department and all city workers are schooled on "Customer Service" and providing the best customer service they can to thier citizens. I have hear this more than one time from the city workers.

I have only dealt with one Citizen On Patrol, someone called on me for parking in Handicap at Walmart, I keep my placard on my dash in one of my vehicles and it's kinda hidden, But I was walking out and he was pulling up, and older cat around 70 and his buddy around same age, they were cool, I said I had it on my dash.

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 04:30 PM

^^^ In Iran the same type of people that become volunteers here walk around looking for violations of Sharia law and beat people to death for infractions. Here they just write tickets because that is all that they are allowed to do.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 04:52 PM

God bless our LEO and their families that have to worry about them every time they walk out the door, I have supported LEO with my hard earned dollars other than taxes, I have sent care packages to our troops under GW Bush.
I have never been anti LEO , although being accused of it because I say everyone must obey the law or pay the consequences, I will spend Christmas with kin and friends “ that’s where I get my information “ about obeying the law, I have a retired trooper friend that is as good a man as you would want to share a campfire with, he is a by the book guy and the kind that has my 100% support.
It’s a few that tarnish all LEO and that’s just sad because it just isn’t so.
I hope everyone has a merry Christmas.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: God bless our LEO's - 12/22/23 05:48 PM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum