Texas Hunting Forum

Need to get a new king size mattress

Posted By: Guy

Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 10:18 PM

Ideas? Let's hear it, go!!
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 10:31 PM

Man, I have been through more matresses than I care to admit. All wear out and hump in the middle it seems......or I hurt my back and need to adjust the firmness to relieve some pressure points.
We bought a sleep number King i8 360 Smart Beda year ago and I will never go back. A great bed.

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 10:48 PM

Yeah my wife and I both have sore backs, so hope a new mattress helps. Our mattress is so old I’m not even going to say, lol.

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by topwater13
We bought a sleep number King i8 360 Smart Beda year ago and I will never go back. A great bed.

Ok, I’m taking notes. up
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 11:08 PM

We have a Sleepnumber in one house and a Temperpedic Breeze in the other and if you get hot at night the Breeze is a game changer. I absolutely hate sleeping on the Sleepnumber after using the Breeze. As far as comfort I’d say they’re fairly close with the nod going to the Temperpedic but the staying a comfortable temperature isn’t even a competition. We’ve had Sleepnumbers for a years and their a great mattress so you can’t go wrong with one but we both sleep better on the Breeze,

We had a Temperpedic air mattress type bed with the adjustability to it like the Sleepnumber but that thing was like living inside a heater so be careful with the pillow top mattresses because you’ll sweat to death in them or at least we do.
Posted By: batman

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 11:32 PM

We are on our second Sleep Number mattress, love ‘em. Don’t care for pillow top mattresses. Only replaced our original to get an adjustable type.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 11:38 PM

Go to Sleep Experts and try out their machine that will tell you which mattress fits your pressure points best. I have a Stearns & Foster mattress that is extremely firm (which is what I need for my back). My mom got the same one as she has had a back fusion and has troubles, too. We both love ours. My best friend also bought a Stearns & Foster mattress which he loves. Great company, and I believe Texas based. However, like I said, go to Sleep Experts and get on their mattress tester thingy and it'll help you track out the right mattress. I'd also suggest an adjustable foundation.

Remember, mattress prices, just like on cars, are negotiable. Do not take their first offer, or even their second...feel free to walk out. They'll work with you.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 11:43 PM

We have a waterbed and love it! up
Posted By: Greg

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/07/23 11:47 PM

We need one as well. Last one we bought about 7 years ago is horrible.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by topwater13

Ok, I’m taking notes. up

Sleep number for the win. I have tried many including the temper pedic and other foam mattresses. No matter the mattress, after 6 hours had to get out of bed my back hurt so bad. Got a sleep number 6 years ago and have slept great ever since.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 04:32 AM

Texas Mattress Factory, Ennis.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 04:57 AM

I paid about 7k for our Beautyrest Hybrid king mattress and sleep better on our spare bedroom mattress from Amazon that was less than $500.
Posted By: janie

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 12:38 PM

Following along on this as well. We're way over due for a new mattress. Hopefully sleep number will have an end of year blow out sale.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 01:21 PM

IMO you'll get about 5 years out of any conventional mattress. I've had two Beautyrests and now a Serta iComfort 2000 (no pillow tops, all moderately firm) and was happy with all three. It just sucks they don't last like we think they should.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 01:34 PM

Look at Costco mattress in box, they deliver to your door

Most come with a 365 trail period

Best mattresses I have found for the money.
Posted By: John2

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 01:51 PM

Can't go wrong with a Stearns & Foster.
Posted By: RussellWayne

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 01:57 PM

I did this with great success. We were looking for a new mattress and finally found the one we liked. They quoted us right at $4k for the mattres and adjustable frame. We decided to keep looking and a few days later online with Mattress firm??? whatever the big one is I started chatting online with a rep. They quoted me the same mattress for a cheaper price, and the claimed that the adjustable frame was free. The only rule was that if i went into the mattress firm local store I could not give them my name as the local store sales reps have precident over the online reps. Needless to say I got a huge discount. I did get a message a few hours after talking to the guy and he stated that he was wrong. He could not give me the adjustable frame for free. Unfortunately it was going to cost me $100.00 Verses the other store asking $1100.00.
So find your mattress, get a quote and then go to mattress firm website, use the chat feature and ask for the online quote. It saved us about $1500.00 Same mattress, same frame and free shipping and set up.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 02:31 PM

Look for one with the pillow biter indentions, being a cowboys fan and all.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 02:34 PM

Anyone have a purple mattress ? They feel great to lay on for a few minutes but I wonder how they are long term
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Look at Costco mattress in box, they deliver to your door

Most come with a 365 trail period

Best mattresses I have found for the money.

The return policy made this a no brainer for us- and we love it..

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
I paid about 7k for our Beautyrest Hybrid king mattress and sleep better on our spare bedroom mattress from Amazon that was less than $500.

Had a custom made memory foam mattress made for the bed of my truck/camper, it’s awesome.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 04:05 PM

I had the original Tempurpedic and it was OK but not great. Switched to the Tempurpedic Breeze (I call it the cool) and like it much better.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Need to get a new king size mattress - 12/08/23 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Anyone have a purple mattress ? They feel great to lay on for a few minutes but I wonder how they are long term

Client of mine used to manage a Mattress Firm. He said those were the most returned mattresses...You either love them or you hate them and there's no in between. He said they were great mattresses, but some people just couldn't get used to them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum