Texas Hunting Forum

Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch

Posted By: RedRanger

Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 10:43 AM

So this guy retired from football and lives like a retired Postal Worker and probably had the same salary.

So in 1994 he joins FOX NFL and makes bank, I wasn't aware they made that kind of money doing Fox NFL

I am sure he paid much less for the land Ranch, but that's a pretty good investment

https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/...287-af22682f-6245-4b2b-8ba3-9fc106908675
Posted By: Stub

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 11:33 AM

Always liked Bradshaw, good for him up
Posted By: Grit

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 11:50 AM

Throwing a ball pays good.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 11:55 AM

See him from time to time at Tom Thumb in Gainesville.

He didn't make money throwing a ball. NFL players in the '70's were famous not rich. He made money babbling incoherently on TV.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 12:22 PM

I have personal opinions about him and they are not good.

Let me say this, our interactions has nothing to do with football.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 12:29 PM

He is a good guy and played the game the way it was meant to be played. Good on him for making bank in his post playing days. Haters above are always gonna hate. He will always be a back up to Phil Robertson.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Grit

He didn't make jack actually playing ball, he made all his money once he moved into broadcasting. Redneck done good...

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

He didn't make jack actually playing ball, he made all his money once he moved into broadcasting. Redneck done good...

He was doing pretty good by the end of his NFL career. We're talking about a half century ago, lol. Yes, football back then was more about the game than about the money.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
He is a good guy and played the game the way it was meant to be played. Good on him for making bank in his post playing days. Haters above are always gonna hate. He will always be a back up to Phil Robertson.

+1. Buddy of mine in Shreveport played with them both. I've met Bradshaw and liked the guy. More power to him.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 01:27 PM

He was doing pretty good by the end of his NFL career. We're talking about a half century ago, lol. Yes, football back then was more about the game than about the money.

He moved in down the street from my parents house in the late 80's, less than 100K house in older part of Irving
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 01:39 PM

It had been for sale for years. I’m not 100% but I believe the last price was significantly less than $22mm
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 01:51 PM

My brother used to deliver his mail to his new ranch over around St. Jo before he quit... He seems to be a very down to earth kind of guy when he's seen out and about. He thought they had that ranch in Thackerville sold a few years ago and so he bought the one outside St Jo, then his buyers for the Thackerville ranch pulled out last second...thinking they were from Brazil for some reason.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:01 PM

I liked his goofy reality TV show. His family is pretty cool. Its retirement time, I think.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:03 PM

A SIL worked with Bradshaw to sell a Louisiana ranch years ago. Bradshaw signed a football for my Dad, who was a huge fan. I was at La Tech when Bradshaw played, and for a while we missed Phil Robertson, till all of a sudden Bradshaw was doing incredible things on the field. Tech was playing great football, and LSU back then dodged playing them.

And, my brother double dated with him once, and said he was an Ok guy.

That autographed football was a prized possession for my Dad, and he asked to be buried with it, but Mom forgot.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:04 PM

I may or may not have appraised the ranch for this sale. grin peep
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:05 PM

So this guy retired from football and lives like a retired Postal Worker and probably had the same salary.

So in 1994 he joins FOX NFL and makes bank, I wasn't aware they made that kind of money doing Fox NFL

I am sure he paid much less for the land Ranch, but that's a pretty good investment

Want to explain the retired postal worker comment? My 91 yr old Mom is a retired postal worker. She can't draw my Dad's SS because she was a civil servant at the post office. She lives very frugally so what it your point sir?
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex

Want to explain the retired postal worker comment? My 91 yr old Mom is a retired postal worker. She can't draw my Dad's SS because she was a civil servant at the post office. She lives very frugally so what it your point sir?

I took it that the post was implying that TB lives frugally; similarly to your mother - a retired postal worker. This is in contrast to living in opulence that some would expect of a retired professional athlete and broadcaster.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:13 PM

His point was NFL players from the 70's didn't make much money. Bradshaw probably had to live very frugally until he got a job as a broadcaster, and that's where he actually made his money.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:14 PM

Players from that era had to make money after their NFL career. Roger Staubach had a job during the off season. Made hundreds of millions in commercial real estate after he retired.

Good for Bradshaw
Posted By: upsslim

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
A SIL worked with Bradshaw to sell a Louisiana ranch years ago. Bradshaw signed a football for my Dad, who was a huge fan. I was at La Tech when Bradshaw played, and for a while we missed Phil Robertson, till all of a sudden Bradshaw was doing incredible things on the field. Tech was playing great football, and LSU back then dodged playing them.

And, my brother double dated with him once, and said he was an Ok guy.

That autographed football was a prized possession for my Dad, and he asked to be buried with it, but Mom forgot.

He lived at his Louisiana ranch during the off season. It was between Shreveport and Mansfield. When I was a package car driver for UPS I delivered to him. Super nice guy. If you didn't know better you would think he was a farmer not a Super Bowl winning quarterback.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:41 PM

He makes roughly $5 million a year. Fox pays him seven figures and he’s in a lot of commercials.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Superduty
I have personal opinions about him and they are not good.

Let me say this, our interactions has nothing to do with football.

nice to see blk549 back in action

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 02:55 PM

lighten up Francis

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 03:00 PM

RedRanger my apologies if that is what you meant.

He had a place just outside of Southlake and Trophy Club for a while and he did not live frugally back then.
Good guy though and did quite a bit locally.
That ranch was for sale a while back but his TV show delayed that sale I believe.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 03:01 PM

Hayraker my name is not Francis but I am lighter after losing some weight this past year. 5'6" 120 lbs, light enough for you?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 03:03 PM

He moved in down the street from my parents house in the late 80's, less than 100K house in older part of Irving

He may have moved his girlfriend into that house, Terry made very good money. especially for back then

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/0...s-the-second-highest-paid/4209381214800/

UPI ARCHIVES JAN. 30, 1982
The Pittsburgh Steelers' Terry Bradshaw was the second-highest paid...

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers' Terry Bradshaw was the second-highest paid quarterback of all time with a $470,000 contract in 1981, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said today.

https://www.steelersuk.com/history/seventies/1977/1977%20part%205.html

STEELERS SALARIES in 1977

Franco Harris $178,250; Joe Greene $150,00, Lynn Swann $137,000 and Jack Ham $105,000. Because of the way the survey was conducted,
it wasn’t possible to confirm Terry Bradshaw’s salary, but it was estimated to be in the region of $200,000.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 03:08 PM

Hayraker my name is not Francis but I am lighter after losing some weight this past year. 5'6" 120 lbs, light enough for you?

it's a line from the movie Stripes, funny movie. Congratulations on the weight loss.

5'6" 120 lbs, if you were a fish I'd throw you back (also a movie line from The Cowboys, couldn't resist)

I'm 5'6" 120 lbs soaking wet, but I'm wiry. How big an ol boy are you? - Roy D Mercer

anyway, I'm just hacking on you.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 03:15 PM

Always one in a crowd, trying to stir up issues

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 03:28 PM

Always one in a crowd, trying to stir up issues

I think he had a valid question. You have already been proved wrong.

Bradshaw's 1977 salary is equivalent to a little over 1mil today. In 1981 it is almost 1.5 mil.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 03:32 PM

I meet his ex wife at Vaquero. She was special, I see why they are divorced. She is special

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by #Hayraker

it's a line from the movie Stripes, funny movie. Congratulations on the weight loss.

5'6" 120 lbs, if you were a fish I'd throw you back (also a movie line from The Cowboys, couldn't resist)

I'm 5'6" 120 lbs soaking wet, but I'm wiry. How big an ol boy are you? - Roy D Mercer

anyway, I'm just hacking on you.

You must like big ol gals I guess, just hacking on you too.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 05:23 PM

grin

my apologies ma'am. I didn't realize I was conversing with the fairer sex.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
I meet his ex wife at Vaquero. She was special, I see why they are divorced. She is special

She must have never really gotten over bklt2….

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by #Hayraker
grin

my apologies ma'am. I didn't realize I was conversing with the fairer sex.

No harm, I figured as much hence the big gal comment, lol.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 06:25 PM

Talked to him several times in Waco at the horse shows. Was always friendly. He has made a bunch of money from movies and commercials. At the end of his career he was making some good money. If he lived frugally that was his choice. Came across as a good ok country boy.
Posted By: decook

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

I was wondering how this handle was going to come up

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 07:06 PM

Explains exactly why she is a man hating divorce lawyer.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 07:25 PM

LMAO.....!!!!
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 07:28 PM

Hope bklt2 is dealing with the death of his mother OK.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Hope bklt2 is dealing with the death of his mother OK.

Not trying to take away from the death of his momma, but feel maybe he's wanting to cool the hot seat he was in. Maybe if I'm gone long enough they'll forget about it?
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 08:01 PM

Tuff Hedeman's place is right down the road and it's for sale also. Not sure how much he made riding bulls but I remember when he bought his place and it was less than 1/10th of what he is asking for it now. Pretty good investment and place to live a high quality of life all in one.

https://www.land.com/property/77-acres-in-Erath-County-Texas/17027329

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by BigfootWallace
Tuff Hedeman's place is right down the road and it's for sale also. Not sure how much he made riding bulls but I remember when he bought his place and it was less than 1/10th of what he is asking for it now. Pretty good investment and place to live a high quality of life all in one.

I remember it being alot bigger, I sold all the pipe and metal for his horse sheds and pens. Probably best roping pen sprinkler set up Ive ever seen. Roped a few times out there.

First time I ever saw a spring up cattle guards was there.
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 08:40 PM

I remember it being alot bigger, I sold all the pipe and metal for his horse sheds and pens. Probably best roping pen sprinkler set up Ive ever seen. Roped a few times out there.

It's a nice place. I never would live on a highway or anywhere you can drive by and see my house though. I bet wherever he is going to is more private.

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 08:44 PM

It's a nice place. I never would live on a highway or anywhere you can drive by and see my house though. I bet wherever he is going to is more private.

20 years ago once out of stephenville its was pretty unpolluted, betting thats changed a ton, But I agree but running poles aint cheap
Posted By: Greg

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 09:50 PM

I remember him having a house out there. Vaquero is some place. Got to play golf out there about 10 years ago and it was first class all the way.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 11:40 PM

Probably moving to Frisco.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/08/23 11:45 PM

He used to live in Southlake at his Circle 12 ranch. His stables/arena were impressive. He had an office upstairs in the barn/ arena.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/09/23 12:53 AM

He has sponsored products, paid actor, written books, flipped airplanes and real estate, produced music. Dude has earned his money
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/09/23 02:00 AM

Had a friend who played for the Bulls & The Lakers in the 60, his name was Gary Alcorn and made $18k per year.
My how time have changed.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Terry Bradshaw Sells Ranch - 11/09/23 12:03 PM

As is all the land on both sides of the River up here. The casino made a huge difference and so did the swell in land grabbing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum