Texas Hunting Forum

New Loop around DFW

Posted By: FamousAmos

New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 06:50 PM

I was told TxDOT plans a new loop around the entirety of DFW.

Furthermore, the speaker said 1 out of 4 Texans will live within the loop in twenty-five years.

I need to move.
Posted By: TLew

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 07:00 PM

Yep but it's funky -- they are doing it in sections by county. Each section has a lot of adversity because it brings traffic where residents don't want it

https://burnsmcd.mysocialpinpoint.com/dentoncountyouterloop/home
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 07:02 PM

A wall would be better than a loop.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 07:08 PM

Where is the Wise county portion?
Those new roads take up a lot of land.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 07:38 PM

At least 15 years in the making. AKA Loop 9.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 07:49 PM

Someday even BigfootWallace will be in the Metroplex.
Posted By: Derek

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 07:52 PM

You can see them building this section of it in Ferris. Originally, I thought they were going to tie into the 287 bypass in Ennis and take it out from there.

https://ftp.txdot.gov/pub/txdot-info/dal/loop9.pdf
Posted By: MO

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 08:15 PM

They need to connect George Bush down to I 20.

MO
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 08:28 PM

They’re pouring it out here.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 08:29 PM

They did build a big loop, The Grand Parkway, around Houston. At quitting time, it’s The Grand Parking Lot. You can drop some $ on that toll road. I am so glad I’m out of that metro area.

When Houston and Dallas finally get so big, they should meet in the middle at about my place. I’ll be rich…and dead, by then.
Posted By: Guy

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 08:30 PM

I wish it was the good ol days with just loop 12.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I wish it was the good ol days with just loop 12.

And before the north and west part of Loop 820. Lost some good dove hunting.

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
They did build a big loop, The Grand Parkway, around Houston. At quitting time, it’s The Grand Parking Lot. You can drop some $ on that toll road. I am so glad I’m out of that metro area.

When Houston and Dallas finally get so big, they should meet in the middle at about my place. I’ll be rich…and dead, by then.

Texas will run out of water and electricity long before that happens. Things will work themselves out naturally once that occurs.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad

I laughed. roflmao
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:23 PM

The work on the new 287 interchange and I-20 will be going on for a decade. bang
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
The work on the new 287 interchange and I-20 will be going on for a decade. bang

The one connecting 287/20/820? That's supposed to be completed by 2027. Sucks right now, though...and it's making 30 back up, too. Hate driving to/from work.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Texas will run out of water and electricity long before that happens.

I don't know about the water though I think I agree. HOWEVER, you're wrong on electricity. You must not have heard about the Green New Deal! I mean that's pretty much saving Earth and societies as we speak. Isn't it? Isn't? Oh.
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:31 PM

[Linked Image]

I would off myself before "living" in anything that resembles DFW.

Life is too short. Especially if you "claim" to be an "outdoorsman"
roflmao

Trafficdoorsman is more like it.....
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:34 PM

As if we didn't know that already. Now telling us what you told us, never realized so many would want yout to move there. Never seen someone relish in what they bleive is the misguided lifestyles of others, never. Schadenfreude it is.

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

The one connecting 287/20/820? That's supposed to be completed by 2027. Sucks right now, though...and it's making 30 back up, too. Hate driving to/from work.

They're moving along with it pretty good. I'm surprised they started so quickly after the announcement. Off hours traveling through there isn't terrible. I have a lot of Dr appt's in the hospital district, so I try to schedule them accordingly.

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Texas will run out of water and electricity long before that happens.

I don't know about the water though I think I agree. HOWEVER, you're wrong on electricity. You must not have heard about the Green New Deal! I mean that's pretty much saving Earth and societies as we speak. Isn't it? Isn't? Oh.

The green new deal and 2.49 will get a small bag of chips roflmao
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/30/23 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

I go the back way home. Bowen to 303 to 820 to 30.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 12:21 AM

They need less roads not more. The less roads, the less people will move there. Turn them all back to dirt.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 12:46 AM

I’ve got a map of all of it in my files somewhere, we’ve got to do some of the demo mess and it’s going to piss off a lot of people eventually roflmao They always do but this one’s a massive project eating up lots of high dollar private property.

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by TLew
Yep but it's funky -- they are doing it in sections by county. Each section has a lot of adversity because it brings traffic where residents don't want it

Wow, I wasn't thinking it would be that far outside the metromess. That has to be a $Trillion-dollar project.
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 03:34 AM

One proposal for the Dallas North Tollway extension ran right through our hay field. Thank God they didn’t opt for that one.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 11:16 AM

I'm far enough north...for now.
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by TLew

Not to mention taking people's land. TXDOT only looks at the lowest cost route based on construction costs just like they are doing on the east side of McKinney. Rockwall County is proposing a bypass. I wonder if it is part of this outer loop. Last year I was talking with the owner of Brown's feed in Lampasas about how our farmland is disappearing under concrete.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 12:41 PM

Saw all this coming - that’s why I jumped at the chance to homestead in the middle of lake Ray Roberts peninsula - won’t stop ‘em ( like they did the little Elm bridge over Lake Lewisville) but should slow’em down long enough to run out whatever years I have left.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: New Loop around DFW - 10/31/23 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad

Yeah, Palo Pinto County has 28,000 residents. That ain't exactly rural.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum