Texas Hunting Forum

Really like my tractor

Posted By: deerfeeder

Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 10:08 PM

Have had it for years and love the daylights out of working it. I guess the treat is you can see what you have accomplished when you are done. I'll find excuses to go and putz around on it.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 10:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PMK

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 10:37 PM

yep, agree ... one of my happy places
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 10:39 PM

worthless
Posted By: TDK

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 10:49 PM

I concur. My smile was even bigger when the skid steer came into the picture. Tractor still has its place though.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 11:26 PM

Like my tractor too. Picked it up second hand from a client of mine.

Took it down to Daytona beach for spring break and picked up 12 honeys in the bucket. Ended up dumping them off on the strip and met Britney Spears at a bar. Went back to her house and gave it to her so good she went crazy.

After that, I low geared it to Panama City where I got in a shootout with Miami drug runners, killed all 5 of them and set their boat on fire.

On the way home I ended up writing a song I called “home sweet home” which I sold to some bum named Vince Neil for a pack of camels and a Pabst…best time of my life, take my word for it ain’t got no pictures
Posted By: Greg

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
I guess the treat is you can see what you have accomplished when you are done.

Agree. Something almost therapeutic about brush-hogging/cleaning out an area with a tractor.
cheers
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Greg
Originally Posted by deerfeeder
I guess the treat is you can see what you have accomplished when you are done.

Agree. Something almost therapeutic about brush-hogging/cleaning out an area with a tractor.
cheers

Absolutely. I suspect that we all feel that way.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Took it down to Daytona beach for spring break and picked up 12 honeys in the bucket. Ended up dumping them off on the strip and met Britney Spears at a bar. Went back to her house and gave it to her so good she went crazy.

After that, I low geared it to Panama City where I got in a shootout with Miami drug runners, killed all 5 of them and set their boat on fire.

On the way home I ended up writing a song I called “home sweet home” which I sold to some bum named Vince Neil for a pack of camels and a Pabst…best time of my life, take my word for it ain’t got no pictures

blkt2????? Is that you? roflmao
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Greg

blkt2????? Is that you? roflmao

You Win.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/19/23 11:46 PM

YOU THA MAN flehan
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 12:13 AM

I like my tractors because when I'm on them (or around them), I need to give what I'm doing 100% of my attention. They have the ability to rip my legs off and beat me to death with them if my mind is elsewhere.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 12:51 AM

I was going to share.

But "file too big" rolleyes
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:00 AM

I don’t care much about sitting on any type of equipment any more but I do enjoy seeing the finished product.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:07 AM

I spend a lot of time on mine. 250 acres of plowing, dragging and mowing sunflower fields, moving hay and feeding cows, unloading pallets of feed, fixing and maintaining roads, mowing ditches and senderos. I also enjoy my time on the tractor.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:28 AM

27 years old and still going strong.

Put in about 6 hours on it just today.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:30 AM

Must be true, she is a crazy B

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:33 AM

I too enjoy sticking in the ear plugs for some quiet time and being alone with my thoughts. Tractor or mower both enjoyable.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
27 years old and still going strong.

Put in about 6 hours on it just today.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

can't beat Kubota.
We've had our m6800 since new, 03 with a la1002 loader. No major mechanical issues, just some hydraulic hoses and routine maintenance.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 11:04 AM

Tractors and chainsaws are my happy place. Just added a grapple bucket and 3rd function hydraulics, that will make you lazy, so easy to grab brush without leaving the seat. [Linked Image]
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 11:24 AM

You guys have not sat in the seat of them long enough.

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra

I haven’t but from what I have I’m ready to give it a little more… some of you who have spent more time in a tractor haven’t spent enough time at a desk!

Have a couple friends looks like they are slowly moving back and taking over the family farm. I’m jealous! They seem plenty happy as well.

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
Tractors and chainsaws are my happy place. Just added a grapple bucket and 3rd function hydraulics, that will make you lazy, so easy to grab brush without leaving the seat. [Linked Image]

You are probably dang near in my backyard.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:43 PM

I love tractor time. Heck, I love all those kinds of menial tasks...cutting the grass, washing the truck, or just mowing the pasture.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:43 PM

is that a 4320?
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:45 PM

I've got hay ground that has old hog damage.

After you cover that ground three times, you're definitely ready to be off the tractor. Fortunately I am in a cab tractor.

I don't really get tired of operating the skid steer though. Kubota SVL-95.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 01:54 PM

I was on my new MX5400 yesterday, mowing. Got more to do today, and some grappling. I really like this tractor, and it’s the first one that will do pretty much all I need to do. And the HST is easy on my less than perfect left knee. It does use up that diesel fuel though.

JG’s mention of hog damage reminds me that I need to hook up the tiller to flatten some hog damage. I already killed the hog, but still have to clean up after him.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 03:20 PM

I get it. ROFLMAO!!!

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 03:35 PM

Those are cute!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Espy

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 03:58 PM

Just got back from Waco to pick up a rear hydraulic disconnect for the John Deere call yesterday and they had one in stock. Now they can’t find it. Now on the way to Temple. realmad was feeding this morning had to get off tractor 8 times to open gates. Driving the tractor is ok but give me my side by side any day.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.

I've got hay ground that has old hog damage.

After you cover that ground three times, you're definitely ready to be off the tractor. Fortunately I am in a cab tractor.

I don't really get tired of operating the skid steer though. Kubota SVL-95.

A cab makes it nice. Especially when you're brushhogging 45 acres and run over a ground hornet nest.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Those are cute!

[Linked Image]

I drove this one for 12 hours a day after harvest.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 06:56 PM

Bigfoot Wallace is going to swing by and call you all a bunch of cul-de-sac loving city boys. He can't spell cul-de-sac though so just humor him.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Those are cute!

[Linked Image]

I'd have to do a bunch of tractor work with my Kubota for that to even be able to get around my place bolt
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country

JG’s mention of hog damage reminds me that I need to hook up the tiller to flatten some hog damage. I already killed the hog, but still have to clean up after him.

^^^^

Tell me about it. Never ending battle on my property.

Zero Turn mower in pic for 'scale' of the rooting they do.

[Linked Image]

Took out another 4 last Monday evening....but they'll just make more.

[Linked Image]

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/20/23 11:01 PM

I'd take a tractor driving job for day wages in a heart beat.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/21/23 04:17 PM

Spent a lot of time in one this week.. Autosteer is nice-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/21/23 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by T Bone
Spent a lot of time in one this week.. Autosteer is nice-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Would love to drive one of those. Mine is a pretty weathered Mahindra 59 horse, but it has done everything I have asked it to do. Might not be real quick, or take a couple or three passes, but it works. Between the bucket and the box blade it gets a lot of work done for me.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/21/23 10:35 PM

Deerfeeder, our little 45hp hydro is the hands down favorite for me.. Agile, sips fuel and it’ll stack/load hay all day long.. And it’s been the most reliable tractor we’ve had, much more than the 200-300hp red & green ones.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/22/23 10:31 AM

is that a 4320?

No., a 3025. A bit too light for the stuff I do but a serious little workhorse. Bought it new maybe 4 years ago and have almost 1300 hrs on it.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/22/23 10:56 AM

My Dad has a JD3XXX he got in the mid-2000's. Perfect for his > 5 acres.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Really like my tractor - 10/22/23 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by J.G.
I was going to share.

But "file too big" rolleyes

When that happens to me with my iphone, I do a “screen shot”, crop it, and upload that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum