Texas Hunting Forum

tractor tire

Posted By: huntindude

tractor tire - 08/18/23 06:17 PM

A buddy of mine ran over a pipe. The pipe put a 2"+ gash (rounded pipe shape) through the tire. Flat guy said couldn't fix it. What does the THF pros think? Will post pic if I get one. 16X9-28 rear tractor tire. Ag treads.
Thanks
Posted By: cm250

Re: tractor tire - 08/18/23 06:24 PM

Tubeless, no way. If it has a tube, might be able to replace tube and use a heavy duty boot, but will always be a week spot for future issues. Would be best to replace tire. Just my 2cents confused2
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: tractor tire - 08/18/23 06:28 PM

I am far from an expert on the subject, but a 2" pipe shaped gash in a tire? Who would think that is fixable?
Posted By: Stompy

Re: tractor tire - 08/18/23 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by cm250
Tubeless, no way. If it has a tube, might be able to replace tube and use a heavy duty boot, but will always be a week spot for future issues. Would be best to replace tire. Just my 2cents confused2

Agree
Posted By: huntindude

Re: tractor tire - 08/18/23 06:50 PM

Thought so thanks.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: tractor tire - 08/18/23 08:31 PM

Yep cm250 nailed it, The tractor i drive is an old 6310 JD, we have tube tire's on the back, it will have a weak spot, but tubless dont think a chance, Just my 2cents
Posted By: angus1956

Re: tractor tire - 08/19/23 12:27 AM

Time to pay the man $$$.
Posted By: machinist

Re: tractor tire - 08/20/23 01:05 AM

Take it to a recapper they can fix it. We had a tire dealership in the VW place I worked at in Big Spring. Bandag could do miracles with earth mover and tractor tires.
Posted By: HWY72

Re: tractor tire - 08/20/23 01:45 AM

Probably can be repaired. I ran over an antler shed 2 years ago and the G2 and G3 both punctured the rear tire. I took it to Bass tire in San Antonio and they were able to repair it. I'm not sure of the exact process, but they heat it up and somehow meld rubber to the tire to patch it. You just need to call around to find the right place in your area. Can't say it was cheap at $200+ but it was a heck of a lot cheaper than a new tire.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: tractor tire - 08/20/23 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
Time to pay the man $$$.

I looked to see how much tractor tires were a while back flame. I`m going to be more careful when I shred at my deer lease next month.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum