Texas Hunting Forum

Still positive after 10 days

Posted By: nak

Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 08:59 PM

Got sick on 20th. Tested positive on the 21st and got the 5-day RX.
Fever has been gone for 6 days, but I still have the cough, runny nose, and a headache most of the time.

I'm supposed to be on a client's site on Tuesday, but I guess that is not happening.

Tried multiple bands of covid test and they are all positive (wife's work kept sending them home with her).

Anybody else tested positive this long? If so, how long did it take to test clear?
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:02 PM

Did you take the clot shot?
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:09 PM

I haven't heard of anyone getting Corona in months.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:29 PM

Nope. I’m a pure blood. Caught it once and was sick for about 6 days. Never had to worry about it since.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Nope. I’m a pure blood. Caught it once and was sick for about 6 days. Never had to worry about it since.

Same. up

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:34 PM

Covid was the flu............total lie to make people take a shot................I want to know if this guy took the clot shot

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:35 PM

We all need to practice Whoa more.

LMAO..............shouldnt have taken that shot and swab of your brain ..............should have yelled whoa. LOL
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:36 PM

Quit taking tests and you won't have to worry about it. Don't think I've ever taken a second test after an initial positive since there is no point.

FWIW, the guidelines are different now....you don't have to isolate after 5 days as long as you aren't having fever. I'd go on with your life.

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:37 PM

Just think of all the DNA the govts got with all those brain swabs
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:41 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 09:55 PM

Yeah, it is t uncommon to test pisitive for weeks to months after getting it. Dont go by testing, go by sympto
S and fever. No fever for 24hrs (without tylenol or ibuprofen) and symptoms getting better, good to go.

But i agree, why are you testing to begin with? Test once if you really want to (if you want treatment) but it doesnt matter what the test says after that, get on with life.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 10:42 PM

You should probably ask a real doctor rather than internet virologists.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 10:47 PM

Those "free" tests may be giving back to you.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 11:14 PM

Just don’t. Don’t test, don’t talk about it, don’t miss work.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 11:21 PM

Get to feeling better.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 11:30 PM

I knew people 2-3 years ago that had it for two weeks or longer. I haven't heard about that happening lately. I think two of my coworkers had it in February.
Posted By: presley

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/30/23 11:52 PM

My doctor told me they quit re testing after treatment a long time ago. Too many false positives. I think someone already mentioned being clear of no treated fever as the benchmark. If you still fell bad bad have a fever , stay home.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 12:02 AM

Our government isn't giving up on this.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cdc-precipice-recommending-annual-covid-19-shots

And naturally.....CNN is heling them.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cnn-still-pushing-covid-fear-2023
Posted By: nak

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 12:40 AM

Got jabbed in the original round, primarily due to the wife's job. No booster.

Still have the symptoms, except the fever...but they are much milder than I had the first three days. There are times I still get chilled, so maybe a low grade fever is still popping up. I get winded walking around the house. Tied to use the string trimmer for 15 min yesterday and got week in the knees.

I'm testing because I am supposed to be in a client's corporate office to start an audit Tuesday morning at 7:30. Our company policy is to follow the clients policy on this. Client knows I was sick (original audit was supposed to start last Monday). I'm told that is clear of fever and other symptoms for three days or two consecutive negative tests.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 12:52 AM

Nak, my wife and I both had it early last fall. Fever for three days. Both of us had night sweats for a week or so after the fever broke. Two to three weeks after that to get my wind back and I am pretty fit. I am unvaxed but what you describe is not unheard of. Covid seems to affect different people differently. Sounds like you are on the mend. Don’t over do it till you get your wind back.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by nak
Got jabbed in the original round, primarily due to the wife's job. No booster.

Still have the symptoms, except the fever...but they are much milder than I had the first three days. There are times I still get chilled, so maybe a low grade fever is still popping up. I get winded walking around the house. Tied to use the string trimmer for 15 min yesterday and got week in the knees.

I'm testing because I am supposed to be in a client's corporate office to start an audit Tuesday morning at 7:30. Our company policy is to follow the clients policy on this. Client knows I was sick (original audit was supposed to start last Monday). I'm told that is clear of fever and other symptoms for three days or two consecutive negative tests.

Are you taking zinc and D? When my wife got covid, I loaded up on zinc and vitamin D. I never tested positive and never felt sick. I also never got the jab.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 01:16 AM

It’s back in these parts. Also lots of sinus crap due to African dust in the air etc.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 01:30 AM

Ivermectin works, period.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 03:10 AM

I've had Covid exactly once. It was about 6 months ago actually.

Took me right at 30 days to get over the worst of it....another 2 weeks to be able to say I felt nearly all better. My Doctor says I had 'Long Covid'.

I had taken ONE pfhizer shot way back when the Omicron version of Covid was going around. Had a VERY bad reaction to it. Didn't take any more 'jabs'. Wife had no issues with any of her 3 shots.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Ivermectin works, period.

I was exposed to Covid (and got it) when my brother was here visiting. He called and said he tested positive but I was already feeling bad and suspected as much. I went got tested, came up positive.

I was 6 weeks getting over mine.

Brother had ivermectin that he was able to get for himself and wife earlier. Took his dosage and was perfectly fine in 3 DAYS!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 03:39 AM

Probably going to have to deal with being sick the rest of your life until you die..

Drink lots of liquids and eat right good luck Dr. NORML, out.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 07/31/23 04:35 AM

It is what it is. Everybody is different. I do think if you are compromised re; FATAZZ like me and OLDAZZ like me, it can be harder, just like most colds and flu's.

Hope you feel better, it does suk no matter what you call it.

BIL, that's what's got my allergies all plugged up, damm African dust bang
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 08/01/23 12:45 AM

I haven't changed my opinion or my habits one bit since I started playing golf. That was October 2019 when the first dumb stories starting coming out. No one cared much then.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 08/01/23 03:51 AM

Why is this still a topic? Do we start a new thread every time we catch the cold?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 08/01/23 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Why is this still a topic? Do we start a new thread every time we catch the cold?

dead_horse
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Still positive after 10 days - 08/01/23 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by Sneaky

dead_horse

You finally got something right, Buzz. Congratulations.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum