Texas Hunting Forum

Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 11:18 AM

Looking for 2-3 places to get a pretty comprehensive water test done. Have city water, well water, a small creek, and larger creek on the property.

Wanting pretty much standard stuff on the well and city water. Looking to plumb the well into the house if it tests ok. Also curious how city water tests.

For the creeks looking at pollutants mostly. The larger of the two creeks runs through an industrial district which they are rapidly expanding so I want to get a baseline before the expansion really gets going.

Anyone know who I should contact to get the tests done. Looking for 2-3 independent labs so I can compare results.

Any help/links appreciated.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 12:35 PM

I have used Servi Tech in Amarillo and LCRA in Austin. Both did a good job.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 12:54 PM

A&M is the best IMO
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
A&M is the best IMO
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 01:49 PM

If you need to discuss your water issue call Ken Brawley (owner) Texoma Water Systems 903 818 9975. That's who installed our system and he's very knowledgeable and a straight shooter.
Posted By: nak

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 01:52 PM

There is water and there is water. You are talking about two different types of testing here.

For the wells and city water, if you want something beyond "We will test for free, just to sell you a bunch of water filters" then it is doing to cost a few dollars.
The entire history of your public water system analysis is available online, I would save the money and just reference it, then spend you $$ on your well.

Go to this page Search and find your system. AT the top there will be a bunch of links. One of those will take you to the lab test results

Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is a great source

There are two schools on your well testing. The predominate one says disinfect it first, pump the hell out of it after the disinfection waiting period, then let it set a few days, then test. This gives you a realistic idea what the well would be like in continual use.
The other school is to test the well without disinfection for pumping it down. This is more of a test for surface contamitiona because your wellhead is not sealed.

How to disinfect your well https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/drinking-water/preparedness-resources/gi-433.pdf

List of labs that meet TCEQ standards TCEQ approved labs
How to sample you well Sampling for bacterial testing

For the creeks. If you are worried about ag and industrial pollution, and you have any thoughts about taking actions about current or future pollution in the creeks, you may want to use an EPA approved lab. Testing for chemicals and metals is going to be more expensive than the well testing.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 02:35 PM

Do you know how deep the well is?

http://soiltesting.tamu.edu/files/waterweb1.pdf

http://soiltesting.tamu.edu/

**Note that A&M doesn't test for 'fitness for HUMAN consumption', only for livestock,irrigation
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/16/23 02:39 PM

I worked at TTI in Arlington in college. I trust them. They tested my well last year.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/17/23 06:29 PM

In business, we used Ecolabs in Garland.

https://www.ecolab.com/
Posted By: Franklin517

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/17/23 06:38 PM

The Tarrant county health department should be able to handle all of those tests. The lab is in downtown Fort Worth.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Need to get some water tested…2-3 labs - 07/17/23 06:58 PM

Thanks everyone up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum