Texas Hunting Forum

Biggest hail I have ever seen

Posted By: bobcat1

Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:29 AM

I'm not a little handed guy. Sanger, TX. I bet Droptine is licking his chops.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:32 AM

Dang
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:34 AM

Guess you don't need to worry about the yellow leaves on your tomatoes anymore! confused2

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by oldoak2000
Guess you don't need to worry about the yellow leaves on your tomatoes anymore! confused2

roflmao
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:54 AM

We had hail like that in April 2016 in Helotes
It was going through windows and ripping cars to pieces.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:58 AM

Dang Bobby, that will leave a mark.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 04:13 AM

That’s crazy big!!! You’ll have a lot of damage when the sun rises unfortunately.

We had the wildest lighting I’ve ever seen and it lasted for well over an hour. Wild storms tonight,
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 04:20 AM

Did any come through the roof?
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 05:55 AM

Supposedly fell near Sanger this evening.
[Linked Image]

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Did any come through the roof?

Don't know yet. I'll check it out at daylight. Nothing leaked for sure.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 10:46 AM

Wow.....that is a Big One!!!

Waiting on daylight here to see if we had any damage. 4th hail storm in 3 days. It was a wild night.

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 11:23 AM

Looks like I got really lucky. No damage I can see. Not one dent on my pickup. (That's because it's a Ford CCBIRDDOGMAN. LOL)

This was a weird storm as far as hail goes. I only heard about 15 hits and most of those was on my back porch that has a metal roof. I only saw about 3-4 total in my yard. They were just big.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
[Linked Image]

Wonder how much livestock and crop damage has occurred with all these storms?
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 11:43 AM

Dang, that's some really bad hail.
We lost power around midnight and they don't have an estimated restoration time. Just checked and between Gregg and Harrison county there are over 72K outages. This is going to take a few hours to sort out.
Got the generator rocking and washing the power thru our UPS back up systems. Mom's got to have her TV and Coffee, must have Coffee.

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 11:56 AM

[Linked Image]

That was up the road from us a little
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 01:01 PM

I saw softball sized in the late 70s. Someone was killed by it at Mayfest that year. My buddy had it come THROUGH the roof and into his house.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:21 PM

[Linked Image]

Damn, those are bombs! I watch that storm last night, it was north of me, and was a blob of red on radar and stayed north of the metromess and traveled East, South East across Texas all night, probably dropping hail bombs all the way.

All these hail storms are just goanna drive up insurance cost.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:39 PM

These storms are weird. It's almost like I got hail and my next-door neighbor didn't.

freeky storms
Posted By: jskin

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 03:45 PM

I’m in Van Alstyne, we got some hail and high winds. Wind damage looks like it may be tornado related. My truck has about 15-20 dings in it. I’m assuming close to golf ball sized hail. There just wasn’t much of the big stuff, very sporadic
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 04:12 PM

Saw hail storm in Denver area end of Aug ' 91 size of softballs and went through roofs and through cars. Gapping holes.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by jskin
I’m in Van Alstyne, we got some hail and high winds. Wind damage looks like it may be tornado related. My truck has about 15-20 dings in it. I’m assuming close to golf ball sized hail. There just wasn’t much of the big stuff, very sporadic

I believe you did have tornado activity. Hard to tell in the dark. Weather people will be out to determine if it was a tornado.

Damage is damage, so, it really doesn't matter.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 05:05 PM

There has been more hail this year than I remember in the last 10 combined.

Saw pics of baseball size between Joshua and Burleson earlier in the week.

The tornado at Perryton decimated that town yesterday. Bad stuff all around.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 05:15 PM

Sunday night here in Flower Mound, we started with marble size, it stopped after 4-5 minutes, then started up again as golf ball with the occasional racquet ball to tennis ball sized mixed in. Lasted about 3-5 minutes as well. I understand that just 2-3 miles NW of us towards Double Oak, they got 10 minutes straight of only baseball or bigger hail causing much damage. My two kids took a few dings on their car roofs and 1-2 on the hood but not enough to even worry about filing a claim as it won't meet deductible.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 05:24 PM

We had real high winds last night and lost power a couple of times just for a couple of minutes but no rain or hail this time. I found a 2x2 section of shingles on the back porch last night and this morning saw another section with shingles standing up. I guess I need to call the man
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 05:57 PM

We got lucky and didn’t have any damage. Just the annoying sized limbs that are too small to pick up with the tractor and too big to just run over with the lawn mower. Hailed for probably 15 minutes but didn’t do any damage. Winds were nuts as was the lightning. No power for about two hours and internet has been out 12 plus.

I hear Canton and East got walloped pretty good with baseball sized hail 80+ mph winds if not a couple brief spin up tornadoes.

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
All these hail storms are just goanna drive up insurance cost.

Yep, does every single time. I'm not making another claim until these shingles Droptine put on a year and a half or so ago are gone.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 06:38 PM

[Linked Image]

We need a new term for that size hail. He says DVD size, I think cannon ball size is better.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/16/23 07:14 PM

I’d like to see the damage hail that size actually cause. It has to be catastrophic,
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Biggest hail I have ever seen - 06/18/23 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Sunday night here in Flower Mound, we started with marble size, it stopped after 4-5 minutes, then started up again as golf ball with the occasional racquet ball to tennis ball sized mixed in. Lasted about 3-5 minutes as well. I understand that just 2-3 miles NW of us towards Double Oak, they got 10 minutes straight of only baseball or bigger hail causing much damage. My two kids took a few dings on their car roofs and 1-2 on the hood but not enough to even worry about filing a claim as it won't meet deductible.

I've inspected several homes in Double Oak, Copper Canyon and Flower Mound areas and it was some nasty hail. Solar panels even got trashed!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum