Texas Hunting Forum

When will people learn?

Posted By: ntxtrapper

When will people learn? - 04/15/23 08:29 PM

“A Minnesota man has died after being attacked by dogs he was watching for a family member, police said.The victim did not own the dogs -- identified by police as American pit bull terriers -- but had been taking care of them at his home for a family member, police said.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-dies-after-attack-dogs-pet-sitting-family/story?id=98595283
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 08:36 PM

But they look cool, man.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 08:52 PM

Screw Pitbulls! realmad
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 08:52 PM

Cue blkt2 to tell us how gentle they are in 3, 2, 1....
Posted By: Sauerkraut

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 08:54 PM

I love my dogs, but that’s a breed that should no longer exist in my opinion.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 08:55 PM

Poor dogs get treated like chit, they used to feed them gunpowder to make them meaner or crazier for fighting.

Years ago I used to buy houses, sometimes we would go to Fort Worth Stop 6 area, which is the ghetto of Fort Worth.

We would find those dope house with a dog inside always a pit, and they would only have one small slot to sell the dope I assume crack.

They would just leave the dogs in there to die or whatever once they moved on to start another drug house.

Some are sweet, some are crazy, my uncle had one that lived to be 24 years old, was like his kid he attacked a guy one time but he already had all his teeth gone.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Poor dogs get treated like chit, they used to feed them gunpowder to make them meaner or crazier for fighting.

Years ago I used to buy houses, sometimes we would go to Fort Worth Stop 6 area, which is the ghetto of Fort Worth.

We would find those dope house with a dog inside always a pit, and they would only have one small slot to sell the dope I assume crack.

They would just leave the dogs in there to die or whatever once they moved on to start another drug house.

Some are sweet, some are crazy, my uncle had one that lived to be 24 years old, was like his kid he attacked a guy one time but he already had all his teeth gone.

confused2
Posted By: nak

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 09:32 PM

The dogs have been quarantined pending a dangerous dog evaluation, police said.

WT_?
Posted By: Stub

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 10:33 PM

I would not have one, nor would I have a Chow.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

What's wrong with chows?
My aunt and uncle used to have 1. Sweet dog.
Heck of alot of hair.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
...which is the ghetto of Fort Worth.

one of them, at least

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

What's wrong with chows?
Heck of alot of hair.

We had two of them growing up, both psycho's and they stink! Something about them coming towards you with those beady little eyes poking through their facial hair always making that grunting noise.
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: When will people learn? - 04/15/23 11:35 PM

The last time a post on this topic came up a member came on and defended the breed for about five pages into the thread. Expecting the same here.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 12:21 AM

Owning a pit bull strokes your ego and elevates you above everyone else who doesn’t own one.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 12:24 AM

Yep.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Owning a pit bull strokes your ego and elevates you above everyone else who doesn’t own one.

Kind of like owning a PowerStroke.

bolt
Posted By: Marc K

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 01:05 AM

bolt

clap
Posted By: Davis300

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:27 AM

Particular breed should be eliminated from the gene pool.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:42 AM

Pitbulls are the worst breed ever. Pitbull owners are the worst owners ever.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

They are just a dog but they happen to be super strong and when things do go down it goes down pretty badly. I have one now but he is not aggressive enough for my taste; he has zero aggression and it is kind of a disappointment. I prefer a meaner dog that I can train. I can train an aggressive dog not to attack you but I can not train a non-aggressive one to attack without being abusive to it.

Pulled up a picture of the man killed and he looks just like I was expecting him to look.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by 71Rcode
The last time a post on this topic came up a member came on and defended the breed for about five pages into the thread. Expecting the same here.

That was me and I was not happy with the people who were calling for them to be shot on sight and said that they should use better discrimination and only shoot ones that were causing problems.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 03:19 AM

I don’t consider them dogs. Even wild animals typically run from humans. Pit Bulls are born killers so I treat them as such.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I don’t consider them dogs. Even wild animals typically run from humans. Pit Bulls are born killers so I treat them as such.

Humans are also born killers; we are all typing on something called the Texas hunting forum.....

You have even been in the profession of hunting men but it is unlikely that you had to kill many or any of them.

My dad was a killer and that is what drove him out of law enforcement.

At one point under the law Indians and the Chinese in the US and it's territories were not considered human and killing them was encouraged.

I am just needling you and perfectly understand the difference between types of killing.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 03:34 AM

What's wrong with chows?
Heck of alot of hair.

We had two of them growing up, both psycho's and they stink! Something about them coming towards you with those beady little eyes poking through their facial hair always making that grunting noise.

You probably wouldn't like my Akbash then. At least he's gonna be big. The hair/coat is already a PITA.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by blkt2
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Humans are also born killers; we are all typing on something called the Texas hunting forum.....

You have even been in the profession of hunting men but it is unlikely that you had to kill many or any of them.

My dad was a killer and that is what drove him out of law enforcement.

I am just needling you and perfectly understand the difference between types of killing.

Not all humans are born human killers. That’s the difference. The FedEx guy drove into my ranch today because he was lost. I helped him find his delivery location. If a pit bull came onto my ranch, I’m in a deadly force encounter.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 04:08 AM

Worst dogs ever
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 05:12 AM

It’s amazing how much they F! Nearly every dog at the pound, has pit in it

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
It’s amazing how much they F! Nearly every dog at the pound, has pit in it

That’s because the dirt bags who have them won’t pay to have them fixed.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder

What's wrong with chows?
Heck of alot of hair.

You probably wouldn't like my Akbash then. At least he's gonna be big. The hair/coat is already a PITA.

I have nothing against hairy dogs, but the chows we had their hair was so dense and matted up real easy, when you pet them and smell your hands they would be stinky.

Had to look up an Akbash, good looking breed and would probably enjoy having one, their coat looks a lot like my mutts.

Akbash

[Linked Image]

My hairy mutt that sheds a lot, he never smells bad/ no stinky with him!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 11:12 AM

They are just a dog but they happen to be super strong and when things do go down it goes down pretty badly. I have one now but he is not aggressive enough for my taste; he has zero aggression and it is kind of a disappointment. I prefer a meaner dog that I can train. I can train an aggressive dog not to attack you but I can not train a non-aggressive one to attack without being abusive to it.

Pulled up a picture of the man killed and he looks just like I was expecting him to look.

This is the exact thinking of every pit owner that has been killed or mauled. “My pit is different”. The fact is, there are a lot of dead and disfigured people, including children, at the hands of a pitbull. My wife has life long scars from a pitbull and i get tired of hearing crap about how bad dogs are made. No, its no different than trying to make a gorilla, alligator, great white a pet, at some point their nature is gonna kick in and some idiot or innocent bystander is gonna pay the price because the owner thought “you can train an aggressive animal not to attack”. Right…..
Posted By: D.O.C.989

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 12:38 PM

A well place 115 FMJ placed at eye level and slightly above will calm any pitbull down quickly. I have never seen it fail.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by jeepercreeper

This is the exact thinking of every pit owner that has been killed or mauled. “My pit is different”. The fact is, there are a lot of dead and disfigured people, including children, at the hands of a pitbull. My wife has life long scars from a pitbull and i get tired of hearing crap about how bad dogs are made. No, its no different than trying to make a gorilla, alligator, great white a pet, at some point their nature is gonna kick in and some idiot or innocent bystander is gonna pay the price because the owner thought “you can train an aggressive animal not to attack”. Right…..

I have somehow managed it for going on 35 years. I never set out to own a pitbull and thought that the dog I have now was a Lab and Ridgeback mix when I got him but a DNA test showed otherwise. He is a submissive and came from an abusive environment. I have owned many of what are considered aggressive breeds and the only people or thing that they ever attacked were people or things I directed them to attack. The most aggressive dog I ever owned was not even a pit, she was a chocolate lab American bull dog mix that I got from a board member. For the most part the dogs I have owned in my life are ones that have come to me and I just keep what I find. My pit has his head in my lap as I am typing this.
Posted By: CoyoteHill

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 01:18 PM

Reading the comments of pitbulls are bad, must be destroyed on site is the same as anti gunners saying guns are bad, must be taking away and destroyed. Same freaking attitude. If you don't like pitties, don't get one or don't go around one. I fully understand if you're out somewhere and any breed of dog is aggressive that you have reason to protect yourself. I personally shot a pit mix years ago that charged my wife in our yard. They are like people, some good, some evil. I never thought I'd own a pit until I rescued a puppy from dying and Embark says she's 63.4% pit. My chocolate Lab has snapped at and growled at more people than the pittie has. She chases off the coyotes from the house. She's great protection for my wife when I'm gone. And she's the most affectionate dog out of the 3 that I have.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteHill
Reading the comments of pitbulls are bad, must be destroyed on site is the same as anti gunners saying guns are bad, must be taking away and destroyed. Same freaking attitude. If you don't like pitties, don't get one or don't go around one. I fully understand if you're out somewhere and any breed of dog is aggressive that you have reason to protect yourself. I personally shot a pit mix years ago that charged my wife in our yard. They are like people, some good, some evil. I never thought I'd own a pit until I rescued a puppy from dying and Embark says she's 63.4% pit. My chocolate Lab has snapped at and growled at more people than the pittie has. She chases off the coyotes from the house. She's great protection for my wife when I'm gone. And she's the most affectionate dog out of the 3 that I have.

I brought that issue up in a previous thread and was told that guns aren't capable of independent action so they're much different. When I see people whining and crying about how dangerous something is I just envisione parents putting knee pads and helmets on their kids before they go outside or some Karen coughing and gagging saying she's dying from secondhand smoke because a person walked by her on the sidewalk with a cigarette in their hand.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:26 PM

I just try to expose the hypocrisy when someone makes a blanket statement like, "this happen so let's kill or get rid of them all!" The list of things we encounter daily that makes our lives easier or better and at the same time easily can kill us is way too long to list.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:27 PM

They're all darlings right up until they eat someone's face off.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Funny, I used to say the exact same thing about my dominatrix girlfriend.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:30 PM

I love dogs.

The pit bull is a breed I will never trust, and will never turn my back on. There is plenty of evidence to support that stance.

For every person telling a story of a sweet and gentle pit bull they owned, there are twice as many (or more) stories of pit bulls harming and/or killing animals and people.

It's just math.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:34 PM

^^^ I am pretty sure that you only hear the bad stories because bad news is what news is. There are hundreds of thousands of good stories every single day that don't go reported.

I once didn't have to kill 4 men who were coming after me because my chocolate lab American bulldog mix took care of the problem faster than I could. Had I been alone there would have been 4 men dead in the street. She bit one guys finger off and I took it with me when I got out of there. It is a really funny story if you ever want to hear it.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:36 PM

What's the math on people driving drunk, fatalities caused by drinking? Lives lost, bodies maimed.....yet we have a thread on here "what are we drinking?" For every person who has a good time drinking, there are just as many lives destroyed by it.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteHill
What's the math on people driving drunk, fatalities caused by drinking? Lives lost, bodies maimed.....yet we have a thread on here "what are we drinking?" For every person who has a good time drinking, there are just as many lives destroyed by it.

More are killed from looking at their phone. Who's going to give up their phone?

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:43 PM

AMEN to that, J.G!
Posted By: Longhorn74

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:51 PM

I have no use for pits! Years ago my neighbor behind me had a pair of those mutts. It all came to a head when the damn things ate a hole through our wooden fence and the dogs tried to get to my two year old daughter. I brought out my browning high power to put a bullet into both of those mutts. After the police got to my house and had a come to Jesus meeting with that neighbor, the mutts disappeared. Good thing because they were about to eat all 13 rounds!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 02:53 PM

Blk argues for sport. Ignore is the best thing you can do.
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 03:02 PM

Our 11 year old rescue is 1/4 pit 1/4 rottweiler and 1/2 chow. (according to the doggy DNA test). He came from the mean streets of Irving with bad mange. I grew up with chows but I don't/ won't defend the breed nor do I care for pits.

Our dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Loves other dogs. But has mostly chow temperment... meaning he is a one family dog does not love strangers and keeps his distance. Has never gotten on furniture and likes his quiet time.
However unlike a chow he is very active and loves to play. I think that has to be the pit in him.

All this is to say... for mutts that have partial blood from some the breeds many of us don't like or trust, the mix could result in pretty good, balanced/sane family dog. Again, my .02 is full or majority blooded pits are untrustworthy (owners poor decision makers / lower EI) and I don't want any part of either.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 03:34 PM

Nobody said all pits should be shot on the spot. But maybe they belong behind cages like other dangerous wild animals. Or are yall saying you’re also capable of controlling any animal? Lions, tigers, bears, sharks, gorillas, alligators….all home pet worthy because dangerous animals are not dangerous by nature, they are bred to be dangerous and can be simply trained to not kill and maim?

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 03:51 PM

Nobody said all pits should be shot on the spot. But maybe they belong behind cages like other dangerous wild animals. Or are yall saying you’re also capable of controlling any animal? Lions, tigers, bears, sharks, gorillas, alligators….all home pet worthy because dangerous animals are not dangerous by nature, they are bred to be dangerous and can be simply trained to not kill and maim?

Dogs have been with people for so long that it has influenced their evolution and they have evolved to serve man. Canines are unique in this regard and there's not another animal on the planet that has been so intertwined with humans for so long by a factor of about 35. The meanest dog I ever had could practically read my thoughts and she would throw herself in front of a bus before doing something she thought would displease me. She had zero qualms whatsoever about attacking a person but would never do so without my explicit permission. The only time she ever did anything aggressive without my permission was when she was playing with three of my clients children and a stranger approached them. She tackled the man and growled in his face while standing over him but other than knocking him down she didn't harm him. Fortunately the guy was a redneck and understood dogs very well and he was very impressed by her performance and told me that no harm was done and that I had nothing to worry about. Once she knew the man was not a threat to the children she calmed down and since he worked on the same property that I did she saw him on a regular basis for the rest of her life and was very friendly with him and when she saw him she would initiate play.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 04:03 PM

Dogs have been with people for so long that it has influenced their evolution and they have evolved to serve man. Canines are unique in this regard and there's not another animal on the planet that has been so intertwined with humans for so long by a factor of about 35. The meanest dog I ever had could practically read my thoughts and she would throw herself in front of a bus before doing something she thought would displease me. She had zero qualms whatsoever about attacking a person but would never do so without my explicit permission. The only time she ever did anything aggressive without my permission was when she was playing with three of my clients children and a stranger approached them. She tackled the man and growled in his face while standing over him but other than knocking him down she didn't harm him. Fortunately the guy was a redneck and understood dogs very well and he was very impressed by her performance and told me that no harm was done and that I had nothing to worry about. Once she knew the man was not a threat to the children she calmed down and since he worked on the same property that I did she saw him on a regular basis for the rest of her life and was very friendly with him and when she saw him she would initiate play.

Thats a cool story but if Im one of those clients Id probably think its cool the dog tried to protect my kid but I aint taking my eyes off that dog around my kids the rest of the time. Seen too many cases of good dogs flip a switch when a small child pulls a tail or something and the pet owner is in disbelief.

Watched a cocky dog owner at the park the other day trying to let his dog go unleashed. Dont know the breed but it looked like a pit mix. Damn thing almost ate a small dog if the small dog owner hadnt scooped it up. She was livid, rightfully called the cops and animal control, got the guys license plate as he tried to make a quick exit. There were lots of small children around too that got to learn the F and MF words. Thankfully nobody hurt except the small dog owner had scratches on her back and shirt torn a bit.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

Yep, figured that out shortly after the last one of these threads.
up

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 04:14 PM

^^^ The homeowners owned aggressive breed dogs and they along with their children had been around my dog since she was 7 weeks old. They saw her for about 40 minutes per week for 11 years. If I showed up early enough in the day during the summer my dog would go through the dog door and go jump in bed with one of the children.

I should have given more details. The property was about a 6 acre property that had a large playground built on it for the children who were triplets. I was cleaning the pool and the kids always came outside to play with my dog when I was there. A workman was on the other side of a fence and climbed over it and jumped down on the ground and that's when my dog saw him, she alerted and she made her move right as he got up and started walking towards the kids. Had I known that he was working on the property I would have let her know ahead of time that he was okay but his truck was parked on the other side of the fence where I couldn't see it so I had no clue that any strangers were there.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 04:17 PM

bolt

Oh no you ditent!

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 04:24 PM

Yep, figured that out shortly after the last one of these threads.
up

It's called a discussion and a vigorous exchange of ideas and points of view. I was also on the debate team in school which was odd to many because I was also on the wrestling team.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 05:15 PM

[Linked Image]

This is Daisy the American bulldog/Chocolate lab mix enjoying a daily bunny shortly before I had to put her down. She was the most aggressive dog I have ever owned and the sweetest.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 05:17 PM

I don’t care to be around them. Don’t like family being around them. I don’t recall ever seeing a fairly normal owner of one.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/16/23 10:08 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-man-mauled-killed-four-pit-bulls-deadly-attack
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 04:41 PM

Came home one day and found this guy in our house. New neighbor’s dog climbed the fence and played with my labs. Full of energy and friendly! Just wanted attention. After several surprise visits( Dog Door) i raised The fence to keep him out! [Linked Image]
Posted By: TDK

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 04:52 PM

It’s starting to add up…the persistence and argumentative nature…you can put your foot down and remove the butt plug at any time. Be strong.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 04:53 PM

You cannot make this up. "The dogs are now under quarantine at Pups Under Police Security (PUPS), an animal holding facility. Police say the pit bulls must go through a "dangerous dog evaluation" to determine what will happen to them, according to a report by Minneapolis StarTribune."
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 05:57 PM

Hud it sounds like the dogs are innocent until proven guilty.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 06:00 PM

Hid it sounds like the dogs are innocent until proven guilty.

I bet the evaluation doesn't include throwing tennis balls in their backyard..
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 06:11 PM

Don’t like the breed myself but “banning” or otherwise legally
restricting a breed of dog is a slippery slope. A few years ago
we were shopping for home owners insurance and several
companies had restrictions on dogs based on breed or type.
Pit bull was only 1 of many on the list. The point, a law likely
would not be limited to pits.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

You cannot make this up. "The dogs are now under quarantine at Pups Under Police Security (PUPS), an animal holding facility. Police say the pit bulls must go through a "dangerous dog evaluation" to determine what will happen to them, according to a report by Minneapolis StarTribune."

Some insurance companies won't insure your home if you own one and yet these clowns are apparently willing to accept liability for determining them to be safe?

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by TDK

It’s starting to add up…the persistence and argumentative nature…you can put your foot down and remove the butt plug at any time. Be strong.

rofl rofl rofl

Re: When will people learn? - 04/17/23 11:39 PM

You cant have a lion, tiger, bear, coyote, wolf as a pet….dont see how a pitbull is much different here. Just another pointless death at the hand of a dog that should not be a pet.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by TDK

I didn't have to argue with her, for the most part she did what I told her. She also knew that direct confrontation with me was pointless and if she wanted something she had to charm me for it. Butt plugs were for her clients.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by TDK

I didn't have to argue with her, for the most part she did what I told her. She also knew that direct confrontation with me was pointless and if she wanted something she had to charm me for it. Butt plugs were for her clients.

Was she hot?
Posted By: JimTX

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 02:31 AM

Loving Puppy[Linked Image]

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 04:09 AM

You cant have a lion, tiger, bear, coyote, wolf as a pet….dont see how a pitbull is much different here. Just another pointless death at the hand of a dog that should not be a pet.

You can have all of those things as a pet if you feel like it in TX.

No one needs an assault rifle
You don't need an SUV
Diesel engines cause brain damage through microscopic soot and you don't need them, you should drive an electric truck
You can't even comprehend how dangerous a gas stove is and they should be outlawed

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 04:54 AM

With a 100,000 dollars of dangerous animal insurance. Sounds like some good legislation for pit bull owners. I wonder if they could use their SNAP cards for that. roflmao

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/l...269-939a622c-6d09-41ff-880a-54756433dd09

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by GusWayne
Originally Posted by TDK

Was she hot?
[/quote]

Google her and check her out for yourself. I started dating her in 06, she's not bad today but she was much better looking back then. Mistress Daria.

I don't know why y'all are making a big deal out of it, she was just a normal lady who also happened to have the mental strength to peel someone's skin off piece by piece if she had to or kick a coke bottle up their backside.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 11:17 AM

I don't know why y'all are making a big deal out of it, she was just a normal lady who also happened to have the mental strength to peel someone's skin off piece by piece if she had to or kick a coke bottle up their backside.

I now see the disfunction in some of your conclusions. "Normal" females just don't do that. In addition, I would say it shows mental weakness if not a bent out a whack disorder for any person to perform the acts so described. Any person.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 11:33 AM

You don't need an SUV
Diesel engines cause brain damage through microscopic soot and you don't need them, you should drive an electric truck
You can't even comprehend how dangerous a gas stove is and they should be outlawed

This is false. Lets be clear and not mislead people. You can own Wild Animals but they are still not a Pet. You cannot simply go to a Pet store and buy a lion. You cannot simply capture a lion and declare it as your Pet. You cant show up at the vet when your lion gets sick. The state regulations and requirements are clearly laid out and thats only if your local ordinances even allow it:

https://guides.sll.texas.gov/animal-law/wild-animals

You sound like one of those pit owners that says its the victims fault after every incident where a pit eats a kids face. Guy just got killed by 4 pits, he was probably teasing them with the tennis ball bc pits never kill people unprovoked.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 12:46 PM

You don't need an SUV

This is false. Lets be clear and not mislead people. You can own Wild Animals but they are still not a Pet. You cannot simply go to a Pet store and buy a lion. You cannot simply capture a lion and declare it as your Pet. You cant show up at the vet when your lion gets sick. The state regulations and requirements are clearly laid out and thats only if your local ordinances even allow it:

https://guides.sll.texas.gov/animal-law/wild-animals

You sound like one of those pit owners that says its the victims fault after every incident where a pit eats a kids face. Guy just got killed by 4 pits, he was probably teasing them with the tennis ball bc pits never kill people unprovoked.

As a mechanic I worked in Garland for a few years. We had problems with people breaking into customers cars when parked overnight. One of the Garland Animal Control Officers gave us a wolf puppy or Cub or whatever you care to call it. He was so little that his eyes weren't even open yet and I basically carried him in my pocket and fed him with a bottle until he was old enough to be weaned. We named him Kitty and even though he was absolutely terrifying to look at he was a big playful goofball who could have torn your arm off but never did. Occasionally he would Escape and he did not go on a campaign of Terror when he did so, he just went a couple of blocks over and hopped in a backyard with some other dogs to play with them so he would have some company. I didn't own the wolf, he was the shop wolf. Cars stopped getting broken into once he was on the job.

I don't make any excuses for animals because they are simply animals, they're not humans. The pitbulls killed the guy for reasons only known to themselves but it was probably pretty predictable had he been able to read their behavior a little bit better. Fyi, if you keep an animal for your own personal enjoyment and pleasure it is a pet even if it's a blue whale in an aquarium.

I have a client that is insanely wealthy and they have a fleet of pitbulls in their yard. She also has a kangaroo and a monkey. The monkey is barely bigger than a large house cat and the dogs are terrified of him. The monkey is now 14 years old and somehow hasn't been murdered by the Five pit bulls that they keep in the yard.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 12:46 PM

I now see the disfunction in some of your conclusions. "Normal" females just don't do that. In addition, I would say it shows mental weakness if not a bent out a whack disorder for any person to perform the acts so described. Any person.

Apparently my dry sense of humor completely missed you.

I'm sure quite a few people here have dated strippers or naughty massage therapist. Would you have been happier had I been dating someone like that?
Posted By: Tbar

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 12:59 PM

The other day I was watching the bee removal guy extract a hive out of my water meter box when something pushed me from behind. I turned around and see the most enormous pit mix standing there...I'm talking one of the biggest I have ever seen!!! S^*t...S^*t...S^*t !!! Huge adrenaline spike...and then he just starts leaning on me wanting to be petted. Heart rate slows down.

I know just because he is friendly now he's a hand grande. The right trigger and he goes off. Ie - perhaps if I had been afraid of dogs and taken off running....

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tbar
The other day I was watching the bee removal guy extract a hive out of my water meter box when something pushed me from behind. I turned around and see the most enormous pit mix standing there...I'm talking one of the biggest I have ever seen!!! S^*t...S^*t...S^*t !!! Huge adrenaline spike...and then he just starts leaning on me wanting to be petted. Heart rate slows down.

I know just because he is friendly now he's a hand grande. The right trigger and he goes off. Ie - perhaps if I had been afraid of dogs and taken off running....

This is what gun control proponents think about us.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 01:54 PM

Apparently my dry sense of humor completely missed you.

I'm sure quite a few people here have dated strippers or naughty massage therapist. Would you have been happier had I been dating someone like that?

Yep missed it. I thought to some of your earlier posts were also tongue in cheek, but you would then dive in deep with an oversized shovel. Missed it when you got dry - my bad.

Re: When will people learn? - 04/18/23 02:18 PM

^^^^^ Agents of the US government at one level or another typically kill with a firearm about a dozen citizens per day in the US. Pitbulls and other animals kill someone every couple of weeks in the US. Traffic accidents kill about 115 people per day in the US. Tobacco and alcohol kills about 1250 per day in the US. School shootings have killed a bit over 200 people in the past 65 years. About 120 police officers die while carrying out their duty every year in the United States, a bit more than half of them from traffic fatalities. I could go on and on about what kills who and where in this country and even back it up with actuarial tables from insurance companies but none of it will outweigh the emotional response people are displaying against a dog/dogs when they kill someone.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum