Texas Hunting Forum

Well it's official...we're headed south!

Posted By: Eagle 1

Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 01:50 AM

My wife and I have been looking for several years and have now purchased our new and hopefully last home in Montgomery, TX. We are about a block off Lake Conroe in The Walden Subdivision. Obviously a big change from the TX Panhandle but less than an hour from our grandkids. I'll post up after the move and maybe meet up with some of you in the area.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 01:55 AM

I’m sorry. After my last Houston trip I told my wife I wouldn’t live down there for any amount of money.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle 1
My wife and I have been looking for several years and have now purchased our new and hopefully last home in Montgomery, TX. We are about a block off Lake Conroe in The Walden Subdivision. Obviously a big change from the TX Panhandle but less than an hour from our grandkids. I'll post up after the move and maybe meet up with some of you in the area.

I am sure you thought this through.

Congratulations, always exciting when big changes happen in life.

All the luck and good fortune!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 02:00 AM

Congrats cheers
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 02:03 AM

Far enough from the city , nice subdivision
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 02:03 AM

You’ll like making this move.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 02:22 AM

Walden is cool. Like hand feeding the deer.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 02:40 AM

My Older Brother and his Wife have lived in that area for about 20 years and Love It. It's NOT Houston. Deer in their yard almost daily.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 02:48 AM

Walden is a very nice neighborhood situated on the southwestern side of lake Conroe! If you have any questions about the area, feel free to ask. I am in the neighborhood multiple times a week doing swimming pool repairs.
It’s a shame they just clear cut the HF deer ranch outside the neighborhood. Still plenty of deer waking around and eating everyone’s flowers.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 03:16 AM

Welcome to montgomery county!
You picked a horrible time to move to Walden with all of the construction on 105... rofl it's mostly done in your area though. welcome
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by rickym
Walden is a very nice neighborhood situated on the southwestern side of lake Conroe! If you have any questions about the area, feel free to ask. I am in the neighborhood multiple times a week doing swimming pool repairs.
It’s a shame they just clear cut the HF deer ranch outside the neighborhood. Still plenty of deer waking around and eating everyone’s flowers.

there was a HF place near walden?! i didnt know that.... i know there is a HF on 149 just south of montgomery. scratch
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 03:50 AM

My sons in laws are in Montgomery, it’s not a bad area. The humidity will be a big change for you.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 04:03 AM

The Walden golf course is awesome! If the wind is howling it really makes these 3 holes interesting. They call it the Bermuda Triangle and I have personally seen balls just disappear there grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kry226

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Greg
The Walden golf course is awesome! If the wind is howling it really makes these 3 holes interesting. They call it the Bermuda Triangle and I have personally seen balls just disappear there grin
[Linked Image]

eeks333

Congrats to the OP. As for me, I grew up in East Texas and cannot wait to settle in the Panhandle. up
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 11:52 AM

I'm retiring in 3 yrs, 10 mo, and 3 days and we're headed to Alpine.
Posted By: Vosstxhntr

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 03:32 PM

Congratulations, you will like it. I live in April Sound just down the road and we love the area, it's far enough away from Houston.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vosstxhntr
Congratulations, you will like it. I live in April Sound just down the road and we love the area, it's far enough away from Houston.

I may have hit a couple buildings on that course before...
Posted By: Guy

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/23/23 04:13 PM

Looks like their could be some good duck hunting on the north end.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/24/23 12:52 AM

He is far enough inland to avoid the direct hit from hurricanes. I refused to move to the Houston area due to the frequent involuntary vacations/remodels.

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/27/23 03:15 AM

My son played for Titleist for several years and is a member at Northgate Country Club in Houston; actually lives on #7 tee box. His membership carries over to Walden and we have played it many times. That par five in the picture is in the top 500 holes in the world. Has some kind of a marker or plaque stating so. Yes, a tough turn.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/27/23 03:31 AM

Congratulations!!
Posted By: machinist

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/27/23 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by copperhead

Where do you live now? I grew up in Crane and was never a fan of Alpine.

Re: Well it's official...we're headed south! - 02/27/23 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by machinist
Originally Posted by copperhead

Where do you live now? I grew up in Crane and was never a fan of Alpine.

I too am not a fan; however, I did get my Superintendent Certification at the Bar-S-Bar...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum