Texas Hunting Forum

Speeding tickets

Posted By: 603Country

Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 10:03 PM

What’s the fastest you have been ticketed for, or if you are a LEO, what’s the highest speed ticket you ever gave.

I’m ashamed to admit that my fastest ticket was 41 in a 30. That isn’t a manly ticket speed.
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 10:12 PM

81 in a 75
Posted By: one73maro

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 10:15 PM

I had one for 92 in a 65 and another for 72 in a 35.
Posted By: seacam

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 10:17 PM

110 in a 55
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 10:20 PM

Also reminds me of another old nascar commercial I can't find. Guy is trying to bribe the cops to write his ticket for faster. Core childhood memory's unlocked
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 10:43 PM

I never was much on writing moving violations. I figured stopping someone would correct their behavior good enough. Our traffic guys would occasionally pop folks for 140+ on loop 820. Hit much of anything at that speed and their lives would never be the same. So stupid.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 10:55 PM

86 in a 55. Got a warning
Posted By: splicer

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by seacam
110 in a 55

This
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 11:07 PM

128 in a 40. She went to jail, coincidentally that where she works and where she was headed. That was my 4th time within a few weeks of stopping her and writing her tickets.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 11:11 PM

93 in a 65, coupled with lane change w/o signal!
Posted By: Espy

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 11:29 PM

A Lorena popo gave a guy a ticket last week for going 118 on I-35. Speed limit was 75
Posted By: Stub

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 11:33 PM

70 in a 55 mph zone and it still burns my azz. Driving through Kansas in the 70's, speed is 70 mph during the day 55 mph at night.
A lot of vehicles passing me faster than that with Kansas and Okie tags right before he pulled me over.

Ironic part was he made me follow him back going about 80 mph in the opposite direction to the county seat courthouse to pay the fine, put the money in an envelope for the judge and dropped it in the night drop off slot.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 11:43 PM

Wow! 128 in a 40 is really humming along.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/13/23 11:59 PM

112 in a 30. Sixteen years old and racing my 67 mustang against what was then a new IROC-Z.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:06 AM

I was let go with a warning for 102 in a 55, but I've got about six tickets for 75 in a 70.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:15 AM

One upper thread….

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:15 AM

Oklahoma leaving OKC I got pulled over by the Highway Patrol for doing 60 in a posted 60. He gave me a written warning
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Oklahoma leaving OKC I got pulled over by the Highway Patrol for doing 60 in a posted 60. He gave me a written warning

60 in a 60???!
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:20 AM

Had a hardazz HP here in Stephens county many years ago. Wrote me up for 74 in a 70. That was my last ticket, probably 25 years ago.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:39 AM

Years ago a guy was coming from DFW to here to look at a cargo trailer I had for sale. He said he would be in his car, a Dodge SRT8, and if he bought it he would send somebody after it with a truck. I didn't know what a SRT8 was, but my son couldn't wait to see it. I told the guy that.

He videoed his speedo with his phone up to 150 and shut it down. This was on I-30 somewhere between Greenville and Sulphur Springs. I saw familiar sights in his video along with the speedo as he flew. That is kind of flying, right?

I was sitting by a DPS officer a few days later in a tire store. I asked him what he would do if his radar registered that. He said, "Nothing. I'm not chasing the fool."
Posted By: TLew

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:45 AM

Never had a ticket. My time is overdue
Posted By: Greg

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by wp75169
112 in a 30. Sixteen years old and racing my 67 mustang against what was then a new IROC-Z.

Two awesome looking cars. I wanted one of those convertible IROC-Z’s bad when I was a kid.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:02 AM

101mph in my 57 Ford Fairlane. My passenger paid the ticket, an Airman that was almost AWOL, he had about 5 minutes to sign in when we got to the Base Gate.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:05 AM

88 in a 55
77 in a 55
65 in a 40
62 in a 40
77 in a 55
72 in a 55

4 of those before I was 21 only 2 in the last 15 years.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:15 AM

IDK...maybe 15-20 over posted speed limit when I was stationed in Germany. It's been forever.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:34 AM

It’s ridiculous to get a ticket going 5mph over the speed limit, unless it is a school zone.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:48 AM

Only had one. 63 in 50, Frisco Tx. 1995. Just didnt get off the long pedal in time.

But there was the time my junior year. Almost got a good one, but his DPD 1966 Ford was no match for my 327 powered 57 Bel Aire.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:57 AM

94 in a 35 for me.

Was making a test hit on a remote county road in my hotrod and just happened to have a deputy come over the hill as I let off the throttle. IIRC the fine was around $500, no option for differed or defensive driving.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:21 AM

My first I think was 13 over in a 35 mph zone. I was 2 weeks into driving. Last time I was pulled over was 87 in a 70 and got a warning coming home from a buddies ranch.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by TLew
Never had a ticket. My time is overdue

Never had one either. Plenty of warnings though.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3

60 in a 60???!

Oklahoma is stupid.

Texas is prima facie speed law.

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is absolute speed law.

Oklahoma is stupid.

In Oklahoma if you’re doing the posted speed limit, but in a construction zone with workers present, or on a wide open highway yet there’s a slight drizzle, or on a busy highway on a bright Sunny dry day, it’s your responsibility to slow down.

Oklahoma is stupid.

The posted speed limit is the absolute fastest you can drive, and it better be perfect conditions.

Texas is prima facie speed law, if you can justify the speed you’re going, then you have a chance to beat the ticket in court because the officer has to justify that your speed was too fast for the road and given conditions.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:37 AM

Oklahoma is stupid.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:44 AM

60 in a 60???!

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

In Oklahoma if you’re doing the posted speed limit, but in a construction zone with workers present, or on a wide open highway yet there’s a slight drizzle, or on a busy highway on a bright Sunny dry day, it’s your responsibility to slow down.

Oklahoma is stupid.

The posted speed limit is the absolute fastest you can drive, and it better be perfect conditions.

Texas is prima facie speed law, if you can justify the speed you’re going, then you have a chance to beat the ticket in court because the officer has to justify that your speed was too fast for the road and given conditions.

People in oklahome cannot drive either for the record. Good god they do not get it. 35mph getting on 75 in Colbert is not a good idea.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 04:34 AM

I got pulled over doing 85 on the Indian nation turnpike a few years back. The officer got me out of my truck and sat me down in his patrol car and proceeded to give me a tongue lashing. He asked me what would happen if I was driving 10 mph over the speed limit in Texas. I told him that I'd probably get run over if I was only going 10 over in Texas. I didn't get a warning on that one.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 10:23 AM

Arizona Indian Nation. I had a [censored]-n-git, 348 cubes, Chevy. Bet a Navajo cop I knew that he couldn’t catch me. I proved that I was right. He had better sense to take the mountain roads like I did.

I now cringe when I think about that.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 10:49 AM

148 in I believe a 55. It was 35e north of Main St in the early 1990s. Beat the ticket in court.

Since I worked in the performance aftermarket for a very long time I have driven some unbelievable cars. Got clocked at 207 by an officer on 635 going west towards the airport while tuning a car. The officer let me go without a ticket because we were in Governor Bill Clements Ferrari bb512 that we had built and installed a twin turbo system for. It had an aftermarket market fuel injection system on it that we were tuning. Prior to chassis dynos coming along you had to use the road for a dyno with one person driving and another person in the passenger seat on the computer.

My personal best on a public highway in a car that I own is 226 verified with GPS, a data logging system that uses an accelerometer, and an old CK10 radar gun. I have personally clocked a car at 271mph on hwy 635 before it became a double decker road.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 10:51 AM

The worst ratio speed to posted limit ticket I got wasn't for speeding, it was for exhibition of acceleration and unlawful speed contest. That was in about 1995 on Trinity Rd., west of Beltline in Irving near an old skating rink. I was likely doing 100+ in a 35 but it was a non-residential street with no traffic in the middle of the night. Still unsafe.

We then headed east on Shady Grove towards the Dallas line where SG turns into Regal Row for the next hot spot. Got stopped at SG and Loop 12 for improper stop (cop said I stopped 12" past the white stripe). LEO admitted writing that ticket because of what kind of car I was driving.

Three tickets in the matter of 20 minutes.

I have a list somewhere of all the DFW spots we used to hit back then.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:52 PM

Not me but I had a friend in high school who got one for 101 in a school zone...... eek2
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by HoneyBeez

60 in a 60???!

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

People in oklahome cannot drive either for the record. Good god they do not get it. 35mph getting on 75 in Colbert is not a good idea.

The roads in Oklahoma are so bad I don't see how people speed.
roflmao
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:01 PM

One morning driving I79 in WV I was a little late for work and highway was empty so I decided to see if I could peg the speedo on the Gran Torino. Headed down a big hill and looked my rear view mirror. There was a county mountie 10' off my bumper just as I hit 120. Not sure where he came from because I had passed the last on ramp several miles back. I am guessing he was running a parallel state hwy and saw me. I slowed to about 60. Speed limit then was 55. He followed for about a mile and then jumped in front of me and exited at a weigh station. Hit the blue lights once. I decided not to follow him into the weigh station. He got back on the highway and came up beside me. His partner flashed me a double 5 hand signal. I gave him the ok signal and he went on. I told the story to a buddy who was a county deputy. He explained that the interstates in that area are state trooper domain and they have told the county mounties to stay off them. He also told me that he could have gotten me out of a ticket.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:21 PM

How many people were able to out run the cop and get away with it?
Posted By: kry226

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 01:42 PM

60 in a 60???!

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

Oklahoma is stupid.

roflmao

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

Back before it became a felony in TX to run from the police I did it on a pretty regular basis. After they made it a felony I stopped doing it. Having cars that could easily hit 200mph in a mile from a dead stop made running pretty easy. All of my friends and I were prolific street racers and running from the law was simply a part of that.

My funniest running from the police story was out in Mesquite. There was an officer running radar in the middle of the night back when there was Zero traffic on 635 in the middle of the night so I doubled back, got my car up to about 185 miles an hour and zoomed past him. I then went home and changed cars and did the same thing again. Then I went home and grabbed a motorcycle that was also really fast and did it once more. Keep in mind that the fastest police cars on the road in that era were the 5 L Fox body Mustangs that on a good day with a slight tailwind and a slight downhill run could hit 148 miles an hour if there weren't lights on top of the car. If there were lights on the roof of the car it slowed down by about 15 mph top speed. The Crown Vics of the era would run slightly over 120 mph while the Caprese Classics that had the LT1 engines would run in the high 130s and usually had better brakes than any of the other police cars on the road. I learned that if a trooper in a 5 L Mustang was chasing you all you had to do was stand on the brakes two or three times and at that point he had no brakes left because the ones on his car were overheated and then you would simply make a turn and go back the other way.

After the first fast and furious movie hit the movie theaters all of my friends and I became disillusioned with the new street racing scene that that movie prompted and we changed what we were doing.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 02:57 PM

In 1976 I had a Dodge Challenger blow by me at a high speed and I tried catching him in my 1970 El Camino. I came to a passing lane on a hill and went to pass a car while going 110 mph. As I went past the car, I could finally see that it was a highway patrol. I immediately let off the gas and got ready to go to jail after being pulled over. Much to my surprise the highway patrol car never came after me or the Dodge Challenger. The Challenger had to be going 130 mph because he was running away from me easily. We do stupid thingsbangbang when we are young and luckily, we lived through them.

My one and only speeding ticket I got was in 1986 and I was going 72 in a 60-mph zone on highway 84 outside of Snyder as I was coming home from a ski trip in Toas NM. Haven`t had a ticket since.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:29 PM

I’m sure glad I asked about speeding tickets. Some great stories showed up - unclebubba and blkt2 for SURE.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:43 PM

105 in a 55 back in the day. Was doing 112-116 just a few seconds before that. I’ve driven that road several hundred times and got popped three times, my average mph was 32 over.

Knock on wood haven’t had a ticket in 14 yrs.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 03:44 PM

Fastest I’ve been on a public highway was 155 between Dalrock and Bass Pro, not a soul on the road other than me and the passenger, and he screamed for his life like a sissy.

He was the same one that screamed like a girl when we hit 85mph in my SxS.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 06:04 PM

I was racing a slowish 5.0 on Lewisville Main Street in about 1994 way on the west end. Got to St. Philip's church and two Lewisville cops were sitting at the light that was red. We both locked 'em up but I was so far ahead I slid through the intersection into Flower Mound. I looked in the mirror and saw them surround the Mustang so I floored it, turned right up there somewhere near Timbercreek Elementary and made my way back to Rocky Point/407 area via Flower Mound. Put the car in my girlfriend's (now wife) parents' garage (they were out of town), and laid low for a while.

Fastest I’ve been on a public highway was 155 between Dalrock and Bass Pro,

I've done 138 between North Loop 288 and the Love's station and 133 between St. Jo and Nocona on 82 where it's flat and straight for a couple miles. It's been a long time and all I have to think about is the front u-joint breaking, losing a tire, or an animal running in front of me to make me slow down.

Originally Posted by blkt2
Back before it became a felony in TX to run from the police I did it on a pretty regular basis. After they made it a felony I stopped doing it. Having cars that could easily hit 200mph in a mile from a dead stop made running pretty easy. All of my friends and I were prolific street racers and running from the law was simply a part of that.

We should start a new thread about all the old '90's racing spots in DFW.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 06:44 PM

70 in a 40 in 1975. Last one. I've been stopped a few times but they let me slide cause they knew me.
Posted By: Longhorn74

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 10:23 PM

Seven ticket stops in the past 20 years and my chl has gotten me a warning on all seven. Seems the LEO just wants to talk guns. Bores my wife to death lol.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/14/23 11:17 PM

I out ran them one night in 1976 after they turned around to come get me near the Tarleton State College campus. I was 17 and had spun out my tires like all kids used to do and they were going to stop me. I made about a dozen turns on streets and never saw the blue lights in my mirror and I got out of town. The very next night the cop that I out ran saw me with my friends sitting on a tailgate outside the local DQ near Tarleton that everyone hung out at and told me to get into the backseat of his car (I have never been in the backseat again). He bitched at me for a little bit and said to never do it again because he could have wrecked out and hurt himself. Less than a year later he let me ride with him all night on my 19th birthday and it was pretty FN cool. He was a cool cop and luckily all the local cops treated me and all the local kids pretty damn good. That was the one and only time I ever ran from the blue lights. Thank you, officer David Bartlett.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/15/23 09:22 AM

Back before it became a felony in TX to run from the police I did it on a pretty regular basis. After they made it a felony I stopped doing it.

I wasn't aware it was a felony to run, when did this become law?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/15/23 01:13 PM

Fastest I have ever driven was right at 140 mph on interstate 20 when it was first built, was on my older brothers Honda 750 that was originally owned by the owner of Honda south who bored it out and super tuned it, had 4 in 1 Yoshimura header on it, Fastest in a car was 126, never was behind the wheel of one when the opportunity to really haul azz safely presented itself.

Fastest I’ve been on a public highway was 155 between Dalrock and Bass Pro, not a soul on the road other than me and the passenger, and he screamed for his life like a sissy. ]He was the same one that screamed like a girl when we hit 85mph in my SxS.

^^^^^^^^^^
Reminds me of a he/she I knew.

I drive a little aggressively, not bad usually only 4 mph over the speed limit unless the flow of traffic is going faster then I keep up.

Back to my wussy: If you did not drive like a granny he would get so paranoid and start fidgeting, sweating and whining about slowing down, Sometimes I would have a little fun jacking with him, other times his paranoia was so bad I would literally have to tell him to STFU and play on his phone.

Example driving back from Jacksboro on 380, speed limit is 75 there is no traffic and I am driving 75 mph, he starts the nervous chit, fidgeting, sweating then finally telling me to slow down I am going way to fast, told him I was doing the speed limit, he said the speed limit is to high laugh
By the time we got into Denton driving south on I-35 E his face and are hands sweating bad , eyes roaming around from being so scared, though he might stroke out.

Another time; I am driving his vehicle coming back from S. central TX at night and there is some ice on parts of the hwy. I am doing 35 mph and slowly passing most other vehicles while he/she is screaming over and over pull over, its my car I demand you pull over its to dangerous, lets get a hotel. The hwy. wasn't that bad, very few cars out and if you drove in the already traveled lanes (which I did) no problem, so of course I ignored his whines.
Thought I might have to take him to an ER before we got back to Dallas.

Wish I could have been there for this one! Some other folks told me they had him out on their 10k acre lease in west TX, they were out riding in the ranger atv, driver started going a little fast and in the middle of nowhere with no one within miles of them, he starts screaming bloody murder for help, please somebody help were going to die at the top of his lungs roflmao

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/15/23 03:20 PM

Back before it became a felony in TX to run from the police I did it on a pretty regular basis. After they made it a felony I stopped doing it.

I wasn't aware it was a felony to run, when did this become law?

Evading arrest if you're using a vehicle to do it became a state jail felony in Texas about 20 years ago.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/15/23 04:33 PM

Worst ticket was 104 in a 30 at 16 years old in roughly 1975, 7 violations in one ticket. speeding, exhibition of acceleration, drag racing, reckless driving, excessive noise, evading arrest to name a few. Got called in to the JP a few months later and threatened I would lose my license until I was 18 if I got another ticket. I asked if that counted the one I got that morning on the way to court? (87 in a 55).

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/15/23 05:19 PM

Fastest I’ve been on a public highway was 155 between Dalrock and Bass Pro, not a soul on the road other than me and the passenger, and he screamed for his life like a sissy.

He was the same one that screamed like a girl when we hit 85mph in my SxS.

Ride along....? roflmao
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 12:28 PM

Stopped a kid going 113 in a 45.
Posted By: don k

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 12:58 PM

I have never actually got a ticket for speeding. Many moons ago like in the late 1960's I was stationed at Fort Sill for artillery training. An Oklahoma Highway patrolman stopped me for going 85 in a 60. I had a 1966 GTO at the time. He asked what the hurry was. I told him I had to get back to Ft. Sill at a certain time. He told me to slow it down some and the next time I came through and I saw him to stop and say hello.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 01:33 PM

148 in I believe a 55. It was 35e north of Main St in the early 1990s. Beat the ticket in court.

Since I worked in the performance aftermarket for a very long time I have driven some unbelievable cars. Got clocked at 207 by an officer on 635 going west towards the airport while tuning a car. The officer let me go without a ticket because we were in Governor Bill Clements Ferrari bb512 that we had built and installed a twin turbo system for. It had an aftermarket market fuel injection system on it that we were tuning. Prior to chassis dynos coming along you had to use the road for a dyno with one person driving and another person in the passenger seat on the computer.

My personal best on a public highway in a car that I own is 226 verified with GPS, a data logging system that uses an accelerometer, and an old CK10 radar gun. I have personally clocked a car at 271mph on hwy 635 before it became a double decker road.

And here's our winner!

Goof grief, I've never been that fast in something that didn't have wings on it!
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 01:36 PM

Trenton PD could have made lots of money off me the last 9 years.

Melissa to the Fannin County line is two lane. At the Fannin county line you finally get a passing lane for a couple miles. Well, I been trapped behind f*cktards for the last 20 miles, and I finally have a shot to AT LEAST DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT!

In order to do that, I've got to pass the entire flock of sheep in front of me. 110 to 130 mph in a 70 might get a little pricey.
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 02:00 PM

80 in a 70 on I-35 in a 65 Mustang. Haven't had a speeding ticket in over 50 yrs. Fastest ever driven 150 in '70 Challenger R/T.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 02:08 PM

I swear I got suckered into one once while headed south on 67 down to Rough Creek Lodge.

Two lane highway I come up on a lone car doing 5 under the speed limit. I wait for a passing lane and go around him. A couple of miles down the road same guy passes me then slows down to 5 under. Aggravating, I go around him again. This happens 2 more times...I'm seeing RED as I go around him one last time and put the hammer down to get away from him just in time to pass a local cop running radar. mad He got me for 15 over. bang
Posted By: cleatas

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 02:32 PM

I commonly see 100 to 110 on Interstate 20 between 2am and 5am but the fastest i have wrote is 138 in a 75. I usually dont write citations unless its over 110mph if you are non-argumentative and own up to it. My Tahoe can't hang with most modern vehicles now so if they have open road or don't mind risking their lives and others by passing on the shoulder, I can't catch them when they steadily run 150 plus. I had a Hellcat pass me at 178 one night and i didn't even put it in drive....I let kaufman county know he was headed their way and just stayed put.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 03:50 PM

Fastest I've been is 141 or 142 mph on the Autobahn. Totally legal and totally fun!

Highest ticket is 86 in a 75 by Childress County's finest... 86 in a 75. Had the CC set on 82 verified by my on-board Garmin, but was told repeatedly I was checked at 86. OK, got it. What did I win? I admit, not very sexy for speeding ticket, so I prefer the Autobahn for dusting things off.

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.

And here's our winner!

Goof grief, I've never been that fast in something that didn't have wings on it!

The 271 was a car that I've driven at 263 miles an hour at the Salt Flats but that was 30 years ago. I believe it has gone over 300 miles an hour since then. It was a 308 Ferrari that had been re-bodied as a 288 GTO and it has a 2,700 horsepower turbocharged Chevrolet big block in it.

Exceeding 200 mph is pretty easy in a modern car if you're willing to spend a little bit of time and money working on it. For top speed aerodynamics is where it's at. Doubling the speed takes eight times the power. A car that will go 100 miles per hour with 100 horsepower will require 800 horsepower to go 200 mph. A typical rule of thumb that I've always worked with and has always proven correct is that if you double the factory horsepower in a car assuming you're gearing will allow for it you will pick up 40 miles per hour top speed.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 05:02 PM

This is reverse.
My daddy never got a ticket his entire life, he done a lot of driving all over the state.
Txdot sent him a pin.
He went to his grave never getting a ticket of any kind.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
Worst ticket was 104 in a 30 at 16 years old in roughly 1975, 7 violations in one ticket. speeding, exhibition of acceleration, drag racing, reckless driving, excessive noise, evading arrest to name a few. Got called in to the JP a few months later and threatened I would lose my license until I was 18 if I got another ticket. I asked if that counted the one I got that morning on the way to court? (87 in a 55).

I thought exhibition of speed/acceleration was only in conjunction with racing. Has that changed?
Posted By: cleatas

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/16/23 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
Originally Posted by PMK

I thought exhibition of speed/acceleration was only in conjunction with racing. Has that changed?

It is unsafe start from parked, stopped, or standing position. Racing isn't a ticket anymore either, class B misdemeanor now unless prior convictions or other factors that could enhance it.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/18/23 02:25 PM

One ticket in 39 years driving

66 in a 55 on a rural FM road by a Bexar County Sheriff!
I've been pulled over at least 4 times by DPS for as much as 17 over the limit and never been written a citation by them. The 17 over was on the access road of IH10 right when I first started driving and I was late to my sitster's wedding. I think being in a Tux was my saving grace for that one not being a ticket.
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/18/23 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by PMK

Holy crap, bout the same for me, I was 20 at the time. 103 in a 35, got 7 tickets and went to jail. We were street racing on an industrial road in the middle of the night. That was an expensive lesson.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/18/23 03:00 PM

60 in a 55 zone just East of Surfside back in the 80's at 5:00 am. Was headed to a site to duck hunt that I had found the previous week and just outside the city limits I got pulled over by a county sheriff. First time there that early in the morning but found out later the guy set up there almost every day to get the duck hunters. Had a great day hunting but getting that ticket was a downer.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/18/23 03:04 PM

SIL got ticketed LAST NIGHT doing 100. It's gonna be heck for him living with the Shotsie for awhile. I've got to watch myself here.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Speeding tickets - 01/18/23 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Black02z28
Originally Posted by PMK

Holy crap, bout the same for me, I was 20 at the time. 103 in a 35, got 7 tickets and went to jail. We were street racing on an industrial road in the middle of the night. That was an expensive lesson.

yep, we were drag racing off a traffic light in the heart of a small central TX town. The cop had just got a cup of coffee and a donut at 7-11 and pulled into a parking lot 2 blocks from the light as the light changed and we took off. As we went by him, we had just let off the gas, he pulled out with lights going, dumped hot cup of coffee in his lap (so he was already ticked off from that). The other guy pulled over but me being in the center lane, I just turned the corner onto a side street and stopped (so I really wasn't evading) as he came screaming around the corner and almost hit me, out of the car with gun drawn telling me to get out of the car. Pretty scary for a 16 y/o (but I beat the guy I was racing up ) ... dang he was mad, several other cops showed up within seconds and got him calmed down.

he was trying to think of anything and everything possible he could write me up for. When he said evading arrest, I said oh if I wanted to evade, you would never have caught me. Several of the other cops knew me and my dad (from him outlaw racing days) and agreed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum