Texas Hunting Forum

INSURANCE INCREASE

Posted By: Huntmaster

INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 12:35 PM

My Farm Bureau Policy just went up $2000 in one year. No claims in past 10 years. What “FARM
POLICY” do you guys carry? I know a Farm Policy differs from a regular policy.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 01:05 PM

It's not your claims you're paying for. Inflation, location, cost of materials & labor are the driving factors. Just about everyone's homeowners went up significantly.

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 01:23 PM

Thanks, but I’m not looking at why rates are rising; I’m looking for ranchers who may be insured with Germania, State Farm Ranch, Farmers Ranch, Nationwide Ranch, or some independent; that they feel is a better fit.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Huntmaster
My Farm Bureau Policy just went up $2000 in one year. No claims in past 10 years. What “FARM
POLICY” do you guys carry? I know a Farm Policy differs from a regular policy.

Are you talking liability, equipment or crop?

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 01:39 PM

No crop, liability barely went up, main increase was on house and barn.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Huntmaster
No crop, liability barely went up, main increase was on house and barn.

PM Hudbone
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 06:28 PM

Not a ranch or farm, but we've had Germania for 15 years and love them. Farm Bureau we had on a couple of properties, but they were more expensive than Germania (Germania wouldn't cover them at the time because they weren't occupied). I'd definitely check out Germania. I would probably keep the Farm Bureau membership (I think it's $50/year) just because you get GREAT discounts at hotels, on cars, etc. with it.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/13/22 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Not a ranch or farm, but we've had Germania for 15 years and love them. Farm Bureau we had on a couple of properties, but they were more expensive than Germania (Germania wouldn't cover them at the time because they weren't occupied). I'd definitely check out Germania. I would probably keep the Farm Bureau membership (I think it's $50/year) just because you get GREAT discounts at hotels, on cars, etc. with it.

The Ferrell Gas driver said Farm Bureau members save about a buck a gallon on propane.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/14/22 01:24 AM

My Hochheim Prairie Farm Mutual policy didn't go up a dime.
Posted By: Mohawk Man

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/14/22 08:28 PM

I have been an Agent with Farm Bureau for 22 years . If I can answer any questions just let me know. From what I have see all companies are going up. All building materials have gone through the roof. If your policy increased $2000. You need to check roof age . It is probably showing you have an older roof on the policy.
If your properties were vacant you were paying a surcharge for that.
Our local propane provider is charging over $3.00 a gallon and I just filled up for $1.55 a gallon with Ferrell gas.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/14/22 08:58 PM

Been doing this for almost 40 years, been through the RTC fiasco, 08/09 craziness and other economically "influential" times, but I have never seen a time like what we are going through right now.

Mold was close but that just affected home coverage.

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/14/22 10:21 PM

Why did you have to mention the M word. That was crazy! Hahaha
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/15/22 12:06 AM

I’m about to look for a liability policy for my rural property. I recently heard about a landowner who got sued for damages by somebody he didn’t know.

Re: INSURANCE INCREASE - 11/15/22 09:26 PM

Check with your current Home insurance provider. Some companies will extend liability from Home insurance to investment and ag property.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum