Texas Hunting Forum

Fence price

Posted By: bo3

Fence price - 10/19/22 03:27 PM

What’s the going rate for just labor building a 5 wire fence? It’s already been cleared. I was quoted $2 a ft. But it’s been awhile since I’ve had any built. Labor only.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 04:14 PM

I just paid $2.50, labor only, and it was already cleared. That's for goat fencing with barb wire on top, braces every 300' and posts every 10'. I've got sandy soil and post go in easy. Would be more depending on soil in your area and how hard it is to drive the posts.

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 04:23 PM

It’s sandy. I was just making sure I wasn’t going to over pay.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by bo3
What’s the going rate for just labor building a 5 wire fence? It’s already been cleared. I was quoted $2 a ft. But it’s been awhile since I’ve had any built. Labor only.

If they are supplying all materials I'd say that is a very good price provided they are building it right!
I'm guessing that is all wood post every 50'-60' with T-Post every 8' or 10' and good, quality barbed wire?
Posted By: Bois D'arc

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 05:13 PM

This summer I had 2000' done on my place. I supplied all the materials and the bill was $4400 for the labor.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 05:19 PM

Labor only, between $2 ~ $3.80 per ft, depending.
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 05:52 PM

Where I am at there is A LOT of rock so the quotes here are a bit higher. I recently got a handful of bids for labor only and on the high end I got a few around the $8/foot and a few at $6/foot. Found a young kid that is just starting his fencing business and from what I can see on his FB page, he does good work. Supposed to get it done next week. His bid was $4/foot for 7 strand barbed wire. Stem pipe H braces w/kickers, T posts with stem pipe every 6 posts. Seems pretty reasonable and I like the idea of helping this kid out starting his business.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 05:57 PM

Be sure to look at some of the work they have done. I had a neighbor hire some guys and they did a terrible job. Posts are different heights and fence is not properly stretched. What seems like a simple job can get screwed up if your guys don't have any pride in their work. There are a lot more of those kind out there now.

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 08:54 PM

The work I’ve seen of his was great. He’s going to start Friday building about a mile of cross fences.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Fence price - 10/19/22 10:31 PM

Never mind, I missed where you said just labor
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Fence price - 10/20/22 02:56 AM

Lord all I know is I think about changing professions every time I get a fence bid for work. Last bid I saw was for 6 strand barbed wire on pipe braces and t posts, materials and labor, $13.50/Ln.ft.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum