Texas Hunting Forum

Jeep tires

Posted By: rickym

Jeep tires - 08/19/22 10:23 PM

Finally going to put new tires on the wife’s Jeep. Looking for recommendations. Currently has original stock tires on a 2018 model. Plan is for AT tires of course, It will being going down lease trails and will spend plenty of time at the beach in soft sand, not just a mall crawler. Suspension will get upgraded in a couple years and will likely change tires again. Need something that will go at 40k miles if not 60k as it’s a daily driver for work.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Jeep tires - 08/19/22 10:25 PM

BFG KM3's up
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Jeep tires - 08/19/22 10:25 PM

Go see what discount has peep

Re: Jeep tires - 08/19/22 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3
Go see what discount has peep

I’m not shopping a particular store, once I narrow down a few tires I will shop distributors
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Jeep tires - 08/19/22 11:59 PM

I like Cooper STT Pros.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 12:04 AM

Toyo AT’s
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 12:47 AM

I put on a set of Goodyear Duratracs about two months ago and couldn’t be more pleased.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 12:53 AM

Falken AT3 sounds like what you’re after
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 01:30 AM

Don’t get load range E tires. Your wife and your kidneys will hate you.
Posted By: bagster

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 02:14 AM

Whatever you buy make sure it's LT instead of P rated. When I bought my Jeep it came stock with Goodyear Strangler road tires. I refused to buy the vehicle unless they changed tires so gave me a set of Firestone AT2's, P-rated. The tires are decent but squishy, which I attribute to the P rating.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 03:20 AM

I run LT 285/70R18 on my 2015 Wrangler Sport with 3" lift. It performs great and even with the AT's will go thru anything you would normally attempt with a highway style vehicle. Run 32-35 pounds and comfortable. If you let them put 40-42 in there, you're all over the road like marbles and peeing blood!!!

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
I run LT 285/70R18 on my 2015 Wrangler Sport with 3" lift. It performs great and even with the AT's will go thru anything you would normally attempt with a highway style vehicle. Run 32-35 pounds and comfortable. If you let them put 40-42 in there, you're all over the road like marbles and peeing blood!!!

Wife keeps being worried that I keep her down at 32-35 psi and the sensors are saying to fill to 37. But she’s finally realizing the ride difference and no wobble. Also just had a few front end components replaced before warranty ended.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 11:02 AM

Plenty of decent things out there. I will say this my dad had the falken wild peak on his and he drives a ton. When he traded his jeep in they still looked new. And worked good on the beach. Coopers seem to work. Some people swear by bfg. I’ve had good and bad from them. Running nitto terra grapplers now and won’t buy another set just happened to be what was available when I needed tires last time.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by rickym

Wife keeps being worried that I keep her down at 32-35 psi and the sensors are saying to fill to 37. But she’s finally realizing the ride difference and no wobble. Also just had a few front end components replaced before warranty ended.

The wobble is just a Jeep being a Jeep. When they went away from leaf springs front suspension to coils, they introduced a system they could never fix. It’s tough to be able to have good articulation along with good on road driving characteristics. Airing tires down to stop a front end wobble is a bandaid as is adding a second steering stabilizer.

Re: Jeep tires - 08/20/22 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by rickym

The wobble is just a Jeep being a Jeep. When they went away from leaf springs front suspension to coils, they introduced a system they could never fix. It’s tough to be able to have good articulation along with good on road driving characteristics. Airing tires down to stop a front end wobble is a bandaid as is adding a second steering stabilizer.

I know, she recently had the front sway bar replaced as it was still under factory warranty. Doesn’t have much issue with wobble anymore.
Posted By: EVCO

Re: Jeep tires - 08/21/22 02:08 AM

Pro Comp A/T's have a 65k tread wear warranty. Been running them on all my trucks for years. 4wheel parts stocks them
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum