Texas Hunting Forum

Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received

Posted By: TijuanaTom

Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 11:33 AM

Looking for some fresh ideas around corporate branded gifts and also relatively inexpensive trade show type swag. Whats some of the best stuff you have seen or received? I've given or received thousands of items over the years working in sales/marketing, and it always seems to be the same stuff... golf polos, yeti mugs, backpacks, etc.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 11:56 AM

I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of them but medium/small duffel bag he been my favorite. Perfect size for an overnight trip. I use mine at least once a month. I like everyone else have received all the others and they either make it to a crap shelf or the trash. So that company name on that bag gets out there as well.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:03 PM

Mouse pads still get good use
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:03 PM

How about a nice BT Speaker. Not a cheap one but a good one.
Posted By: nak

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:04 PM

Quality Backpacks and duffel bags are at the top of my list and IMHO get used the most.

For Trade Show Fodder...
In the medium price range, branded Bluetooth trackers\locators get used and get seen.
On the cheap side, but requiring manual effort ...the the laminated business card Luggage tags are great, and get you the full contact info
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:10 PM

Trucker hats, like a Richardson 112, can't get enough of them. The cheap hats don't fit my head good, and "one size fits all" stretch band hats are the Bain of my hat assortment. Can't beat a 112 snap back
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:21 PM

We've done airpods with our logo on the case, and soft coolers. I like both.

On the low end, I currently have an ad for a realtor I know nothing about on my fridge, because it's a magnetic Frisco ISD calendar.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:30 PM

My customers really Ike beer koozies with a magnet on them.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:32 PM

These seem to be appreciated -
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stub

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by TijuanaTom
Looking for some fresh ideas around corporate branded gifts and also relatively inexpensive trade show type swag. Whats some of the best stuff you have seen or received? I've given or received thousands of items over the years working in sales/marketing, and it always seems to be the same stuff... golf polos, yeti mugs, backpacks, etc.

I bet KRoyal can come up with something way cool up
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:34 PM

My buddy who used to work for Zachry used to give out super spook fishing lures with their company logo on it. When giving gifts to clients they would have that company logo put on it. It's a little on the higher end of cost but it sure beats a koozie that every home has 100's of.
Posted By: DukeCigars

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 12:57 PM

It depends on your budget and how far you want it to go. I’ve also worked/been in/around a ton of tradesshows having been in sales/marketing my whole life. Sometimes I’ve been with manufacturers who want to just give away 1-3 big ticket items through a raffle type deal or some sort of fun competition. Example, last year at one of my shows, one of my manufacturers gave away Yeti coolers for the first few winners of corn hole they had setup at their booth and at the end of the show did a raffle for the set of boards

Another manufacturer of mine has handed out thousands of branded mechanic gloves…that went exceptionally well. They bought in bulk enough for a good deal and I even had a few boxes of them for my own use for a long time. They just did the ones that typically retail for like $8-10/pair, but with partnering with the manufacturer I’m sure they paid $2-3/pair. Cheaper than hats and more useful IMO
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 01:47 PM

The corporate gift that I got the most use from was a canvas Orvis bag with a shoulder strap. It was the perfect size for use as a Possible Bag for hunting. Finally wore it out. Can’t find a replacement that’s as good as that one was, though I have searched.

Of course, I am a lifelong hunter, so the bag was great. If my brother had gotten the bag, he might have thrown it away. The gift needs to fit the person or persons, and good luck with that.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 01:56 PM

Golf umbrella... used to get them at funeral conventions when I sold hearses. Lost my last one 5 years ago... about 20 years after I got it. The handles were branded, not the canopy of the umbrella, since these were to be used at funerals...but you could brand the canopy for pretty much any other company.

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 01:58 PM

You may also look at a really good water bottle.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 02:10 PM

Only saw it one time at a software vendor convention, but one of the vendors had bottles of wine (good wine I might add) with their corporate logo on them. IIRC they weren't giving exactly them away, you dropped your business card in a hopper and they drew from it. About the only decent thing I've ever won.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 02:12 PM

I had no idea there was such a thing as a funeral convention. Surely they sell beer at those things, huh?
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
How about a nice BT Speaker. Not a cheap one but a good one.

This. When we got bought out there was a cute little 'welcome package' with a branded BT speaker, mousepad, and airpods. It really rammed home that I was just a cog in a machine and chained to the 'company store'.

I still use the now "de-branded" speaker; it was a quality item.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 02:35 PM

Drake brand concealed carry shirt with your logo.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 04:24 PM

Free Prerolls cool2
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 04:30 PM

Traeger grill? I won one this year at a golf outing raffle.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 04:30 PM

I always like to receive pocket knives or multi tool/leatherman from vendors.
Use them the most.
Medium size duffel bags are nice as well.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 04:50 PM

Anything that doesn't have a vendor logo on it smile I've gotten a few of those gifts and man those are the best.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 04:52 PM

Pro V1
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 05:22 PM

Worked a trade show last week in Dallas, and our marketing group sent two cases of light-up yo-yos with our logo. I was very skeptical they would move, but we gave away hundreds. People were seeing folks play with them out on the floor and were actively seeking us out. Lots of kids and grandkids received gifts that week.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by huntingbig8
Pro V1

If your gonna give away golf balls, go the extra couple bucks and get the good ones.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 06:39 PM

At one time you could get customized labels from Crown Royal. I ordered a dozen, and relabel that amount of bottles for a few good customers. I had one customer say thanks, but next time he preferred another brand of whiskey. He wanted Jack Daniels. Needless to say, he didn’t get offered any the next year. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, it’s the thought that counts.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by TijuanaTom

I bet KRoyal can come up with something way cool up

I'd need a good lead time though. I got so much crap going on LOL.

But thanks for the shout out up
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 06:50 PM

Small Leatherman type items are always appreciated. I keep them in the blinds, etc.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 08:23 PM

We gave out stress balls that were shaped and numbered like dice. Don’t know if the clients liked it, but we had a hell of a craps game going at our booth.
Posted By: TijuanaTom

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 10:06 PM

Lots of good feedback here, really appreciate all the replies. I'll comment on my favorites received or got the most positive feedback given...

1.) Agree, anything that doesn't have a company logo. Favorite gift w/o logo was a Sitka hoodie. First and only Sitka item i have seen given
2.) If you know your customers favorite sports team, a jersey with their last name on the back. This is something i have been doing for years and is very well received
3.) I'm a big fan of "adult pencil bags" as i cal them, or small tech bags to carry chargers, usbs, adapters, etc
Posted By: Stub

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Adchunts
Worked a trade show last week in Dallas, and our marketing group sent two cases of light-up yo-yos with our logo. I was very skeptical they would move, but we gave away hundreds. People were seeing folks play with them out on the floor and were actively seeking us out. Lots of kids and grandkids received gifts that week.

That is very cool corp gift (light up yo-yo's), even if you do not play with it your kids or somebody you knows kids would love it !
Posted By: JCB

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 10:50 PM

Mini Mag flash lights in a metal tin with the company logo on tin and the light is the best most useful convention stuff I ever got. Everyone can use a flashlight at some point.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 10:51 PM

Magnetic beer koozies. Use mine all the time. Stole as many as I could.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/01/22 10:52 PM

I have also gotten flash drives with a company logo on it. Thought that was a good one as well.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/02/22 01:55 AM

A hooters koozie. Not "Hooters", but a koozie with hooters. Got a few at the last MRO show in Dallas. Make for a decent grip, something to wrap your hand around while slamming one back. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
What can I say, there's a 13 year old boy inside every grown man and these were the most popular give away. Company logo is on the other side.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/02/22 02:44 AM

Koozies with magnets are legit. Hang them on a shop wall or the dock that sits on drill pipe.

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/02/22 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I had no idea there was such a thing as a funeral convention. Surely they sell beer at those things, huh?

Lol. Funeral directors and morticians are a different breed. Takes a special person to do it. I could sell the limos and hearses and even had to drive for a couple of funerals before, but not a full time gig.

And they had better stuff than beer.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/02/22 05:48 PM

My favorite is also the duffle bag thats a good size for the field or range. Also comes in handy to load up with other swag at the convention. Also both the computers on my desk have USB splitters from a trade show. And I never turn down a t-shirt. I'm pretty hard on clothes when I'm doing chores, and no one sees them except the wife, horses and goats.
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/02/22 08:37 PM

For a corporate gift....probably the best one I've ever received was a $200 box of Omaha Steaks, delivered to my home.

For corporate giveaways....we give out a lot of branded Richardson 112 hats (I work for Capital Farm Credit).
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/02/22 09:24 PM

I've gotten some really nice clothing and jackets but they are ruined by a corporate logo. So I started taking the ones I like to a tailor and having them do what they can to remove or cover up. Had a nice $200 jacket given to me that tailor simply put a velcro patch over the logo and now it looks like i've got a "tactical" jacket.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/03/22 03:46 AM

YETI ICE CHEST. 🍺
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Favorite Corporate Swag/Gift Received - 06/03/22 01:48 PM

I used to give away these at trade shows geared for the industrial group but the women there also like them for the house hold use. They were branded with our business logo on the side.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum