Texas Hunting Forum

Kidney stone.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 01:41 AM

Never had a kidney stone. Earlier today had some slight pain in the testicular area. Pain increased and hit me around appendix. Got pretty intense. Told wife to drive me to ER. As we were driving, pain hit a 10 and started sweating. I thought it was appendix.

It was kidney stone, doctor said I will have to pass it. Worse pain I have experienced.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 01:45 AM

Been there, done that. Hurts don't it?
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 01:48 AM

It’s terrible, I’ve had two. First one was like you, I thought for sure I was dying, I remember telling my wife where the safe keys were and stuff haha. Second one, I knew the pain seemed similar so I started pounding water and Gatorade and passed it in a few hours.

Good luck sir, it’s horrible for sure
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 01:58 AM

Thought I was going to die with mine. Went to ER doubled over and almost screaming in pain. They knew exactly what it was. Within minutes I was on morphine and no more pain. They blasted it the next day. Had to pee into a strainer for a while but I never saw any pieces. They say after one you're more likely than not to get another one. That was probably 15 years ago. Good luck.

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 02:04 AM

I guess the bad part was not knowing what it was. Now I know, I can deal with it better. Morphine helped for sure.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 02:06 AM

I better not get one now.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 02:20 AM

Passed on about 20 years ago. Pretty tough.

Fass forward Sept 21. Had an attack. 11mm stone stuck in the outlet of right kidney and an 8mm stone in left kidney. Blasted out 11mm in Oct 21. Making prep to blast other stone now.

As soon as recover..left knee replacement.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
I better not get one now.

Yeah. Good pain relievers hard to get now.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 03:25 AM

Been there twice. Sucks azz. Feels like a elephant stomping on crotch.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 03:28 AM

Take flomax if you can find it.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 03:38 AM

Have done 3-4 times. Very tough times. Pee into a collection bottle and make all attempts to recover. Submit to your urologist to analyze. They can tell you what your doing too much of. Change in diet is easy, when faced with chance of another!!!
Posted By: Greg

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 04:10 AM

Ouch… sorry Man. Just the thread title made me wince. I had a similar experience breaking out in sweats and throwing up everywhere. Two big ones they did lithotripsy on and then I caught all the slivers of glass in the strainer. They say most are from too much calcium. Worst pain in my life as well.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 06:59 AM

Drink more beer.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 10:21 AM

Yup, been there twice. First one took 14 days to pass. The second, they took out at day 5. I won't even go into that. eeks333

Prayers, sir.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 10:22 AM

Been there, in the 90's, they told me my kidney was dead as well and shrunk and that it needed to be removed. I was a young single man and a bit ornery, I told them if they removed my kidney I would remove them from the planet. lol I remember how pi**ed off the Dr was, They went in with a camera and a basket thing and took out the stone (looked like a sand spur) and a week later I left the hospital intact and kidney was working again and fine. That is one of the hospital visits I have had when i realized that Docs and hospitals are all about the money.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 10:42 AM

Just wrapped up # 3. Miserable miserable pain. Don’t wish those on my worst enemies.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 11:06 AM

Been there. Hurts like the devil.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 11:15 AM

I haven’t been there. Don’t want to go there. You guys have my crotch hurting from just thinking about it.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Drink more beer.

Solid advice ^^
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 11:30 AM

I had a 10 millimeter stone about 7 or 8 years ago. It took it all night (8 hours) to move from my kidney to my ureter. No ER. From there it was at least 2 months before it finally broke up naturally and I passed it.

That 8 hour period I could add every pain I ever felt in my entire life and it would not equal up. I thought I was going to die. No position was comfortable.

I've never drank a soft drink or tea only water. And I still got one. Keep drinking lots of water boys. And if you really want to avoid them every once in a while take a shot of Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. It takes the sharp edges off and allows you to pass them easier.
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 11:33 AM

And never ever tell your wife that that women say that passing a kidney stone is more difficult than giving birth.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 11:58 AM

I walked into to the ER at I think 2 am doubled over ten years in pain and had by appendix later that morning. The next year I got hit with a pain that I thought my appendix grew back! I toughed it out as long as I could and the pain hit me again in the early morning again and I couldn’t get out of bed and went to the hospital in a ambulance.

What Was strange was I had a buddy in the ER at the same time I was with my appendix with kidney stones he has been battling them ever since. They have blasted them to break them up. Just last year they had to go in through his back and kidney to remove them one was something like 12 to 16 mm and the doctor said it would have ever passed.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 12:04 PM

Bummer I have heard they are no fun at all, maybe like a woman giving birth with no pain meds confused2
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
Have done 3-4 times. Very tough times. Pee into a collection bottle and make all attempts to recover. Submit to your urologist to analyze. They can tell you what your doing too much of. Change in diet is easy, when faced with chance of another!!!

I worked with a guy that fished one out of the toilet. cannot imagine the pain.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 12:52 PM

Damn bro

Hope you get it passed soon and as easily as possible.

eek2

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by 71Rcode
And never ever tell your wife that that women say that passing a kidney stone is more difficult than giving birth.

My nurse told me it was a man's equivalent to childbirth. Her words.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Drink more beer.

Solid advice ^^

cheers
Posted By: freerange

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 04:16 PM

Mine was really painful.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lazyjack
Passed on about 20 years ago. Pretty tough.

Fass forward Sept 21. Had an attack. 11mm stone stuck in the outlet of right kidney and an 8mm stone in left kidney. Blasted out 11mm in Oct 21. Making prep to blast other stone now.

As soon as recover..left knee replacement.

11MM..... dang eeks333

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I
May have located a kitchen strainer. Keep that under your hat.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 05:38 PM

My daughter asked for my 2nd one to share in her nursing class at TWU haha

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I
May have located a kitchen strainer. Keep that under your hat.

I wouldn't put That under my hat...yuck!
Posted By: Heavy T

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/28/22 11:22 PM

I call B S on the mans child birth.
A woman will agree to have another child , BUT NO MAN will agree to another stone.
Don't ask me how I know.
Posted By: David7912

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/29/22 12:35 AM

My first one was the shape of a grass burr can't even describe the pain,crawled to the car to go to ER.They knew what it was right off when they saw me coming across the parking lot got me on back pretty quick and had good meds.Got it passed after second day.First time I ever had a Dr.ask if I liked to drink beer said it would help keep them flushed out.Second one I was 45 min from ER thought I was going to pass out pain was so bad plus they made me sit in waiting room for 30 min before they would take me back.Spent night in hospital said they were going in to get it if I couldn't pass it,luckily I passed it bout an hour before scheduled surgery.Didnt know what a stint was but I do now,don't let a Dr. fool you when he says it will only hurt for a second when he removes it.
Posted By: Catperch

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/29/22 01:03 AM

Had 5 of those dang things.... they are horrible. I keep saying I'm going to tough out the next one but I never do. Morphine is nice! Hope you get better Soon.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/29/22 02:23 AM

I had one about four years ago this month. Not the level of pain y'all describe. I just couldn't get in a position where it didn't hurt. By the time I got to see the doc the next day I think it had already passed because the pain was down in my right nut. Doc prescribed Flomax for a week after that and Chick-fil-A lemonade by the gallon.

Re: Kidney stone. - 03/29/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Homer Jay
I had one about four years ago this month. Not the level of pain y'all describe. I just couldn't get in a position where it didn't hurt. By the time I got to see the doc the next day I think it had already passed because the pain was down in my right nut. Doc prescribed Flomax for a week after that and Chick-fil-A lemonade by the gallon.

That’s what threw me off. Pain was in right but. Starting like I was kicked in balls. Then turned to upset stomach. Then intense pain, thought it was appendix. Then lower back.

Wife dropped me off at ambulance entry and bastards wouldn’t let me in. So had to walk 100 yards to main entry. I almost told them on the intercom that I had been shot, just to get in. Pain is powerful.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum