Texas Hunting Forum

Big rumors around here....

Posted By: billyhunt

Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 12:48 AM

Disney bought the Solana Ranch, which is 9000 acres along IH 35 between Jarrell and Salado.Have heard that there is other people that they have been in touch with that have acreage next to it that they want. Dont really know, but just whats in the wind!!!!!!
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 12:50 AM

Surprised it wasn’t sold to the CCP
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 12:52 AM

Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 12:57 AM

I heard that same rumor 15 years ago.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 01:38 AM

Over our way, the Mormons are buying it all.

We also have huge solar panel farms all around us.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 01:40 AM

Same rumor here 20 years ago
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 02:38 AM

I hear there’s catfish at the dam big enough to swallow a person. Which lake? All of them. The underwater welders told me.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 03:03 AM

I remember these same sorts of rumors back in the 90s when I was a teenager. But the location was North Texas. Some people are so gullible. Maybe if you keep spreading that rumor, Microsoft will send you money!
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 03:37 AM

Solar is coming in big. Lots of solar fields going up now....there is a big one in Knippa, one going in just west of Pearsall, two big fields outside Laredo, some big ones outside of McCamey, it’s not stopping.

Not sure which one I detest more, solar panels or wind turbines.

I would be pro-solar if instead of taking up good land they would put them on peoples rooftops....you know, the ones who are actually using the electricity.

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 09:13 AM

Been hearing the same rumors about Disney buying 5500 acres Brinkman Ranch in Frisco for 15 years.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 10:17 AM

Never said I believed it. I remember early 80s Disney was going to buy the Sunset ranch by Lake Travis. It was also a rumor that Samsung was coming to Taylor.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Solar is coming in big. Lots of solar fields going up now....there is a big one in Knippa, one going in just west of Pearsall, two big fields outside Laredo, some big ones outside of McCamey, it’s not stopping.

I would be pro-solar if instead of taking up good land they would put them on peoples rooftops....you know, the ones who are actually using the electricity.

That one is easy. Just visit the Cooke County area and see what lies and greed provides.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 11:39 AM

As long as they stay the hell away from here.....
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Yeah, we heard the Disney thing many years ago in North Texas. Meh...

True thing though on the solar fields - we have a big field under construction in western Brown County. It is proposed at 2,500 acres and they were asking the County for tax relief. The County said no, and most thought that killed the deal, but as I drove past a couple of weeks ago scouting dove, it looked like the project remains underway - guess they decided worth it even without County assistance.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 02:31 PM

Disney is usually more subtle.
When they had the idea for Disney World and EPCOT they set up five or six shell companies and the shell companies started buying small parcels of land in the area. No one shell company bought contiguous land and the were always different sized properties. There were stories of lots of land being bought but there was no pattern or commonality.

Until the big announcement.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 02:48 PM

Great. More traffic on I-35 is just what we need. rolleyes
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 02:53 PM

Wait so they didn't buy the Ingle side base and ain't turning it into cruise resort? Lol
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 03:26 PM

Heard the same from a couple very reliable sources however they are saying
#1) Disney only purchased 6000 acres, Solana kept the remainder
#2) Disney paid $25,000/acre
#3)They will build a Sun City style(not sure old folks) neighborhood.

These are the rumors that I am hearing.
I also heard that someone went to the Salado school board mtg to let them know about 50K homes being built in Salado ISD.

I hear stuff all the time and I don't know what to believe, not even from these reliable resources.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by billyhunt
Disney bought the Solana Ranch, which is 9000 acres along IH 35 between Jarrell and Salado.Have heard that there is other people that they have been in touch with that have acreage next to it that they want. Dont really know, but just whats in the wind!!!!!!

Sounds kinda reminiscent of Yellowstone lol
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by NewGulf
Originally Posted by billyhunt

Sounds kinda reminiscent of Yellowstone lol

Yeah, but Jarred/Salado aint no Western Montana.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Big rumors around here.... - 09/22/21 06:47 PM

Read that Disney was ready to break ground on their new TexLand Park, I'll see if I can find a link.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum