Texas Hunting Forum

Social Security Check is late !!!!!!

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 10:28 PM

usually deposited on the 19th

I guess Joe already cancelled them to pay for his silly games.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 10:31 PM

Ours are deposited on 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of the month. The actual date changes all the time
Posted By: John2

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I guess Joe already cancelled them to pay for his silly games.

He probably gave it to the border crossers cuz they have to eat and have a place to live.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 10:36 PM

Take a deep breath.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 10:39 PM

Hacker? Switched banks on you?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 10:48 PM

My wife received her first one today.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 11:10 PM

Fourth Hump Day of every month. Never failed. cheers
Posted By: Blank

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/20/21 11:12 PM

Second Wed of the month; between the 8th and 15th, depending on rotation.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 12:11 AM

Mine is the third Wed of every month and never failed. I guess Ill know tomorrow.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 12:16 AM

At least y’all are getting a return on what you’ve paid into it.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
At least y’all are getting a return on what you’ve paid into it.

very true

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Mine is the third Wed of every month and never failed. I guess Ill know tomorrow.

I never thought about what "day" it posts, just the "date". maybe tomorrow like most of yall
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 03:07 AM

Buzz, lets be honest. If you are looking for that to pay for [censored] you could not afford that is on you. In 30 years if I [censored] this up that bad I deserved it as I do not pay in to the system.
Posted By: Hooker

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 03:26 AM

[quote=Sneaky]At least y’all are getting a return on what you’ve paid into it. [/quote

For 23 years now
Posted By: pkhunter624

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Same as Bill get mine on the 4th Wednesday of the month

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by pkhunter624

Same as Bill get mine on the 4th Wednesday of the month

One week from today. Beats the snot out of 40 acres and a mule.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 12:45 PM

Mine was sent on the 1st Wednesday and hit the bank on Thursday in July. It often varies a day or two, sometimes a week.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 12:48 PM

Mine is paid on a date rather than a day. If it falls on a weekend or holiday I get it before then.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
Buzz, lets be honest. If you are looking for that to pay for [censored] you could not afford that is on you. In 30 years if I [censored] this up that bad I deserved it as I do not pay in to the system.

You are smart to be investing all you can on your own, I live on my S.S. and Pension. All my savings pay for all my toys, hunting and the fun stuff. I was lucky and had the opportunity to cash in on many stock splits and Stock Options the 30 years I was at SYSCO FOODS. 401K was my friend, especially the "double up" feature after 50 years old if I remember the age # correctly.
Young people should NOT, NEVER, NO be counting on the government for ANYTHING in the future. Invest on your own BUT do it with a REAL Money manager who is a fiduciary. Make sure its someone you trust, NOT a friend, family member OR a forum member, get with a pro.
Posted By: Huskerron

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 01:02 PM

Here’s how it works people. If your birthday is 1-10, you get it on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. If your birthday is 11-20 you get it on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. If your birthday is 21-last day of month, you get it on 4th Wednesday. That came from Social Security website. I’ve been getting them since 2016 and I don’t think it’s ever missed. If you check that, I would be very surprised if it’s late. Although this month, there were a few extra days because July started on a Thursday.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 01:04 PM

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-am...ry/the-truth-behind-40-acres-and-a-mule/

100 Amazing Facts About
The Truth Behind ’40 Acres and a Mule’
by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 01:05 PM

Well I don't know when it pays but I'm fixing to find out. I was going to start drawing in 2016 and try to retire but put it off when Trump was elected. I decided after Biden took office to go ahead and start drawing, I tried on-line at first and that was a disaster, got kicked out of the site 3 times over about a 6 month period. Yesterday I called the local office number and someone finally answered and now have an appointment in 2 to three weeks, they'll send me a notice. While the person I talked to was pleasant the whole process has not been. I don't know why they have to make it so complicated, it's almost like it's on purpose. Used to be you could just walk into your local SS office but they've been shut down since the covid scare and I suspect this is the way it will always be from now on. They sure enjoyed taking my money for over 50 years but they damn sure don't like giving it back.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 01:15 PM

Buzz - the last time the 19th was a Wednesday, it was in May and was the third Wednesday. If that is correct, you should get today if your comment about the 19th is correct.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 01:37 PM

HwyMan - I just told you when it pays. But I will agree that getting set up for it was pretty much a nightmare. Go in to local office. Big old fat guy in a security uniform (probably a GS20 or so). No one in line so I sit down in waiting room. Only human there. Fat guy says “you need something?” I said “yes I have a quick question for one of the two ladies sitting at their desks”. He says “you don’t get nothing without a number”. Keep in mind the two ladies are doing nothing because I’m the only one there. I go over and get my number and then one of the ladies calls my number in about 15 seconds. So, I’m certainly not defending them. The enrollment process was certainly broken back in 2016/17. I asked the lady my question and I was out of there in less than a minute. Tip: if you’re still working. I do t know if Texas has a state income tax. Social security will not do state income tax withholding. You may have a large state income tax liability if Texas has it. I got burnt first year and now just file estimated state income tax.
Posted By: lost again

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Well I don't know when it pays but I'm fixing to find out. I was going to start drawing in 2016 and try to retire but put it off when Trump was elected. I decided after Biden took office to go ahead and start drawing, I tried on-line at first and that was a disaster, got kicked out of the site 3 times over about a 6 month period. Yesterday I called the local office number and someone finally answered and now have an appointment in 2 to three weeks, they'll send me a notice. While the person I talked to was pleasant the whole process has not been. I don't know why they have to make it so complicated, it's almost like it's on purpose. Used to be you could just walk into your local SS office but they've been shut down since the covid scare and I suspect this is the way it will always be from now on. They sure enjoyed taking my money for over 50 years but they damn sure don't like giving it back.

I just went through the exact same thing. My first call to them was on may 24th I was finally able to file via phone appointment on July 9th but they did back date everything to the 24th I received my first check on July 13th. Good luck. It is truly a PITA.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 02:12 PM

I will be getting my 6th SS check today. I went on line last October and had no issues filling out the information. The SS website kept saying that my request was being reviewed for 3 months, and then in late January I received a phone call from a lady saying she was in charge of my review process and I had been approved. Three weeks later and I got what I thought I would never see in my lifetime..................... My first Social Security Check.

Almost everyone and everything on the internet and You Tube tells you to wait till full retirement age or even 70 till you retire and file for SS benefits. I just turned 62 and in the past 2 years and even this week I have friends, family, class mates and co-workers who have suddenly passed from various unexpected reason. Tomorrow is not promised so enjoy today while you can.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 02:41 PM

Getting set up for SS, for me, was real easy and done by phone. That was in 2009, when I was 62. Sure glad I didn’t have the problems you guys had/have.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 02:50 PM

I don't know why some of y'all are worried about getting your SS checksas they will come.We do direct deposit so I have no idea when it arrives but I know it will come.
Posted By: Couzin

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Don't know if your check (auto deposit?) showed yet but
THIS happened to me a while back so be diligent!
Posted By: soooo

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 03:57 PM

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-am...ry/the-truth-behind-40-acres-and-a-mule/

100 Amazing Facts About
The Truth Behind ’40 Acres and a Mule’
by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.

If you had 40 acres you could have, like, a harem of mules to plow.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 04:04 PM

Make sure and do your research on how you file!! It can make all the difference in how much you receive and the office will not help you understand cheers
Posted By: Judd

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 04:12 PM

So the cliff notes version of this post is just like your news station Buzz...#fakenews...you really just didn't know how it worked roflmao
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 06:29 PM

It will depend on your birthday as to what Wednesday you get paid. My wife gets hers on the second Wednesday and I get mine on the forth Wednesday.
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC

It will depend on your birthday as to what Wednesday you get paid. My wife gets hers on the second Wednesday and I get mine on the forth Wednesday.

+1, second, third, or fourth Wednesday. I was born on the 13th and get mine on the third Wednesday. Last month it was the 15th and this month the 21st.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 08:02 PM

Man this post sheds a little light on the average age around here... im feeling young again!

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Man this post sheds a little light on the average age around here... im feeling young again!

Enjoy it while you can! It goes by faster than you think.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Yep, that red chevy will be a rust bucket before you know it....
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 08:45 PM

No kidding, I feel really young after reading this thread..

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 09:31 PM

Funny!

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 10:17 PM

Medicare in a big bonus.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/21/21 10:21 PM

Funny!

Yeah it was laugh

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Huskerron
Buzz - the last time the 19th was a Wednesday, it was in May and was the third Wednesday. If that is correct, you should get today if your comment about the 19th is correct.

Hit today, sorry for all the confusion, all mine.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 11:40 AM

LOOKOUT. HERE COMES INFLATION. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 03:58 PM

O LOOK ANOTHER POST FOR COUNT.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by John2

I see that you are not a noticer. I have a standing agreement to exchange my useless post for your useless three dollar bill.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 04:24 PM

I see that you are not a noticer. I have a standing agreement to exchange my useless post for your useless three dollar bill.

I prefer a noticer of noticers.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 04:32 PM

When I got Medicare last October I was advised by the supplement agent to go ahead and get into the system at SSA.gov, which I did. I check it once in a while, coincidentally just yesterday. My full retirement age will be this January and I'll start drawing.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 04:37 PM

You still wearing those fancy thongs ?.

Re: Social Security Check is late !!!!!! - 07/22/21 04:44 PM

You still wearing those fancy thongs ?.

Yep.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum