Texas Hunting Forum

Mask signs are down

Posted By: 603Country

Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 06:51 PM

Went to the hardware store today and a couple of other places in the past couple of days. Except for Brookshire’s, I couldn’t find a mask sign.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 06:56 PM

I'll drink to that!
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 07:09 PM

This is going to be better than expected, some of the Democrats I’ve talked to have stated they’re going to quit going out in public so they don’t die. I encouraged them to stay home for their safety. Win win.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 07:10 PM

Miracles still happen.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 07:55 PM

That’s fantastic
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 08:20 PM

And folks at Wal Mart think it is Wednesday not Monday. Everyone at Ace and bank was wearing masks.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 08:49 PM

banana
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 08:57 PM

What will the pro-masker's do with themselves now?
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 08:58 PM

We just lived our lives, never bought into the whole Scamdemic.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 09:50 PM

Last I heard is Walmart will keep their "Masked Required" sign up for now. But I bet they change their policy as far as giving people a hard time about not wearing one.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 10:32 PM

I’ve been in Wimberly a few days on short vacation trip an mask signs everywhere. Ate at Gristmill and walked around Gruene today and everyone had on masks.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by swampthang
Last I heard is Walmart will keep their "Masked Required" sign up for now. But I bet they change their policy as far as giving people a hard time about not wearing one.

Sign means nothing unless you have the gonads to enforce it
Posted By: leswad

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 10:38 PM

Needed a new dog bed, and having been really happy with the current Orvis model. Checked their website, had it in Plano, drove to the location and was told a mask is required. Said no thanks, left and remembered we have a Filson in the hood. Filson had no such mask requirements and stated it was individual’s choice.

All future overpriced goods will be bought from Filson.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 10:41 PM

It's not going to be like flipping a switch.
When you pound this into the sheep's heads for over a year, they cannot simply take off the mask and live.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 10:47 PM

bounce
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 10:50 PM

Drove into Houston today. People are wearing their masks everywhere, even inside their cars with no else in the vehicle.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:15 PM

We just got back from South Padre Island. Almost everyone had masks on - even a bunch while driving down the road in a car by themselves. There were signs to wear masks on the beach. We didn't wear masks anywhere outside and no one ever said anything.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:16 PM

I get auto messages from a major fabrication yard here, called Kiewit Offshore Services (KOS). Have been working there since they opened. Huge yard where most deep water offshore Oil & Gas production facilities are built. If you want your job, gonna have to fall in like it or not. SMDH.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
We just got back from South Padre Island. Almost everyone had masks on - even a bunch while driving down the road in a car by themselves. There were signs to wear masks on the beach. We didn't wear masks anywhere outside and no one ever said anything.

[Linked Image]

Absolutely MORONIC.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:29 PM

just went to lowes and I was the only one with out a mask. I asked the girl when I walked in if they were still doing the mask crap and she said no.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
I’ve been in Wimberly a few days on short vacation trip an mask signs everywhere. Ate at Gristmill and walked around Gruene today and everyone had on masks.

Originally Posted by Tin Head
just went to lowes and I was the only one with out a mask. I ask the girl when I walked in if they were still doing the mask crap and she said no.

See?

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by leswad
Needed a new dog bed, and having been really happy with the current Orvis model. Checked their website, had it in Plano, drove to the location and was told a mask is required. Said no thanks, left and remembered we have a Filson in the hood. Filson had no such mask requirements and stated it was individual’s choice.

thank you

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

just went to lowes and I was the only one with out a mask. I ask the girl when I walked in if they were still doing the mask crap and she said no.

See?

yes, maybe trump lost by a landslide because there is a ton of idiot drones that out there that will fall for anything.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/08/21 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by leswad

Filson is better quality. You pay for it up front, but it will last for ever. Buy once, cry once.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
even inside their cars with no else in the vehicle.

Yep,that's the most s**t awful stupid thing I ever seen in my life.
roflmao
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 12:54 AM

Never been challenged by a Wal mart employee.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by angus1956

Never been challenged by a Wal mart employee.

Walmarts in rural areas are probably a little more lenient than ones in urban areas. I haven't seen a person without a mask at my local WM (suburban) in several weeks,maybe months. I went in to WM a few days ago and forgot to put on a mask,but I wasn't about to walk all the way back out to my car to get the stupid thing.No problems occured.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 01:16 AM

Haven't worn one since Abbott made the announcement... And I'm not going too!

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 01:32 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 01:33 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 02:40 AM

Mask = collar and leash
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
[Linked Image]

I like this
Posted By: TKM

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 03:58 PM

up

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 04:03 PM

We're at the point where nobody is saying anything, mask or no mask.
Posted By: intohunting

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 04:06 PM

Drove into Houston today. People are wearing their masks everywhere, even inside their cars with no else in the vehicle.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by intohunting

[Linked Image]

rofl

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:02 PM

They are not down in my area
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
They are not down in my area

Thought you allegedly lived in the country?
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:12 PM

Kohl's will require employees only to wear masks.. Customers are not required as of tomorrow. Most of the places here in Parker County put up the mandated signs but never really enforced it.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:21 PM

Sitting in Blue Bonnet Cafe right now an everybody has masks on(except at table).
Waitress said they will continue “requiring” masks for guests.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:33 PM

I noticed today that KPRC has a countdown time showing how long before the mask mandates ends. Of course, they're taking the angle that it's a countdown death clock.

Sometimes I think to myself that if a foreign army could put enough troops on our shores, there would be millions of Americans who would demand our immediate surrender.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:41 PM

Our school board voted to make mask optional for all staff...poll from staff and parents greatly favored eliminating the nonsense. If you choose to wear, more power to you.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:49 PM

Sitting in Blue Bonnet Cafe right now an everybody has masks on(except at table).

See?

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:58 PM

There's lots of Cafes to choose from.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Sometimes I think to myself that if a foreign army could put enough troops on our shores, there would be millions of Americans who would demand our immediate surrender.

I agree....most of the time it's the same group that will disrespect my countries flag.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/09/21 07:03 PM

You wear a mask Me & My money goes elsewhere.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 12:43 AM

Jack didn't require a mask here in OK tonight.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 03:09 AM

Just ate in Georgetown at El Monumento. Waiter said DEFINITELY no mask requirements after today. Employees still will I think cause they would get shut down(14 days) if employee had a case and didn’t have a mask on.
Posted By: WT_Foxtrot

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 03:31 AM

Quit wearing one months ago and not one person has ever said a word, employee, customer, anyone. And never been turned away from a place of business. Been lifted in my county for almost a week and folks still walking around with them not only in stores and restaurants, but just walking down the street. Unreal.......

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

You wear a mask Me & My money goes elsewhere.

I wondered what happened to you. confused2
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 02:42 PM

This has given so many people a voice by being able to tell me to wear my mask, hope they all fade back into oblivion. I've only really had 1 real bad experience and it was with the manager at William-Sonoma on University in Ft Worth. The most mad I've been was at the really big gun store close to West 7th in Ft Worth, the little girl couldn't believe that I wouldn't put a mask on. I had the virus in early Dec. was over it in 2 days and tested positive for antibodies in mid Jan, I'm good, let me make my own choices.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 02:49 PM

Sounds like some of you don't want to share the planet. Sure would hate to see some of you in a chemical war situation or would I? A little old paper mask doesn't bother me near as much as a gas mask. lol... Yes I protected your rights to free speech and other freedoms but can we stop dead_horse salute
Posted By: 1955

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 03:03 PM

I say to each his own !
Posted By: janie

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1955
I say to each his own !

Pretty much. Wanna mask up? Go for it, but don't expect me to do the same.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 03:28 PM

texas texas
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 07:26 PM

I like how folks think they have some magical right to do whatever they want on someone else's property. In Texas, you can be denied entrance and service on private property for just about anything with a few exceptions. Just because it's a public space, doesn't mean it's not private property. I haven't been all caught up in the whole pro mask / anti mask thing but if it's my house, it's my rules. texas
Posted By: Screwdriver

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I like how folks think they have some magical right to do whatever they want on someone else's property. In Texas, you can be denied entrance and service on private property for just about anything with a few exceptions. Just because it's a public space, doesn't mean it's not private property. I haven't been all caught up in the whole pro mask / anti mask thing but if it's my house, it's my rules. texas

I guess you missed that over the past year if you owned a business, it wasn't "my house, my rules."

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 11:09 PM

money rules so your point is moot

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Screwdriver

I guess you missed that over the past year if you owned a business, it wasn't "my house, my rules."

True story.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 11:13 PM

Open it back up.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/10/21 11:23 PM

it's open
Posted By: John2

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:17 AM

We went to a mexican restaurant yesterday for lunch and wore masks until we got seated.Went today for lunch at a different one and carried our masks in our hands,I asked the hostess if masks were required and she nope.All employees are still required to wear them at this time but who knows for how much longer.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:38 AM

3-10-2021

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:41 AM

I guess you missed the thread is about right now, March 10th, 100% open with no state restrictions.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:43 AM

Let’s all hope it stays open !

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1955
Let’s all hope it stays open !
Posted By: Stub

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:57 AM

I went into Home Depot today without a mask, 99% of the customers had one on, all employees are still required to wear one.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
I went into Home Depot today without a mask, 99% of the customers had one on, all employees are still required to wear one.

same here in Frisco. Frisco is pretty much california though
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 02:41 AM

Last Saturday even Sherman was 80%. Nobody said anything to me about it but I was surprised a little to see that many.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 02:53 AM

Had to go to wal-mart and academy all employees had masks wally world greeter asked if we had one I asked if they were required he said No I said God Bless Texas texas
Posted By: Screwdriver

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 05:49 AM

I guess you missed the thread is about right now, March 10th, 100% open with no state restrictions.

Ok, so it's your house your rules when big gov removes its boot from your throat. Got it.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 06:09 AM

Ok, so it's your house your rules when big gov removes its boot from your throat. Got it.

The state just opened everything up, That's what the thread is about. You seem to be an unhappy person about the pandemic. I'm sorry for you being unhappy.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:23 PM

We need to start a good guy / bad guy list. We need a list of all the places that won't force their beliefs on us so that we can visit those places. The places that force a mask on us can go out of business.
Posted By: don k

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 12:49 PM

The wife and I went to Kerrville yesterday and ate lunch at the Boat. Place was packed as well as the bar and not a mask to be seen. Not even the staff had masks. Was a truly welcome sight.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 01:13 PM

okay I get it sign says mask and it's policy then we should wear mask! Private place and right to refuse service and such. Would you care to walk into a place with some people not wearing pants or indecent dress? I see sign I put it on and go about what I need to do and leave NOT stand there like I am the bada$$ on the block questioning a hourly employee about there policy! THEY don't care if you shop there then walk outside and grab your chest and keel over! So being a Rebel without a clue and saying how you don't care about signs on doors remember that when some perv walks in with his junk out and children around. Just do what is asked or go buy your bus ticket and prep for next capital invasion if you really desire attention, rest of us just shop,dine and go about our days.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 01:30 PM

Austin is definitely California

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 01:37 PM

Are you telling me that I can leave my mask in the truck today at Walmart? confused2
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Stump_jumper

Austin is definitely California

so is Denton and San Antonio and Houston and Dallas and now looks like Fort Worth too.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by RLoving1
okay I get it sign says mask and it's policy then we should wear mask! Private place and right to refuse service and such. Would you care to walk into a place with some people not wearing pants or indecent dress? I see sign I put it on and go about what I need to do and leave NOT stand there like I am the bada$$ on the block questioning a hourly employee about there policy! THEY don't care if you shop there then walk outside and grab your chest and keel over! So being a Rebel without a clue and saying how you don't care about signs on doors remember that when some perv walks in with his junk out and children around. Just do what is asked or go buy your bus ticket and prep for next capital invasion if you really desire attention, rest of us just shop,dine and go about our days.

Not even close to the same thing since one is a crime. But you know that.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 01:59 PM

Cbump for the win.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by cbump

I’m fortunate to live in a county that gave up mask months ago for the most part. I will say I believe in a businesses right to refuse service. If they want me to wear a pointy hat to be in there it’s their right. It’s my choice if I put one on or go somewhere else. I’m not mad at them either way.

It’s all about choices, if you chose to live in a liberal city the don’t bitch about it, either get involved in the local government, tow their line, or move. All changes start locally, if your not going to be involved quit your bitching.

For the record, I’m about as “don’t tread on me” as one can get.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 02:34 PM

Now available on Amazon.com:
https://www.amazon.com/FACEMASK-Double-Layer-Protective-Repeatedly-Anti-Haze/dp/B08GCWGB9J[/img]

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169

I’m fortunate to live in a county that gave up mask months ago for the most part. I will say I believe in a businesses right to refuse service. If they want me to wear a pointy hat to be in there it’s their right. It’s my choice if I put one on or go somewhere else. I’m not mad at them either way.

It’s all about choices, if you chose to live in a liberal city the don’t bitch about it, either get involved in the local government, tow their line, or move. All changes start locally, if your not going to be involved quit your bitching.

For the record, I’m about as “don’t tread on me” as one can get.

I believe in the same thing. I also believe in an individuals right to take their business elsewhere.
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 03:26 PM

I walked into a store this morning.. (privately owned family chain) and they use to have a sign saying masks are mandatory or no entry.. it now says.. We will continue to encourage mask be worn by our customers but we will not mandate it.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 03:32 PM

Trust, but verify. I'm headed that way but I have the mask in my pocket.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 08:48 PM

My office says Our employees will continue to wear masks.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 09:15 PM

Our office leaves it up to the patients.

Employees will wear them as we deal with cancer patients. No changes for the immediate future.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by intohunting

Yeah buy that and really look like a genius wearing a made in china mask, bought off amazon, to protect against a chinese virus
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
My office says Our employees will continue to wear masks.

A wise office that remains concerned about the health and safety of all.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 09:23 PM

Baah, Ba, Baa, Bah, Baaaaaaaaaaaa.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 09:55 PM

We still aren't allowed to attend our grandsons college baseball games even with a mask but we can go to the local high school baseball games without a mask. I guess higher education increases your odds of catching Covid confused2

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 10:33 PM

Non maskers and atheist are about the same. Both trying to fight what they don't believe could be real. To each his own. Bless your hearts. At least maskers have faith in something and makes them okay in my book. I don't hold anything against non maskers but our employees are where they need to be and that's WORKING to support their families.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 10:50 PM

Whether you want to wear a mask or not, it’s way past time we found out if a mask has any effect at all. Rather than ranting about either side of the argument, let’s just see what happens here in Texas as we move away from mandatory mask wearing.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Whether you want to wear a mask or not, it’s way past time we found out if a mask has any effect at all. Rather than ranting about either side of the argument, let’s just see what happens here in Texas as we move away from mandatory mask wearing.

you really think these folks wont play this up? You have a lot of faith in the proven lies

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 11:12 PM

Non maskers and atheist are about the same. Both trying to fight what they don't believe could be real. To each his own. Bless your hearts. At least maskers have faith in something and makes them okay in my book. I don't hold anything against non maskers but our employees are where they need to be and that's WORKING to support their families.

Not many people believe covid is a made up thing that doesn't exist like an atheist.

I'm an anti masker I guess because I think they are stupid and never wore one. I do believe covid is real however I'm just not the slightest bit worried about it and never have been.

Your user name is sure on point though. Might add sinker in there as well

And I'm WORKING as well. And have been without stop, even all last year. Without a mask. And haven't got sick.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/11/21 11:15 PM

[Linked Image]

Would you?

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by z71dustin

I'm an anti masker I guess because I think they are stupid and never wore one. I do believe covid is real however I'm just not the slightest bit worried about it and never have been.

You might say i'm "pro choice" on this issue. If someone wants to wear the mask, wear it. Don't force, or mandate me to either.
read a previous post where the author said "at least maskers have faith in something"

well, i have faith in someone. and that is why i am not scared of this virus, nor is the rest of my family.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 12:10 AM

Not many people believe covid is a made up thing that doesn't exist like an atheist.

Your user name is sure on point though. Might add sinker in there as well

And I'm WORKING as well. And have been without stop, even all last year. Without a mask. And haven't got sick.

The point is, you and the antis don't believe in the protection of the mask. grin There are 6 floors in our building and 3 are shut down because of people not wearing masks and getting their group sick. We have 3 floors and haven't shut down once. Not bad when it comes to keeping 354 people safe. Be your brother's keeper and help keep him safe in his work space. I don't care if I get it, I might not have symptoms but I would hate to be the cause of one of my co-workers not being able to work or worse, die. We've been able to elude any village idiots so we will keep our employees safe with what we have seen work. I don't wear a mask out in the field but I've been wearing one at home long before this crap, and that's just because I'm a responsible care giver and have seen the mask work. Maybe you just look stupid in one but nobody thinks your stupid if you were one. Oh wait maybe some do.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 12:42 AM

To be clear he said “be your brothers keeper”.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by wp75169
To be clear he said “be your brothers keeper”.

brother's or brothers', yes.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 01:21 AM

17 people in my and my wife’s family have had the virus. Only one was significantly sick. All of them wore masks and followed the ‘rules’. Personally, I don’t think the masks are effective, but I have worn one when I had to.

If someone wants to wear a mask and “believe”, that’s fine with me. As for me, I won’t be wearing a mask from now on unless I have to.

Further, as I mentioned earlier, it’s time to put this mask business to the test. Let’s just see what happens when the dropped mask mandate has been in effect for a couple of weeks. There is no other way to know for sure, and I, for one, would like to know.

So wear a mask or not. I don’t care.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 01:27 AM

the government should stop everyone from having sex and driving cars while they are at it.

October 8, 2019 – Growing threat of newborn deaths from syphilis
Combined cases of syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia reached an all-time high in the United States in 2018, according to the annual Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance Report released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can have severe health consequences. Among the most tragic are newborn deaths related to congenital syphilis, which increased 22 percent from 2017 to 2018 (from 77 to 94 deaths).

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3

You might say i'm "pro choice" on this issue. If someone wants to wear the mask, wear it. Don't force, or mandate me to either.
read a previous post where the author said "at least maskers have faith in something"

well, i have faith in someone. and that is why i am not scared of this virus, nor is the rest of my family.

Wish they'd just wad it up and shove it their mouth so we don't have to hear anymore of the BS. Stop telling me how you want me to live.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 02:53 AM

I will be glad when there are no more lines separating maskers and anti maskers or threads about the virus! I wear mine just long enough to get in and out of places. I tolerate it when it is a place I desire to shop or eat but not going to put it on any kind of list because of their policy. Now if they are a place that leans to a extreme belief that I don't agree with I will explore another option. We are getting closer to the day when we can debate giving a buck another year instead of social distance rules! chicken

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 02:58 AM

Any body noticed that if you going to a dining establishment that when you have to wear mask that once you are seated and have menu the mask can come off? The cure is a menu! Thinking outside the box here but just food for thought! roflmao
Posted By: Guy

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 03:01 AM

The mask discussion is stupid and old, its the extremest left and right that keep it going.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Guy
The mask discussion is stupid and old, its the extremest left and right that keep it going.

The mask discussion is still going because of the left. The Right has been done with this because many have actually listened to folks that weren't shoved in your face by the left.

The mask discussion is still going because of the left. The Right has been done with this because many have actually listened to folks that weren't shoved in your face by the left.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Guy

It does not matter how many times you say it they will still believe it to be true. I can count on 2 hands how many masks I have been asked to wear and a 1/4 were actually legit (oldre or just out of heart surgery) and I get it and was not a problem. The mask Karen's were easy to see.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

So where does Qanon stand on the subject? Asking for a friend.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Dumb thing to say.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Dumb thing to say.

Only to you.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:28 AM

I’ve never listened to anything Qanon has had to say.

You just keep on wearing your mask and doing what you’re told.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:29 AM

We know you are a head case already and you say that... rofl Whatever

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:32 AM

Getting back to intelligent discussion, I hate that the State imposed the mask order and the business closures. I know it was legal, because I've read the legislation that allows the Governor to do it, but it still annoys me. I just can't get over the people who think they can walk into someone else's business, where there is a sign saying mask required, and they think they have the right to do whatever they want on someone else's property. It's not your land. You don't own it. You don't manage it. It's a public place so you're allowed to go there, but you have to abide by the landowners rules, just like your deer lease. Our society has become accustomed to thinking private property is somehow public property. That's not how it works in Texas.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:35 AM

Try walking into their house and get back with me. I do that daily....

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

Is this the little guy who posts pics of hard plates and SBR's on here waiting for the end of the world? I'm old and I forget who is who on here sometimes. If that's you, it's cute.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 06:07 AM

Getting back to intelligent discussion, I hate that the State imposed the mask order and the business closures. I know it was legal, because I've read the legislation that allows the Governor to do it, but it still annoys me. I just can't get over the people who think they can walk into someone else's business, where there is a sign saying mask required, and they think they have the right to do whatever they want on someone else's property. It's not your land. You don't own it. You don't manage it. It's a public place so you're allowed to go there, but you have to abide by the landowners rules, just like your deer lease. Our society has become accustomed to thinking private property is somehow public property. That's not how it works in Texas.

Intelligent discussion. roflmao

You literally think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy theory. I bet you think Epstein killed himself too, and biden won the election fair & square.

The State doesn’t own private businesses, they don’t manage them, it’s not their land or property, but that didn’t stop the State from implementing idiotic regulations in the name of public safety that ended up putting many of them out of business permanently. That’s not how it’s supposed to work in Texas. Our society has become accustomed to knee jerk reactions and a false sense of security everytime something bad happens.

Anyway, carry on with your intelligent discussion. Goodnight.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 06:17 AM

Except the landowner wasn't in control of his rules.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 06:25 AM

You literally think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy theory. I bet you think Epstein killed himself too, and biden won the election fair & square.

The State doesn’t own private businesses, they don’t manage them, it’s not their land or property, but that didn’t stop the State from implementing idiotic regulations in the name of public safety that ended up putting many of them out of business permanently. That’s not how it’s supposed to work in Texas. Our society has become accustomed to knee jerk reactions and a false sense of security everytime something bad happens.

What you are ignorant of could fill volumes of books. A business has to operate under the Business And Commerce Code of the state of Texas. I doubt you've ever read a word of it. I've read every word of it. Are you really dumb enough to believe that the Governor would do something unlawful? He has a team a lawyers to make ensure he doesn't. You're trying to discuss something way over your level and it's kind of embarrassing on your part.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 06:29 AM

Except the landowner wasn't in control of his rules.

An open business has to operate under the codified laws of the State Of Texas and the local ordinances too. Nothing new for a hundred years.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 06:59 AM

What you are ignorant of could fill volumes of books. A business has to operate under the Business And Commerce Code of the state of Texas. I doubt you've ever read a word of it. I've read every word of it. Are you really dumb enough to believe that the Governor would do something unlawful? He has a team a lawyers to make ensure he doesn't. You're trying to discuss something way over your level and it's kind of embarrassing on your part.

Good Lord. For a retired detective you don’t see too well. Explain to me one thing I am ignorant of here.

I am well aware of the Business and Commerce Code of the State of Texas, I owned a business here.

I never said the Governor did anything unlawful. I said he did something that was stupid and hurt 10’s of thousands of business owners in Texas. The mask mandate and occupancy levels that were forced down our throats were stupid and was nothing but feel good BS.

If there is a mask required sign on the door of a business I will either put one on, or spend my money somewhere else. I don’t go against the rules set by a private property owner. Firm believer in your house your rules, that wasn’t the point I was trying to make here. Are you really that dumb that you can’t understand what I’m saying here?

I am not discussing anything over my level of understanding here Sherlock.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 07:53 AM

Yes the state does manage them because they are open to the public, but you and I do agree on 99% of what you have said after reading your last post.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 12:33 PM

Good Lord. For a retired detective you don’t see too well. Explain to me one thing I am ignorant of here.

I am well aware of the Business and Commerce Code of the State of Texas, I owned a business here.

I never said the Governor did anything unlawful. I said he did something that was stupid and hurt 10’s of thousands of business owners in Texas. The mask mandate and occupancy levels that were forced down our throats were stupid and was nothing but feel good BS.

If there is a mask required sign on the door of a business I will either put one on, or spend my money somewhere else. I don’t go against the rules set by a private property owner. Firm believer in your house your rules, that wasn’t the point I was trying to make here. Are you really that dumb that you can’t understand what I’m saying here?

I am not discussing anything over my level of understanding here Sherlock.

Not me. I do what I do till I'm told. Flame away johnny do good.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 12:47 PM

Lol, but you end up doing what you’re told anyway. Makes sense. I ain’t no Johnny do good, I just don’t do well with confrontation over face diapers or anything else that makes no sense. You do you, I’ll do me. This whole thing is stupid.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 01:28 PM

Lol, but you end up doing what you’re told anyway. Makes sense. I ain’t no Johnny do good, I just don’t do well with confrontation over face diapers or anything else that makes no sense. You do you, I’ll do me. This whole thing is stupid.

No if someone says you need a mask i leave. It's happened like once. Anyone arguing with some walmart employee over a mask is not too sharp. The signs were up because they felt they had to.

Also probably messed up but ole trapper is the do gooder.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 02:56 PM

Keep fighting it guys there's nothing more important than fighting over wearing a mask or not.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 03:26 PM

Keep fighting it guys there's nothing more important than fighting over wearing a mask or not.

Freedom is so dumb.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:41 PM

Visiting Gruene today with my wife and daughter. None of the store ms are enforcing masks. Hallelujah!

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 05:48 PM

you should see all the mask Karens on the TFF. pathetic.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 07:02 PM

There's nothing more important than keeping you nose out of other people's business..........you remember those days?..........you do you and I do me?

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/12/21 07:13 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/13/21 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

Is this the little guy who posts pics of hard plates and SBR's on here waiting for the end of the world? I'm old and I forget who is who on here sometimes. If that's you, it's cute.

<<< Not me. I do not own an SBR or plates. I work for a living pretty damn hard though and it is paying off so there is that. Many are not that lucky so consider that too.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/13/21 11:39 AM

65 year old gal just wanted to breathe at her Galveston bank.

Posted By: SRPI89

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/14/21 02:38 PM

We took the kids to Ruidoso for a few days. For every Covid related radio ad, billboard, and converted digital traffic sign, there were two “going out of business” signs. The local business have had enough, but unfortunately for many of them it’s too late.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/14/21 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by SRPI89
We took the kids to Ruidoso for a few days. For every Covid related radio ad, billboard, and converted digital traffic sign, there were two “going out of business” signs. The local business have had enough, but unfortunately for many of them it’s too late.

The businesses in Ruidoso go out of business on a regular basis. Usually not selling to a new owner, just shutting the doors. The new business failure rate has always been high there.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/14/21 11:13 PM

The restrictions had been lifted for my last outing. There were only two of us in Walmart without them. Seems as if the masks are now dope to many.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/14/21 11:22 PM

I went to Kroger without one and no one said a thing.

I went to Sam's without one, no one said a thing.

As Bill said, it is like dope..... many are hooked.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/14/21 11:32 PM

Haven't put one on since Texas Liberation Day.
Nobody says anything, even those that post a "mask required" sign.

There is one thing.......suddenly, people are out in droves. Lines are becoming normal at restaurants and elsewhere.
Many of these businesses were not ready for full force or they cannot get enough staff to handle it.

But the Orange Man is gone and that was the main thing.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/14/21 11:41 PM

Spent the last week in Temple, Wimberley, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels, Marble Falls, Georgetown. Masks seemed to be everywhere, even after the lift on Wed. The last couple days in Tyler and Longview havent seen near as many masks. In a baseball tourny(we won) this weekend in Longview I only saw one mask in the entire complex and there were 100s of folks. Its weird that an outside event with no masks would surprise me, but thats what its come to.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by texasag93

the media has a way of hypnotizing the masses. weve grown up thinking the news was truthful when they have always been any thing but that. The news and media does nothing but use fear and chaos to keep us in a box.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by texasag93

Line and sinker.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 12:28 PM

Haven’t worn a mask since May 2020. Was asked to put one in a Mexican meat market about 7 months ago, I declined and went somewhere else to spend my money. Been to Walmart plenty of times, Lowe’s plenty of times, local grocery store etc. without any issues.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

There's nothing more important than keeping you nose out of other people's business..........you remember those days?..........you do you and I do me?

Yep. I wish people would stop messing with people who wear masks. I bet if both sides shut the F' up this thread would die. lol...

Hey ducknbass. I went and faught for peoples freedom to choose one way or the other. Some people will just never get along.

I like the story about the guy who is floating at see and when people stop to help him he just tells them God will save him. When he meets God he asks why did't you save me Lord. God tells him, but I sent people to save you. God can't save you from yourselves. God Bless America the Nation I served for. Enjoy your freedom to mask or not to mask. Some of my closest friends died for it.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 01:02 PM

Lmao at anyone supposedly messing with people who wear masks. That’s funny. And also doesn’t happen.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 01:11 PM

Yep. I wish people would stop messing with people who wear masks
. I bet if both sides shut the F' up this thread would die. lol...

Hey ducknbass. I went and faught for peoples freedom to choose one way or the other. Some people will just never get along.

I like the story about the guy who is floating at see and when people stop to help him he just tells them God will save him. When he meets God he asks why did't you save me Lord. God tells him, but I sent people to save you. God can't save you from yourselves. God Bless America the Nation I served for. Enjoy your freedom to mask or not to mask. Some of my closest friends died for it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 01:12 PM

Lmao at anyone supposedly messing with people who wear masks. That’s funny. And also doesn’t happen.

Et tu, Brute? Oops I meant Cbump.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

Yep. I wish people would stop messing with people who wear masks
. I bet if both sides shut the F' up this thread would die. lol...

[Linked Image]

It reciprocated I'm sure or you wouldn't dead_horse

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 04:04 PM

This might need a poll thread all on its own. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 05:37 PM

Galveston police tackled and arrested old woman for refusing to wear a mask.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by yotehater

no. they arrested her for criminal trespass.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 05:39 PM

You know that’s horse crap right?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

no. they arrested her for criminal trespass.

Yep. Not her house, not her rules.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 05:52 PM

bs

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 06:18 PM

I'm seeing more people than ever wearing them while driving alone.

This country is over.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/15/21 06:35 PM

All she had to do was leave...

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/18/21 02:38 PM

We had lunch yesterday at a fairly new Mexican joint near here and it was great.
I noticed when I walked in that none of the wait staff were wearing a mask. Unusual for around here. All the other restaurants have their people all masked up.

Before I left I complimented them on the food and the fact that they were not wearing masks. It was refreshing.

Re: Mask signs are down - 03/18/21 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

We had lunch yesterday at a fairly new Mexican joint near here and it was great.
I noticed when I walked in that none of the wait staff were wearing a mask. Unusual for around here. All the other restaurants have their people all masked up.

Before I left I complimented them on the food and the fact that they were not wearing masks. It was refreshing.

They didn't charge you for the "secret sauce". rofl
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum