Texas Hunting Forum

He must have a plan for me

Posted By: USMC89

He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:03 AM

Hey guys. I I hope y’all are having a great day. I had an accident today and am laying in a hospital room with a collapsed lung, 4 broken ribs and my left hip is broke in 2 places. I was putting tin on a building today and fell 25’ through a skylight and landed on my back/left side. I know it’s light hanging time for Christmas so everyone please stay safe. I never saw it coming, because the tin I was carrying blocked my view. I’m only 30 so I’m hoping to heal fast. Hip surgery on Monday or Tuesday. Have a chest tube keeping my lung inflated and a nice green button with a pump full of feel good so if this doesn’t make sense that’s why loco_too
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:07 AM

Dadgum! Take it easy! You hang in there
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:10 AM

He absolutely has a plan for you. Accident or not he does.

Praying for a speedy recovery and no lingering effects.
Posted By: freerange

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:11 AM

Wow. Best of luck with recovery.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:14 AM

Prayers for a good recovery.
Posted By: JCB

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:14 AM

Ouch!!
Posted By: crazyal

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:15 AM

I have a couple of bottles of balcones whiskey for when you’re healed up and want to head south. Semper Fi brother
Posted By: Superduty

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:20 AM

Wow, I am sorry. Heal quick.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:26 AM

Prayers up for speedy and full recovery
Posted By: texasag93

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:27 AM

Wow.

I am glad you survived.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:28 AM

Man, sure hate to hear that.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:32 AM

Wow!! Praying for a recovery at warp speed.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:36 AM

Sorry to hear, hope you heal quickly
Posted By: hawk

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:38 AM

Prayers for a complete recovery!
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Prayers of thanks that you are still here with us and for a quick and full recovery.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

That’s horrible, 89! Prayers for a speedy and successful recovery.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Wow. Best of luck with recovery.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Prayers of thanks that you are still here with us and for a quick and full recovery.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:50 AM

Get well, sorry to hear about that
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:54 AM

Wow man that's terrible timing at least your young.. Really sorry this happen to you, Gods Speed in healing you.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 02:55 AM

Thanks everyone. It’s rough but just blessed to here.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 03:14 AM

Has anyone on here broken their hip? Trying to figure out what to expect.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by USMC89

Lol. Just do what the doc says and be careful afterwards
Posted By: dkershen

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 04:31 AM

Dang. Sorry to hear. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 04:32 AM

Prayers up for ya Brother.
Hang in there.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3
Wow!! Praying for a recovery at warp speed.

up
Posted By: Grizz

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 05:00 AM

A lot of the younger guys I work with seem to be concerned about me breaking a hip, but I haven't yet.
I hope your recovery is quick - make sure you listen to the doctors and do what they say.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 05:09 AM

Prayers for a quick recovery and skilled Dr’s. I have never had a broken hip but am sure the physical therapy is going to be fun. I have had a chest tube due to a collapse lung and when they tell you they are going to remove the tube hit the little green button. Semper Fi
Posted By: reed35

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 01:08 PM

Speedy recovery, prayer up
Posted By: Ohdangit

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 01:10 PM

Man , hang in there and hope all goes well for you and you have a good Xmas.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 11:29 PM

dang, glad you're ok. nothing hurts worse than that stupid chest tube to keep your lung inflated. good luck
Posted By: Stub

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Dadgum! Take it easy! You hang in there

Heal quick prayers sent!
Posted By: Trickster

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 11:31 PM

Get well soon.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/13/20 11:34 PM

Hips the easy part, those ribs are a mother trucker. I pray you recover quickly brother.
I’ve had a few chest tubes and make sure they give you at least 15 minutes heads up for the juices to kick in, that sucks to!!
Posted By: short mag

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 12:57 AM

Prayers sent
Posted By: MikeC

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 03:16 AM

Prayers up for healing!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 03:21 AM

God Bless, He will be with you through this, just ask, we have.

Keep pushin that "feel good" button
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 03:29 AM

You're not alone. I've heard it said that every Believer has an event in their life where everything else is considered before and after they allowed God to lead the way. I know I did.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 04:17 AM

Ribs.........are the worst.......................
get well soon.............
Posted By: Greg

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 04:34 AM

Glad you are still with us. 25’ is no joke and it could have gone a lot different. Still sounds horrible though. Prayers for a quick recovery and successful surgeries!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Prayers for a good recovery.

+1 angel Prayers....
flag

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 09:45 AM

UPDATE:
Wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and comments. All in all I’m doing ok, but they have me hooked up to an epidural and also have a dilaudid pump. They found 2 more broken ribs so that’s a total of 6. Sometime tomorrow I’m going in for hip surgery. They are having to keep me on oxygen as of now. We tried taking it off and my o2 levels fall down to the mid 80’s without it.

I will keep y’all posted as I know anything. Again thank you all for the well wishes and prayers.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 10:35 AM

Prayers for full and complete recovery.
Posted By: texfork

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 11:26 AM

Prayers sent for a fast recovery .
Posted By: soooo

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 12:11 PM

Hang in there, you'll make it through this.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 12:27 PM

Take it slow and easy and try to be patient. Healing is gonna take a while, but...you're very fortunate to still be with us. That was a helluva fall. Too young to cross over young man, so please take care of yourself.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 12:41 PM

Prayers up!

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 01:01 PM

Thanks for the update, continuing with prayers for your surgery, pain relief and healing. On a positive note, I have a cousin that was carrying a sheet of plywood on the top of a library get hit by a gust of wind and it picked him up and dropped him off of the side of the building. He broke his back and lots of other stuff. This was over 40 years ago and to look at him now and how hard he works you would not know he ever had an accident. Being young and having a positive attitude will carry you a long way towards getting well.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 01:19 PM

Falling 2-1/2 stories.....Wow!!! Glad you are still with us.
Posted By: janie

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 01:47 PM

Holy crap sir. Really glad your still with us, and hope you have a pretty nurse. Take care. Prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 01:48 PM

get well soon sir
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 02:34 PM

Fingers crossed.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 04:40 PM

🙏
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 06:47 PM

eeks333 ouch! prayers up.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/14/20 10:57 PM

Lord, I bet that hurt. Lucky to be alive. The good Lord must be saving you for something spectacular. I’m the same way due to problems over the decades. I try to avoid anything that could be spectacular, just to keep the odds down. None of this “hold my beer and watch this” stuff.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 12:17 AM

UPDATE 2:

Today didn’t go as planned. Hip surgery is a no go because of the location of the breaks. Didn’t break the ball socket but the actual flat part. Starting at the waistline if you run your hand firmly from the fron around to the back towards the tailbone. if that makes sense. Still have the chest tube in and we have tried taking me off of oxygen but it drops to low so back on it. Rib pain has been great with the epidural. The hip pain is doing good with the dilaudid pump and ketamine backup. Thank y’all again for all the prayers and posts.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 12:20 AM

Hang in there. Pulling for you.
Posted By: Hooker

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 01:43 AM

Oh well, you could have joined the Navy

Semper Fi, My friend

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Hooker
Oh well, you could have joined the Navy

Semper Fi, My friend

Oorah.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 02:47 AM

Man, best of luck! You could use a little luck about now. Reading what you are going through made me take a couple of Advil.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 02:54 AM

Still praying, Sir.
Posted By: Ktexas14

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 02:28 PM

Hang in there and get better man, that is a sobering reality for all of us do it yourself guys.
Posted By: TRoberts

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/15/20 02:56 PM

Prayers for healing and some better answers for your hip!!

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/16/20 03:36 PM

UPDATE:

I’m still in the hospital. Chest tube was pulled yesterday afternoon and went smooth. For some reason we can’t keep my oxygen levels high enough to get me off of oxygen just yet. Swelling and bruising is pretty bad. Hip pain really drug me down this morning. I thought I was doing ok but I went to sit up and it felt like my hip locked up and I was stuck in the most excruciating pain I’ve ever felt in my life. It was so bad I’m second guessing myself on trying to do in home rehab and just going to an actual rehab clinic. I don’t want my family to see me like I was this morning. I want to thank everyone for the prayers and if y’all don’t mind keep them coming.
Posted By: soooo

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/16/20 03:59 PM

I think I speak for all of us here when I tell you that our hearts are with you.
You will get through this.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/16/20 05:12 PM

Prayers for healing. I understand hip pain. I thought knee and shoulder pain was bad. Hip pain makes those two seem like a walk in the park.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/16/20 05:23 PM

Still praying for you, '89. Hope they get the pain under control and the O2 up. God speed.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/16/20 05:33 PM

Hang in there, have to be better days coming soon. Prayer up.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/16/20 05:36 PM

Still praying for you.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/16/20 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC
Prayers for healing. I understand hip pain. I thought knee and shoulder pain was bad. Hip pain makes those two seem like a walk in the park.

X2.....work harder on rehab than anything you’ve done in your life. It will make a huge difference on how the rest of your life goes.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 04:40 PM

USMC89, I hope you are recovering and feeling better! Keep us updated on your progress!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 04:45 PM

That which does not kill you makes you stronger - hang in there.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 05:20 PM

Update:

Hey everyone yesterday was a rough day we started weaning off the iv meds and transferring over to oral so I can get Into the rehab facility but things didn’t work Out like we planned. We come up with a new approach today and it’s looking like I’ll be in the hospital through mid next week. We got my oxygen levels under control and and off of that as of now thank goodness. I have a great group of nurses and dr’s doing everything they can to keep me comfortable and working on getting me to the next step but not as fast as I was hoping haha. Have a couple of small lacerations one on my liver and the other on my kidney we are waiting to heal now. Epidural is staying in until Sunday to keep control of the broken rib pain so I can breath. I got up last night around 11 and walked about 40 yards round trip and never thought I would have felt that was an accomplishment but man it was nice. No surgery on hip because of where the break is at ortho said I would do more damage and prolong my healing time because it is right where all of the muscles that run from my thigh to my hip connect. Thank you all for the prayers and comments. With this covid stuff going on and having to do this all alone with no one allowed to visit with during the day is taking its toll. I know not only on me but all of the other patients as well. But today is a new day and I’m looking for that light at the end. Here’s a pic of the hip fracture I was able to snap this morning [Linked Image]

I’m doing this on pain meds and off my phone. If something doesn’t make sense Jut point it out and I will explain. I think I’ve read the whole forum twice over so keep me company and I’ll comment as I can.

Justin

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 05:56 PM

Is that your dinner?

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Is that your dinner?

Somewhere in there I bet laugh
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 06:10 PM

Justin, thanks for the updates!! Man, we wish you the best. I know right now being in the hospital would not be ideal with no visitation. Keep us updated on how you are doing. I hope you can get mobile soon and start healing!!

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 09:23 PM

Is there anything we can do for you or that you need? If there is let us know how we can get it to you.

If you are bored I can get you some coloring books and crayons as long as you don’t eat them.

Keep getting better, and really if there is anything you need let us know.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lakhota
Is there anything we can do for you or that you need? If there is let us know how we can get it to you.

If you are bored I can get you some coloring books and crayons as long as you don’t eat them.

Keep getting better, and really if there is anything you need let us know.

I would be to tempted by the crayons and rainbow poop might scare my nurses.

On a serious note I have probably the greatest nurses and dr’s at BSW, and I would recommend this hospital to anyone. They have taken great care of me and anything I’ve needed they have found a way to get it to me. Thank you for asking it means a lot.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 10:09 PM

Hang in there, we're pulling for a fast recovery.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/18/20 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stompy
Hang in there, we're pulling for a fast recovery.

up
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/19/20 12:17 AM

Continued prayers for a full recovery sir!

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/20/20 07:25 PM

Last update from the hospital:

I’m making great progress but man it’s a rough road. I’m off all Iv’s. Pulled my epidural this morning and it was a great feeling to sit under a shower, and not a sponge bath. Physical therapy is kicking my butt. I’ve been able to do everything asked of me and will be going home on Tuesday and not to a rehab center. That has been my goal and it’s took everything in my power to make it happen. There are still a lot of things I cannot do, but have all the basics down. Home Heath will continue to work with me for the next few weeks. My breathing is still short but that’s due to the broken ribs I believe as well as the collapsed lung. I think my hunting season is over for whitetail, but will be looking for an exotic doe hunt closer to my area the end of January or February to get the freezer full. I want to thank everyone for the Prayers and well wishes. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Years. Hug your loved one as you never know when one slip could be your last.

Justin

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/20/20 11:00 PM

Good to hear that you are headed home keep doing what they ask of you. I’ll keep saying prayers for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/20/20 11:03 PM

angel

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/21/20 09:27 PM

Last update from the hospital:

I’m making great progress but man it’s a rough road. I’m off all Iv’s. Pulled my epidural this morning and it was a great feeling to sit under a shower, and not a sponge bath. Physical therapy is kicking my butt. I’ve been able to do everything asked of me and will be going home on Tuesday and not to a rehab center. That has been my goal and it’s took everything in my power to make it happen. There are still a lot of things I cannot do, but have all the basics down. Home Heath will continue to work with me for the next few weeks. My breathing is still short but that’s due to the broken ribs I believe as well as the collapsed lung. I think my hunting season is over for whitetail, but will be looking for an exotic doe hunt closer to my area the end of January or February to get the freezer full. I want to thank everyone for the Prayers and well wishes. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Years. Hug your loved one as you never know when one slip could be your last.

Justin

Good luck sir

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/21/20 09:34 PM

Still all green for tomorrow popcorn

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/21/20 09:45 PM

Keep the faith brother, I know exactly what your going through and it brings back so many harsh memories reading your updates. I know today seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is so far away but one day turns to two, two turns to three and before you know it your walking again and to be honest that’s when your real challenges start but the same rules apply. Don’t think about next week, think about today and stay strong, keep your fight and mentally about beating one day at a time!!! Praying for ya bro up
Posted By: Superduty

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/21/20 09:47 PM

Positive thoughts Justin, get better.

Keep us posted.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 01:08 AM

Great to hear you are getting to skip the rehab place and will be home for Christmas. Have your cell phone with you with pre-programed numbers in case you need immediate help. Don't be timid about calling for help and don't hurt yourself and have to go back to the hospital.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 02:21 AM

Thank you you all for the kind words and advice. I made it home today and it feels nice to be home with family. God has been good to us for sure.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 02:38 AM

Thank you you all for the kind words and advice. I made it home today and it feels nice to be home with family. God has been good to us for sure.

Great news! Merry Christmas!

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you need anything...lots of truly great people here!

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 03:01 AM

It’s awesome to make it home, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas
Posted By: jdh78

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 03:19 AM

I was hit by a truck while changing a tire at 27. 8 ribs, collapsed lungs, and an open book pelvic fracture (pelvis split in two, plate and screws to put it back)

Similar type injuries. Do the breathing exercises as often as they say. Eat good and once you start walking and doing pt push yourself. Get used to the pain and discomfort but don’t let it discourage you. They told me to gradually get out of the wheelchair and slowly start using a walker. From the day I first stood up I never touched the wheelchair again. And I ditched the walker just as soon as I could. I walked into the Dr’s office on my own a month after getting on my feet for the first time and they expected me in a walker.

I thought I’d be screwed up for life and I am 42 and perfectly normal, no handicap or weird pain or anything. I got into running afterwards and did a half marathon at one point.. Keep a positive outlook and push yourself. You will probably have some amount of pain and discomfort for a good while, and lots of soreness as you recover. But the worst part is now. You heal everyday.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by jdh78

I was hit by a truck while changing a tire at 27. 8 ribs, collapsed lungs, and an open book pelvic fracture (pelvis split in two, plate and screws to put it back)

Similar type injuries. Do the breathing exercises as often as they say. Eat good and once you start walking and doing pt push yourself. Get used to the pain and discomfort but don’t let it discourage you. They told me to gradually get out of the wheelchair and slowly start using a walker. From the day I first stood up I never touched the wheelchair again. And I ditched the walker just as soon as I could. I walked into the Dr’s office on my own a month after getting on my feet for the first time and they expected me in a walker.

I thought I’d be screwed up for life and I am 42 and perfectly normal, no handicap or weird pain or anything. I got into running afterwards and did a half marathon at one point.. Keep a positive outlook and push yourself. You will probably have some amount of pain and discomfort for a good while, and lots of soreness as you recover. But the worst part is now. You heal everyday.

Thank you for this. Yes it sounds like we were neck and neck on injuries. The scariest part for me now is am I going to be normal when I heal. Will I be able to go walk through the woods scouting for 4 to 5 miles without worrying if it will give out. Will I be able to race my kids around the yard. Can I go on that elk trip I’ve been wanting to without losing my breath every 100 yards. Then I try and tell myself that people do it everyday and hearing your story gives me hope. I’m thinking of booking a hunt for the end of January so that will give me a goal to reach. I will be sure to find an outfitter that can accommodate me. I doubt I will be able to climb in a stand By this time. If y’all know of anyone around the Belton Killeen area shoot me a pm. Again thank you all for all the support. Y’all are a great group of men and women.

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 04:42 AM

Good news!
Merry Christmas,Sir up
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3

Good news!
Merry Christmas,Sir up

Could not have said it better young man. Great news USMC born the year my wife was

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/22/20 02:59 PM

I think you are going to be fine when you are all healed up. I think we all extrapolate our life expectations from where we are in the moment. For instance - I feel so darn good and life is so great and it’ll always be like this. Or - I feel Godawful bad, and wonder if I’ll ever feel good again. That kind of thinking is common, even if the person is tough (former Marines, like you and me).

After my second brain surgery, which I didn’t expect to survive or even be not paralyzed, I got back to being me again. Took a year or more and serious work on my part. I went back to tournament tennis, won a few trophies, and sent photos and notes to my Neurosurgeon, which pleased him.

Might not be easy or quick, but I think you’ll be back to the old you again. I get the impression that you’re a strong person mentally and physically. That’s what it will take. “Always forward”, which is Joe Pike again. And he was a Marine too. And, while you are laying around and not doing a darn thing, read The Watchman, by Robert Crais and learn about Joe Pike. He’s the guy we wish we were.
Posted By: jdh78

Re: He must have a plan for me - 12/23/20 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by jdh78

Thank you for this. Yes it sounds like we were neck and neck on injuries. The scariest part for me now is am I going to be normal when I heal. Will I be able to go walk through the woods scouting for 4 to 5 miles without worrying if it will give out. Will I be able to race my kids around the yard. Can I go on that elk trip I’ve been wanting to without losing my breath every 100 yards. Then I try and tell myself that people do it everyday and hearing your story gives me hope. I’m thinking of booking a hunt for the end of January so that will give me a goal to reach. I will be sure to find an outfitter that can accommodate me. I doubt I will be able to climb in a stand By this time. If y’all know of anyone around the Belton Killeen area shoot me a pm. Again thank you all for all the support. Y’all are a great group of men and women.

So a couple things- I remember in the hospital they gave me Boost drinks with every meal and I ate three full meals plus a nurse made me milkshakes at night. You are loosing muscle mass sitting still yet burning calories healing. You need more food than you think. So eat good and take supplements.

Physical therapy that is provided to you will not return you to your own standards of a young active life. When they dismissed me I was still in sad shape. So join a gym or or something that you can stick to till you feel 100%. I joined a gym cause I was totally evacuated and couldn’t do a push up. And I went on daily walks that turned into small amount of running then jogging distance. You were USMC so I’m not gonna insult your knowledge on how to do work, lol.

You will have a better understanding of you limitations when you get back in your feet. Push it but don’t be impatient. I could tell I was getting worn down cause I would start to limp. It was that way for a good while. And weird aches and pains would come and go for a couple years. But I’d say I was perfectly functioning w/in 12 months.

I don’t mean to throw up my thoughts but I remember this was a hard time in my life and I had no idea what to expect. So if you wanna message me with any questions feel free. All the best to you and Merry Christmas. When you can, drink a beer and know you beat the reaper.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum