Texas Hunting Forum

Amarillo

Posted By: dogcatcher

Amarillo - 11/14/20 03:41 AM

https://ktxs.com/news/local/mortuary-service-confirms-mobile-morgues-operating-in-amarillo

Mortuary service confirms mobile morgues operating in Amarillo

Mortuary service confirms mobile morgues operating in Amarillo
by Jacob HelkerFriday, November 13th 2020

AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) — A private mortuary service in Amarillo has confirmed that mobile morgues are in the city due to COVID-19 overflow.

A spokesperson for Shafer Mortuary Services said Friday that they currently have two of the units on site.

The first one arrived between three and four weeks ago while the second arrived earlier this week.

Shafer said they requested them from Texas emergency management officials through the City of Amarillo.

Thursday, Amarillo Mayor Ginger Nelson confirmed in a Facebook video that the units were operating in the city.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 04:02 AM

That is a very deceiving post. They had the same thing in Corpus earlier this year. It sounded concerning, but come to find out, the capacity was extremely low. I don't remember the exact number, but it was extremely 5 to 8 if I remember correctly. I would guess Amarillo would be about the same.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 01:44 PM

chicken
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by erathar
That is a very deceiving post. They had the same thing in Corpus earlier this year. It sounded concerning, but come to find out, the capacity was extremely low. I don't remember the exact number, but it was extremely 5 to 8 if I remember correctly. I would guess Amarillo would be about the same.

The first one is already full with the second one almost full.
Hospitals are backed to maxed out again too
Posted By: Stub

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 02:27 PM

Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 09:44 PM

dead_horse
Posted By: JCB

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 09:50 PM

Y’all said this was going away after the election. frown
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 10:08 PM

Cremated without ceremony for me.
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 10:34 PM

el paso doubled their mobile coolers 6 days ago too

Coronavirus patients are dying at such a rate in El Paso that medical examiners haven't been able to keep up with the workload, the local news station KFOX reported.

they had a capacity of 90 but have over 150 in storage, they ordered 10 more fema reefers due to the increasing death rate from the china flu there in the past week
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

They sort of vanished now.
Posted By: okietex

Re: Amarillo - 11/14/20 11:08 PM

Before we go spreading fear there CNN Potter County has has 83 deaths this year from COVID. 11 deaths in potter and randall counties yesterday which is a lot. I live in Oklahoma and that about what are state averages... Either way the media acts like its a "bring out your dead situation". It would be a real sad world if were reported on death like this of any cause. I
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by okietex
Before we go spreading fear there CNN Potter County has has 83 deaths this year from COVID. 11 deaths in potter and randall counties yesterday which is a lot. I live in Oklahoma and that about what are state averages... Either way the media acts like its a "bring out your dead situation". It would be a real sad world if were reported on death like this of any cause. I

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local...-covid-19-cases-381-recoveries-10-deaths
There were seven deaths reported in Randall County and three in Potter County, giving Potter a death toll of 129 and Randall a toll of 77 for a total of 206 virus-related deaths in the Amarillo area
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by spankyttx
el paso doubled their mobile coolers 6 days ago too

Coronavirus patients are dying at such a rate in El Paso that medical examiners haven't been able to keep up with the workload, the local news station KFOX reported.

they had a capacity of 90 but have over 150 in storage, they ordered 10 more fema reefers due to the increasing death rate from the china flu there in the past week

Sounds like they are overwhelmed.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 02:37 PM

Any reports on citizenship of the patients?
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by JCB

Still not over, just sayin’
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by JCB

Still not over, just sayin’

X2
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Cremated without ceremony for me.

Me too
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by erathar

Since the funeral homes have had to cut back on services storage capacity is limited.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 03:05 PM

Death from Covid and death with Covid is not the same. One of the guys working with my wife just died at 57. He was 5-7 250+ lbs and a diabetic, he was listed as a Covid death. He was a walking heart attack looking for a place to happen.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Death from Covid and death with Covid is not the same. One of the guys working with my wife just died at 57. He was 5-7 250+ lbs and a diabetic, he was listed as a Covid death. He was a walking heart attack looking for a place to happen.

Not just COVID-19, is that the same as if it was flu, pneumonia, or even a gunshot wound?
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^ so why am I still having the ill effects from testing positive 3 weeks ago??
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 10:25 PM

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11/10/texas-coronavirus-hospitals-funeral-homes/?_gl=1*1fatz0k*_ga*bW8wSGNaVmNabHhUOWhSeHhsZ2NudmRWWC1wbjdVRWxOam5UX3lrbi1UMERmTkYtN09LSXRBazN2UkI0ajBxMg..

The morgue in El Paso is so overwhelmed by the number of people dying from COVID-19, that inmates from the county’s detention facility are being brought in to assist with the overflow of bodies awaiting autopsy.

While the work these inmates do in the community typically goes unpaid, Chris Acosta, a spokesperson for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, said “trustees refused to work unless they were compensated.” They’re making $2 per hour.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Amarillo - 11/15/20 11:36 PM

Remember the little sheep herder boy who cried wolf?
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Amarillo - 11/16/20 04:55 PM

Going pheasant hunting in the Panhandle on Dec 1.
Can't wait to get there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum