Texas Hunting Forum

Denied!

Posted By: BigPig

Denied! - 10/29/20 05:38 AM

A few weeks ago the wife and I were at William Sonoma looking at coffee pots and grinders. As usual this was way more costly than what I expected, K-cups work just fine for me. Anyways, wife picks out the products she wants, totaling almost $600, she takes the heathen spawn out of the store and I go to pay. While at the register I’m offered the opportunity to sign up for their credit card, which I deny. Then she says you can save 20% off your purchase on top of the sales price. Well, my cheap [censored] decides that saving $125 sounds pretty good, so I sign up. Instantly DENIED! Cashier lady says that’s strange, yup, only debt I have is my house, which is less than 1/4 of our monthly income. She goes on to say that it can take up to 7 days for approval and that once approved my card would be credited the 20%.

So I get to being nosey, there was never a hit to my credit. Did they actually run a check on me? Was this just a ploy to get people to buy something? I’ve never been denied a CC, mortgage, car loan, or anything in my life.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 05:43 AM

My guess is it was because you are fugly. I would not lend you $5.

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 05:57 AM

I would blame Judd FYI. He probably has a guy up there if you know what I mean.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

roflmao
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 10:39 AM

This thread is great already!!
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 10:41 AM

#bluelivesdontmatter?
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 10:57 AM

Are ya'll really,...….. just over looking the fact...…………………….
He spent, $600 dollars on a coffee pot...……….. muyloco

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sailor

Cancelled the order. I don’t play stupid games. But you need to read it again, this is what the wife wanted, I’m happy with my K-cups.

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY

2-18-2034 roflmao
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by Sailor

Cancelled the order. I don’t play stupid games. But you need to read it again, this is what the wife wanted, I’m happy with my K-cups.

Now, I'm really confused...…
Cancelled what order ?
What games ?...………..
I read it again.... This is what the wife wanted ?
So, it was "her" $600 dollars...………..
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 12:31 PM

You say there was never a hit on your credit. If you are checking it through one of the credit monitoring services, then maybe they use Trans Union and the credit card company ran a different bureau. You can go to www.annualcreditreport.com and get a copy of all three reports there. That is the site set up by the CPBA, and if you ever have to dispute something on your report, that's where I would go.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 12:35 PM

Just get a Nespresso, makes perfect espressos and lattes every time. Uses pods similar to the KCup.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 01:01 PM

Haha
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 01:06 PM

Same thing happened to me at Scheels, my credit score is 824. The savings was big, so I bit. It worked out.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Same thing happened to me at Scheels, my credit score is 824. The savings was big, so I bit. It worked out.

Home Depot is big in that area.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 01:24 PM

Sign up at Nerdwallet and you can watch everything in real time.. no waiting 30 days for your report to update and your score updates every 7 days.
Posted By: Western

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 01:28 PM

Girls say's "it strange", then turns around and say's "it can take up to 7 days for approval and that once approved my card would be credited the 20%"
Sounds like you're not the first and likely the norm.

As far as WS prices, they generally sell better quality and that cost, Bed Bath and beyond if you want tupperware grin
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 01:29 PM

Shoot i dont know the only coffee i like is plain old black coffee.... even K-cups.... even the Generic store brand K-cups are to rich for my blood. I have one of the washable grind holder things i put in my kurig and buy coffee in a can still.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

2Beez is eating glue again.

Funny how my random comment was way more applicable to the thread than your post. rofl
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:24 PM

Were you wearing a MAGA hat? They may have a button on the register for that at Williams Sonoma.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:25 PM

What is . . . . the price of tea in China?

Ding Ding Ding it’s a Daily Double!

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:28 PM

Cool story. Push the button and tell the nurse you need more candy
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:29 PM

You’re on a roll

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Western
Girls say's "it strange", then turns around and say's "it can take up to 7 days for approval and that once approved my card would be credited the 20%"
Sounds like you're not the first and likely the norm.

As far as WS prices, they generally sell better quality and that cost, Bed Bath and beyond if you want tupperware grin

Little bait and switch. No doubt they carry nice stuff, and I do appreciate them thoroughly explaining the difference in each machine. We bought it on Amazon
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:31 PM

WTH is Williams sonoma?

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:33 PM

I’m 817 with transunion
Posted By: janie

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 02:33 PM

roflmao lol35

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 04:26 PM

Is this kinda' like asking someone where they're from, and they tell you what time it is?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 04:36 PM

Pure hilarity rofl
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 04:43 PM

They based it on how you were dressed.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by #Hayraker

[Linked Image]

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH
Originally Posted by #Hayraker

[Linked Image]

Love it, Macho Village People Super Trooper Cop.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 06:05 PM

If your credit history is locked with the credit providers, it will deny for that reason if submitted before unlocking.

Charlie
Posted By: reed35

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 06:55 PM

Posted By: Grizz

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 08:06 PM

If we can somehow work a llama into this thing we'll really have a winner. roflmao

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz
If we can somehow work a llama into this thing we'll really have a winner. roflmao

You think he ever got rid of that Llama, or is the Llama sitting on the recliner?

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 08:35 PM

The Llama rofl https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5623795/1

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 08:47 PM

You think he ever got rid of that Llama, or is the Llama sitting on the recliner?

It's sitting there, smoking a cigarette, drinking a beer, thinking, "Damn, that was close".

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 09:08 PM

Sock coffee is great when you are camping out. its a little more aromatic if you wear it a full day before using it.

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 09:10 PM

Dang I just cried from laughing so hard all over again. roflmao
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog

The llama thread was still not as good as East's girlfriend thread. That one had me rolling.

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

The llama thread was still not as good as East's girlfriend thread. That one had me rolling.

banana
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Just get a Nespresso, makes perfect espressos and lattes every time. Uses pods similar to the KCup.

[Linked Image]

severe one upper

i have one too bolt
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
WTH is Williams sonoma?

candy store for kitchen stuff aficionado....see above post
Posted By: Jon

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 11:08 PM

Are you talking about the one where he had left his computer logged on to here and she came on to say hi while he was at work?
That was pretty priceless.

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jon

Are you talking about the one where he had left his computer logged on to here and she came on to say hi while he was at work?
That was pretty priceless.

Remember it well.
Posted By: Rounder

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 11:16 PM

Data harvest. Foolish way to spend your fiat dollar. Send wife to buy a percolator. Buy mid-grade coffee, you will not Know the diff. Are there wine snobs involved also?

Re: Denied! - 10/29/20 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rounder
Data harvest. Foolish way to spend your fiat dollar. Send wife to buy a percolator. Buy mid-grade coffee, you will not Know the diff. Are there wine snobs involved also?

I’m a wine snob. Only dry reds from Spain

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 12:09 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 01:17 AM

WTH is Williams sonoma?

The type of place you get dragged to by the house Frau when you completely loose all scene control.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 01:19 AM

That’s not even remotely true. It’s very easy to tell the taste difference in coffee, from brand, the country of origin, the way they are ground, how tightly they are packed for brewing, even water temp. But again, I’m happy with my K-cup Folgers original as a quick drink. I usually have around 8 twelve ounce cups a day/night
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 01:57 AM

That’s not even remotely true. It’s very easy to tell the taste difference in coffee, from brand, the country of origin, the way they are ground, how tightly they are packed for brewing, even water temp. But again, I’m happy with my K-cup Folgers original as a quick drink. I usually have around 8 twelve ounce cups a day/night

Holy cow! Your palette must be way more refined than mine. I just know if I like it or not.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by dkershen
WTH is Williams sonoma?

The type of place you get dragged to by the house Frau when you completely loose all scene control.

That is exactly right. I am glad someone finally said it.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 02:49 AM

Holy cow! Your palette must be way more refined than mine. I just know if I like it or not.

You have no idea rolleyes

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 02:55 AM

I don’t if it’s so refined as it is extremely thoroughly tested. roflmao
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 02:56 AM

One of my favorite things we did on our honeymoon was go to a coffee tasting at a little coffee show/roastery outside of Napa. He talked about where the coffee was grown and how that effected its taste. I don't remember most of it but it was really interesting.
For a while I was all about grinding my own and doing a french press. Then I had 2 kids 10 months apart. I now survive on k-cups. Currently looking for new coffee maker for when the new house is done.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 02:56 AM

Thoroughly tested to the extreme ends of the spectrum? Yeah that sounds better. up

Can’t say I don’t trust the guy with stuff I’ve never had . . . . So far anyway

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Judd

Spell that B word we call him. $10 says you can't...

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 03:54 AM

Boujee boy and his wife went out for a ride with little man. He is so boujee roflmao
Posted By: TLew

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 03:58 AM

I spoiled my wife with a semi-auto of a different kind. It in turn spoiled me on my coffee. Point is, I agree, there is a difference.

BigPig -- we go through 1 lb of beans every 3 days, so we have about the same caffeine intake
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 04:13 AM

Getting your palate trained can be expensive. With me it started in Germany with beer and wine, then scotch and bourbon, then coffee. I can still drink the cheap stuff but I know the difference and go with quality.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 04:24 AM

I can’t get you to go eat the good places, next time McDonalds is on me

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 04:34 AM

Boujee boy and his wife went out for a ride with little man. He is so boujee roflmao

Did your wife type this for you? It’s almost the punctuation completely correct, that’s well above your level of intelligence.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 04:58 AM

That place you posted with the chicken and waffles looked incredible!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 10:28 AM

Screw the discount and the rigmarole with getting that set up. Even with the credit, the pot would still 500 smackers aftersales tax. Holy High Rollers, Batman! Do those there pots make the coffee taste better? I must be totally out of touch with reality. Like BirdDogMan, "WTH is Williams sonoma?" If not in AZ and is here in Texas, I need to keep Wifeypoo out of that thee place.

I am guessing if you are privileged enuff to be able to purchase a $600 coffee pot and be gleeful with the opportunity to save $125 by taking out a CC, then you already have the answer to, "So I get to being nosey, there was never a hit to my credit. Did they actually run a check on me? Was this just a ploy to get people to buy something?" The answer is there is no ploy, because you were wiling to purchase it at full price. I have some stuff to sell. What do you want to buy? I am wiling to owner finance.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Greg

That place you posted with the chicken and waffles looked incredible!

Yardbird. That place is delicious. Every time we were in Miami or Vegas, that place was a must eat.

RunchickenRun.com

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 01:43 PM

Look forward to it...those are my people.

What you need to do is start burning your own beans, get you a good grinder and then an aero press ( would say French but I know you ain’t got time for one of those).
Posted By: glens

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

[Linked Image]

severe one upper

i have one too bolt

From the pics,, Ya'll ride side saddle? bolt
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 03:27 PM

Folgers. Done
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Shoot i dont know the only coffee i like is plain old black coffee.... even K-cups.... even the Generic store brand K-cups are to rich for my blood. I have one of the washable grind holder things i put in my kurig and buy coffee in a can still.

I have 3 different brands of self fill ones that are reusable. I use a paper coffee filter in them and Maxwell House Breakfast Blend for my morning coffee. I like them better than pre-loaded K-Cups as I can vary the strength to match my wants that day.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by glens
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

[Linked Image]

severe one upper

i have one too bolt

From the pics,, Ya'll ride side saddle? bolt

Only thing those two are riding is a miniature pony and a mobility scooter, respectively.

Re: Denied! - 10/30/20 11:01 PM

Yeah but both of those are fun right? Like a moped?
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Denied! - 10/31/20 10:16 AM

Boujee coffee snobs on THF. Guess I should not be surprised. Juan Valdez with coffee beans in a drape on a donkey - don't get no better.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Denied! - 10/31/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Boujee coffee snobs on THF. Guess I should not be surprised. Juan Valdez with coffee beans in a drape on a donkey - don't get no better.

roflmao
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Denied! - 11/02/20 01:40 PM

$600 for a coffee pot? No thanks. That's for the white folks downtown.
Posted By: barndoor

Re: Denied! - 11/02/20 06:20 PM

$600 for a coffee pot is borderline ghey. I know who wears the pants in his relationship. He advised he cancelled the order, but he was fix to to pay the $600 anyway before the lady threw out the credit card offer. I am calling BS on this one. I am not sure how it can be a ploy to get you to buy something when you already got $600 worth of chit on the counter.

Most hard inquiries do not show instantly. I assume you never heard of a soft inquiry Mr. Credit Score Man.

Re: Denied! - 11/02/20 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by barndoor
$600 for a coffee pot is borderline ghey. I know who wears the pants in his relationship. He advised he cancelled the order, but he was fix to to pay the $600 anyway before the lady threw out the credit card offer. I am calling BS on this one. I am not sure how it can be a ploy to get you to buy something when you already got $600 worth of chit on the counter.

Most hard inquiries do not show instantly. I assume you never heard of a soft inquiry Mr. Credit Score Man.

Wow. Calm down butt hurt sally. Who’s shaft got up your [censored]? If my wife wants a $600 coffee pot then she can buy it. She works, makes damn good money, so who am I to say what she can and can not buy? Not sure what her wanting or buying has to do with who wears the pants in the family.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum