Texas Hunting Forum

How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other?

Posted By: txtrophy85

How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:12 AM

A lot? A little? Too much?

Are they involved in your hobbies/special interests or is it more like a business relationship; take care of the responsibilities and any free time after is yours?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:20 AM

A whole lot less than she would like so she says....I spend a lot more time at work than with her....seven years to go if I can make it...
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:24 AM

We spend a lot of time together. We have been married 42 years and still love and enjoy each other.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:36 AM

Just about every minute that we are not working.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Are they involved in your hobbies/special interests or is it more like a business relationship; take care of the responsibilities and any free time after is yours?

I'm a professional father/dad. That's my job.

First wife was into hunting/fishing. We made a baby in a deer blind. She's still a whore but whatever, I don't hate her.

2'nd wife was most definitely a business relationship, but I loved her and didn't see that at the time.

I take care of my responsibilities, period.

It's cheaper to pay by the hour.

Good luck.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:40 AM

She is the light of my life.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:41 AM

"It's cheaper to pay by the hour."

By the hour or minute?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:45 AM

A whole lot more since mid-March. Unfortunately (for me), that includes my mother-in-law.
Posted By: JRSUSMC94

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:48 AM

I hang out with my girlfriend every weekend. She's definitely not the hunting/fishing/outdoors type.

I was skeptical at first, but I kind of like having interests that are exclusive to me.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:59 AM

21 years together. We each take at least one separate vacation a year. Other than that we are together most days. I work 16 days a month and she works for herself so we have a lot of free time together.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:01 AM

We spend much more time together now with the new normal of me working from home.
That has been good but she doesn’t complain when I spend time in the woods.

Still with my starter wife but if that changes for what ever reason, I will never opt back into a purchase agreement. I’ll take Skinners lead and opt for day rental or possibly a short term lease agreement.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:02 AM

Now that we are both retired, quite a bit of time is spent together. We like visiting different small towns in central Texas.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Just about every minute that we are not working.

Same here. She’s not a hunter, but goes to the lease with me all the time. I come back from the morning hunt to a hot breakfast and a hot dinner after the evening hunt. What’s not to like about that.
Posted By: Paluxy

She works for me (I think I'm still the boss anyway grin) so we spend quite a bit of time together. She has her things to do and I have mine, we try not to take work home and vice versa, we have always had separate bank accounts and also have joint accounts. We make it work and we really enjoy our time together.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
We made a baby in a deer blind. She's still a whore but whatever, I don't hate her.

Another story in two sentences. Don't give up on love 'ol boy! laugh

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
We made a baby in a deer blind. She's still a whore but whatever, I don't hate her.

Spent 11 yrs with her.

I have Sir.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:10 AM

I have Sir.

We gotta fix that! banana2

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:11 AM

roflmao up
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:13 AM

One week out of two or three. It’s a business relationship with overlapping special interests. I buy kids and she looks after them while I’m at work.
Posted By: AMF

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:13 AM

I'm retired and my wife works from home. I'd say we spend a good 90+% of the time together. In 12 years of being married to this wonderful woman, we have YET to have a fight. Misunderstandings and disagreements? Sure. But we just don't fight.
Posted By: rickym

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:16 AM

Should’ve made a poll.

We spend a decent amount of time together, not enough for her. Doubt that is surprising to many.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:16 AM

Not just a story, but true poetry. Skinner could have been a modern day Townes Van Zandt.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Duke107
I'm retired and my wife works from home. I'd say we spend a good 90+% of the time together. In 12 years of being married to this wonderful woman, we have YET to have a fight. Misunderstandings and disagreements? Sure. But we just don't fight.

Then what do y’all do for fun?
Posted By: Greg

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:19 AM

She’s my best friend and we do just about everything together! The Lord really blessed me with her.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:22 AM

In 28 years we have had some classic knock-down-drag-outs. So far, she has not come at me with a kitchen knife, as her Ma-maw did to her husband laugh. I love her with all my heart.

We definitely need breaks from each other, but genuinely miss each other in about a day and a half. 'Headed to the ranch, alone, tomorrow. up

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Greg
She’s my best friend and we do just about everything together! The Lord really blessed me with her.

THAT'S the kind of stories I like to hear. I hear guys pissin', moanin' and complainin' about their wives and I tell 'em "Hey, YOU picked her out!"
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:26 AM

I feel like i spend just the right amount with my spouse. We could do better about doing things together away from the house.

She works from home a lot and I work a 24/48 schedule. We have a lot of time together during the day while our kids are at school.

The time at work gives us just enough that we don't get sick of each other.

Married 13 years and she's my best friend. I have my own hobbies that she's not always involved in but I always try to keep my priorities straight.

Posted By: freerange

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:27 AM

I really dont understand what yall mean by a "business relationship". Serious question. Can someone explain.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:29 AM

37years Housemates at this point is the best I can say about it.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:36 AM

Married 53 years. Both retired, happy, and living on our little ranch in the country. We spend a lot of time together and are happy with it. She isn’t into hunting and shooting, but she does love to fish and to camp in our TT. Her big hobby is the garden and rocketing around on her new giant zero turn. Mine are hunting, woodworking, and teaching tennis (for free to kids). So we have other interests and aren’t always tripping over each other.

Such a good place in our lives. I wish it could last forever.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:36 AM

A lot more now that we are both working from home but we surprisingly hardly see each other during working hours. Other than that we do a lot together. Trying to get her more into shooting. She did an all women's intro to handguns course just before COVID hit and loved it.(Even if she did come home saying she liked the Glock the best)

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Not just a story, but true poetry. Skinner could have been a modern day Townes Van Zandt.

Not quite.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:51 AM

One week out of two or three. It’s a business relationship with overlapping special interests. I buy kids and she looks after them while I’m at work.

That last sentence . . . hmmmm roflmao

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:54 AM

In 28 years we have had some classic knock-down-drag-outs. So far, she has not come at me with a kitchen knife, as her Ma-maw did to her husband laugh. I love her with all my heart.

We definitely need breaks from each other, but genuinely miss each other in about a day and a half. 'Headed to the ranch, alone, tomorrow. up

Now that sounds like a healthy relationship.

Mine never took a knife to me, either. She reached for the .454.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 02:01 AM

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Period.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 02:02 AM

After my horrendous divorce and ensuing custody battles, and some pretty terrible dating experiences, I prayed for God to set me up with the right woman. He answered my prayers. Coincidentally, she had been praying for the same thing. We now work together from home, neverdo separatevacations, and rarely do something without the other. . She doesn't like the place in OK, so I'm on my own when I go up there. (Too primitive for her) She won't shoot a deer yet, but she'll go kill pigs with me. During deer season, she'll still go andjustwatchthedeer. Outside of my OK trips and her Tennis, we are pretty much together 100% of the time.
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 02:15 AM

As much as I can
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 02:27 AM

Wife and I both work from home. Spent almost all day every day together and we are both still alive and somewhat sane.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Period.

I wish that was true.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 02:33 AM

Sound like I’m in the minority.

Been married 23 years, I see my wife a couple hours in the evening if she’s lucky. I’m on call 24/7, but get 80 percent of weekend off. We still spend good quality time together. Never argue with one another.

I could not imagine coming home at 5pm and seeing my wife for 5 hours every night.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 02:51 AM

Not much
Posted By: Sailor

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 03:18 AM

My ex------- spent more time with her boyfriends, than she
ever did with me...…….
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 03:48 AM

I work 60-70 hours a week, she gets the other 100ish. But I have been working at home a bit more latey, she is getting spoiled.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 03:51 AM

I may be out 8 hours a week otherwise we office at home and she has her's and I have mine with the two goof balls running around unless it is 1-3pm when they are napping lol.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 04:22 AM

Does sitting on the porch with your dogs count?

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor
ever did with me...…….

It's amazing how that happens.

Laying in bed she tells you I want this, and this, and this....this is my dream baby LET'S do this....you're such a good man and I love you so much.....

You work away from home to make big money in order to give her what she wants. You work 12-16 hrs a day/7 days a week and don't complain about anything. You are a hard working faithful man.

Then your brother calls you and tells you that he saw your beautiful wife sucking another man's [censored] while you're out there busting [censored] for her.

I could have cheated plenty, but that ring meant something to me.

I was a fool.

They get paid big regardless.

Like I said..Cheaper to pay by the hour..

Faithfulness and honesty means nothing anymore.

I am envious of those who have a long and happy marriage.

Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 04:41 AM

ever did with me...…….

Laying in bed she tells you I want this, and this, and this....this is my dream baby LET'S do this.......

You work away from home to make big money in order to give her what she wants. You work 12-16 hrs a day/7 days a week and don't complain about anything. You are a hard working faithful man.

Then your brother calls you and tells you that he saw your beautiful wife sucking another man's [censored] while you're out there busting [censored] for her and being faithful.

I was a fool.

A fool is not made by the choices of another. A hard working, faithful man is never a fool.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270
ever did with me...…….

Laying in bed she tells you I want this, and this, and this....this is my dream baby LET'S do this.......

Then your brother calls you and tells you that he saw your beautiful wife sucking another man's [censored] while you're out there busting [censored] for her and being faithful.

I was a fool.

A fool is not made by the choices of another. A hard working, faithful man is never a fool.

Thank you. I would like to believe that.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 05:34 AM

Been together 13 years and if we’re not working we’re together 95% of the time. She loves hunting more than I do I think and we just genuinely like being together. We’re best friends to the max and I wouldn’t have it any other way. The only nut punch is she has extremely expensive taste and her closet in our hunting room has a fully matching complete set of about every camo pattern known to man kind and mine looks like a hobo’s hand me down camo collection partyon555

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Been together 13 years and if we’re not working we’re together 95% of the time. She loves hunting more than I do I think and we just genuinely like being together. We’re best friends to the max and I wouldn’t have it any other way. The only nut punch is she has extremely expensive taste and her closet in our hunting room has a fully matching complete set of about every camo pattern known to man kind and mine looks like a hobo’s hand me down camo collection partyon555

That's good problem to have Sir, wish yall the best. up

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 06:04 AM

I apologize if I'm bitter Sir. Guess I just can't help myself.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 06:18 AM

I feel your pain, Skinner...……….
There is no pain, like betrayal...…………………..

Maybe not Sniper...…...but, you sure feel like one...…….
Posted By: Stub

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 11:03 AM

Lived with three gals for at least two years or more before I finally married at age 39. I firmly believe you have to take them for a long test drive before you make that forever commitment.

We have been together around 28 years, married for almost 26 years and have a very healthy marriage and spend a lot of time together
We have had some arguments over the course but that is because I encouraged her to speak her mind early on hammer laugh
99.9% of the people that know my Deb will tell you I am a lucky man and I agree!

Posted By: NDN98

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 11:36 AM

Depends on what you mean by spend time. After work, the whole family is together for a 2-3 hours cooking, eating dinner, doing homework, chores, etc. Wife then goes and puts the youngest to bed. Sometimes she will come down and we will watch a tv series together. Other nights she just goes straight to bed.

Weekends are usually family time, but we occasionally go out to eat with other couples and no kids. So, long story short, we spend quite a bit of time together as a family, but not just the 2 of us.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:34 PM

ever did with me...…….

Laying in bed she tells you I want this, and this, and this....this is my dream baby LET'S do this....you're such a good man and I love you so much.....

Then your brother calls you and tells you that he saw your beautiful wife sucking another man's [censored] while you're out there busting [censored] for her.

I was a fool.

They get paid big regardless.

Like I said..Cheaper to pay by the hour..

Faithfulness and honesty means nothing anymore.

I am envious of those who have a long and happy marriage.

I have been where you are. Thought the exact thoughts that you espoused above. And yes, my ex got paid, and faithfulness and honesty didn't mean anything to her. You were not a fool, she was the foolish one. There are women out there still who still believe in God, faithfulness, and honesty. Your bitterness will subside one day. Hope you find the one for you!
Posted By: TPACK

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:43 PM

I have been retired for 2 months and she retired 3 years ago. We spend almost all of our time together and have had no problems so far. I do believe that people need time apart though. I do miss my deer lease at Priddy. We had campers down there when I worked the weekend shift and spent lots of time there by myself during the week when everyone else was working.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:46 PM

Wait...you buy kids!
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:48 PM

After 33 years we still spend 99% of our time together. We usually commute together and are always home in the evenings. It's been a good life.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:51 PM

Had a doctor tell me one time, "If it flies, F's, or floats you rent it you don't buy it."
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:51 PM

Just enough.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbass357
We spend a lot of time together. We have been married 42 years and still love and enjoy each other.

Same for me with 43 years together. Not only my wife, but also my best friend.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:27 PM

Since we're talking exes...mine divorced me 30 years ago. We had two little girls. 'Said I "destroyed her self-esteem." Then, she marries a "friend" at work shortly thereafter. He got divorced from his 1st at exactly the same time. Yeah, right. Took several years of daily praying for the strength to forgive her, mostly for what she put my girls through. Hardly ever even think about her now. It helped tremendously to find a woman that knew right from wrong. Still, it's a weird feeling to not be for certain what the truth really was, so many years ago. confused2

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Txhunter65

Wait...you buy kids!

Sure. They’re cheap if you know where to look.
Posted By: janie

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:45 PM

ever did with me...…….

I was a fool.

No sir you were not a fool. You cared and she took advantage of that. If I ever meet your ex, I'd be happy to bitch slap her into last week. Truly hope you meet someone, with a heart as big as yours.
cheers
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:46 PM

Some days a lot or sometimes not enough.
Posted By: Stub

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:48 PM

Wait...you buy kids!

Sure. They’re cheap if you know where to banana.

roflmao

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 01:52 PM

Since we're talking exes...mine divorced me 30 years ago. We had two little girls. 'Said I "destroyed her self-esteem." Then, she marries a "friend" at work shortly thereafter. He got divorced from his 1st at exactly the same time. Yeah, right. Took several years of daily praying for the strength to forgive her, mostly for what she put my girls through. Hardly ever even think about her now. It helped tremendously to find a woman that knew right from wrong. Still, it's a weird feeling to not be for certain what the truth really was, so many years ago. confused2

Lol, yep, my hoe bag ex wife is on forth marriage. I got lucky with my second wife. She just gave me her number out of the blue. We never really said anything to one another other then high and bye before. I knew she was way younger then me, and really had no interest in a relationship. I gave her a courtesy call since we still had to work together. We talked for hours that first call, and have never stopped. We are going on fourteen years, we hardly ever argue, and always make each other laugh. It's a good combination.

Sometimes you've got to go through the bad to get to the good.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Some days a lot or sometimes not enough.

That is the way I feel. Both work full time, kids are busy, and we both have additional hobbies. Most evenings we are together as a family, support our kids at their events together, but she hasn't much interest in golf or hunting. We do like to spend time at the lake and she really enjoys fishing.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 04:13 PM

I'm like stub, I didnt get married until I was in my late 30's. Regarding time spent, I spend as much time with my wife as possible. She's not just my wife, she's my best friend.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 04:27 PM

Been married going on 9 years. We do most everything together.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbass357

Same here Buck. 42 years in January.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by janie
ever did with me...…….

I was a fool.

No sir you were not a fool. You cared and she took advantage of that. If I ever meet your ex, I'd be happy to bitch slap her into last week. Truly hope you meet someone, with a heart as big as yours.
cheers

Thank you ma’am, sorry about the rant.
Posted By: don k

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 06:16 PM

A lot. Retired now and having been married for 64 years we must spend just the right amount of time together.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 06:20 PM

Women spell love a lot like kids do. T I M E

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by don k
A lot. Retired now and having been married for 64 years we must spend just the right amount of time together.

Damn cheers
Posted By: Giblett

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 06:41 PM

3rd marriage for me never thought I would have a ten and 12 year running around the house at 55 years old but part of the package but the youngest like fishing so I been teaching him the ropes never any arguments at least so far and get along great she like to hunt and fish and will even put catfish Charlie on a hook and take them off once she catches one and will mow the yard and watch NASCAR . Known her for years but started dating over a post I put on facebook for my NASCAR race food over a buttermilk pie and the rest is history so yes they are some good one still left and we spend a lot of time together.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 07:54 PM

Damn cheers

X2 and congrats

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 08:00 PM

Wait...you buy kids!

Sure. They’re cheap if you know where to look.

roflmao
Posted By: don k

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 08:32 PM

Damn cheers

I screwed up. It's 54 years married. See what old age does to a person.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 08:36 PM

Damn cheers

I screwed up. It's 54 years married. See what old age does to a person.

That's still pretty awesome. up

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 08:51 PM

I apologize if I'm bitter Sir. Guess I just can't help myself.

No apology necessary, your situation is much more common than you think.

But, being bitter about it is only going to hurt you, not her. Accept it happened, accept that you can’t change it or who she is as a person and leave it in the past. Her actions are not a reflection on you.

I’ve talked to guys who when you talked to them remembered dates, times, locations, etc. when it came to their wives....and this stuff happened 20-30 years ago. I’ve met wounded war vets with foggier memories than these cats.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 09:05 PM

I've been engaged twice...first one cheated on me with her next door neighbor 3 months into our engagement...I found out 3 months later when she wrote me a letter confessing it. Second engagement ended when I was sick of her lies...found out a really big lie several years after I had ended things. Turns out her 'niece' was actually her daughter from a one night stand...

So if you've ever wondered why I'm not married and never care to marry, now you know the rest of the story. Boobs are great, but not being lied to or treated like a fool is better.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 09:33 PM

A lot.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
I've been engaged twice...first one cheated on me with her next door neighbor 3 months into our engagement...I found out 3 months later when she wrote me a letter confessing it. Second engagement ended when I was sick of her lies...found out a really big lie several years after I had ended things. Turns out her 'niece' was actually her daughter from a one night stand...

So if you've ever wondered why I'm not married and never care to marry, now you know the rest of the story. Boobs are great, but not being lied to or treated like a fool is better.

Bishes’ be hoes bro
Posted By: tlk

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 10:07 PM

43 years and blessed - would rather spend time with her than anyone else. We take about 10 weekend out of town trips a year to different locations in Texas and enjoy every minute. She allows me to do my thing (hunt) and I the same with her -
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 10:22 PM

We are both retired, so we spend a whole lot of time together. We are still very much in love after 30+ years and are each others best friend. Sometimes we are in different rooms due to her liking murder mysteries and I like old westerns and fishing shows but seldom out of voice range. About the only time we are not together is when I am hunting or fishing and when she is doing substitute teaching.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270
ever did with me...…….

I was a fool.

Thank you. I would like to believe that.

“Some things are true whether you believe them or not.”

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/28/20 10:50 PM

That’s so beyond messed up
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 12:26 AM

Not true.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 12:31 AM

Laughin' my azz off!

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 12:32 AM

I don’t blame you one bit. There’s good women out there, but there’s plenty of whores to dissuade a man from committing.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
43 years and blessed - would rather spend time with her than anyone else. We take about 10 weekend out of town trips a year to different locations in Texas and enjoy every minute. She allows me to do my thing (hunt) and I the same with her -

tlk, I dont think you will take this wrong, but as you know, I grew up as next door neighbors to the young girl thats now your wife. To the rest of yall I will say that she was the prize catch of Williamson County. Its been about 45 years since Ive seen her so tell her hi.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by tlk

tlk, I dont think you will take this wrong, but as you know, I grew up as next door neighbors to the young girl thats now your wife. To the rest of yall I will say that she was the prize catch of Williamson County. Its been about 45 years since Ive seen her so tell her hi.

The plot thickens.

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by tlk

The plot thickens.

Lol popcorn

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 02:56 AM

Real Housewives of Williamson County. roflmao
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 02:58 AM

Don K for the win!! flehan

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 03:19 AM

My comment about his wife was intended as a serious compliment to him for having such a wonderful wife. I apologize if anyone took it any other way.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: How much time to you spend with your spouse/significant other? - 10/29/20 03:21 AM

57 years my partner and my friend. Both retired so we spend a lot of time to gather. She does not hunt but knows how much it means to me so there is never a question where I will be come deer season. Likes going to the lease if there is another lady to visit with.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum