Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:06 PM

got mine last week.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:07 PM

Again?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:16 PM

Breaking. Pfizer is now testing Covid shots on children.

I looked it up for you.

https://abc13.com/health/pfizer-to-begin-testing-covid-19-vaccine-on-children/7026618/
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:20 PM

Got mine last Sunday. Got shingles vaccination while I was at it. Got to go back in 2 months and get a 2nd shingles shot.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ndhunter
Got mine last Sunday. Got shingles vaccination while I was at it. Got to go back in 2 months and get a 2nd shingles shot.

Got my flu shot in september. Have not had shingles shot, but have had it twice, both times effected me the same way, on my chest, and was not too bad. I'm guessing if I get it again, it would be the same, but I know some people they get it real bad, on their face, very painful..
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:28 PM

Got mine yesterday and my arm is a little sore. I’ll take the wife to get hers this weekend.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:39 PM

Went in for followup ended up with a flu shot.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:49 PM

Required by my employer (hospital). They line us up like cattle and let the student nurses practice on us.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 05:56 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 06:02 PM

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm 65 so got the Fluzone High-Dose vaccine.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC

this. a couple weeks ago.

Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 06:30 PM

I stopped getting sick when i stopped getting the flu shot.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dry Fire
Required by my employer (hospital). They line us up like cattle and let the student nurses practice on us.

lol. That would really be bad for drawing blood. roflmao
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 06:56 PM

Got it today.
Last year was the first time I had a flu shot.
My Dr suggested getting one because of my age.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 06:57 PM

First one I've had in 15 years but I have a new grandson and his parents asked me too.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 07:27 PM

I did this Monday. But, got the flu shot and second shingles vaccination. Let me tell you, Monday night, I thought I was dying. I had fever, headache, chills, heck I had every side effect listed. I had the shivers so bad I thought I was having seizures. At one point I almost woke the wife to go to ER. The next day I was so sore, every muscles was sore. Like I had done 5000 sit-ups hurt. Took me about 36 hours to get back to normal. Pretty good today. Ha. I have never had much of a reaction to any meds, it was crazy.

Getting old sucks!!!!!

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 07:29 PM

I had the old shingles shot. doc want's me to get the new one.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270

I did this Monday. But, got the flu shot and second shingles vaccination. Let me tell you, Monday night, I thought I was dying. I had fever, headache, chills, heck I had every side effect listed. I had the shivers so bad I thought I was having seizures. At one point I almost woke the wife to go to ER. The next day I was so sore, every muscles was sore. Like I had done 5000 sit-ups hurt. Took me about 36 hours to get back to normal. Pretty good today. Ha. I have never had much of a reaction to any meds, it was crazy.

Getting old sucks!!!!!

THATS AMAZING.
My wife did the same thing and ALSO got extremely sick from it.
Sick for days.
We thought CV19.
Makes one rethink vaccines. No warning from anyone.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 07:41 PM

Im 34 and in good health i dont get one. When im old i guess i probably will.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:16 PM

Got one today...last year was the first time in 25 years I got a flu shot and got the flu. I was back at work in 3 days.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:21 PM

How many of you that got one will admit to getting sick afterwards?
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:50 PM

I've had the flu twice in my life. Once as a kid, and it sucked. The second was as an adult. Went to the doc and got Tamiflu, and it knocked it out in about 24 hours.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:52 PM

About a month ago. I schedule my annual physical in September, so that I can get a Flu shot at the same time, this year I also go the Pneumonia shot. No complications other than a little soreness at the site of the injection.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr
Got one today...last year was the first time in 25 years I got a flu shot and got the flu. I was back at work in 3 days.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Then most likely you did not have the full blown flu. It’s the real deal. Many people say, “I got/had the flu” for several days. Many people call the common cold, the flu. It ain’t. You probably had an immunity response as below. Which is not the flu. But causes very mild flu symptoms lasting 1-3 days.

Also, you can’t get the flu from the vaccine. It can cause an immunity response but not the flu. Even the mist vaccine, which uses a weakened live virus” will not give you the flu, but may also trigger an immune response.
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:55 PM

No Flu shot for me. Not now, not ever. rock_on
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:55 PM

Haven't had one since 1992 when I got out of The NAVY.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by MikeC

yes sir up

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog

Again. Having a response to the vaccine, with flu like symptoms, is not getting the flu. It is the immunity response working. Not giving you the virus. Many have no noticeable symptoms while the vaccine is doing its work. Some have mild symptoms in response. It’s not getting the virus. There is a difference.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 09:42 PM

That happened to me about 5 years back but not that severe. Started getting achy in the evening and got chills and fever. I woke up fine the next day. The only negative reaction that I have had. Getting old sucks.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 09:46 PM

Got it Tuesday
Posted By: WT_Foxtrot

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 10:17 PM

First time I ever got a flu shot a few years back was the first time I ever got the flu maybe six weeks to two months later. And yes, it was the full blown flu (per the doctor); and no, it was not mild. Wife finally had to drive me to the clinic because I couldn't even drive myself.

Never again.
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 10:31 PM

I have been getting flu shots for 33 years in a row. Twice I felt bad for a couple of days ( nausea, fever, no appetite). I got mine two Wednesdays ago and I was out of it for a couple of days. I went and cut cedar trees the day after and sweated the funk out of me.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 10:38 PM

I've never been sick from a flu shot or after I've gotten a shot except once, this past January, after attending a big NewYears Eve party. I'd gotten my flu shot the previous October.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/15/20 10:41 PM

I never took one before, but it's also rare that I get flu.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 12:53 AM

Got my senior dose of the flu shot in mid September.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 12:54 AM

Got mine at work a couple of weeks ago.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Espy
Got mine at work a couple of weeks ago.

Some company's require them. Pediatricians refuse to see children without them.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 01:06 AM

Got mine yesterday...and the company paid for it!

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 01:07 AM

Again. Having a response to the vaccine, with flu like symptoms, is not getting the flu. It is the immunity response working. Not giving you the virus. Many have no noticeable symptoms while the vaccine is doing its work. Some have mild symptoms in response. It’s not getting the virus. There is a difference.

I’m not talking about symptoms after getting the shot I mean long after those symptoms wear off.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 01:08 AM

I’ve never had one
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 01:33 AM

Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 02:16 AM

I’m not talking about symptoms after getting the shot I mean long after those symptoms wear off.

Then my answer is never had the flu. 55 years old and hoping I keep beating it.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 03:10 AM

Nope. Never had the flu in my life that I know of. But I'm only 67 so I assume that things will change when I get old.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 03:22 AM

In 1972 I got the flu so bad that I though I was going to die, that was soon after a flu shot. I did okay with only a flu shot here and there (as the government required), till three years ago when I got the flu four times in three months. That was tough.
I am back to flu shots every year.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 12:38 PM

Got mine Oct. 1.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
In 1972 I got the flu so bad that I though I was going to die, that was soon after a flu shot. I did okay with only a flu shot here and there (as the government required), till three years ago when I got the flu four times in three months. That was tough.

A bad case will certainly make you believer in flu shots it did me.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher

the ones we got in the Air force in the early 80's were hell. don't miss that a bit.
Posted By: fishmorethanhunt

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 05:52 PM

I got mine simply because I’m a primary caregiver for my dad otherwise I don’t take it.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/16/20 07:19 PM

Work requirement for me.
Posted By: Huskerron

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 02:22 AM

As I read most of these posts, it appears that a couple of the people that had severe reactions als got the newer two shot shingles shot. I’ve had both the new shingles shots and this years flu shot. This years flu shot may have caused some minor soreness that night but no big deal. As regards those two shingles shots, with each, it was almost like getting the flu for a couple of days. Because the timing is on a set schedule, I got the second one because I didn’t want to have to retake the first one. Once again, I reacted the same way and felt like I had the flu for a couple of days. I guess shingles is worse. Doc said a reaction like that is rare but it hit me both times.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 02:26 AM

Got mine last week!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Huskerron
As I read most of these posts, it appears that a couple of the people that had severe reactions als got the newer two shot shingles shot. I’ve had both the new shingles shots and this years flu shot. This years flu shot may have caused some minor soreness that night but no big deal. As regards those two shingles shots, with each, it was almost like getting the flu for a couple of days. Because the timing is on a set schedule, I got the second one because I didn’t want to have to retake the first one. Once again, I reacted the same way and felt like I had the flu for a couple of days. I guess shingles is worse. Doc said a reaction like that is rare but it hit me both times.

Guillain-Barre syndrome Is supposed to be very rare too, but I know several to have gotten it, including two in my family

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 11:30 AM

Sorry to hear about your family, Bobo. My point was simply that I had little or no side effects from the flu shot but as far as I’m concerned, that new 2 step Singles shot is nasty.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Guillain-Barre syndrome Is supposed to be very rare too, but I know several to have gotten it, including two in my family

Sister-in-law got Guillain-barre. They caught it early and were able hault its progression. That's when I found out that my brother had made a special deal for health insurance with the company that bought our company a few years before, just for him and his wife. (The company was cutting them off after this hospitalization. ) Fun family times, secrets, and lies.

Both my wife and her sister had a heckuva time with the shingles vaccine reaction. Doc says I should get it. I don't know.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 12:07 PM

I skipped the shingles vaccination.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Sister-in-law got Guillain-barre. They caught it early and were able hault its progression. That's when I found out that my brother had made a special deal for health insurance with the company that bought our company a few years before, just for him and his wife. (The company was cutting them off after this hospitalization. ) Fun family times, secrets, and lies.

Both my wife and her sister had a heckuva time with the shingles vaccine reaction. Doc says I should get it. I don't know.

I just don’t know. My wife and kids get vac every year, guess who gets flu every year and who doesn't.

They didn't catch my grandmother until basically last rights where given. 4 years of therapy to walk again, she still can use hands
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 04:36 PM

Must be a bunch of old people in this forum..... bolt

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus

I’m an old lady, myself roflmao

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 05:53 PM

The way they sold me on the second shot was their description of what shingles is like if you get it. I had an older lady that worked for me that got it on her face and near her eyes. It was pretty ugly so I took the second shot expecting I would not feel good for a couple of days. I was correct but I’m glad I got it. But again, the flu shot is nothing.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/17/20 05:56 PM

I’m an old lady, myself roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 03:10 PM

63%

I wonder if that is how the numbers will breakdown for a covid vaccination?
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 03:45 PM

63%

100% sure no one here has gotten the Covid shot yet.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 03:55 PM

63%

Able and willing.
Posted By: TSU99

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 04:03 PM

Got mine Monday.
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 04:18 PM

After being the sickest I have ever been as an adult with the flu in 1989, I get the shot.

A friend who worked through shingles strongly recommends getting the shingles shots. From what I saw, the shot reaction is greatly, greatly less painful than the real thing.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 05:11 PM

63%

I'm a 100% sure you are correct. What's your point?
Posted By: hawk

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 08:00 PM

I've been getting the flu shot for years. Last time I had the flu was 1979.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 08:14 PM

...from what I can remember!

1. I've had the flu twice in my life
2. 2018
3. 2008 after getting a flu shot
4. All other years I never got the flu, and the only time I got a flu shot was in 2008.
5. I asked my ER doctor buddy about the flu shot, and about the "1" time I got a shot and it make me very ill.

He said, "Joe, you may have had symptoms of the flu, and it looked and felt like the flu, but you didn't get the flu from the shot."

What? What is the difference? It sure felt like flu "from" getting a flu shot.

I'll pass...

...------
Posted By: Greg

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 08:15 PM

Got mine yesterday. Had it this last March and don’t want it again!
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 08:19 PM

I got my already. I get the flu shot every year on my doctors orders, as I have had pneumonia 2 times and don't want to take any chances.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 10:04 PM

Get the flu shot every year. Earlier this year caught what they thought was a type b flu not covered by the vaccine. It wasn’t fun but I got over it with tamiflu.

Got my flu shot few weeks ago. Got the shingles shots last year. No issues.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/22/20 11:37 PM

Idiot NOT to get one, they are free
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/23/20 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Lmao

Never had one. Never had the flu. Wont be getting one.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/23/20 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Yes they are

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/23/20 12:30 AM

Afraid on needles.. Its called trypanophobia?.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/23/20 12:36 AM

I'd call a response to the vaccine with flu like symptoms getting sick. May not be the flu but it's still sick.

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/23/20 01:34 AM

Just so we’re clear. I’m not saying the flu shot causes one to get the flu. I’m saying they’re not foolproof in preventing someone from getting it. Everyone has an excuse for why they got sick after getting the shot. So why get it?

I might be ignorant and die of the flu one day. Y’all can dance on my grave if I do. Otherwise, I’m good NOT getting it.

Buzz, gonna-cyphila-herp-alitus is free too. I’m good roflmao
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/23/20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by z71dustin

I'd call a response to the vaccine with flu like symptoms getting sick. May not be the flu but it's still sick.

I got mine Tuesday morning, the needle didn't hurt, my arm didn't get sore and have had no response to this flu shot at all. In the past I have had soreness and fatigue, I believe they have cleaned up the vaccine over the years. My wife being a teacher (now retired) she brought home all of the nasty bugs the little kids had. She subs now and we have 2 young grand children and they bring stuff home from daycare. I skipped the shot one year and got the full blown flu that year, I won't skip another one.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Flu Shot Poll - 10/23/20 05:04 PM

Got that flu shot yesterday, no soreness on the arm today.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum