Texas Hunting Forum

Shopping Cart - Judge of Character

Posted By: TLew

Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 01:53 PM

Someone sent this to me yesterday and it was thought provoking. So, do you put up your shopping cart?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 01:58 PM

Not this again......
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 02:13 PM

First job at small for todays standard grocery store. Back in the day when they had real paper bags. Hated cold winter days and 100+ ones.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 02:17 PM

Sometimes.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 02:39 PM

Tonight I'm having sweet corn with my fried chicken rather than my regular smashed potatoes. I stopped by Walmart. They had it for 33¢ per ear. They will match prices but I didn't study about it. I noticed that slicer tomatoes were $1.98 per pound. I'm giving those suckers away. They were fully stocked in all departments. I returned my cart to the rack that was across the by giving it a push like it was a bowling ball. It rolled right in. This beautiful blond gave me one of these.
up

I think she was coming on to me but I told her that lips that touched a face mask would never touch mine.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 03:33 PM

I slam my cart into the nearest car with a Biden sticker.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 04:48 PM

We never return the cart, our store has carry out crews, they haul our groceries to the car and return the cart for us.
Posted By: soonerdg

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 05:44 PM

Yes I do. Even at Brookshire's where I have to walk it all the way back into the store.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 05:50 PM

I thinks it's different in different places, like here it's hit and miss far as people putting their carts up, whereas in California they will push it to their tent...
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
I slam my cart into the nearest car with a Biden sticker.

Or Beto sticker...………………..
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 06:39 PM

Yes. Sometimes I even gather a 2nd one that some lazy bastard left out to block a parking space or ding someone's car.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 06:52 PM

I almost always return the cart. In fact, I tend to look for a parking place close to a cart rack instead of grabbing the one closest to the door.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 07:10 PM

Always rack them. Will pick up a few on the way if they’re loose in the path or to help a senior or lady with kids. Doesn’t cost a dime to be a decent person.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 07:14 PM

I don't put it back, it makes it easier for the cart person to remove the trash and dirty diaper I leave in them.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Adchunts
Always rack them. Will pick up a few on the way if they’re loose in the path or to help a senior or lady with kids. Doesn’t cost a dime to be a decent person.

This. And if I'm walking by somebody as they're emptying it, I'll offer to take theirs. Will frequently call out people I see ditching them.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 07:39 PM

Moral one upper thread clap

And pappawrock, since you missed it in my other post in the bunker, this post is sarcasm up
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 07:52 PM

I’ll put it like this, if I saw someone not put their cart back and I were to interview that same person for a job, their application would get filed in the shredder.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 08:01 PM

I find people parked like #@$holes and do this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fbchunter

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 08:27 PM

Our local HEB parking lot is really sloped hard. The wife was unloading groceries one day when an older couple pulled up near her. There was a middle age lady in a Lexus unloading her grocery cart. She didn’t return the cart. The cart went rolling, my wife heard it and looked up, just in time to see it smash into the elderly couples’ car, leaving a dent. She said the lady saw it, got in her car and left without acknowledging them. My wife hurried and wrote the plate number down and gave it to the couple. They were going to talk to security but I don’t think there’s much that can be done. I thought maybe the lady didn’t see it and told my wife that. She said there was no doubt the lady knew

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

And pappawrock, since you missed it in my other post in the bunker, this post is sarcasm up

You caused a little uproar on the previous thread.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
I almost always return the cart. In fact, I tend to look for a parking place close to a cart rack instead of grabbing the one closest to the door.

+1 It may take me a few extra steps to get into the store, but I make those up on the back-end because I don't have to walk 1/2 way across the parking lot to put the cart away.
Posted By: pnh

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 09:54 PM

[Linked Image]

lol35

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

I like to keep things lively every once in a while, and being called a democrat doesnt sit well with me, so I had to shake it up a little.
Felt like being snarky on this thread too, but thought better of it....figured I would explain my sarcasm post in case anyone wanted to call me names

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 11:20 PM

I like to keep things lively every once in a while, and being called a democrat doesnt sit well with me, so I had to shake it up a little.
Felt like being snarky on this thread too, but thought better of it....figured I would explain my sarcasm post in case anyone wanted to call me names

I once read a book called Lonesome Dove. There was a man in there called Pea Eye Parker. Gus often said that Pea Eye was not a big noticer. Most of your THfers adversaries are not big noticers,
Posted By: Guy

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 11:39 PM

Yeah this has already been posted, but don't be stupid, return the cart where it is supposed to be returned. Most places have a sign "Return Carts Here".

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/20/20 11:56 PM

You have to put up a deposit at Aldi.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/21/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by pnh

[Linked Image]

lol35

I love this, and I keep some heavy duty ty-wraps in my truck. That's what Ima start doing.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/21/20 12:58 AM

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/21/20 02:41 AM

Well in case you missed it - so was mine!

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/21/20 02:23 PM

I ride with Buckeyes unless its football where I ride with Roll- Tide, as well as big 12 fans.

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/21/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by PappawRock

Well in case you missed it - so was mine!

clap
Posted By: Jon

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 05/21/20 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
First job at small for todays standard grocery store. Back in the day when they had real paper bags. Hated cold winter days and 100+ ones.

Me too! But it beat the hell out of chopping cotton and paid twice the money.
Didn’t have to worry about where the carts went cause we pushed the carts to the customers car and loaded the paper sacks in for them then brought the carts back. Brookshires in Forney may even still do that today. They did 10 years ago.

Now i almost always push the cart back to the corral 99% of the time.
And i try to park next to one so i have room to open the truck door all the way to load my stuff without banging into the vehicle next to me.

I don’t ever leave one where it can roll or blow into someones vehicle.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 02:24 PM

With my big truck, I typically park far away from the door. Yesterday, I saw a little, "mature" woman emptying her cart into her vehicle. She was about half way in between the racks for empty carts. She was just about finished and I asked if I could take the cart to place in the rack. She advised it was clean. I simply asked her to pass along a favor to someone else.

How in the world could anyone leave the cart, they utilized, where it could damage someone else's property? I just don't get it.

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
With my big truck, I typically park far away from the door. Yesterday, I saw a little, "mature" woman emptying her cart into her vehicle. She was about half way in between the racks for empty carts. She was just about finished and I asked if I could take the cart to place in the rack. She advised it was clean. I simply asked her to pass along a favor to someone else.

How in the world could anyone leave the cart, they utilized, where it could damage someone else's property? I just don't get it.

You have a memory like an elephant. Is this the Shopping Cart 1 thread. Or the Shopping Cart Redux thread?
confused2
Posted By: erathar

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 03:53 PM

Down here, I believe it is because the general population has no sense of ownership. They have no significant amount of net worth, they have never owned a house, and $1000 vehicles that are already beat to hell. If they really dont care about denting their own vehicle, what makes you think they care about yours? It is sad really. I see it every day. Not to mention the fact most are just sloppy lazy slobs.

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by pnh

[Linked Image]

lol35

I love this, and I keep some heavy duty ty-wraps in my truck. That's what Ima start doing.

Best have alot when you make it to Corpitos.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 04:49 PM

You have a memory like an elephant. Is this the Shopping Cart 1 thread. Or the Shopping Cart Redux thread?
confused2

This is the second one. I posted the first one

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

confused2

This is the second one. I posted the first one

You the man.
cheers
Posted By: majekman

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by erathar

Down here, I believe it is because the general population has no sense of ownership. They have no significant amount of net worth, they have never owned a house, and $1000 vehicles that are already beat to hell. If they really dont care about denting their own vehicle, what makes you think they care about yours? It is sad really. I see it every day. Not to mention the fact most are just sloppy lazy slobs.

You are spot on about CC...lived in Portland and Rockport for 30yrs. I’ve had more bad experiences there than anywhere else. The lack of respect for others ANYWHERE in that cesspool amazes me. I’ve been to many other big city’s in Tex but CC is bad, real bad. Jmo
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 08:01 PM

Only place where Walmart had to shutter a store due to shoplifting and employee theft.

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/14/20 08:24 PM

Only place where Walmart had to shutter a store due to shoplifting and employee theft.

Lmao. You are familiar with Robstown I see.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Shopping Cart - Judge of Character - 06/15/20 12:34 AM

Hearne closed their Wally World for it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum