Texas Hunting Forum

WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most)

Posted By: HWY_MAN

WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 12:27 PM

Sorry tried to write a headline like our media does.

WTI below 12 bucks a barrel. We're fixing to reach the point where things are fixing to start happening that some have never seen before and some painfully remember. Might want to put your spurs on!
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 12:29 PM

Not good at all. that's 70s prices.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 12:32 PM

F*** the saudis, hope everyone remembers the timing of what they have done

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

We went below that in 98, you quit worrying about keeping your hand up and you legs out, you just grabbed onto the saddle and hung on.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

We went below that in 98, you quit worrying about keeping your hand up and you legs out, you just grabbed onto the saddle and hung on.

I remember that. The QT by my house in Atlanta was 68 cents a gallon.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock

I'm starting to have some second thoughts about this Saudi, Russia, OPEC blow up. I'm not much of a conspiracy person but. I couldn't put together a better plan to take out the American oil and gas industry than what we're witnessing. They know we're not energy dependent as far as Crude Oil is concerned. Are we witnessing a conspiracy disguised as a feud?

We didn't do it last time even though I hoped we would. Every time this happens we need to expand our Natural Gas foot print here in the US. We have an incredible energy source in Natural gas that we barely touch.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 01:18 PM

$10.88 now.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 01:28 PM

The solid companies could withstand a few months in the 20s even high teens. At $11-12 you're going to witness most independents being wiped out. I've had 30+ proposed wells be shelved in the past 5 days.

Lots of people going to be losing their jobs - if they hadn't already.

You're witnessing the worst oil crash in history.

[censored] the Saudis and [censored] Russia. Need to rip the band-aid off and get this economy going. We're simply out of storage space.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 01:51 PM

I’m guessing it won’t affect me seeing as I don’t know what WTI even means?
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 01:52 PM

I have a question I hope someone in the oil field industry can answer for me. When I well is shut down that is currently producing oil or gas is a valve or something turned off and then the production stopped and the well can be turned back on at a later date or does the well have to be capped in a more permanent way? I know that it’s not as simple as just flipping a switch and have to assume that turning a producing well off or s not the normal thing that is done for a long period of time with the money that was put into it to make it productive.

I really don’t think the American public really know or understand how much that the oil industry touches their life and not just by the gas in their vehicles or natural gas to heat their homes.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 01:53 PM

You can't support any debt at this level. Companies that have leveraged will most likely not survive. Being smart and conservative doesn't even help at this price. Sad deal for those in the industry and Texas as a whole.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by LFD2037

At this price it effects everybody. WTI means West Texas intermediate crude. 39 oil producing states are fixing to start looking for new ways to create revenue. They're severance tax income has taken a major hit.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lakhota
I have a question I hope someone in the oil field industry can answer for me. When I well is shut down that is currently producing oil or gas is a valve or something turned off and then the production stopped and the well can be turned back on at a later date or does the well have to be capped in a more permanent way? I know that it’s not as simple as just flipping a switch and have to assume that turning a producing well off or s not the normal thing that is done for a long period of time with the money that was put into it to make it productive.

I really don’t think the American public really know or understand how much that the oil industry touches their life and not just by the gas in their vehicles or natural gas to heat their homes.

In many cases it's just that simple, just flip a switch.

I'm shutting down all but two of my electric wells, don't even need to close a valve. My AJAX wells are still running as well as all my flowing and gas lift wells, these wells run themselves. The gas we just keep producing because you still have to have income coming in along with as much oil as we can profitable or as close to profitable as we can get. When the oil doesn't pay for the electricity to produce, you shut it down. I'll tell right now we don't like shutting them down, that's hard on all your equipment from top to bottom.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 02:40 PM

What happened to the meeting Russia and the Saudi were gonna have to cut production?
Posted By: Jasb

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 02:41 PM

We need to build and update our oil refineries....damn epa
Posted By: TCM3

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jasb
....damn epa

couldn't have said it better myself

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:12 PM

At this price it effects everybody. WTI means West Texas intermediate crude. 39 oil producing states are fixing to start looking for new ways to create revenue. They're severance tax income has taken a major hit.

Out of curiosity, how will this be bad for me? I’m genuinely asking.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:16 PM

You're neighbors loosing jobs always effects you.
You take that much money out of the state economy it effects you.
If demand is that low it means money is not being spent. I don't know what you do public or private sectors will both be effected.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:19 PM

I found this link regarding the Severance Tax, or oil production tax. If I have the math right oil Severance Tax made up 6.7% of state revenue in 2019. I can't just rattle off everything pulling from state revenue, but all state agencies, education, and roads come to mind first.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/about/media-center/news/2019/190904-sales-tax.php
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
What happened to the meeting Russia and the Saudi were gonna have to cut production?

They had it and agreed to cut production. They are contemplating 2nd round of cuts. Demand is where the problem is.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by ndhunter
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

They had it and agreed to cut production. They are contemplating 2nd round of cuts. Demand is where the problem is.

My wife has not filled up her explorer in 3 weeks.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:42 PM

Hope those $20/hour burger flippers out west didn't get used to the money. If prices stay this low for a year, it is gonna hurt West Texas in a bad way. Overleveraged companies can dodge banks for a few months, but eventually the debt collectors will get them.

Private equity guys were already getting anxious about the lack of returns that their money was SUPPOSED to be getting and wasn't.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:53 PM

Please help me try to understand why you always hold back. Why don't you ever post how you really feel?
confused2

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by DannyB

I found this link regarding the Severance Tax, or oil production tax. If I have the math right oil Severance Tax made up 6.7% of state revenue in 2019. I can't just rattle off everything pulling from state revenue, but all state agencies, education, and roads come to mind first.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/about/media-center/news/2019/190904-sales-tax.php

Maybe since Texas now collects retail sales tax from purchases made online, it can offset some of the loss from low oil/gas prices. Maybe?
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 03:56 PM

No, everybody will be affected.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:04 PM

I hope those effected directly can weather this storm.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:18 PM

"How does this affect me?" Hmmm . . . .

Been hearing about lay offs for a while now. Just spoke with another good person who indicated her hubby's firm had laid off 450 employees. That's just one energy company. When others don't work, we all carry their burden - that's just what happens. They are no longer contributing, but costs go on.

A friend o' mine just purchased three skid mounted, two bath oil field housing units for 10K apiece. I saw photos and the units were in excellent condition. Those things had to cost the production firm 30-40K each - they don't fire sell like that unless there is a fire.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:45 PM

What do you do for a living?
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:48 PM

This is historically bad

Just saw WTI went into the $7’s
Posted By: pdr55

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:51 PM

Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse...
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:56 PM

Now at 5.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:56 PM

I drove from Houston to Junction yesterday after I got off work. Stopped once so the wife and kids could pee. Made it in record time, better than when I'm solo and don't stop at all. Zero traffic. 85-90 the entire way. No demand for motor or aviation fuel.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 04:57 PM

At 11:56 AM, daily WTI $4.77.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 05:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 05:11 PM

[censored] this is bad.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 05:39 PM

Am I reading this right??

[Linked Image]

May deliveries, are now at $2.65/barrel?
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 05:55 PM

.39 a minute ago.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 06:32 PM

-35.20 now...

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 07:46 PM

Firefighter/Paramedic.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 07:48 PM

LFD2037, it will be bad for you because there will be so many bargains on boats and ATVs that you won't know which one to buy.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 07:59 PM

Ok not a gas or oilman,...what is the downside?

Truckers, where we get most of our supplies fuel will be cheaper.
Rail cars, diesel will be cheaper.
Airfare, will be cheaper

Easier on most people's pocket books to travel and spend more while out.
'Please enlighten the rest of us'

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:01 PM

Superduty if you don't know by your age. No reason to try and explain it. Just keep on keeping on.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
Superduty if you don't know by your age. No reason to try and explain it. Just keep on keeping on.

Please enlighten me.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:06 PM

Not that bad......

The Benefits of Diversity
Even with the loss of growth, the U.S. economy isn’t nearly as tied to the price of oil as some of the other top production nations. The U.S. economy is incredibly diverse. Although oil and gas production has been one driver of recent growth, it is far from the most important sector of the economy. It is, of course, connected to other sectors and losing growth in one can weaken others, but sectors like manufacturing gain more than they lose.

The U.S. economy can take a lot of hits and keep on going because so many sectors contribute to it without any single dominant sector. The same can’t be said about some other oil-producing nations like Russia or Venezuela whose fortunes rise and sink with the price of oil. In short, the U.S. economy has the room to adapt to prolonged periods of high or low oil prices. This means it takes more than just low oil to shake the U.S. economy, but it is not uncommon for oil prices, high or low, to increase the impact of economic shocks.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/032515/how-oil-prices-impact-us-economy.asp

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:07 PM

That okay there's a boi d arc fence post over here I'll go chat with. Have a good one.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:23 PM

""Firefighter/Paramedic.""

If the city or county has no income how long do you think the job will last.
Posted By: chalet

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:32 PM

We make a better margin when fuel is up.

Originally Posted by ducknbass
That okay there's a boi d arc fence post over here I'll go chat with. Have a good one.

That's hilarious, I have three strong willed daughters and have told them all at one time or another that they would argue with a fence post.
Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Superduty

Airfare, will be cheaper

And more people on unemployment because they are out of jobs. Us West Texans out here where we are dependent on oil for jobs have taken a huge hit. Tax revenue is going to be lower. Many more will be out of jobs, so they aren't going to have money in order to travel. Live out here in the Midland/Odessa area or New Mexico where most of the oil jobs are and you will see the huge downside to oil crashing like it has....

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:35 PM

Until there's nothing left to haul.

Untill there's nothing left to haul

Airfare, will be cheaper

Until there's nothing left to haul.

'Please enlighten the rest of us

The state is losing a huge amount of money and you and I both know they're not going to have massive lay off's. To offset that loss of revenue they'll just raise sales tax and property tax, gas tax. We'll all pay I don't care who you are.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:37 PM

This gluten of oil and gas hoarding is over. Over produced and too much fat, it has been a long time coming. It happened is 2008, 2013-14. I understand it is tax dollars, but those tax dollars will l be added to the purchase by consumer or corporation regardless.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:41 PM

This gluten of oil and gas hoarding is over. Over produced and too much fat, it has been a long time coming. It happened is 2008, 2013-14. I understand it is tax dollars, but those tax dollars will l be added to the purchase by consumer or corporation regardless.

What happens when you lose 30-40% of your consumers?

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:50 PM

What happens when you lose 30-40% of your consumers?

Covid is currently doing that.

I do not believe it will be as high as 15%
I do believe it will help, though.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 08:53 PM

I agree with Superduty that this is going to hurt a lot of people and it will affect a lot of people indirectly. However, there are a lot of people that are going to find a benefit from this in the short term.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:00 PM

I'm a deep water Oil & Gas man, thanks to Covid-19 and this oil war my company is taking a hit. Scary times we're living in.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:03 PM

DC will be along soon to scold you for "worshipping the almighty dollar". lol

Man, -$37 at the close? the S is about to Hit The Fan.
Posted By: SmallTownHunter

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:04 PM

I have been busier than I have ever been and I cover the Permian. Lots of folks selling assets right now. Signed 2 complete dispersals last week. Nice gear too.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:09 PM

Let's see...

1. Texas will lose 7% of it's state taxes - who do you think will end up paying for that if oil prices don't recover quickly?
2. Energy sector employs about 7% of the workforce in the US - probably a little higher in Texas - add this on top of all the businesses that are currently closed
3. Oil and Gas activity keeps A LOT of small little rural towns running - what you think is going to happen to all those little mom and pop shops or billy wayne's sister's little boutique down on the square once the oilfield jobs are gone and your baby momma can't go spend your check cause you ain't got no job?
4. Eventually this will have an inverse effect - prices will be through the roof - why? Because the oil and gas economy collapsed and new drills went to zero. Now we've burned through whats in storage and it takes time to lease, permit, schedule, etc new drills. So we then will have a SHORTAGE of oil in the US...well - we can't stand that here - so who do we buy from? The Saudis...giving them more power - something we had taken away until this stupid virus killed domestic and global demand.
5. If oil stays negative you're going to see refineries go offline. No one is going to PAY to have oil refined into fuel. Period. Not if demand is what it is now. Then we'll have a gas shortage. That will be fun.

Maybe I'm doom and gloom - but it's really not a great outlook with energy prices so low.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:10 PM

How is a city in north central Texas dependent on oil income? I really don’t see the connection and every time I ask, I never get a qualified answer. I’ve asked many times and many times the response is “it does, you just don’t realize it”.
If i don’t realize it affects me then is it really affecting me? I’m really wanting to get an honest, clear answer;
How does low oil prices affect a firefighter/paramedic living in north central Texas?

(I feel for the oil and gas guys, I really do. Feast or famine is the name of that game and I couldn’t live my life like that but appreciate the ones who do. I have some in my family. They all say this affects me but have never once given me an answer as to how.)

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:13 PM

How is a city in north central Texas dependent on oil income? I really don’t see the connection and every time I ask, I never get a qualified answer. I’ve asked many times and many times the response is “it does, you just don’t realize it”.
If i don’t realize it affects me then is it really affecting me? I’m really wanting to get an honest, clear answer;
How does low oil prices affect a firefighter/paramedic living in north central Texas?

(I feel for the oil and gas guys, I really do. Feast or famine is the name of that game and I couldn’t live my life like that but appreciate the ones who do. I have some in my family. They all say this affects me but have never once given me an answer as to how.)

It might in an unnoticeable way, maybe 4 years from now when things need to get ramped up. In 2008 and 2014....didn't phase me one bit.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:21 PM

The problem is that companies are going to shut their doors, sell their equipment at a huge loss, and people who put the money up for exploration and production will take a nasty hit.. that means even if oil rebounded 1st Q next year, Texas (US) production won't be anywhere near where it was before CV19. $50-60 oil would quickly turn into $120 oil once demand ramps up and our production capability is wiped out. About 26% of Texas GDP ($250 billion or so) is energy based. It will leave a pretty nasty skid mark down our backs, no matter what industry you are in.

Russia can live off of around $10 a barrel at last count, just for reference.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Please help me try to understand why you always hold back. Why don't you ever post how you really feel?
confused2

roflmao
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:38 PM

sure won't affect you when you're stupid
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by huntingbig8

That wasn't very nice.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:44 PM

Airfare, will be cheaper

It’s a wasted debate SuperD. Just quit while you are ahead. Low oil prices is the unbiblical Armageddon.
Foolishness after effort to explain the reality of the economics.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by huntingbig8

Wow, just because someone is asking a question to educate themselves is not a sign of being stupid, it is actually a very good trait in a person. You cannot learn without asking questions.

You are out of line.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Airfare, will be cheaper

It’s a wasted debate SuperD. Just quit while you are ahead. Low oil prices is the unbiblical Armageddon.
Foolishness after effort to explain the reality of the economics.

Read my post above this one.

Also read your first sentence in YOUR signature line.

Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:49 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ice-crash-you-absolutely-love-to-see-it/

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 09:53 PM

Well not sure which post your referencing.

Am I being negative? Ha. Sorry if that perception, it’s said in jest!

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:00 PM

I hate that thing.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:01 PM

Most are too young to remember lines that were two blocks long to get your 10 gallons of gas. Plus, you could only get gas according to your plate ending in an odd or even number. I've seen west Texas where every other house on a street was for sale. Yes it can and does affect everyone when the oil and gas industry loses equilibrium and control. It's not pleasant when the Saudis control your life.
Posted By: freerange

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:01 PM

Far as I can tell Superduty and Sniper270 are generally speaking the same language so yall may wanna pool your resources cause it will likely be a battle with the rest on here.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Most are too young to remember lines that were two blocks long to get your 10 gallons of gas. Plus, you could only get gas according to your plate ending in an odd or even number. I've seen west Texas where every other house on a street was for sale. Yes it can and does affect everyone when the oil and gas industry loses equilibrium and control. It's not pleasant when the Saudis control your life.

How soon we forget.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:06 PM

I remember that gas rationing crap.
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:15 PM

And then this genius chimes in....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:16 PM

Yep she didn’t delete that fast enough.
Posted By: Stub

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:18 PM

If your talking about the Arab embargo in 1973-1974 I certainly do, I was a junior/senior those two years.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:21 PM

How soon we forget.

most forget what happened last year
Posted By: glens

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:24 PM

[quote=LFD2037]I’m guessing it won’t affect me seeing as I don’t know what WTI even means?

Firefighter/Paramedic.

Tax money paycheck. Public supplied. The Boy ain't worried and the reason he comes across "it ain't gonna hurt me". banana
Posted By: badger2b

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:24 PM

Here is a start on Oil & Gas.

https://www.croftsystems.net/oil-gas-blog/like-it-or-not-you-are-dependent-on-the-oil-gas-industry

A few well known aspects:

Trucking

Automobiles Dealers/Makers/Servicers

Airlines

Railroads

Power Generation (natural gas)

Shipping (ship’s oil version of diesel)

Farming (plowing, harvesting, weed control, pest control, fertilizers, transport for storage and to food processing plants.) Farms buy fuel at minimum of 500 gallons at a delivery for small farms.

Bus Lines and City Busses, Cabs, Ubers, Lyfts,

Mining & Quarrying, half of the employees these days are truck drivers

Heavy Construction and Sitework/Excavating

Air Cargo and Van-based delivery (Postal Service, UPS, Federal Express, DHS, etc.)

Furniture Industry

Appliance Industry

and many more since every industry depends on inputs, outputs, workforce commuting, customers arriving all by internal combustion engines using oil-derivatives. Non-physical industries like business services, information, banking, investing etc. often mistake themselves as no longer being reliant on oil despite using cars and planes to move themselves around the planet.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:32 PM

This too shall pass, the wise person in the oil business knew that a bust was coming and tried to prepare for it. Those that work in the field offurnishing goods and services for the oil and gas industry, the same the old timers knew this was coming, and most I know prepared for it.

The FNG's in the oli field, they bought new trucks as soon as the new smell was gone, they spent their money and the bankers money on boats, guns, took vacations, and increased their debt loads. The bankers will repo a lot of toys, but the bankers made money. That new company that over extended their line of credit to buy the latest and fanciest gadgets, the auction house will thank them by selling it for them.

It is a vicious circle in a cutthroat business, the strong will survive, some of the the weak, will fold. But the next round will bring a new round of FNG's and they will repeat the circle again.

The manufacturers, they will still produce for the people out side of the oil and gas industry, the farmers will still produce as before, the trucks will still have goods to haul as will the railroads.

The cities, the counties and the states will raise taxes on property, goods and services. The taxpayers that are left will take up the slack, Places like Midland, Odessa and such, will tighten the belt as hundreds or thousands f people move on the the next gold rush or go home with their tail tucked between their legs. The smart money managers, will be buying houses and business property and making do until the next oil rush, where they will sell again at overinflated prices. .

I saw the first race to the oil fields in 1970's, it has happened before and will happen again.

The welfare line starts on the left, there will be a lot of I will never take welfare people in that line. The food bank line is on the left, restocked by donations from those that didn't spend themselves into debt., the retirees and those not connected to the oil field.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:36 PM

WTI = west texas intermediate, no? I'm purty stupid too

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Poppa
WTI = west texas intermediate, no?

Yes

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:37 PM

I was asking legitimate questions to try to see from the other side of the aisle. I got nothing but asinine answers. Same asinine answers I get every time I ask about this subject. It’s not my fault some of you chose to get into a career that is a constant roller-coaster ride filled with ill prepared individuals blind to the inevitable. Y’all have fun convincing the world that your well-being is more important than the rest.
up

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:39 PM

The worst part about this is OPEC still has this kind of control.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:41 PM

Many banks will get hit hard. Capital One nearly crashed recently, with only 1.4% of their loan book having exposure to oil. The CFTC was going to relax some financial safety standards to keep the bank from crashing. If Capital One only had a 1.4% exposure then surely there are other banks that we will be reading about soon.

I can't make the link work. You will have to copy and past if you want to read it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-capitalone-cftc-ex/exclusive-capital-one-got-cftc-waiver-after-oil-price-plunge-increased-swap-exposure-sources-idUSKBN21D1BC?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FbusinessNews+%28Business+News%29

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
This too shall pass, the wise person in the oil business knew that a bust was coming and tried to prepare for it. Those that work in the field offurnishing goods and services for the oil and gas industry, the same the old timers knew this was coming, and most I know prepared for it.

The FNG's in the oli field, they bought new trucks as soon as the new smell was gone, they spent their money and the bankers money on boats, guns, took vacations, and increased their debt loads. The bankers will repo a lot of toys, butthe bankers made money. That new company that over extended their line of credit to buy the latest and fanciest gadgets, the auction house will thank them by selling it for them.

It is a vicious circle in a cutthroat business, the strong will survive, some of the the weak, will fold. But the next round will bring a new round of FNG's and they will repeat the circle again.

The manufacturers, they will still produce for the people out side of the oil and gas industry, the farmers will still produce as before, the trucks will still have goods to haul as will the railroads.

The cities, the counties and the states will raise taxes on property, goods and services. The taxpayers that are left will take up the slack, Places like Midland, Odessa and such, will tighten the belt as hundreds pr thousands f people move on the the next gold rush or go home with theor tail tucked between their legs. The smart money managers, will be buying houses and business property and making do until the next oil rush, where they will sell again at overinflated prices. .

I saw the first race to the oil fields in 1970's, it has happened before and will happen again.

The welfare line starts on the left, there will be a lot of I will never take welfare people in that line. The food bank line is on the left, restocked by doations from those that didn't spend themselves into debt., the retirees and those not connected to the oil field.

Just got a call from the Basin Grapevine, looks like everybody is fixing to fill the tanks and shut them down, I just cancelled a 1,850 barrel sale. We'll work on selling gas until this is over, won't take long to bring down the surplus. I've got several 500 barrel test tanks I can store in.
Posted By: crosshare

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 10:58 PM

I feel for the people that support their family from working in the gas and oil industry and the fact that it’s so noticeable here in a big gas/oil state. At the same time years ago when gas was nearly $4 a gallon at the pump, it was affecting a lot of us but that’s the nature of the beast. Same can be said for the dairy industry right now. Expensive equipment and investment’s and now they can’t get rid of it so they are dumping it and a lot of them are going out of business. List can go on with the medical industry as well, if you’re in the industry you are doing great. If you’re not and having to go see the doctors or get meds all the time, it hurts the pocket. Can’t make everyone happy, so just keep on going! Only way for everyone to win is to set prices across the board were its a win for everyone, but that won’t happen so
rock_on

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 11:06 PM

I was asking legitimate questions to try to see from the other side of the aisle. I got nothing but asinine answers. Same asinine answers I get every time I ask about this subject. It’s not my fault some of you chose to get into a career that is a constant roller-coaster ride filled with ill prepared individuals blind to the inevitable. Y’all have fun convincing the world that your well-being is more important than the rest.
up

up

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 11:15 PM

Only way for everyone to win is to set prices across the board were its a win for everyone, but that won’t happen so

That's the way it used to be.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by chalet

We make a better margin when fuel is up.

bs
Posted By: glens

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 11:42 PM

up

up

Well sorry. crying
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 11:50 PM

We're (in Texas) all tied to oil. Even the hippies in Austin. If you don't believe so, you're hopelessly out of touch.

Rock on amigo. cool

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/20/20 11:50 PM

Trust me, the goverment will be coming up with a bailout, aka welfare program just like they did for the airlines etc..

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:04 AM

Trust me, the goverment will be coming up with a bailout, aka welfare program just like they did for the airlines etc..

I just don't see that happening with the current House. They'd lose the Global Warming left, and those loons are supporting the current party. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I just don't see that happening with the current House. They'd lose the Global Warming left, and those loons are supporting the current party. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Well articulated.
Posted By: B-radder

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:45 AM

Glens , what's your point?

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by glens

Tax money paycheck. Public supplied. The Boy ain't worried and the reason he comes across "it ain't gonna hurt me". banana

So you dislike police, fire and military. All the people that put their lives on the line for you and get paid peanuts to do it. Got it.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:07 AM

I hope its just the stress that's causing so many "harsh" posts. I could repeat this post on a dozen threads right now, and especially the Oil ones.
I hope some will read my sig line.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:13 AM

On the bright side, almost every consumer just got the equivalent of a small pay raise that they can stimulate the economy with.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:19 AM

Im not certain about airline traffic but I feel that many folks are busting to get outa the house and go places. Yes the demand may stay low but its gonna crank up some. Got to try to be positive. Not so easy, I know, if directly in the biz.
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:44 AM

Oil prices of $30-$40 per barrel is good for everyone, gas prices are stable, people are traveling and buying things and all is right with the world. These prices today will impact every part of the economy, housing prices will drop, new car and truck sales will plummet, and impulse buying will stop. I’m not so concerned about our position now, both kids are out on their own, and if I lose my job, we’ll be ok. A lot of people won’t for various reasons. Anyone who believes that this won’t affect them has been day drinking.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mako My Day
Oil prices of $30-$40 per barrel is good for everyone, gas prices are stable, people are traveling and buying things and all is right with the world. These prices today will impact every part of the economy, housing prices will drop, new car and truck sales will plummet, and impulse buying will stop. I’m not so concerned about our position now, both kids are out on their own, and if I lose my job, we’ll be ok. A lot of people won’t for various reasons. Anyone who believes that this won’t affect them has been day drinking.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by titan2232
Originally Posted by Mako My Day
Anyone who believes that this won’t affect them has been day drinking.

I did yesterday, and I STILL knew we're screwed.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:24 AM

So you dislike police, fire and military. All the people that put their lives on the line for you and get paid peanuts to do it. Got it.

He didn’t say that nor do they get payed peanuts. Nice try.
Posted By: doc606

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:55 AM

I stay pretty calm on these post and mind my own business. But I'm oilfield out here in West Texas as of tomorrow or next week at the latest I'm out of a job. Never been on unemployment or food stamps. I'm 56 and will have a hard time starting over but I will. Know what I'm going to apply for both. Catch up on my fishing and spend time with my family and grandkids I never get to spend time with. Too busy busting my butt with 110 hour weeks. Yeah I know I chose this life but oh well God will show me a way. I'm fixing to get banned but don't give a [censored] anymore. [censored] liberals getting their way finally. Oh yeah SUPERDUTY and anyone else who thinks"how does this affect me" it affects all of us. SO Y'ALL CAN GO [censored] YOUR SELVES. Be looking forward to your tax dollars supporting me for a while. The short time it last. PEACE OUT, you ungrateful MF
Posted By: JimTX

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 03:08 AM

Hey doc606. Good luck!!! If you do get laid off, I hope it is for a short time and that things will get better for you on the other side of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Downturns have an impact on all of us and that includes every business, industry or individual.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by doc606
I stay pretty calm on these post and mind my own business. But I'm oilfield out here in West Texas as of tomorrow or next week at the latest I'm out of a job. Never been on unemployment or food stamps. I'm 56 and will have a hard time starting over but I will. Know what I'm going to apply for both. Catch up on my fishing and spend time with my family and grandkids I never get to spend time with. Too busy busting my butt with 110 hour weeks. Yeah I know I chose this life but oh well God will show me a way. I'm fixing to get banned but don't give a [censored] anymore. [censored] liberals getting their way finally. Oh yeah SUPERDUTY and anyone else who thinks"how does this affect me" it affects all of us. SO Y'ALL CAN GO [censored] YOUR SELVES. Be looking forward to your tax dollars supporting me for a while. The short time it last. PEACE OUT, you ungrateful MF

I would not ban you for that. Just speaking your mind and letting off steam. You earned that unemployment so take it too FYI. I pray things will be better soon Sir.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 03:49 AM

This posts speaks volumes. Much more than just the words.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 11:48 AM

Agreed.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:02 PM

Its not like he told you to choose a career where you would make peanuts....

See what I did there? roflmao bolt

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:09 PM

It absolutely does. Those of us in the business are damn proud of what we do, because so few are capable of doing it. We know what all is involved with putting that gallon of gas in a vehicle, putting that plastic cup to your mouth, pulling that plastic pistol out of the holster or just flipping the power switch on you lap top or PC. None of that is possible without oil, the world of plastic disappears. The road we travel, the tires we roll on, the signs we see, not possible without oil. Take oil out of the equation and we immediately go back to the 1800's, where the Blacksmith is one of the more important people in town.

We are constantly under attack even by those who we thought were on our side, this thread was a pretty good example. When asked how low crude prices impacted even those not in the business many of us explained and gave multiple reasons and examples. Whether a person agreed or liked the answers doesn't matter they were correct answers. A person can stick their fingers in their ear's and go la la la all day long but that doesn't change the fact that we are a world running on gas and oil and each and every one of us are impacted and involved. Anybody who doesn't understand that has more than just their fingers in their ears.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:21 PM

Yea everybody knows nobody gets killed and injured here in the oil business, it's a risk free business.

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060053892

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:30 PM

up

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jasb

up

And that's an old oilfield hand trying to be diplomatic, understanding and pleasant, most would just leave the offender laying on the ground choking on their own teeth. Kudos for him having such restraint. I wonder how long they would last down at Betty Lou's?

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

I’m not here complaining about my job. See what I did there?
I knew I wouldn’t get rich doing this. I did it to help people because I like helping people. Most people get into O&G to try to make big money. At least all the people I know did.

I NEVER said this won’t affect me. I asked HOW this would affect me.
This battle of wits with unarmed men seems unfair for y’all.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 12:51 PM

I've been in the oil business for 35 years in one capacity or another. For the first 11 years I was involved in finding it, the last 24 have been spent valuing it. No regrets at all, being in the industry has allowed me to do and see things I never dreamed of. It has also provided for my family all these years.
That said, it is not an industry for the faint-hearted. Having been through multiple boom-bust cycles, it wears on you. But living through those cycles made me understand that before you buy a house, or a car, or have a kid, you better be prepared. Saw too many people get the rug pulled out from under them.
It's a high-risk, high-reward industry and always will be. Unfortunately, more than a few people out there have contempt for anyone that is in the industry, but, as said above, they make full use of what they provide to the public.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH
I've been in the oil business for 35 years in one capacity or another. For the first 11 years I was involved in finding it, the last 24 have been spent valuing it. No regrets at all, being in the industry has allowed me to do and see things I never dreamed of. It has also provided for my family all these years.
That said, it is not an industry for the faint-hearted. Having been through multiple boom-bust cycles, it wears on you. But living through those cycles made me understand that before you buy a house, or a car, or have a kid, you better be prepared. Saw too many people get the rug pulled out from under them.
It's a high-risk, high-reward industry and always will be. Unfortunately, more than a few people out there have contempt for anyone that is in the industry, but, as said above, they make full use of what they provide to the public.

I got ya by a few years. We're a crazy bunch, why we stay in this business is beyond me, it's kind of like riding a bull with no rigging. Few if any work harder for their money than those in the Patch and they are rewarded nicely for it, as I said before not many are capable of doing it. How we spend our money is nobodies business other than those who seem to be envious of it and they complain loudly. We're a big family composed of all ethnicity's and we'll stand up for any and all, I know of no other business like it.. I love this business and thank God I've been allowed to be a part of it for so many years.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:22 PM

I knew I wouldn’t get rich doing this. I did it to help people because I like helping people. Most people get into O&G to try to make big money. At least all the people I know did.

So if the city goes down in tax revenue some 30% due to O&G companies and the rona, that wouldn't affect you? Furloughs, layoffs, even city employees face those....

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:32 PM

So if the city goes down in tax revenue some 30% due to O&G companies and the rona, that wouldn't affect you? Furloughs, layoffs, even city employees face those....

He was already told that a couple of times.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:36 PM

Me, no. People way under me, possibly. Me directly, no that won’t affect me.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 01:39 PM

May contract closed yesterday - $37.63 / barrel.
New contract this morning, back in the $14.00+ range.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rustler

I seen that!

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:04 PM

That’s great news!!! up

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:04 PM

There are no sacred cows when it comes to money.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:06 PM

Good to see you concerned with your underlings.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:19 PM

Hey, if it doesn’t affect you directly, who cares?
Posted By: Pumpjack

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:25 PM

I appreciate what you do in your line of work, we all need people like you but it appears to me you may have a chip on your shoulder over us in the line of work we have chosen. Like in any profession we’ve got our share of characters but we are a hard working, hard living bunch and when we get knocked down we dust ourselves off get up and go again. We take criticism from the majority and understand it goes with the territory, When I hear someone say they don’t see how the drop in oil doesn’t.affect “me” I assume they live a sheltered life but there is another world out there. So once again thank you for what you do for society and the first round is on me at Betty Lous I’ve got a little time on my hands right now.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:48 PM

It absolutely does. Those of us in the business are damn proud of what we do, because so few are capable of doing it. We know what all is involved with putting that gallon of gas in a vehicle, putting that plastic cup to your mouth, pulling that plastic pistol out of the holster or just flipping the power switch on you lap top or PC. None of that is possible without oil, the world of plastic disappears. The road we travel, the tires we roll on, the signs we see, not possible without oil. Take oil out of the equation and we immediately go back to the 1800's, where the Blacksmith is one of the more important people in town.

We are constantly under attack even by those who we thought were on our side, this thread was a pretty good example. When asked how low crude prices impacted even those not in the business many of us explained and gave multiple reasons and examples. Whether a person agreed or liked the answers doesn't matter they were correct answers. A person can stick their fingers in their ear's and go la la la all day long but that doesn't change the fact that we are a world running on gas and oil and each and every one of us are impacted and involved. Anybody who doesn't understand that has more than just their fingers in their ears.

Too bad AOC and the likes of her don't get this!!!!!

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 02:51 PM

Yep I see what you did there. Showed your arse big time.. It truly is sad when some people have such huge blind spots and either can not or refuse to see.

Don't waste my time asking what you can't see, that only proves my point. Peace out.
Posted By: badger2b

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 03:00 PM

Ah. Betty Lou's. West 3rd St., across from the old Burleson's machine shop I believe. Haven't been in there since the early 70's.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 03:04 PM

Instead of asking on here, why don't you ask your Fire Chief, or call the County Judge or City Manager where you work? A call to your pension administrator might be in order as well.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 03:14 PM

up
[/quote]

And that's an old oilfield hand trying to be diplomatic, understanding and pleasant, most would just leave the offender laying on the ground choking on their own teeth. Kudos for him having such restraint. I wonder how long they would last down at Betty Lou's?[/quote]

You do not help your opinion/side with silly junior high fits like this. Use adult debate and ideas not threats and childish rants. It just validated what many think about your field anyway. IMO
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 04:29 PM

"Most are too young to remember lines that were two blocks long to get your 10 gallons of gas. Plus, you could only get gas according to your plate ending in an odd or even number. I've seen west Texas where every other house on a street was for sale. Yes it can and does affect everyone when the oil and gas industry loses equilibrium and control. It's not pleasant when the Saudis control your life."

I sure hope we are not headed back to 1973-74. I remember those gas lines and they were longer than a couple of blocks. Will we see the Truck/Tahoe/Suburban, SUV market crater again like 2008? Is it time to pick up a good used small efficiency? electric?

Maybe a 1.21 gigawatts supplied by a plutonium powered nuclear fission reactor and lightning bolt for starter!
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
"Most are too young to remember lines that were two blocks long to get your 10 gallons of gas. Plus, you could only get gas according to your plate ending in an odd or even number. I've seen west Texas where every other house on a street was for sale. Yes it can and does affect everyone when the oil and gas industry loses equilibrium and control. It's not pleasant when the Saudis control your life."

I sure hope we are not headed back to 1973-74. I remember those gas lines and they were longer than a couple of blocks. Will we see the Truck/Tahoe/Suburban, SUV market crater again like 2008? Is it time to pick up a good used small efficiency? electric?

Maybe a 1.21 gigawatts supplied by a plutonium powered nuclear fission reactor and lightning bolt for starter!

that was caused by embargo. not even close today. we have plenty of gasoline.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 04:41 PM

Your correct. Embargo other end of the spectrum...

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 04:45 PM

My point was not the cause but the effect. Arabs didn't like our support of Israel at the time so they cut off shipments of oil to the U.S. Doesn't matter what the cause is. You don't want someone else controlling your destiny that doesn't like you. It threw our economy into turmoil.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 04:51 PM

up

And that's an old oilfield hand trying to be diplomatic, understanding and pleasant, most would just leave the offender laying on the ground choking on their own teeth. Kudos for him having such restraint. I wonder how long they would last down at Betty Lou's?[/quote]

You do not help your opinion/side with silly junior high fits like this. Use adult debate and ideas not threats and childish rants. It just validated what many think about your field anyway. IMO[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, it's no Jr high fit, that's pretty much fact, if you knew anything about the business and the people in it you'd know that.

It just validated what many think about your field anyway. IMO

And that would be?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 05:52 PM

Do we really need to go there...

There are good & bad examples in every job, career, industry, etc.

Chicken or the egg, examples go on & on forever.
false dichotomy ~ casualty dilemma.
It is an all or nothing never ending circular argument.

If you can’t handle the uncertainties and the ups & downs of your chosen career path and don't have the foresight to prepare for the downs and don't have a realistic backup plan just in case, that’s on you.
Crowing about it falls on deaf ears.
Just like it does in any other feast or famine business.

My bottom line does best on cheap fuel prices, I also realize that hurts O&G & related businesses.
I don’t spend, celebrate & party when prices are down, on the other hand it seems like quite a few spend, celebrate & party when prices go through the roof.

It shouldn’t be or turn into an us against them kinda deal.
I don’t like hearing about or seeing anyone lose their income or their field in decline from no fault of their own.

Some turd like people get joy from other peoples misery.

Again, I really dislike what the good folks in the O&G industry are going through right now, I sincerely hope things turn around for them.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 06:32 PM

If you can’t handle the uncertainties and the ups & downs of your chosen career path and don't have the foresight to prepare for the downs and don't have a realistic backup plan just in case, that’s on you.

My bottom line does best on cheap fuel prices, I also realize that hurts O&G & related businesses.
I don’t spend, celebrate & party when prices are down, on the other hand it seems like quite a few spend, celebrate & party when prices go through the roof.

I don’t like hearing about or seeing anyone lose their income or their field in decline from no fault of their own.

Again, I really dislike what the good folks in the O&G industry are going through right now, I sincerely hope things turn around for them.

x2 good post Rustler.

Re: WTI below 12 bucks, (Women and Children hurt most) - 04/21/20 06:46 PM

Now that’s a sensible post.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum