Texas Hunting Forum

Asking for a friend

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Asking for a friend - 03/26/20 10:43 PM

Let’s say a friend, who lives in Dallas County is going to the lease for opening day of Turkey season and to isolate for a few days. Could said friend be ticketed should he get pulled over?

Again, asking for a friend.
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/26/20 10:45 PM

I’d say the chances are less than killing 3 Toms with one shot.....
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/26/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by rjf1911
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/26/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Let’s say a friend, who lives in Dallas County is going to the lease for opening day of Turkey season and to isolate for a few days. Could said friend be ticketed should he get pulled over?

just say "I'm going grocery shopping". not you, but your friend.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/26/20 11:32 PM

Put some fishing rods in the truck and say you are going fishing. Seems like most the lockdown orders allow fishing.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 12:38 AM

No
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by JCB
Put some fishing rods in the truck and say you are going fishing. Seems like most the lockdown orders allow fishing.

That is an essential venture, fishing is putting food on the table, same as turkey hunting. Besides turkey hunting is good for mental health.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 12:43 AM

Floor it. peep
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Originally Posted by rjf1911

X7
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 04:35 AM

No idea what you are talking about... Just wondering how far the beds are apart at camp... I better bring my 6 foot measuring tape for the fire pit! cheers Have a safe drive.
Posted By: decook

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 11:01 AM

No. You're exercising (I mean your friend). That's allowed.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 12:41 PM

And they say there are no stupid questions, only those who want to increase their post numbers.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 01:11 PM

Just make sure your friend does not get caught head lighting deer as some of the trollers on here suggested.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 01:19 PM

Guessing there will be lots of "friends" on the road for the opening of turkey season...
Posted By: huck18

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 01:36 PM

I drove from Fort Worth to Austin yesterday to pick up a load of cows. Both Travis and Tarrant Counties have shelter-in-place orders. I passed several LEO's and saw lots of people out and about. I wouldn't worry about it. Do what you want to do.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

Just make sure your friend does not get caught head lighting deer as some of the trollers on here suggested.

I think you're reading more into that comment than intended. The one I remember seeing just said the poster wasn't above head-lighting deer to feed his family if things got bad enough. Perfectly reasonable statement in my mind.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 01:58 PM

Need some firewood for my grill so I'm taking the kids out to the lease tomorrow to get out and move around. They have been cooped up all week. I'll pack food and drinks, won't even have to stop for gas. The places we are going there won't be anybody else so not sure why it would be a problem.

Seems like getting your kids outdoors right now would be a positive thing both physically and mentally.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dalroo
Guessing there will be lots of "friends" on the road for the opening of turkey season...

X2

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 05:32 PM

This weekend is youth only in north zone. General opener is next weekend. Just an fyi...

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/27/20 06:21 PM

Going to get food is an essential travel, it doesn't say you have to buy it at the grocery store.
Posted By: hetman

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 04:07 PM

WASHINGTON—Government officials across the U.S. are using location data from millions of cellphones in a bid to better understand the movements of Americans during the coronavirus pandemic and how they may be affecting the spread of the disease.
The federal government, through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local governments have started to receive analyses about the presence and movement of people in certain areas of geographic interest drawn from cellphone data, people familiar with the matter said. The data comes from the mobile advertising industry rather than cellphone carriers.
The aim is to create a portal for federal, state and local officials that contains geolocation data in what could be as many as 500 cities across the U.S., one of the people said, to help plan the epidemic response.(Link)
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 06:06 PM

I drove from Houston to Junction Friday morning and didn't even see a single speed trap.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 09:41 PM

I just came back from fishing and the Marina was packed. There was a GPPD car there too! Tried going to Kroger for some roses for the wife's b-day but no luck. Kroger was packed, whole families inside. I got the heck out of there. Driving home looked like any other Saturday as far as traffic.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 09:48 PM

I think people will soon get spring fever and start moving around more.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I just came back from fishing and the Marina was packed. There was a GPPD car there too! Tried going to Kroger for some roses for the wife's b-day but no luck. Kroger was packed, whole families inside. I got the heck out of there. Driving home looked like any other Saturday as far as traffic.

Yup
More traffic today than any rush hour all week.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 10:47 PM

I'd take my chances anywhere in Texas.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 10:54 PM

its just starting.............trump is about to shut it down.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 11:00 PM

The county where I hunt just put a shelter in place order. This is getting old real fast.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by takewhatyoucan64

Pessimist.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 11:07 PM

The county where I hunt just put a shelter in place order. This is getting old real fast.

You can still hunt, get food and gas. What else do we need?

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman

Words of wisdom. cheers

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 11:12 PM

Just gas. I will take all my food with me.

Originally Posted by Txduckman

Posted By: Ron H

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/28/20 11:42 PM

Isn't turkey hunting a form of grocery shopping, which is allowed?
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/29/20 12:10 AM

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7788162/
Posted By: freerange

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/29/20 01:01 AM

Where are you getting that from? Seems hes planning to do the opposite.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/29/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by freerange

Where are you getting that from? Seems hes planning to do the opposite.

Fake news.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/29/20 01:14 AM

Florida shut the entrance gate.
https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/...19-from-spreading-in-the-sunshine-state/

Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state

ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) – Florida law enforcement agencies set up checkpoints at the Alabama-Florida border. On Friday, Governor Ron Desantis issued an executive order to keep people travelling from areas known to have a lot of COVID-19 cases out of the state.

Executive Order 20-86, directing all persons who enter the State of Florida from an area with substantial community spread, to include the State of Louisiana, inclusive of those entering the State of Florida by roadways, to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/29/20 01:46 AM

POTUS did not order the quarantine of NY and NJ. Travel advisory instead.

Re: Asking for a friend - 03/29/20 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
POTUS did not order the quarantine of NY and NJ. Travel advisory instead.

Welcome to Texas I guess... They must quarantine for 14 days here once arriving. Fine with me. We are all doing that anyway in somenway. Just don't let them go the liquor or grocery store.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum