Texas Hunting Forum

Bidet

Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Bidet - 03/22/20 03:31 PM

Maybe there will be more interest?
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 03:33 PM

eek
Just go to the store and buy a dental water pick.
wink
Posted By: don k

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 03:45 PM

If I remember right having spent a lot of time in Europe is that bidets were mainly for a woman I don't remember seeing a big hole in the bottom of one to flush out a turd.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 04:03 PM

They are only for wimmens and clingers.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 04:13 PM

I LOVE my bidet. I think a lot of people are confused about what they are. They have seen the separate toilet thing that doesn't have a big hole. MY bidet is a toilet seat attachment, it just goes on under the toilet seat bolts and attaches to the water line. A little spray head sets down in the back of the bowl(its covered to keep it lean). You turn a dial that sticks out on the side and that blast of water gets you squeaky clean. I always had the same ideas as most until a buddy got one and talked me into trying it. Im telling you, its the best thing ever. Ive since bought one for my mom and my dad. They both love it as well. Im not sure why most people prefer to use thin paper and their hand to smear poop off themselves. When you wash mud off your truck, do you just smear it off with a dry towel or do you hit it with the water hose?
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 04:27 PM

My wife called me a prepper for having a bidet and a s*** ton of ammo.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 04:32 PM

No.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 04:43 PM

I’ve used one. They are nice. Better than you might think?
Posted By: one73maro

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 04:43 PM

They have these everywhere in Japan. I was there for a few weeks in January and had never really seen one before until then. I never thought I would try one either but did and they work pretty good. My wife wants to get one now.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:24 PM

I've asked this before and no one answered...don't you still have to dry off with TP?
Posted By: don k

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:26 PM

While ago I got to thinking about some on here and their using of bidets for what they were not originally designed for. The original purpose was the clean a woman's privates. Now on the forum we have men using it to wash their rears after a bodily function. Also on another thread their are men on here that instead of wipeing they go to the shower and it seems there is no wipeing involved to clean up just using the shower to get residue off the rear. For those involved in this practice I would think, even though I am not a Doctor it might be time to get the old anus checked out. A good reaming may be the answer to your problem.

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by don k
While ago I got to thinking about some on here and their using of bidets for what they were not originally designed for. The original purpose was the clean a woman's privates. Now on the forum we have men using it to wash their rears after a bodily function. Also on another thread their are men on here that instead of wipeing they go to the shower and it seems there is no wipeing involved to clean up just using the shower to get residue off the rear. For those involved in this practice I would think, even though I am not a Doctor it might be time to get the old anus checked out. A good reaming may be the answer to your problem.

Damn that's funny!

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I've asked this before and no one answered...don't you still have to dry off with TP?

Yes I still use tp to dry off. But, I use probably 1/4 of the tp I used to wipe with it. Also, you could use a small hand towel to dry if you wanted and just have a place there to hang it to dry. Your butt is clean so you are just soaking up the excess water.

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by don k

They weren't originally for women. They actually were used first for cleaning up after a bowel movement. Its also healthier for your anus to spray it with some water than scraping it with paper. You end up much cleaner.

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork

Yes I still use tp to dry off. But, I use probably 1/4 of the tp I used to wipe with it. Also, you could use a small hand towel to dry if you wanted and just have a place there to hang it to dry. Your butt is clean so you are just soaking up the excess water.

It is not 100%, depending on your "movement".

I use about 1/4 also.

I would not use a towel, but would if TP ran low.

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

It is not 100%, depending on your "movement".

I use about 1/4 also.

I would not use a towel, but would if TP ran low.

Thanks for the responses. I learned something today.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 10:50 PM

Installed one today,only took about fifteen minutes! Love it!
Posted By: pnh

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 11:05 PM

Come on November! cheerleader

Re: Bidet - 03/22/20 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwilliam

Heated seat is a big plus at 4AM in Winter.
Posted By: tex70

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 12:14 AM

This is what happens when we don't have sports to talk about
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by tex70

I really miss sports especially on weekends.

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 12:28 AM

I bet most professional athletes have a bidet
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 02:49 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by texasag93
Originally Posted by sweetwilliam

Heated seat is a big plus at 4AM in Winter.

And heated water as well

Most people will have to get an electrician to install a GFI plug next to the toilet instead of running a extension cord and looking ghetto

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 10:44 AM

I bet most professional athletes have a bidet

Not Really

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 10:53 AM

Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 11:07 AM

If you go you a friends or relatives who have bidets I would not recommend using their hand towels to dry your hands.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 11:11 AM

I LOVE my bidet. I think a lot of people are confused about what they are. They have seen the separate toilet thing that doesn't have a big hole. MY bidet is a toilet seat attachment, it just goes on under the toilet seat bolts and attaches to the water line. A little spray head sets down in the back of the bowl(its covered to keep it lean). You turn a dial that sticks out on the side and that blast of water gets you squeaky clean. I always had the same ideas as most until a buddy got one and talked me into trying it. Im telling you, its the best thing ever. Ive since bought one for my mom and my dad. They both love it as well. Im not sure why most people prefer to use thin paper and their hand to smear poop off themselves. When you wash mud off your truck, do you just smear it off with a dry towel or do you hit it with the water hose?

Never owned or used a Bidet but I do have questions.

Don't you still have to dry your butt off? Is tissue or cloth used for that? And the idea of getting a shot of cold water to the kiester doesn't sound too appealing, an old man my age could have a run away, possible seizure or heart attack. I don't want cold water hitting my butt for any reason, I can see the EMS report now.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 11:36 AM

You can save money on tp,and coffee with that morning jolt!Lol
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 11:39 AM

I truly love this forum and the many, varied ideas presented within. Never, ever thought butt cleaning would end up being a topic, but oh well!
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 12:06 PM

Never, ever thought butt cleaning would end up being a topic, but oh well!

Probably the only topic on this forum where we all have skin in the game.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 01:39 PM

When I was working in India and some places in the Philippines there was a hole in the ground next to a water hose. They carried a handkerchief.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Bidet - 03/23/20 02:14 PM

I did go buy a kitchen sink sprayer a week ago, to tap into the toilet supply line as my contingency plan... smile I'd never heard of these add-on bidet seats. I'd have to believe a cleaning shot of cold water, particularly in the winter, would get your attention. I went and looked around and they have them with heated and fan options though they require a 110v outlet. I don't have one in the master bath-toilet closet, but I guess I could tap into the light switch power?

Charlie
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum