Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone’s license plate number been stolen?

Posted By: KRoyal

Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:13 AM

I just got a ticket in the mail from the mesquite ISD marshals service. Saying that I passed a school bus on the left while it was stopped and offloading kids. Has my license plate is a white infiniti. But it wasn’t me. For one my infiniti has been in the garage since I went on vacation to CO the week of thanks giving and I’ve been driving my truck. This happened on Jan 15th. Biggest give away is I don’t run a front license plate on my car.

The pictures and video of the car are not great, but it is a white infiniti but it is a G37 not a Q50 like mine. The grills are a dead giveaway. The grills are also chrome along with the wheels. My wheels are bronze and my grills are black. Mine is also lowered with black diffuser and splitter this car has neither.

I called mesquite PD but they told me to call the marshals tomorrow.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. They didn’t steal my plates I still have both of them, just the number itself. If you look real close the fonts on his license plate does not match mine, it looks like he used a marker to draw it in.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:22 AM

I already told you it’s an 8 and not a 0

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
I already told you it’s an 8 and not a 0

I won’t believe it until somebody runs that plate for me lol. You were busy at the moment.

And the more I look at it, it doesn’t look legit.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:25 AM

Sancho get ahold of your keys and go for a joyride.... rofl

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

rofl no Richard!
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:29 AM

sounds like a deep fake
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:30 AM

With a ride like that, how could he resist?

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

popcorn
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:33 AM

All I know is you're good for a ticket just for not having a front plate.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:34 AM

So obviously not my car, but been looking at the two license plates and mine is rounded and the 3’s are completely different. His are really blocky and not rounded looks like the temp plates that have the squares you color in. But all the ones I can find online don’t have the Texas, star, and lone star across the bottom and I don’t know if they’re reflective or not.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Yea I know, going to be hard to get around telling the marshals tomorrow how I can prove it wasn’t me because I break the law every time I drive it. Front plates are stupid.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:35 AM

Meth

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:38 AM

Lincoln X-ray Baker Ninety Eight Forty Three.
Originally Posted by KRoyal
So obviously not my car, but been looking at the two license plates and mine is rounded and the 3’s are completely different. His are really blocky and not rounded looks like the temp plates that have the squares you color in. But all the ones I can find online don’t have the Texas, star, and lone star across the bottom and I don’t know if they’re reflective or not.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:40 AM

Pretty coincidental that it’s just one digit off with both the 8 and 0 looking alike and they’re both white Infiniti’s.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:42 AM

8's are blocky on the corners, 0's are rounded. Trust a cop that's been running plates for 25 years, it's an 8. Crappy camera just didn't pick up on the center of it.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:43 AM

8's are blocky on the corners, 0's are rounded. Trust a cop that's been running plates for 25 years, it's an 8. Crappy camera just didn't pick up on the center of it.

The 8 isn’t what I really thought was different it was the 3. They look nothing alike.

But I get what you’re saying and I guess we shall see tomorrow. Just seems a bit too coincidental to me.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:44 AM

Pretty coincidental that it’s just one digit off with both the 8 and 0 looking alike and they’re both white Infiniti’s.

Highly coincidental, but entirely possible. Looks that way to me. Run with it so you don’t get busted for no front plate.

Reasonable doubt, fight the man, etc.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:46 AM

If you bought it new at a dealership the plates issued can be very similar to others from the same dealership. The dealership sends your new registration in bulk with several others and they issue them sequentially from new plate stock. If you got it used, you just have bad luck.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:47 AM

If you bought it new at a dealership the plates issued can be very similar to others from the same dealership. The dealership sends your new registration in bulk with several others and they issue them sequentially from new plate stock. If you got it used, you just have bad luck.

Used, but yes I have terrible luck. Crazy chit like this always happens to me.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:48 AM

good luck explaining your story to some one in india
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:50 AM

How do you attached a front plate on your car?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:51 AM

Clerical error or operator error, you will need more than a prayer to get them to admit that. Just take a piece of electrical tape and make your 0 into an 8 and pay it. clap

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892

You have to drill the front bumper or get a tow hook attachment which is why I don’t do it.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:56 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I told him that 2 hours ago, he won’t listen to a pro

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892

You have to drill the front bumper or get a tow hook attachment which is why I don’t do it.

Nor should you have to.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:58 AM

whip
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:02 AM

Wow Kyle, I wouldn’t have thought that you would go around a stopped school bus.
Were the lights flashing and the flaps out ?
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:04 AM

I thought Texas did away with the front plate requirement?

Clearly different models.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by pdr55
Wow Kyle, I wouldn’t have thought that you would go around a stopped school bus.
Were the lights flashing and the flaps out ?

Whoever this jackass was did, the video they have shows the flaps out and lights flashing and he just zooms right past. I didn’t even know school busses had cameras on the side.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:08 AM

Had a case of mistaken plate when I was in college. Turned out fine in the end. Recently a family member's plates were stolen. Reported to the local police, the state, and insurance. Got new plates and moved on.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:09 AM

Good luck with your fight!

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Had a case of mistaken plate when I was in college. Turned out fine in the end. Recently a family member's plates were stolen. Reported to the local police, the state, and insurance. Got new plates and moved on.

Hopefully the cops on here are correct and it’s just a mistaken 8 and they’ll send the bill to him and clear me. $300 ticket.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:21 AM

Maybe the other guy’s is LX8 instead of LXB.

Did you just post this to show off your cool car that you never drive? Nice humble brag. I do like the car and think you have a valid case. Good luck.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Scott W
Maybe the other guy’s is LX8 instead of LXB.

Did you just post this to show off your cool car that you never drive? Nice humble brag. I do like the car and think you have a valid case. Good luck.

Damn shots fired!!

Lol no I’ve posted it before in the car threads that have popped up so most everyone knows what I drive. I think the first 3 digits have to be letters no numbers, but I could be wrong.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:30 AM

Hopefully Mesquite ISD processes this from start to finish and can see your images or car and dismiss it. Some agencies send camera ticket video/images to a private company who processes it and your only option is to set it for court which will be a PITA.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:32 AM

Hopefully Mesquite ISD processes this from start to finish and can see your images or car and dismiss it. Some agencies send camera ticket video/images to a private company who processes it and your only option is to set it for court which will be a PITA.

Damn don’t want to hear that because this is through a private party out of AZ which I called first and they were no help whatsoever.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:43 AM

Damn don’t want to hear that because this is through a private party out of AZ which I called first and they were no help whatsoever.

I figured as much which is why you got the ticket in the first place, a real cop would not have misread that plate. Some person working for the company did.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 05:10 AM

Wait until you get the toll bill bang People suck!
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 05:32 AM

It was my understanding that in the state of TX a traffic ticket couldn’t be sent through the mail. I also just read an article that was from Aug of 2019 that stated that the red light camera law that went into effect last year did away with bus stop arm citations in most districts in TX. The article states that most of the districts know they are dancing a fine line by issuing these citations. I think in order for them to do anything the DA has to sign off and the Dallas DA isn’t going to. The red light camera law took all the bite the cities had in enforcement as they aren’t allowed to stop the cars registration any longer if they are still running the cameras until the contracts expire.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 06:20 AM

[Linked Image]

Try this next time and then the man can't get you.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 12:00 PM

Case closed up

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 02:06 PM

Hmm seems like the professionals opinions are correct. Did a little more digging this morning and the LXB-9843 it belongs to a 2012 Honda Accord.

[Linked Image]

If you look at the upper and lower grill it is definitely a Honda Accord in the picture.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd

That was my first thought too.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 02:39 PM

Have had several boat trailer tags stolen over the years from boat ramps but nothing other than having to get a new one has come of it.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by Judd

That was my first thought too.

That is what I thought as well, but I've never received any toll bills. Maybe the toll booth cameras are a lot better and don't mistake the two numbers.

Just got off the phone with the Marshal. I presented him with all my evidence and he looked up the other license plate and said he is inclined to believe me considering where that vehicle is registered to and were I'm located at. I'm guessing the driver of that car lives in or close to Mesquite. He said he has contacted the place in AZ to get this taken care of and will call me back when he has confirmation.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:16 PM

I sure hope they are going to pursue the other individual.

Glad it worked out for you.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
I sure hope they are going to pursue the other individual.

Glad it worked out for you.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 04:36 PM

If you get right with Jeebus this stuff will quit happening to you
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 05:34 PM

clap

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 08:49 PM

Marshal just got back with me and said they have updated the license plate in their system and it has been sent to the DMV for new violator information which causes my citation to be dismissed. banana

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 08:50 PM

clap up

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 09:36 PM

Marshal just got back with me and said they have updated the license plate in their system and it has been sent to the DMV for new violator information which causes my citation to be dismissed. banana

up
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/05/20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by SR025
[Linked Image]

Try this next time and then the man can't get you.

I think I know that guy. roflmao
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

roflmao
Posted By: Ron H

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 07:28 PM

I received a traffic light camera ticket. My license plate number was on a blue Honda instead of my Dodge SRT4. I sent in pictures and described that I was not in my car at that light and they dismissed the ticket.

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 08:38 PM

Just like ox's grocery store excursion . ALL these companies over charge and prey on the thousands that dont research it. Like the others said , ever notice they dont make the mistakes the other way around....
Posted By: glens

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:07 PM

Just build your own plate like I did in the joint and put your name on it. [Linked Image]
banana

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:08 PM

clap

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by glens
Just build your own plate like I did in the joint and put your name on it.
banana

Ha, I try to stay out of the joint, but I might get me some custom plates. Expensive for 2 vehicles every year for basically nothing.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Head
Just like ox's grocery store excursion . ALL these companies over charge and prey on the thousands that dont research it. Like the others said , ever notice they dont make the mistakes the other way around....

How would a license plate camera make a mistake the other way?
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:21 PM

did he write you a ticket for the front plate?
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:44 PM

roflmao

That tin head is out there jack

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
did he write you a ticket for the front plate?

Negative Ghost Rider!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 09:58 PM

This was fun. I guess I will sell it to someone else in 6 months and make another $50.

P.S. Screw you Kyle... peep

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
This was fun. I guess I will sell it to someone else in 6 months and make another $50.

P.S. Screw you Kyle... peep

Yea sounds like something you did jackass!

Re: Anyone’s license plate number been stolen? - 02/07/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

roflmao

That tin head is out there jack

you got to read son. I wasn't necessarily talking about the toll cameras.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum