Texas Hunting Forum

I think the Gov. is an Idiot

Posted By: Stub

I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 12:00 PM

Kentucky governor says he intentionally exposed his 9 kids to chickenpox hammer Which is the same virus that can cause Shingles when they get older!

I believe the Government should not control our lives either, but really exposing your kids to a disease that can lead to another disease to prove a point?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ke...onal-exposed-his-nine-kids-to-chickenpox

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said Tuesday that he deliberately exposed his nine children to chickenpox in lieu of vaccinating them, actions that follow reports of an outbreak of the contagious disease at a Roman Catholic school in a northern part of the state.

“Every single one of my kids had the chickenpox," Bevin told Bowling Green radio station WKCT. "They got the chickenpox on purpose because we found a neighbor that had it and I went and made sure every one of my kids was exposed to it, and they got it. They had it as children. They were miserable for a few days, and they all turned out fine.”

Bevin said he doesn’t believe vaccines should be mandated by the government.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 12:07 PM

The same dude goes to snake church in his hood
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 12:09 PM

There are people that don’t believe in vaccinations and instead search out other families that believe the same. They have “exposure” parties so other children can get catch a particular disease and strengthen their immune system. whip
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 12:18 PM

I just don’t understand....
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 12:36 PM

That was a common deal when I was a kid. There was no vaccine back then.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 12:38 PM

I always heard it's better to get the chickenpox as a child rather than as an adult. chicken pox won't kill you what's the big deal? I must be an idiot, because I agree with what he has to say.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I always heard it's better to get the chickenpox as a child rather than as an adult. chicken pox won't kill you what's the big deal? I must be an idiot, because I agree with what he has to say.

X2
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee

X2

Because there is a vaccine for it now!! So no pox or shingles ever! I think I would have had rather had the vaccine like my children have had than the alternative which I have had both. Shingles on the scalp in college sucked. Hurt like hell. I better not get ever again.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman

X2

Because there is a vaccine for it now!! So no pox or shingles ever! I think I would have had rather had the vaccine like my children have had than the alternative which I have had both. Shingles on the scalp in college sucked. Hurt like hell. I better not get ever again.

Agree (Txduckman) if you can get your children vaccinated so they will not catch the disease why wouldn't you? Especially when you know it will probably cause them to have Shingles later in life which can be at the least an irritating and a lot of times be a debilitating long term painful disease confused2

Now if you do not want to get vaccinated yourself and want to intentionally expose yourself to catch it and you do not care whether you get Shingles later in life, then so be it up

So as usual I will not back down from what I state and believe, if you intentionally expose your children to small pox when you have the ability to get them vaccinated and you know they will probably suffer from shingles later in life, then Yes I think y'all are Idiots also!

S.A Hunter & Thundervee do y'all have children if so did you have them vaccinated?
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:32 PM

I remember my mom taking me over to a friend's house that had chicken pox when I was a kid. She did it so that I would get it when I was young, and it wasn't so bad. Now, there was no vaccine then, so that is what she did to make sure I had it at an early age. I had another friend that didn't get it until he was in his 20s, and he thought he was going to die. Said it was terrible, and he was out for at least a week. So, I understand the reasoning behind exposing kids to Chicken pox early...but...that was before vaccines. hammer

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:33 PM

Lol, worry about yourself! Leave us be.

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Txduckman

X2

Agree if you can get your children vaccinated so they will not catch the disease why wouldn't you? Especially when you know it will probably cause them to have Shingles later in life which can be at the least an irritating and a lot of times be a debilitating long term painful disease confused2

Now if you do not want to get vaccinated yourself and want to intentionally expose yourself to catch it and you do not care whether you get Shingles later in life, then so be it up

So as usual I will not back down from what I state and believe, if you intentionally expose your children to small pox when you have the ability to get them vaccinated and you know they will probably suffer from shingles later in life, then Yes I think y'all are Idiots also!

Small pox? I thought you were dogging on the Ky. Gov over exposure to chicken pox?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:42 PM

I landed up with the Shingles. I will just say the Shingles are hell on earth. Now there is a vaccination for Shingles, it wasn't developed until 2006, I was first in line when the Doctor told us about it. You need to discuss this with your Doctor.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:42 PM

The vaccine is 70% effective. 30% of children will still get Chickenpox and are still at risk for shingles. And yup there is a vaccine for shingles
Posted By: Buffs 1

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:48 PM

The vaccine is 70% effective. 30% of children will still get Chickenpox and are still at risk for shingles. And yup there is a vaccine for shingles

CDC says the full two-dose course for the chicken pox vaccine is 98% effective.

CDC Vaccines

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:51 PM

Let me get this straight. You are not okay with protecting your children from small pox with a vaccine even though you know they will probably get shingles later in life, but your okay with getting them a vaccine to help control a disease they got from one you wouldn't let them take a vaccine for. Make perfect sense bs

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 01:59 PM

If you haven't had the Shingles, and you think there is a snowballs chance in hell you might get them, I highly recommend the vaccination.
Posted By: Cast

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 02:06 PM

I had everything when I was a kid. We all did. My sister got shingles last year. We got the shingles shot series. We’re half way through the pneumonia shot series now.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 02:14 PM

Me and siblings had chickenpox , got it from a friend who was vaccinated for it.
Itchy itchy itchy.
Posted By: Ron H

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 02:39 PM

Does he expose his children to polio as well?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 02:42 PM

Umm pretty much anyone born before 85 was probably exposed to Chicken poxs as a youth to get it over with. Hear as an adult it’s worse. Hell I don’t think I know anyone that hasn’t gotten it other then my kids. Thought it was a right of passage like hand foot and mouth. Also didn’t know there was a vaccine does it cause Guillain-Barre?

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 02:44 PM

I had the pox twice. Second times was mild. I would say most of us have had them and we are doing fine stub. I will be getting the shingles vaccine when i get older. That stuff sounds terrible.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 02:49 PM

Yes, he’s an idiot.

What folks did in 1950 has zero relevance to 2019. Anyone who needlessly lets their children suffer has a damn screw loose.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 03:19 PM

The other part of this is does the government have the right to force you to vaccinate your children?
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 03:35 PM

S.A Hunter & Thundervee do y'all have children if so did you have them vaccinated?

Yes and yes. But if this dude feels he don’t want to have his kids vaccinated, then so be it. They’re HIS kids.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 03:37 PM

Yes and yes. But if this dude feels he don’t want to have his kids vaccinated, then so be it. They’re HIS kids.

Exactly how I feel.

Yes and yes.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 03:52 PM

Everyone likes to hate on those who don’t want to vaccinate, but I bet most don’t even know what’s in a vaccination, or the possible side effects.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 03:55 PM

I don’t care if you vaccinate your kids or not. I don’t think the unvaccinated should be allowed in a public school though.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
I don’t care if you vaccinate your kids or not. I don’t think the unvaccinated should be allowed in a public school though.

Well if everybody is vaccinated at Public School except for unvaccinated what does it matter?

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:12 PM

Exactly how I feel.

Yes and yes.

But that is not what you argued. If you really feel it is better for your children to get the Chicken Pox as a child than as an adult why did you have them vaccinated? Easy answer because you did not want your kids getting sick period!
And please stop with the spin BS! I never said he should not be allowed to make decisions for his children, I simply stated that I think he is an Idiot for making that decision.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:15 PM

If nobody had their children vaccinated, every so often there would be bunch of kids being ill at the same time. It could possibly overwhelm the medical community.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Everyone likes to hate on those who don’t want to vaccinate, but I bet most don’t even know what’s in a vaccination, or the possible side effects.

Most don’t know what’s in the cereal they eat or the soda they drink or the possible side effects either. The only difference is their choices in that regard only affect themselves and their families, not others.

I have been deeply involved with the issue. In fact, I won one of the few death benefits cases that have ever been successful through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Act back in 1991. This involved the use of the whole cell pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine. Basically, though the whole cell vaccine saved many lives, it did cost some when the vaccine itself caused fever/illness that led to the deaths of some children. That vaccine has been replaced with a synthetic version.

Vaccines are sort of like bridge abutments. They save countless lives every day, but every once in a while somebody hits one head on and is killed. Yet (unlike with vaccines) no one wants to eliminate bridge railings or refuses to drive on roads with bridge railings because everyone knows they are safer overall. Same with seat belts and many other things.

Not vaccinating will sicken and kill a helluva a lot more children than vaccinations ever will. Both science and common sense back that up.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:20 PM

The older I get the more I realize just how powerful a tool fear is. It probably drives about 95% of our politics and 80% of our policy these days. Right or wrong (often wrong).

Crazy......

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

Vaccines are sort of like bridge abutments. They save countless lives every day, but every once in a while somebody hits one head on and is killed. Yet (unlike with vaccines) no one wants to eliminate bridge railings or refuses to drive on roads with bridge railings because everyone knows they are safer overall. Same with seat belts and many other things.

If you see as many guard rail is out warning signs as we do, you might reconsider that. Just think of how much safer the roads might be if the guard rails on bridges were removed. A lot of people might land up in the river or creek, but it might just get them off the road permanently.
Posted By: Buffs 1

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:28 PM

I don't know exactly what's in penicillin either, but when every doctor and expert who has spent decades researching the issue tell me that the benefit outweigh the risks, I follow their advice.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:31 PM

I have no clue what is in most vaccines except the flu shot it has some sort of strain of the flu they are trying to prevent. The first flu shot I got as an adult gave me the full blown flu bang Did not take one for a long time then started taking them when I worked for a large corp where they encouraged everyone to take them and the were free.
I have not had a shot in 5 years and have not gotten the flu either.

If a person does not want their children to get vaccinated for known diseases that is there prerogative, they can just home school them where they do not risk getting everyone else's kids sick, pretty simple up

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 04:39 PM

The older I get the more I realize just how powerful a tool fear is. It probably drives about 95% of our politics and 80% of our policy these days. Right or wrong (often wrong).

Crazy......

You do realize that is the cdc's job right.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 05:01 PM

The point is that maybe a little research should be done to find out why people believe what they do before calling them idiots. I’m not making a stance, either way, but I do know there’s some very harmful things in vaccines, and they’ve been linked to a lot of side effects, including death.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 05:13 PM

The point is that maybe a little research should be done to find out why people believe what they do before calling them idiots. I’m not making a stance, either way, but I do know there’s some very harmful things in vaccines, and they’ve been linked to a lot of side effects, including death.

Point taken up even though I still think he is an idiot laugh bolt

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 05:28 PM

There’s risk in everything. That’s not the issue. The issue is costs vs. benefits.

With vaccines, it’s not even a close call. That’s why people are not smart for not vaccinating. Going beyond that and intentionally exposing your children to a disease is beyond not smart. It’s idiotic.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 05:38 PM

There’s risk in everything. That’s not the issue. The issue is costs vs. benefits.

With vaccines, it’s not even a close call. That’s why people are not smart for not vaccinating. Going beyond that and intentionally exposing your children to a disease is beyond not smart. It’s idiotic.

How else are you supposed to build up your immune system? Exposure exposure exposure. Some things aren't as serious as others. For instance Polo.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 05:53 PM

The research is complete. The only people that would espouse this nonsense is anti-vaxxers or Russian trolls. It's shameful in my opinion.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/21/19 06:00 PM

How else are you supposed to build up your immune system? Exposure exposure exposure. Some things aren't as serious as others. For instance Polo.

The polio vaccine is almost a 100% effective. It would really suck to see that disease make a comeback because ignorant people refused to be vaccinated.
Posted By: CassCounty

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/22/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
If you haven't had the Shingles, and you think there is a snowballs chance in hell you might get them, I highly recommend the vaccination.

After neck surgery, I got shingles on the right side of my mouth (upper pallet) all the way to my throat....It was BAD!!
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/22/19 12:24 PM

To me this is a good thing we are discussing this as a society. This subject hits the libertarian in me. I do believe we should be mandated from serious diseases by the govt, but they do not get a pass on sticking me or my family with any vaccine they want. Has to be a checks and balance on everything.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot - 03/22/19 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ramsey

To me this is a good thing we are discussing this as a society. This subject hits the libertarian in me. I do believe we should be mandated from serious diseases by the govt, but they do not get a pass on sticking me or my family with any vaccine they want. Has to be a checks and balance on everything.

Yes, i don't like mandates, especially when it comes to government. The government doesn't always have people's best interest at heart. They have been known to experiment with the public, and sometimes its nefarious in nature.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum