Texas Hunting Forum

Re-mount?

Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re-mount? - 03/29/16 07:20 PM

I have a really nice buck on my wall, killed in '83, but he was neck-shot, then had his throat slit rather severely (long story), so the taxy only did a neck mount on him. I'd like to provide a taxy with a similarly sized/aged head, cape, and the original mount to eventually end up with a full shoulder mount. Is this something even doable? Any ideas on cost?
Posted By: BrianCook_RanchSales

Re: Re-mount? - 03/29/16 09:11 PM

As long as you have the horns, you can basically completely redo any mount. Most taxidermists will have some extra skins you can buy.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Re-mount? - 03/29/16 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: bow5
As long as you have the horns, you can basically completely redo any mount. Most taxidermists will have some extra skins you can buy.

^ This
Posted By: GodsCreationTaxidermy

Re: Re-mount? - 03/30/16 03:25 AM

Slowdrifter check out my webpage www.godscreationtaxidermystudio.com I have a number of posts on this forum and also have quite a few extra capes. My contact info is on my webpage. Would love the opportunity to do him for you.
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Re-mount? - 04/05/16 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: GodsCreationTaxidermy
Slowdrifter check out my webpage www.godscreationtaxidermystudio.com I have a number of posts on this forum and also have quite a few extra capes. My contact info is on my webpage. Would love the opportunity to do him for you.

Really good looking work and great prices!
Posted By: TB338

Re: Re-mount? - 04/06/16 12:30 AM

Mark does Awesome work !!!
Posted By: BMD

Re: Re-mount? - 04/06/16 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: kdkane1971
Originally Posted By: bow5

^ This
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Re-mount? - 04/07/16 01:43 PM

This is very common. Most of the time it's because the cape wasn't tanned properly and after so many years, it starts to slip and the bugs take over. It's also very common with animals done in Africa and then shipped here. My taxidermist always has several African heads that he's been hired to find a new cape and remount the animal. Right now he has a massive kudu and cape buffalo that must have been done by a ten year old.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Re-mount? - 04/18/16 10:14 PM

That's great, and I see you're in Grandbury? I'm in the Waco area (not far) but a friend at work lives in Grandbury and is in the Waco office once a week. I could just round trip it through him and save some shipping. I'll be in touch, thanks! Oh, any idea on what this might run? You can PM if you want. Thanks again.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum