Texas Hunting Forum

Birdworks

Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks

Birdworks - 04/16/14 03:26 AM

Thoughts on the quality of mounts from Birdworks Taxidermy in Ft. Worth?
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Birdworks - 04/16/14 02:28 PM

Some of the best. Look back in this topic at some of the pictures he has posted.
Last I heard he wasn't taking any new work. But that was some time ago.
Posted By: ShootEmFoldEm

Re: Birdworks - 04/16/14 03:17 PM

Matt at Birdworks is the best and has done many ducks for me in the past and as soon as he starts taking on more work, i'll be sending more to him. Like BMowatt said, I don't think he's currently taking in any new birds.
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Birdworks - 04/17/14 04:28 PM

He's the best hands down. He did an incredible merganser mount for me, and a pheasant. Right now he's working on a South Dakota mixed bag mount that is going to be ridiculous. But he's no longer taking any new clients for a long while.
Posted By: Brian R.

Re: Birdworks - 04/17/14 04:58 PM

He does great work when he want's to.

The problem is the wait time. In my experience with him it's 2-4 years wait time.
Posted By: ShootEmFoldEm

Re: Birdworks - 04/17/14 08:33 PM

I've never waited anywhere near that long, yes he may take longer than your average joe taxidermist, but if you want a quality mount, it's worth a little time to have it done well.
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Birdworks - 04/18/14 12:13 PM

Never waited longer than 10-12 months myself and he always keeps me updated and informed.
Posted By: SweetTea

Re: Birdworks - 04/19/14 01:38 AM

Does awesome work. Very fortunate to have had his business. Nothing but praise.
Posted By: fishpig30

Re: Birdworks - 04/20/14 02:59 AM

He does exceptional work. I can always pick out his work versus others because it simply looks more lifelike and realistic.

bomb.com
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Birdworks - 04/20/14 02:03 PM

The pheasant he did for my wife is by far the best mount we have..
Posted By: Trozacky

Re: Birdworks - 04/21/14 02:01 AM

Matt is one of the best!
Posted By: Duckin Nuts

Re: Birdworks - 04/23/14 02:42 PM

Best there is! Worth any amount of wait time that there is. His attention to detail sets him miles apart from anyone else.
Posted By: JGram1

Re: Birdworks - 04/23/14 04:28 PM

Never takes 2 years but he is busy tho! It's a trend with good taxidermists and anyone who values waterfowl hunting values a quality mount!

I don't always mount ducks, but when I do, I choose Birdworks!
Posted By: cody

Re: Birdworks - 04/25/14 04:50 AM

I give the guy props for shutting out new business. Too many guys keep taking birds and either never get them done or the quality suffers to rush them out.
Posted By: cody

Re: Birdworks - 04/25/14 01:12 PM

Just glad I was lucky enough to get in with him before he booked up! Detail on his birds are phenomenal...best I've seen. He'll have my business for as long as he wants it.
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Birdworks - 04/27/14 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks
Thoughts on the quality of mounts from Birdworks Taxidermy in Ft. Worth?

Ya get the answer you were looking for?

Re: Birdworks - 04/27/14 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: JGram1
Never takes 2 years but he is busy tho! It's a trend with good taxidermists and anyone who values waterfowl hunting values a quality mount!

I don't always mount ducks, but when I do, I choose Birdworks!

Agree to disagree... I have 5 mounts (4 ducks & 1 dove) from Matt and that's how long I waited for the ducks. I also have a buddy that's coming up 2 years when Matt promised 3 months.

Like I said, does fantastic work when he wants to.

Re: Birdworks - 04/28/14 03:36 AM

BrianR - We get it - you use (or used) Pat at Avian Art....and you take every opportunity to bash Matt. We get it.... the OP's question was about Matt's QUALITY. You've made 2 posts and haven't bothered answering the OP'S question....which tells me you up to your same old tricks.

I've seen you post pictures of your mounts from Avain Arts on several occasions right here on this forum, but I didn't jump on and ask why anyone in their right mind would pay $450.00 for a duck mount did I? That's highway robbery, but if you can pay if great. I didn't ask you if you knew that Avian Art used MULTIPLE friends of his to mount your birds. If I had taken a bird to Avain Art and found out that somebody else had mounted my bird I woulda been PISSED. But I don't get on your threads and try to cause trouble, bashin a workin man over a person vendetta like you do....trying to blow out someone else's candle aint gonna make yours any brighter.

Re: Birdworks - 04/28/14 03:41 AM

Brian R I sat here and watched you fight with Birdworks on this forum for several years so before you go and try to go and deny it here is a picture of your buddy Avian Art with the guys that mounted all his customer's birds. Pointing fingers is fun huh? Do you know which one of these guys even mounted YOUR birds...for 450.00 it had better be the guy tellin me so! I got more stories about Avain Art's QUALITY....which I believe this thread was originally about before you got involved...

Re: Birdworks - 04/28/14 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian R.

Agree to disagree... I have 5 mounts (4 ducks & 1 dove) from Matt and that's how long I waited for the ducks. I also have a buddy that's coming up 2 years when Matt promised 3 months.

Like I said, does fantastic work when he wants to.

Do you always exaggerate Brian R? Matt's own website clearly states "normal turnaround time is 12 months"...his regulars know it can take much longer than that....where do you come up with "3 montbs" and that you waited 4 years???

Interesting how you can speak for bird works and your buddy...quite the ego you got there

You not a kid anymore, when are you going to realize that men have kids and family to support and trying to tear them down is shameful...

Re: Birdworks - 04/28/14 12:25 PM

I'm pretty sure I said he did fantastic work...

I'm not going to get into it with you over this. I just expressed my experience with him. If he's not taking any new business then what does it matter?

All the great taxidermists use help. Look at Birdman studios in Colorado do you think he mounts all those birds by himself? Doubtful. What's wrong with getting help with the dirty grunt work and be able to focus on the finishing touches and details? I don't care who does it as long as it's done well and in a reasonable time.

I don't have many hobbies so $450 once or twice a year is no big deal for a quality piece of art.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum