Texas Hunting Forum

not satisfied

Posted By: aggiegadwall

not satisfied - 07/18/13 02:08 AM

Question- If I have a mount done and am not satisfied with it how should I handle the situation. What should I expect to come out of the situation.
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: not satisfied - 07/18/13 02:18 AM

I don't know much about it but I would say you just have to live with it and move on.
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: not satisfied - 07/18/13 02:31 AM

Sometimes it pays to do a little research. I don't tend to swap taxis much, but if I do, I want to see a good bit of their work before I make a decision to go with them.

Unless it's just totally screwed up, I'd fork out the money and never go back.
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: not satisfied - 07/18/13 02:43 PM

If you shopped around and found the cheapest priced and without looking at their work...then I would say that is what you get.

If it was a well established taxi and you paid good money, and you did our research by looking at his animals before you left it.....then I would be upset also.

But I am interested to hear the story.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: not satisfied - 07/18/13 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: aggiegadwall
Question- If I have a mount done and am not satisfied with it how should I handle the situation. What should I expect to come out of the situation.

Sue them for every last dollar they have.. Sue them hard.. nidea

OR.. Talk to the taxi & express your concerns, see if you both can come to an agreement for them to either bring the mount up to your expectations or maybe a discount on the work. If they feel like it is acceptable as is, pay them and be done with that shop..
Posted By: crosshare

Re: not satisfied - 07/18/13 09:37 PM

Most will do what they have to do to make you happy and coming back, that is what I do. I have heard stories from other taxis that if you are a complete jerk, nice term, they don't care or want your business anymore. Unless you have gotten crossways with them you can say something and get it worked out, they may want to charge you if it's a major issue. Not knowing the whole story is hard to judge. You can always pay to get it back and go somewhere else. Good luck!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: not satisfied - 07/19/13 02:12 PM

Man I bet if you went to him like a Gentleman and expressed your concerns in a constructive manner and not in front of a crowd, just one on one he would make it right. If he is a legit stand up guy and given a chance to correct it, its a win win. You paid your money and have a right to be satisfied but if he is not aware of the concerns ? Good Luck and hope they step up.

Re: not satisfied - 07/19/13 10:23 PM

I saw some previous work but the guy that h apparently had doing his cats didnt work for him any more
Posted By: rob valle

Re: not satisfied - 07/19/13 11:13 PM

Pics please! There are several of us on here that will let you know if it is fixable or not...
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: not satisfied - 07/20/13 03:32 AM

Not a bobcat. Oh lordy.......this is not gonna be good.

Re: not satisfied - 07/22/13 02:11 AM

actually its a mtn lion. wish me luck
Posted By: jluke

Re: not satisfied - 07/22/13 02:14 PM

no bueno
Posted By: mauser98

Re: not satisfied - 08/13/13 05:26 PM

H
Posted By: NDN98

Re: not satisfied - 08/13/13 10:29 PM

worthless
Posted By: Deer Creek Taxidermy

Re: not satisfied - 08/13/13 11:00 PM

Depending on the tan they used it may be able to be remounted..... Or it may just need some work done to it! The longer you wait the harder it will be to fix! And the more it's gonna cost! Just make sure you take it to someone that knows what their doing!
Posted By: Hughiam

Re: not satisfied - 08/13/13 11:41 PM

Interested in hearing the price paid for the mount.
Posted By: Mohawg

Re: not satisfied - 08/14/13 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
worthless
X2
Posted By: bkj

Re: not satisfied - 08/14/13 07:22 PM

My taxidermist has always said if I ever don't like something please let him know and he will fix it because if I'm not happy he's not happy! That being said he has done ALOT of mounts for me and there has never been any issues. Usually you get what you pay for. The cheapest bargain guys can't mount an animal the way my guy does for the price they quote.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: not satisfied - 08/18/13 12:59 AM

Remembering some of the pics posted on cats.....I can't wait
Originally Posted By: aggiegadwall
actually its a mtn lion. wish me luck
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: not satisfied - 08/18/13 02:23 AM

Best to tell your thoughts at pick up..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum