Texas Hunting Forum

Bobcat Mount

Posted By: jarepjoe

Bobcat Mount - 01/06/12 12:53 AM

I live in Alvarado and shot my first bobcat. I would like to have it mounted. Does anyone know of a good taxidermist in my area for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

Posted By: texaswildlife

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/06/12 01:17 AM

Give me a call I would love to help you out I'm in Keller

817-658-9067

Posted By: MikeBillington

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/06/12 01:51 PM

Check out our cats. We can do you a really nice mount.

Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/07/12 01:10 AM

All I can say is be very careful who you choose. A majority of bobcat mounts I see always seem to look awkward.

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/07/12 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: jensent
All I can say is be very careful who you choose. A majority of bobcat mounts I see always seem to look awkward.

X2!

Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/08/12 04:22 AM

Ram Country in Burleson does great bobcat work.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/08/12 04:29 AM

X1000 and be careful on the form cause a majority of them suck!

Posted By: animal scanner

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/08/12 06:30 AM

Wow !!

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/08/12 06:38 AM

Wow!!! Is right most of the forms in the books you order suck and head change outs are almost a guarantee if they are gonna look right.

Posted By: jarepjoe

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/08/12 02:13 PM

Guys, thanks for the great information. I will be checking into a couple before I make a decision.

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/09/12 01:57 AM

Agreed. Bobcat mounts seem to always have a really odd look to them. Very unnatural.

Posted By: JCB

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/09/12 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeBillington
Check out our cats. We can do you a really nice mount.

That looks really nice! If you would have told me it was alive I would have believed it.

I think where a lot of taxis screw up on cats is they make the eyes wide open like the cat is freakin out or something. Cats are like people.....they dont walk around all bug eyed because thier eyes are sensitive to light just like ours. Those eyes are PERFECT!

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/09/12 03:12 AM

Eyes are good, if form had been drilled out where ears were set down it would be really nice. Nice cat though. Don't care for the bat eared look.

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/09/12 01:57 PM

BMD I had told you before that this particular cat had unusually big ears. You do not know the process how we mount our animals so please don't assume we didn't set them into the head. Look at other cats we did and you will see what I'm talking about the ears. All cats are different and you will find no two alike. Just like people.

Posted By: bo man

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/09/12 02:47 PM

Running buck Taxidermy does great work

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/09/12 03:25 PM

Yeah I know was hacking on you, great cat. More of hint for others than you smile

Re: Bobcat Mount - 01/09/12 03:39 PM

Quit hacking, it's Monday morning. Wait till tomorrow. LOL

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum