Texas Hunting Forum

I need a stump for a pedestal base (DFW area)

Posted By: bonehunts

I need a stump for a pedestal base (DFW area) - 12/03/10 02:32 PM

I really like Animal Scanner's stump he used for the pedestal mount. Any ideas on where to pick up a base like that? I think it's just a cedar stump? I can finish it, but wanted to know where to pick up something like that around DFW. Maybe a tree trimming service...

Posted By: population-control

Re: I need a stump for a pedestal base (DFW area) - 12/03/10 03:18 PM

The stump looks like it is made of cedar, and nicely done. I wouldn't recomend using a fleshly cut stump for something like that, the wood would probably have to dry for a few months before you can sand and polish.

Posted By: Matt

Re: I need a stump for a pedestal base (DFW area) - 12/03/10 10:17 PM

If you don't find one, let me know. I had most of the timber cleared on my hunting property last summer and I'll be cleaning it up when deer season is over. I have tons of cedar logs cut and drying that would do that perfectly. My place is between Paris and Mt Vernon, so it'd be a bit of a drive, but it is there.
Thanks!!!
Matt

Posted By: Central Texas Hog Traps

Re: I need a stump for a pedestal base (DFW area) - 12/06/10 09:40 PM

Ive got all the cedar stumps that you would want,the one your looking at is actually a little higher, not the stump itself
I'll put a pic up(when i get my mount in, that'll blow most bases away), and did it myself

Posted By: bonehunts

Re: I need a stump for a pedestal base (DFW area) - 12/06/10 09:49 PM

Thanks guys. I actually came across a few this weekend on the way to the farm.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum