Texas Hunting Forum

tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports

Posted By: TravisMears.com

tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 07/31/14 03:18 PM

I wanted to send out an invite/request that you watch or set your DVR to record the Professional Sporting Clays Tour on NBC Sports. The success and future of the Pro Tour relies heavily on the audience and response from sponsors.

The Professional Sporting Clays Association (“PSCA”) is a new venture dreamt up by the right people in Houston that could make it happen. Our good ole boy sport of sporting clays has been the fastest growing firearm sport for the last 10 years, but it still has not reached the level that we all dream of. This has been the inaugural season for the PSCA with 4 Tour shoots and 60 selected Pro Sporting Clay Shooters from across the country.

The Professional Sporting Clays Tour was established to give the top athletes a pro tour, but more importantly to entertain, educate and engage a national television audience with a positive light on the shooting sports. I have not seen any of the episodes yet, but it is said to have to the perfect blend of hardcore sporting action, professional instruction and compelling personal stories.

I hope that you enjoy and please spread the word to anyone that you think may be interested in watching.

Here are some links if you would like to look further into it.

http://nbcsnoutdoors360.com/psca.html

http://psca.com/

http://www.travismears.com

UPDATED PSCA TV Schedule (THESE ARE EASTERN TIME)
THURS 12:30pm(ET) & Primetime SUN 10pm(ET)
Episode 1: THURS 07/31 & SUN 08/03
Episode 2: THURS 08/07 & SUN 08/10
Episode 3: THURS 08/14 & SUN 08/17
Episode 4: THURS 08/21 & SUN 08/24
Episode 5: THURS 08/28 & SUN 08/31
Episode 6: THURS 09/04 & SUN09/07
Episode 7: THURS 09/11 & SUN 09/14
Episode 8: THURS 09/18 & SUN 09/21
Episode 9: THURS 09/25 & SUN 09/28

Channel Finder
http://www.nbcsports.com/tv-listings?ap=cf&v=1&aid=nbcsports&stnlt=15952%2C48639&nstnlt=false&rty=json&zip=76102&zccSubmit.x=16&zccSubmit.y=4&zccSubmit=find

Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 07/31/14 03:49 PM

I know I'm ready to watch.
Posted By: assassinator

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 07/31/14 03:57 PM

For me it's Channel 220 11:30 am today set to record up

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 07/31/14 03:57 PM

Awesome, thanks guys.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 07/31/14 11:17 PM

Not Trolling and I will watch because it helps promote the shooting sports BUT, I'm really not in to watching rich people shooting $100,000 shotguns knowing it's already out of my league.

Rather see real people...the little people...like me shooting. I want more instruction, less "look at me" I shoot a 100,000 shotgun my daddy bought me and I wear a really cool looking buff to protect my neck.

Again,, I'll watch but please...

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/01/14 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
Not Trolling and I will watch because it helps promote the shooting sports BUT, I'm really not in to watching rich people shooting $100,000 shotguns knowing it's already out of my league.

Rather see real people...the little people...like me shooting. I want more instruction, less "look at me" I shoot a 100,000 shotgun my daddy bought me and I wear a really cool looking buff to protect my neck.

Again,, I'll watch but please...

Buzzsaw,

What in the world are you talking about? This entire series is about the promotion of the shooting sports and the education of the viewer about the game of sporting clays. It just happens to be the top shooters that have been selected to show and explain how to play the game and be successful by using the correct techniques and the best products.

The shooters shooting in the PSCA are professional shooters. Many of these guys make a living coaching or chasing the curcuit much like a rodeo competitor. There is very minumal money to be made in actual competition. They are about as real as it gets, playing a fairly expensive game with minimal returns. The shooters rely on the assistance of the right sponsors and support. Nobody out there shoots a gun that cost a $100,000. There are some that may be $10,000, but as previously stated, these are probably sponsorship guns. Look at my competition gun, its a $1600 Beretta A400 much like the one you would pick up at Cabelas before duck season.

Try to keep it positive and promote the sport, lets not bash anything that sheds a positive light on she shooting sports and firearms in general.
Thanks for your input.

Travis

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/01/14 05:10 PM

Well said Travis

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/01/14 06:55 PM

Short Video

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/01/14 08:09 PM

I'm with you, I just saw the website with the youngsters shooting very expensive Kreigoffs/Kolars/Berettas, over reacted.

So lets do this, Since you are not far from me, why don't we meet and shoot a couple rounds of Sporting Clays. I want you to help me learn how. I'm a decent skeet shooter, but struggle at sporting clays and would really love some pointers.

5 Stand Dan please join us, I think we would have a great time and I could benefit from yawls' experience.... maybe some Saturday at Elm Fork. I did get in their summer/Fall skeet league, starts up August 13.

Looking forward to learning more

BTW I'm on ATT&T Cable in Frisco, do you have any idea what channel NBC Sports is?
Buzz

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/01/14 08:13 PM

Nice video from Houston, we need some of that up here!!

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/01/14 09:27 PM

link to NBC channel finder for Frisco

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/02/14 12:31 PM

I found it, set DVR to record the series. You guys are gonna make me buy another shotgun aren't you !!!???
Posted By: bentman

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/04/14 01:40 PM

They are not shooting 100000 shotguns I saw 2 or 3 guys a 1 lady shooting the Beretta A 400 sporting it goes for about 1600 get your facts straight so next time you will not make a misleading post sounds like you are jealous or you just don't know much about shotguns

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/06/14 06:43 PM

Ok $20,000 shotguns, Like the brother and sister each shooting custom fitted K-80's have you priced one lately bentman??

I would go on bentman but you are trollin and an A_ _ H_ _ E so GFY.

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/06/14 10:31 PM

WOW.....there were 3 or 4 people that were using A-400's they cost less than 2,000 yeah sure they have some custom work why would that bother you???? why watch nascar they are driving 500,000 cars why watch golf they are playing with custom clubs. what about baseball they use custom gloves

so you need to LIGHTEN UP FRANCES and go learn some more about shotguns before you speeewwww

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/07/14 01:08 AM

You are correct

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/07/14 04:12 PM

Ok, run to your TV, the second episode is coming on in 20 minutes. 11:30 Central time on NBC Sports.

A little birdy told me that you may get a Pro Tip from your truly during this episode.

Buzzsaw, please disregard any of the equipment you may see.

Thanks yall,

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/10/14 12:33 AM

Are you on the show??? That's cool @!!!

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/11/14 06:29 PM

Yes sir, I was on the Tour and will periodically be on the show. Last episode I had a Pro Tip discussing the importance of using the correct (dominant) eye when starting out.
Posted By: Judd

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/11/14 06:29 PM

2nd show was much better than the first....less about the pros and more about the targets...Dan does a great job.

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/11/14 10:05 PM

That's cool Travis I'll watch it tonight have it recorded.

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/26/14 04:22 PM

Updated TV Schedule

Updated Schedule for PSCA

2014 PSCA TV Schedule

Airs on NBC Sports Network: 7/31/14 - 10/26/14
Nine (9) original 30-minute episodes

UPDATED PSCA TV Schedule
July 31st - Episode 1 - THURS 12:30pm(ET)
August 3rd - Episode 1 - SUN 10pm(ET)
August 7th - Episode 2 - THURS 12:30pm(ET)
August 10th - Episode 2 - SUN 10pm(ET)
August 14th - Episode 3 - THURS 12:30pm(ET)
August 21st - Episode 4 - THURS at 12:30pm(ET)
August 28th - Episode 5 - THURS at 12:30pm(ET)
August 31st - Episode 5 - SUN at 10pm(ET)
September 2nd - Episode 6 - TUES at 2:30pm(ET)
September 7th - Episode 6 - SUN at 10pm(ET)
September 8th - Episode 3 - MON at 1:00pm(ET)
September 9th - Episode 4 - TUES at 2:30pm(ET)
September 11th - Episode 7 - THURS at 12:30pmET
September 14th - Episode 7 - SUN at 10pm(ET)
September 16th - Episode 6 - TUES at 2:30pm(ET)
September 18th - Episode 8 - THURS at 12:30pm(ET)
September 21st - Episode 8 - SUN at 10pm(ET)
September 25th - Episode 9 - THURS at 12:30pm(ET)
September 28th - Episode 9 - SUN at 10pm(ET)
October 12th - Episode 8 - SUN at 9:30pm(ET)
October 26th - Episode 9 - SUN at 9:30pm(ET)

(Note: Schedule is subject to change. Check local listings for showtimes.)

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/27/14 01:48 AM

thanks

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/28/14 08:25 PM

I set my DVR to record the "series" but it has only recorded two episodes. Now when I turn on NBsN, I don't even see it listed. Anyone else having this problem. I'm really getting into this game...

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/28/14 08:25 PM

I have AT&T cable, in Frisco

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 08/29/14 12:28 AM

It was listed on Time Warner today, but was not a couple of days ago

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 09/01/14 02:06 AM

Finally recorded the one at Caney Creek Lodge...5-stand take me deer hunting there !!!

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 09/03/14 04:31 PM

Travis what place are you in

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 09/04/14 02:49 AM

Great show, I'm now saving for a Blaser like Kory Kruze.

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 09/04/14 02:51 AM

Or maybe a 400 like Travis, just not that long!!

Travis, who did the stock on your A400. It is sheer beauty !!

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 09/05/14 07:40 PM

Im glad that yall are enjoying the show. I think it is shaping up to be really awesome for the shooters and the viewers.

My stock and the last 10 stocks I have shot have all been made by Wenig Custom Gunstocks out of Lincoln, Missouri. They are the best gun fitters and stock craftsman in the country.

Wenigs Website

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 09/11/14 02:23 PM

Tune in to watch Episode 7 today at 11:30am Central Time.

PSCA TV SCHEDULE

Also, the previous episodes can be viewed online at the link below.

Episodes on Line

Re: tune in to watch the Professional Sporting Clays Association Tour on NBC Sports - 09/13/14 07:51 PM

Thanks Travis, good luck at Fossil Point
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum