Texas Hunting Forum

Deer prossesing

Posted By: TZX190

Deer prossesing - 09/29/06 04:01 PM

What do you guys have your deer made into. I have most of my deer made into sausage but I would like something else made. Any suggestions??? I need to learn how to make sausage myself and get some good recipes seeing how I will need 10 deer prossesed.

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Deer prossesing - 09/29/06 04:52 PM

I usually make my own pan sausage(hot, mild and Italian seasoned), jerky, steaks, ground meat (hamburgers, meatloaf, dirty rice, sphagetti sauce, etc), chili meat, smokey link sausage, summer sausage, slim jim's and tamales.

Just to name a few...
Chris

Posted By: SaginawHunter

Re: Deer prossesing - 10/05/06 01:07 AM

Chris How are you doing? Havent heard from you in a while.

Posted By: huntingpj

Re: Deer prossesing - 10/05/06 01:17 AM

I usually make or have made sausage depends on what I am looking for. Butterfly backstrap, tenderloins whole, grind rest into hamburger with some beef brisket. Good stuff!

Posted By: BillyBobTx_23

Re: Deer prossesing - 10/05/06 02:10 PM

Yeah I heard as well that making the hamburger with the brisket is supposed to be good. I have always just made it with 10% beef tallow but its still a little gamey that way. But still great to make chili with.

Posted By: easton1025

Re: Deer prossesing - 10/06/06 01:15 AM

I add 2 pounds of smoked bacon to 8 pounds of deer meat and grind it together...Dang good burgers

Posted By: kyle_tx

Re: Deer prossesing - 10/09/06 06:36 AM

Pan sausage, links and summer sausage. Last year was the 1st year I tried the summer sausage and It was awesome.

Posted By: DTE

Re: Deer prossesing - 10/10/06 12:28 AM

does anyone have a recommendation for a deer processor in the Fort Worth or Wise county area? Before this season I used Kenny Fred's in Bluff dale but since I got on a lease in Wise county that seems a bit far any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Deer prossesing - 10/13/06 06:58 PM

Fischer's in Muenster, TX is excellent. Best around I think. It is about 16 miles north of the Wise County border but might be far if you are on the south side of Wise but worth it.

Link isn't working now: http://www.fischersmeatmarket.com/deer.htm

And if you have a bad deer season, you can just buy their beef and just tell the spouse it is deer.

Posted By: Luv2Hunt

Re: Deer prossesing - 11/07/06 03:13 PM

Easton 1025,

I like your idea of grinding up 2 lbs. of smoke bacon with 8 pounds of deer meat. Never thought of that before but definately going to give it a try. The pork fat and smoke flavor should be just perfect with the rest of the lean deer meat. Excellent idea.

Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Deer prossesing - 11/08/06 12:32 PM

We drive to Fischers in Muenster for all of our meat. Ever tried the mustard? It is the best I've ever eaten.

Going there is worth the trip. I know people who make regular trips from the D/FW metroplex and he ships worldwide.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum