Texas Hunting Forum

chicken fried questions

Posted By: horn section

chicken fried questions - 12/15/09 05:31 PM

Has anyone ever tried to chicken fry either a pork loin cutlet or a hamburger patty? if so how did it come out? Thanks in advance.

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/15/09 05:37 PM

I do pork loin all the time. It comes out fine. I just pan fry the cutlets.

Posted By: RobertY

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/15/09 06:49 PM

I do pork loin nearly weekly:

One glass dish combine:
one cup of milk and one beaten egg

Second dish combine:
Two cups of AP flour
2 tbsp garlic powder
4-5 tbsp Tony's
1 tbsp salt/pepper

Dip loin in egg mixture, coating well, then place in flour mix. Coat loin with flour mix, pat dry and shake free of loose flour. Repeat this same process one more time.

Deep fry at 350* for about 6 minutes, depending the thickness of the cut. I cut them about 3/4" thick.

Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/16/09 12:55 AM

Robert Y's recipe looks like what I use (never exactly the same though) and the pork turns out really good. Some will like it better than deer because the flavor is usually less gamey. I have a friend with no teeth and he chicken fries hamburger patties alot. I did it once for the heck of it and it was good.

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/16/09 01:13 AM

Deep fried is better, but you don't give up much in pan fired. I only use deep fried for fish, shrimp, and oysters, along with french fries.

I don't do the egg wash for fried pork chops, but then again, it's a little better.

Posted By: Screwdriver

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/16/09 03:32 AM

Pork loin fries up very well. In addition to a Texas chicken fried style, look up Schnitzel for a Austrian/German style or Tonkatsu for a Japanese style of deep fried pork cutlet. All are excellent.

Posted By: cbump

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/16/09 05:50 PM

My wife is the pickiest eater ever. After reading this thread, I asked her if she wanted me to make some chicken fried steak for dinner. She said she didn't like CFS. A little dumbfounded, I asked her why.
She said something about chicken and steak in the same name grosses her out....

What did I get myself in to?

Posted By: horn section

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/16/09 09:14 PM

I have some picky eaters in my family but I don't know anyone that won't eat something because of the name. Good luck brother!!!

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/16/09 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: cbump
My wife is the pickiest eater ever. After reading this thread, I asked her if she wanted me to make some chicken fried steak for dinner. She said she didn't like CFS. A little dumbfounded, I asked her why.

Are you married to Jessica Simpson?.... Sorry it just reminded me of that whole Chicken of the Sea Tuna thing...

Posted By: RobertY

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/16/09 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: cbump

I've heard of this before with other people too! Thats why you tell them its COUNTRY FRIED with Country gravy! Chicken fried, although it has nothing to do with chicken, does have a certian weirdness too it.....i guess.

Make her some country fried pork loin (bonless porkchops) and she'll change her mind!

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/17/09 12:46 AM

We chicken fry hamburger patties all the time. Dam good if I do say so myself, plus you can cut it with a fork.

Posted By: Old_Town

Re: chicken fried questions - 12/18/09 07:46 PM

I buy the por loins on sale for almost nothing. I slice them about 3/4" thick and tenderize them with a cubeing hammer. Last night the Mrs. dipped them in egg and rolled them in plain white bread crumbs. She then fried them in about 1/4" of olive oil. It was kinda weinerschnitzel style. Sure was good.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum