Texas Hunting Forum

Walmart blowing out hams

Posted By: Nolanco

Walmart blowing out hams - 04/04/24 01:47 PM

I saw they had marked their Easter hams down to $1.50 a pound, so bought one yesterday just because. Didn't really intend to bake a ham this week, but guess I will. I think I'll throw it some smoke on the Trager first, then into the oven.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/04/24 02:54 PM

Our local Kroger`s (Granbury) still have their spiral hams on sale for .97 cents per lb. I may try to snatch up a few if I can get by there. Great for sandwiches.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/04/24 06:39 PM

Yep, I've picked a couple each of my last trips to Kroger - limit 2. Can't beat them for the price.

Monday ham sandwiches
Tues ham and cabbage
Wed ham bone and beans

Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/04/24 06:42 PM

I like to smoke those hams for a bit and then boil them for a few hours to get them to shred. Man that shredded ham on white bread with mustard is one of my childhood favorites.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/04/24 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
I like to smoke those hams for a bit and then boil them for a few hours to get them to shred. Man that shredded ham on white bread with mustard is one of my childhood favorites.

Interesting............Never heard of boiled ham, but I`d be willing to try it though. I`d have to put it in a tortilla of some kind...........Let say...... Flour, with some scrambled eggs and salsa.

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/04/24 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK

Interesting............Never heard of boiled ham, but I`d be willing to try it though. I`d have to put it in a tortilla of some kind...........Let say...... Flour, with some scrambled eggs and salsa.

It's actually what I do to make my beans, then in turn use that water as the liquid for the beans.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/04/24 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK

It's actually what I do to make my beans, then in turn use that water as the liquid for the beans.

Have never had boiled/shredded ham like that either, I bet it's awesome. up

Closest thing I've ever done to that is smoke Country Style Ribs, then throw in a pot of beans until they fall apart and shred.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/05/24 02:51 AM

Kroger hams are great and the price is awesome up

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/06/24 12:23 PM

Man, this boiled, shredded ham thing is intriguing. Thanks Herbie.

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/06/24 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nolanco
Man, this boiled, shredded ham thing is intriguing. Thanks Herbie.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6530778/pinto-beans#Post6530778

Re: Walmart blowing out hams - 04/06/24 07:11 PM

I'll try that next ham. This one is spiral cut -- not that there's anything wrong with that. grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum